A tour to Germany with Adventures by Disney will show you its quaint villages, modern cities, cultures, customs and its vibrant history. Trip highlights include castle tours, bike tours, culinary tours museums and historical places.
The 9 Day Germany travel tour from Adventures by Disney will take you to the heart of Germany past, present and future. Bring some magic to this storied land, with roots in the WWII conflict and beyond, by injecting the Disney experience into the cultural world that you and your family are about to inhabit. There's nothing quite like a well-rounded Germany tour and this Adventures by Disney travel tour will bring all that in more to your family vacation.
9 Days • fr. $5,199
Tour Highlights & Offers
- The services of two Adventure Guides
- Outstanding accommodations
- Admission fees to attractions and performances
- VIP access and private events
- Most meals during trip
- Cultural experiences with local experts
- Neuschwanstein Castle Tour
- Rothenburg Exploration
- Ritter Sport Chocolate Experience
- Pretzel-making workshop
- Nuremberg Culinary Tour
- Munich Brewery Visit & Beer Tasting
- Berlin Wall Bike Tour
- Berlin's Museum Island
- Berlin's Street Art & Graffiti Workshop
- Medieval Costume Dress-up & Photo Session
- Munich Walking Tour
- Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial Site
- Traditional German Fare Tastings
- Gratuities have been taken care of on your behalf for all services included in the itinerary except for the Adventure by Disney guides. There is no need for you to worry about tipping the bellmen, housekeepers, waiters, drivers and local experts.
- The customary gratuity to the Tour Direrctor is not included. Gratuities for your Adventures Guides are not included. If you feel that your Adventure Guides have provided excellent service, we suggest the following discretionary gratuity: Per Guest/Per Adventure guide/Per Day - $9 - $11 USD.
- All items of a personal nature (room service, beverages, telephone charges, laundry, dry cleaning, special food requests, etc.) and meals not specified on the tour itinerary are not included and must be paid by the client.
- Airline excess luggage charges, vaccinations, visa fees and services, airport arrival and departure taxes, individual train and airport transfers (when applicable), and other optional or incidental extras are not included.
- All rates exclude airfare unless expressly noted.
- 8 breakfasts
- 3 lunches
- 5 dinners
- Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten Kempinski Hotel in Munich, Germany (3 nights)
- Hotel Eisenhut in Rothenburg, Germany (2 night)
- The Regent Berlin Hotel in Berlin, Germany (3 nights)
Arrive in Munich, Walking Tour of Munich, Welcome Dinner at Ratskeller
Willkommen! After you arrive in Munich and exit baggage claim, an Adventures by Disney representative meets you in the main terminal and directs you to your transfer vehicle. Relax as a driver assists with your luggage and escorts you to the Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten Kempinski München.
Explore the beautiful, cosmopolitan capital of Bavaria on a walking tour with a local expert. Learn about the astounding architecture, art and history in Munich’s palaces, gardens and museums.
Say Guten Abend to your fellow Adventurers during the welcome dinner at Ratskeller, a festive, Bavarian-style restaurant that serves up delicious, traditional German fare.
Hotel VierJahreszeiten Kempinski München
Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial Site (Optional) OR BMW Museum
Wake up to a tasty breakfast before beginning your day of discovery.
Guests will have a privately guided experience at the Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial Site plus time for an optional 22-minute documentary at the Memorial Site on the grounds of this former concentration camp. Guests will also have some time on their own for this powerful and solemn experience. Please note: This activity is optional and has an age requirement of 14 years old and up.
Those who prefer not to visit Dachau can instead visit the BMW Museum. Here you can learn about the fascinating history of the BMW automobile at this museum dedicated to the German automaker.
Visit one of Munich's renowned breweries where you will partake in a hearty lunch while enjoying a local beer in the company of your fellow Adventurers.
Explore the Bavarian capital on your own, home to centuries-old buildings and many museums. You’ll see famed sites like the Altstadt (Old Town), central Marienplatz square and the Neo-Gothic Neues Rathaus (town hall) which has the popular glockenspiel show that chimes and reenacts stories from the 16th century. For dinner, sample some traditional Bavarian fare at any of the many outstanding restaurants in town. Be sure to ask your Adventure Guides for a recommendation that your family will enjoy.
Hotel VierJahreszeiten Kempinski München
Neuschwanstein Castle, Dinner at Hofbrauhaus
Fuel up with a good breakfast before heading out on your day of adventure.
