Let Adventures by Disney show you the wonders of Alaska as only Disney can do. On this Adventures by Disney Alaska vacation you will explore Denali National Park, pan for gold and see up close some real Iditarod sled dogs. Discover some of the most spectacular vistas as you hike, bike ride and kayak with your family on this incredible Alaska vacation.
The 8 Day Alaska travel tour from Adventures by Disney is your chance to explore the Final Frontier on the ultimate Alaska family vacation. If an 'adventure' is truly what you're in search of, now is the time to book this well-rounded travel tour of Alaska.
8 Days • fr. $5,549
- The services of two Adventure Guides
- Outstanding accommodations
- Admission fees to attractions and performances
- VIP access and private events
- Most meals during trip
- Cultural experiences with local experts
- Rafting on the Nenana River
- Spencer Float Trip and Salmon Bake
- Gold Panning
- Denali National Park & Talkeetna
- Byron Glacier
- Girdwood Mining Town
- Iditarod Eexperience
- Alaska Native Heritage Center
- Uklutna Lake Bike Riding & Kayaking
- Alaska Railroad Ride
- Alsaka Wildlife Conservaation Center
- Gratuities have been taken care of on your behalf for all services included in the itinerary except for the Adventure by Disney guides. There is no need for you to worry about tipping the bellmen, housekeepers, waiters, drivers and local experts.
- The customary gratuity to the Tour Direrctor is not included. Gratuities for your Adventures Guides are not included. If you feel that your Adventure Guides have provided excellent service, we suggest the following discretionary gratuity: Per Guest/Per Adventure guide/Per Day - $9 - $11 USD.
- All items of a personal nature (room service, beverages, telephone charges, laundry, dry cleaning, special food requests, etc.) and meals not specified on the tour itinerary are not included and must be paid by the client.
- Airline excess luggage charges, vaccinations, visa fees and services, airport arrival and departure taxes, individual train and airport transfers (when applicable), and other optional or incidental extras are not included.
- All rates exclude airfare unless expressly noted.
- 7 breakfasts
- 4 lunches
- 5 dinners
- Anchorage Marriott Downtown Hotel, Anchoracge, Alaska (1 night)
- Talkeetna Alaskan Lodge in Talkeetna, Alaska (1 night)
- Grand Denali Lodge in Denali, Alaska (2 nights)
- The Hotel Alyska, in Girdwood, Alaska (3 nights)
Welcome to The Last Frontier!
Upon arrival, an Adventures by Disney representative escorts you to your transfer vehicle. Relax as the driver assists with your luggage and shuttles you to the Anchorage Marriott Downtown.
Unwind as your Adventure Guides check you into your spacious room at the modern, full-service Marriott Downtown Hotel. Ask your Adventure Guides for suggestions as you take the remainder of the day to explore Anchorage on your own. Celebrate your first night in Alaska and the beginning of your trek with a true Alaskan feast featuring fresh seafood and succulent tenderloin tips and more! Plus, try the award-winning beers while you soak up the Alaskan culture that surrounds you.
Anchorage Marriott Downtown Hotel
Alaska Native Heritage Center
Fuel up on breakfast at the hotel this morning before beginning today’s adventures.
Celebrate the rich heritage of Native Alaskan cultures at the Alaska Native Heritage Center. Learn from one of the Center’s guides about the ancient traditions of Alaska's indigenous population. View their art, discover their games and hear their wondrous stories.
As Adults tour village sites, Junior Adventurers explore them in a whole new way—with an outdoor scavenger hunt for various Native items! Meet one of Alaska's native feathered friends up close at this fascinating presentation in the park where a handler from the local rehabilitation center will introduce you to one of the majestic birds. You'll also learn about the general population of Alaska's birds and enjoy the opportunity to ask questions and take photos.
Bike Riding & Kayaking at Eklutna Lake
Take time to enjoy the great Alaskan outdoors by land and lake as you bike and kayak to your private BBQ lunch on shore. Keep an eye out for local wildlife, including bald eagles, ravens and moose! See important details
Travel to Talkeetna
Board the coach and travel to the charming village of Talkeetna. Relax as your Adventure Guides handle all the details upon check in at Talkeetna Alaskan Lodge.
