Accessible Cruises on Oceania Cruises
Oceania Cruises for Guests with Special Needs
Guests with any medical condition(s) or special needs that may require treatment or attention or accommodation during the voyage, or needing to travel with medical apparatus, including wheelchairs, motorized scooters, oxygen therapy, etc., must advise Oceania Cruises in writing at the time of deposit. Please note some ports of call may not be suitable for guests with limited mobility and in such cases, may disallow debarkation with a wheelchair or motorized scooter or for any individual with limited mobility. Oceania Cruises will under appropriate circumstances permit its guests to use special equipment such as those noted above, which satisfy the criteria stated in the Oceania Cruises' Policy Statement.
Guests requiring a wheelchair or a scooter must either bring their own or rent them. For details on a prearranged rental program, please contact:
On board Marina and Riviera, all staterooms with the exception of the wheelchair accessible ones, have a step up into the bathroom. However, suites (Penthouse and higher) do not have the step. On board Regatta, Insignia and Nautica, all staterooms have a step up into the bathroom with the exception of category G wheelchair accessible staterooms. The number of accessible staterooms vary by ship and feature wider doors, roll-in showers, grab bars and turning spaces. The stateroom door widths range from at least 33-35 inches (varies by ship) and the bathroom door widths range from at least 32-33 inches (varies by ship). In addition there is no doorsill to get into stateroom. Other features include:
- Ramped bathroom thresholds
- Bathroom grab bars
- Lowered sink and stateroom vanity
- Roll-in showers
- Fold-down shower bench
- Hand-held showerheads
- Refrigerator in stateroom (upon request)
Public Area Accessibility
The public areas of Oceania ships also offer accommodations for guests with physical disabilities. These may vary by ship but include:
- Gangways wide enough to accommodate most wheelchairs and scooters'
- Accessible public restrooms are available
- All dining and bar venues are accessible
- Accessible showroom seating
- Accessible casino
- Lower guest relations counter
- Accessible public rooms, beauty salon, library, art & photo galleries
- Amplified phones
- Assistive listening systems in theaterAs some accessibility features may vary by ship please let your agent know about your specific needs before you book to make sure that all of your needs can be addressed.
Accommodations for guests with special needs can vary by cruise line and by ship and changes can be made at any time without notice. It is important that you advise your agent at the time of booking about any disabilities or special requirements that you may have so that your needs can be assessed accordingly.