Neuschwanstein Castle, Germany
After breakfast, board a motor coach and begin your journey to Neuschwanstein. Take a mini-bus up to the castle where you will have time for some exploration of the idyllic grounds that surround the "castle of the fairy-tale king." Guests will then get a tour by a certified local expert who will take you throughout this 19th-century masterpiece. Board a horse-drawn carriage that will take you from the castle down into town for a lovely lunch on your own. Be sure to ask your Adventure Guides or local expert for a restaurant recommendation. After lunch, board a motor coach and head out for your journey back to Munich.
Raise a stein as you soak up the atmosphere of the Hofbrauhaus, the world-famous and historic beer hall and restaurant. You’ll partake in a meal of classic and delicious Bavarian fare, all the while enjoying a true experience of the Bavarian way of life – through its heart and hospitality.
Hotel VierJahreszeiten Kempinski München
Nuremberg Courthouse Visit, Night Walk with the Night Watchman
Fuel up on a tasty breakfast for an active day ahead.
See the historically significant Nuremberg Courthouse in Room 600 – where the Nuremberg trials were held. Please note: This activity is contingent upon availability as it is a working courthouse.
Take to the quaint cobblestone streets of this historic city where you’ll enjoy a Culinary Tour where you can taste items relevant to Nuremberg’s history, including spices, teas, gingerbread and fresh pretzels with butter. The tour culminates with some heavier samplings of meat, sausage and potatoes.
Travel by motor coach to another picturesque town. A northern Bavarian village, Rothenburg contains an Old Town featuring half-timbered houses standing along cobblestone roads that make it seem straight out of a fairy tale. In fact, it was the inspiration for Pinocchio’s village in the 1940 Disney animated classic Pinocchio!
Check-In at the Hotel Eisenhut in Rothenberg and explore this first-class hotel that offers spectacular views of the romantic Tauber Valley as your Adventure Guides check you in. The Hotel Eisenhut is composed of 4 16th-century mansions that were once the homes of Rothenburg's wealthiest families. It is centrally located near Rothenburg Town Hall and close to some delightful Christmas shops and a doll and toy museum.
Enjoy dinner on your own in Rothenburg and choose between casual and fine dining in beer gardens, cafes, inns and romantic restaurants. Enjoy German specialties including sausages, sauerkraut, local beer and wine from the vineyards near Rothenburg's Tauber River—or choose an establishment that offers an international menu. Ask your Adventure Guide to recommend the restaurant that best fits your family’s needs!
Explore Rothenberg on a night walk with the Night Watchman. On this twilight tour, see Rothenburg in a whole new light! Follow a costumed Night Watchman as he leads you by the light of a lantern down the town's ancient cobblestone lanes and regales you with fantastical tales of the region.
German Pretzel-Making Workshop, Medieval Costume Dress-Up & Photo Op
Prepare for your adventures to come with a hearty breakfast. Next, for fun with a twist, learn to make pretzels from the chef at the Striffler Bakery—the city's oldest bakery, famous for making pretzels since 1644!
On your own, discover more about this fairy tale town, famous for its medieval architecture, colorful shops and half-timbered houses. Look for glasses, Christmas ornaments and beautiful artwork here, one of Germany’s best places for shopping. Enjoy lunch on your own.
Try on costumes and pose for pictures in a local medieval shop. Dress up as knights, kings, queens and princesses—and create your own history with a photo sessions in this historical spot!
Take in the charming ambiance of Hotel Eisenhut’s gourmet restaurant and enjoy a fine dinner of authentic German cuisine.
Train Ride to Berlin with a Stop in Bamberg
Enjoy a tasty breakfast and get ready for a day of discovery and make-believe!
Set off by motor coach to begin your journey to the capital city of Berlin. On the way, stop in Bamberg to take in the sites and have a nice lunch.
Discover on your own the history and charm of Bamberg, a northern Bavarian town and UNESCO World Heritage Site. Find a new favorite restaurant or café as you enjoy lunch on your own, or ask your Adventure Guides to recommend something for your family.
Climb aboard the train that will take you on a scenic journey from Bamberg to the wonderful city of Berlin, a city that was once divided, and is now renowned for both its history as well as its modernity, which is evident in the stunning architecture and vibrant art scene that is all around. Today, the capital is home to respected universities, museums, entertainment venues and its love of sports.