Adults savor a delicious dinner at their leisure with fellow Adventurers before exploring the stunning property under the evening sun. Junior Adventurers enjoy a private dinner at the lodge. Afterward, they head outside for an active night full of entertainment with the Adventure Guides. Kids learn to spin an Eskimo yo-yo, play soccer or join any one of the other lively games experienced under the midnight sun.
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Talkeetna Alaskan Lodge
Wake up and head into town for a hearty breakfast at the Talkeetna Roadhouse. After breakfast, stroll through this small town at the edge of Denali National Park and Preserve that’s known for its outdoor sporting, natural beauty and unique local color.
Goldstar Dome Train
Goldstar Dome Train, USA
Lunch on a Scenic Alaska Railroad Goldstar Dome Train to Denali National Park. Experience the natural beauty of the Alaskan wilderness with 360 degree views from the spectacular Goldstar Dome cars! With curved glass running the full length of the car, you’ll catch all the scenic splendor while enjoying your tasty lunch.
While traveling through the Alaskan wilderness on the train, Junior Adventurers will have time to complete the Junior Ranger Activity Book for Denali National Park. Once they arrive at the Denali Visitor Center, Junior Adventurers will be sworn in as Junior Rangers.
Denali National Park, USA
From the train station, follow your Adventure Guides for a short walk to the Denali National Park Visitor Center where you can explore the exhibits and talk to the rangers about the many ways to explore the area during your free time.
Unwind as your Adventure Guides check you into the Grande Denali Lodge, perched high above the spectacular Denali Canyon and offering spectacular views. Dine at the Lodge’s Alpenglow Restaurant at your leisure, choosing from a variety of delicious entrées.
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Grande Denali Lodge
Denali National Park and Reserve
Denali National Park, USA
Start your day with a hearty breakfast and get ready for a fun-filled whitewater float!
Spend the morning navigating the Nenana River or exploring Denali National Park. Choose between one of the following:
OPTION A: Canyon Run Rafting Brave the Class III - IV rapids on this two-hour adventure on the Nenana River that will have you cruising while surrounded by the Denali National Park frontier, including the majestic Mt. Healy, which rises over 3,000 feet to the summit.
OPTION B: Scenic Wilderness Rafting Enjoy the Alaskan splendor as you drift down the river while enjoying natural wonders along the border of Denali National Park, including the wildlife that calls it home. This 2-hour rafting adventure features Class II and mild Class III rapids.
OPTION C: Denali Natural History Tour Led by a driver/naturalist, this 4-5 hour hop on/hop off tour gives you a vivid look at the history and culture of this pristine wilderness. Although no wildlife viewing is guaranteed, keep an eye out for moose, foxes and caribou. And, weather permitting, Denali itself.
Experience some of the local flavors with a delicious meal at the Denali Park Salmon Bake Restaurant, a Denali haven, known for its fresh seafood. Try the cedar plank salmon, halibut tacos or beer-battered halibut.
Spend the afternoon exploring the natural wonders of Denali on your own. Later, enjoy a dinner that reflects the local cuisine—made of fresh seafood and delicious grilled meats and vegetables. Ask your Adventure Guides to recommend the restaurant that best fits your family’s needs.
Grande Denali Lodge
Big Lake & an Iditarod Experience
Big Lake, USA
Enjoy breakfast at the hotel before boarding the coach for your trip to Big Lake, home of Happy Trails Kennels!
Upon arrival in Big Lake, experience a private lunch at a family-owned hotspot that's a favorite with the locals. Get to know the family and learn why they call Big Lake home.
As you blaze through the great frontier of Alaska, cool your tracks at Happy Trails Kennels, owned by award-winning dog musher, Martin Buser. Your visit includes an exciting sledding demonstration, plus an up-close encounter with the racing dogs and this season's litter of puppies. Learn about the history of Iditarod and the loving care the dogs receive.
