Accessible Cruises on Disney Cruises
Disney Cruises for Guests with Special Needs
Guests with disabilities have access to comfortable staterooms and suites, along with a full range of services, facilities, and amenities, including auxiliary aids, on every Disney Cruise Line ship and Disney's private island paradise, Castaway Cay.
All Disney Cruise Line ships offer accessible staterooms and suites. These staterooms are equipped with the following features for Guests with disabilities:
- 32" (minimum) doorways
- Ramped bathroom thresholds
- Open bed frames
- Toilet and shower grab bars
- Fold-down shower seats
- Adjustable-height shower heads
- Lowered towel and closet bars
- Emergency call buttons
Wheelchairs & Mobility Equipment
Most public areas on Disney ships, including the theaters, restaurants and shops are wheelchair accessible. There are also accessible public restrooms. You may wish to consider booking a wheelchair accessible stateroom, which has a 32-inch entrance door and features a wider path of travel inside the stateroom. Typical staterooms have a narrower entrance door (23 inches) and may not have the interior space to accommodate mobility equipment.
Please note the following regarding the use of wheelchairs and mobility devices on Disney Cruise Line:
- You must provide your own wheelchair or other mobility aid or arrange for the rental, delivery and pickup of that device to and from the ship on your own.
- It is strongly recommended that you sail with someone who can physically assist you when necessary. Certain activities, like using a tender boat to visit a port of call or accessing a pool require guests to transfer out of their wheelchairs.
- Due to safety regulations, wheelchairs, scooters, strollers and other personal belongings may not be stored in public passageways and must be stored inside staterooms or a designated public storage area.
Disney Cruise Line offers a number of services for Guests with hearing disabilities, including select departures where American Sign Language (ASL) interpreters can be provided. Shared ASL interpreters must be confirmed by the Disney Cruise Line Special Services Department at least 60 days prior to your sail date or interpreters cannot be provided.
Disney Cruise Line offers special equipment for Guests with disabilities. The following items are available upon request for use in any stateroom:
- Bed board
- Portable toilet
- Raised toilet seat
- Shower stool
- Transfer bench
- Stateroom Communication Kits containing door knock and phone alerts, bed shaker notification, and a strobe light smoke detector.
- A stateroom Text Typewriter (TTY) is available upon request.
A small sharps container for the disposal of needles, syringes and lancets is located in each stateroom bathroom. If you need a sharps container in your stateroom and do not see one, please tell the Crew Member who attends to your stateroom and a container will be provided. Sharps containers are also located in public restrooms.
Accommodations for guests with special needs can vary by cruise line and by ship and changes can be made at any time without notice. It is important that you advise your agent at the time of booking about any disabilities or special requirements that you may have so that your needs can be assessed accordingly.