Enjoy a hearty dinner with your fellow Adventurers in the centrally located Mitte borough of the capital city, which is a short distance to your hotel.
Regent Berlin Hotel
Berlin Walking Tour, Street Art Tour & Graffiti Workshop, Ritter Sport Chocolate Experience
Begin your day with a hearty breakfast and get ready for an exciting day exploring Germany’s capital city. Then join your Adventure Guide and set out on a walking tour of the eastern part of this stunning city. Sites that you will see include the Reichstag Building, Brandenburg Gate, Holocaust Memorial, Checkpoint Charlie and Alexanderplatz.
Grab a quick lunch at Dom Curry and try currywurst, the quintessential Berlin specialty, at this outdoor eatery.
Get an introduction to Berlin’s vibrant history of street art at Gendarmenmarkt by a local street art guide. Check out some examples throughout the city as you pass the districts of Kreuzberg and Friedrichhain. The tour will end at Humboldthain Music Club for a Graffiti workshop where Adventurers will utilize stencils to create your own graffiti on canvas.
There’s a whole lot of chocolate for everyone! Led by a Ritter Sport chocolate expert, Junior Adventurers will create their own unique Ritter Sport chocolates personalized from taste to wrapping in a private workshop just for them. Meanwhile, Adults partake in their own mini chocolate activity which will allow them to browse the Ritter Sport shop, grab a coffee in the café, or take a short walk into town.
Enjoy dinner on your own in Berlin. Choose from an array of delicious local options in this city filled with restaurants of every variety. Whether you’re looking for international cuisine, German specialties or traditional American fare, you are sure to find an unforgettable meal for your entire family.
Regent Berlin Hotel
Berlin Wall Bike Tour, Farewell Dinner at Clarchens Ballhaus
Enjoy a delicious breakfast before you begin your day of magical discovery. After breakfast pedal through history as you ride past the structure that was a symbol of the Cold War that divided the country in half. You’ll learn about this amazing time in world history as you bike through both the Berlin of yesterday and today.
Walk through this magic city and find a tasty spot to grab some lunch on your own. then discover the beauty, history and magic of this capital city that embraces both the Old World and modern times. Adventurers can also check out Museum Island, a UNESCO World Heritage Site in Berlin’s Mitte district, that is home to several world-class museums. Note: A Museum Island Pass is included.
Gather with your fellow Adventurers at Clärchens Ballhaus, an authentic 19th-century ball room that is home to a vibrant dance and live music scene. Enjoy a superb feast while sharing memories of this extraordinary trip and bidding farewell to your newfound friends.
Regent Berlin Hotel
Transfer to Berlin Tegel Airport
Enjoy one last breakfast in Berlin and fuel up for the trip ahead. Board pre-arranged transportation to the Berlin Tegel Airport and say auf wiedersehen—until you return again!
- 120 days or more before departure: The per person deposit is forfeited.
- 119-90 days before departure: 50% of vacation package price per Guest
- 89-46 days before departure: 75% of vacation package price per Guest
- 45 days or less: 100% of vacation package price per Guest
- Any changes or cancellations to airline reservations made through Adventures by Disney either before or after departure are non-refundable.
- Cancellation fees may also apply to any additional services, including extra night accommodations, independently supplied services, and optional excursions reserved prior to, during, and after the tour. If flight changes, including, but not limited to, flight cancellations or name changes, are requested after full land and air deposits are received, revision fees, change fees, or airline cancellation fees will apply.
- All cancellations must be received in writing prior to tour departure. The cancellation policy will apply according to the date that the cancellation notification is received. The MINIMUM cancellation penalty is the deposit amount.
- The purchase to trip cancellation insurance is strongly recommended.
Terms and Conditions
- Land only “from price” is per person based on two people sharing a room together and does not include airfare unless expressly stated.
- All prices are in US Dollars.
- A deposit is required to confirm a reservation, unless the reservation is made on or after the final payment date (as defined below) for the vacation package, in which case full payment is required. The deposit amount will be equal to ten percent (10%) of the vacation package price per Guest (the “Deposit”), not including any optional add-ons. Payment of the deposit indicates you have read and accepted all Terms & Conditions. Your booking is not confirmed until the deposit payment is processed and you receive a confirmation invoice.
- Final payment is due 120 days prior to departure. Within the final payment date, payment in full is required at time of booking to reserve space. Reservations are canceled if final payment is not received by the due date.