Take in the sights along Turnagain Arm on this stunning drive to the grand Hotel Alyeska in the historic mining town of Girdwood. When you arrive, stretch your legs as your Adventure Guides check you into the hotel.
Find that perfect meal for your first night in Girdwood. Your Adventure Guides can suggest the perfect restaurant for you and your family, as well as help with reservations as needed.
The Hotel Alyeska
Gold Panning at Crow Creek, Spencer Glacier Float Trip & Salmon Bake
Fuel up for what will be an action-packed day around the Girdwood area.
Learn about the different types and techniques used by prospectors during the Alaska Gold Rush so you can stake your claim! Discover a truly different way of life unique to the 49th state. Then try your hand at panning for gold in Crow Creek.
Ask your Adventure Guides for some dining suggestions around town.
Spencer Lake, USA
After a short train trip to Spencer Whistle Stop, board your rafts to get up close and personal with the gorgeous glaciers of Spencer Lake, known to be one of the most scenic glacier locations in the state, before coming ashore for a delicious salmon bake.
Overnight at The Hotel Alyeska.
The Hotel Alyeska
Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center, Farewell Dinner at the Hotel
Enjoy a delicious breakfast before you begin your day of adventures.
See firsthand the conservation efforts taking place in Alaska at the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center, located on the shores of Turnagain Arm in a beautiful mountainous setting amid hanging glaciers. Explore the Center with a naturalist and get an up-close view of bears, moose and bison. Learn how all the wild animals housed here have been rescued and are in the process of being rehabilitated.
Enjoy lunch and the afternoon on your own. Visit either Byron Glacier or Girdwood. If you choose to explore Byron Glacier, get dropped off at Begich Boggs Visitor Center to learn about this beautiful glacier and its stunning ice caves and rivulets. After a quick bite at Porter Glacier Day Lodge, take a leisurely hike out to the glacier for some frosty fun. Or if you choose to head back to Girdwood, stroll leisurely down the streets of this historic gold mining town on your own and discover charming shops and friendly folks. Ask your Adventure Guides to recommend a restaurant for lunch that would be ideal for your family.
As your Alaskan vacation comes to a close, join your travel friends back at the resort for a farewell dinner. Get into the rhythm during a performance of traditional dancers and drummers as Alaska's Native heritage comes to life before your eyes!
The Hotel Alyeska
Your Alaska Tour Ends
Enjoy your last breakfast in Alaska and get ready for your flight home.
Board pre-arranged transportation to the airport and say goodbye to fellow Adventurers and to Alaska—until you return again.
- 120 days or more before departure: The per person deposit is forfeited.
- 119-90 days before departure: 50% of vacation package price per Guest
- 89-46 days before departure: 75% of vacation package price per Guest
- 45 days or less: 100% of vacation package price per Guest
- Any changes or cancellations to airline reservations made through Adventures by Disney either before or after departure are non-refundable.
- Cancellation fees may also apply to any additional services, including extra night accommodations, independently supplied services, and optional excursions reserved prior to, during, and after the tour. If flight changes, including, but not limited to, flight cancellations or name changes, are requested after full land and air deposits are received, revision fees, change fees, or airline cancellation fees will apply.
- All cancellations must be received in writing prior to tour departure. The cancellation policy will apply according to the date that the cancellation notification is received. The MINIMUM cancellation penalty is the deposit amount.
- The purchase to trip cancellation insurance is strongly recommended.
Terms and Conditions
- Land only “from price” is per person based on two people sharing a room together and does not include airfare unless expressly stated.
- All prices are in US Dollars.
- A deposit is required to confirm a reservation, unless the reservation is made on or after the final payment date (as defined below) for the vacation package, in which case full payment is required. The deposit amount will be equal to ten percent (10%) of the vacation package price per Guest (the “Deposit”), not including any optional add-ons. Payment of the deposit indicates you have read and accepted all Terms & Conditions. Your booking is not confirmed until the deposit payment is processed and you receive a confirmation invoice.
- Final payment is due 120 days prior to departure. Within the final payment date, payment in full is required at time of booking to reserve space. Reservations are canceled if final payment is not received by the due date.