Norway welcomes you with its beautiful scenery, and stunning fjords, mountain landscapes. Your 8 day tour allows you to explore all of this plus learn all about the local culture and customs that makes Norway so inviting.
The 8 Day Norway travel tour from Adventures by Disney is a fantastic way for the whole family to learn to love what Northern European travel is all about. The fjords, the mountains, it all adds to the beauty of this largely untouched landscape that has been at the center of historic growth and culinary exploration of this entire region. There's only one way to make the most of your adventure here; Adventures by Disney has you covered.
8 Days • fr. $4,679
Tour Highlights & Offers
- The services of two Adventure Guides
- Outstanding accommodations
- Admission fees to attractions and performances
- VIP access and private events
- Most meals during trip
- Cultural experiences with local experts
- Bergen Exploration
- Fjord Safari
- Undredal Stave Church
- Geirangerfjord Visit
- Norwegian Folk Dancing
- Voss River Rafting
- Kjenndalsbreen Glacier Bike Ride
- Borgund Stave Church
- Traditional Kjenndal Valley Meal
- Flaam Culture Walk
- Storseterfossen Waterfall Hike
- Loen Lake Trout Fishing
- Westeras Farm
- Gratuities have been taken care of on your behalf for all services included in the itinerary except for the Adventure by Disney guides. There is no need for you to worry about tipping the bellmen, housekeepers, waiters, drivers and local experts.
- The customary gratuity to the Tour Direrctor is not included. Gratuities for your Adventures Guides are not included. If you feel that your Adventure Guides have provided excellent service, we suggest the following discretionary gratuity: Per Guest/Per Adventure guide/Per Day - $9 - $11 USD.
- All items of a personal nature (room service, beverages, telephone charges, laundry, dry cleaning, special food requests, etc.) and meals not specified on the tour itinerary are not included and must be paid by the client.
- Airline excess luggage charges, vaccinations, visa fees and services, airport arrival and departure taxes, individual train and airport transfers (when applicable), and other optional or incidental extras are not included.
- All rates exclude airfare unless expressly noted.
- 7 breakfasts
- 5 lunches
- 5 dinners
- Radisson Blu Royal Hotel in Bergen, Norway (1 night)
- Fretheim Hotel in Flåm, Norway (2 nights)
- Hotel Union in Geiranger, Norway (3 nights)
- Hotel Continental Oslo in Oslo, Norway (1 night)
Arrive in Bergen, Welcome Dinner at the Hotel
Velkommen til Norge! Once you arrive at Bergen airport and exit customs and the baggage claim area, an Adventures by Disney representative welcomes you and assists you with your luggage before you are driven to the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel in Bergen.
As your Adventure Guides check you in to the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, explore this modern hotel that sits in the heart of the historic Bryggen area, a UNESCO World Heritage Site that exemplifies Old-World charm.
Join your fellow Adventurers for a delicious welcome dinner at the hotel. Feel the excitement build as your Adventure Guides set the stage for the adventures that await you and your family—inspired by the Disney movie Frozen.
Radisson Blu Royal Hotel
River Rafting in Voss
Fuel up with a tasty breakfast at the hotel before departing for a day of adventure in Voss, known as “the adventure capital of Norway.”
Experience true serenity as you and your family glide along one of the area's rivers that offer stunning vistas of the region's mountains on a river rafting expedition in Voss. Enjoy a post-rafting lunch at the Voss Rafting Center's grass-roofed cabin. Satisfy your appetite and prepare for your ride to Flåm.
As your Adventures Guides check you in to the Fretheim Hotel in Flåm, explore this historic hotel with views of dramatic fjords. This graceful lodging with charming accommodations was once a local farm estate—and now is a newly renovated hotel, with vibrant colors inspired by the national costumes of Norway.
Enjoy a private barbecue dinner with a mouth-watering meal at the grill of this welcoming hotel.
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Fjord Safari on RIB Boat, Undredal Stave Church, Cultural Walk in Flåm
Enjoy a filling breakfast before you begin your day then embark on an aquatic odyssey that will take you and your family on both a boat adventure and a cultural exploration. Ride a Rigid Inflatable Boat (RIB) into the nooks and crannies of the fjord. Discover villages along the way where you can experience Norwegian culture and enjoy the tales of local storytellers. And be sure to keep an eye out for trolls!
Visit the smallest stave church in the world! Be hosted by a local expert who will tell you the history of this mid-12th-century, 40-seat church. After the visit to the church enjoy lunch at a Local Café. Regale in tales of trolls and Norwegian legends from a local storyteller as you enjoy lunch at a quaint café. Also, get a lesson in cheese-making traditions and methods, followed by a tasting of some regional favorites!
Hop back on your RIB Boat and continue your journey along the scenic fjord amid stunning surroundings. Keep your eyes peeled…While sightings are rare, you may see a seal or a dolphin frolicking in the calm waters of the famed UNESCO World Heritage Site called Naeroyfjord. Your local expert will also point out an ancient Viking burial site.
After returning to Flåm enjoy the local flavors as you dine on your own. Discuss your day's adventures with family and newfound friends. Be sure to get some dining recommendations from your Adventure Guides. If you would like to take an evening walk, meet behind the hotel and head out on foot for a delightful, nighttime walking tour of local Flåm culture.
Borgund Stave Church in Lærdal
Enjoy breakfast at the hotel before departing for your next destination—the famed Borgund Stave Church.
Arrive in Laerdal and explore the remarkably well preserved Borgund Stave Church, built around 1180 A.D. Considered one of Norway’s iconic structures, a stave church is a medieval wooden church built around 4 central upright logs with vertical planks for its walls. With beautifully carved portals and 4 carved dragon heads on the roof peaks, it’s a sight to behold. The Borgund Stave Church may look familiar—it along with other stave churches provided architectural inspiration to the filmmakers of the classic Disney film Frozen.
En route to Geiranger, delight in a delectable Norwegian lunch at a local restaurant surrounded by the Sognefjord and glaciers. Enjoy gorgeous landscapes dotted with pastoral farmland as you travel to Geiranger, the location of some of the most spectacular scenery in the world. The Geirangerfjord area—a UNESCO World Heritage Site—is a popular destination and home to the majestic Seven Sisters Waterfall which overlooks Geirangerfjord.
As your Adventure Guides check you in to the Hotel Union, explore this historic, family-run hotel on the hill above Geiranger that offers breathtaking views of the Geirangerfjord and superb amenities including indoor and outdoor swimming pools, Turkish baths, gardens and more. Please note: Turkish baths require an additional cost.
Adults can savor a sampling of local flavors in the hotel's main dining room and share stories with fellow Adventurers. Junior Adventurers can dine in a private setting in the hotel's "car garage," a museum that showcases an impressive collection of car-related treasures and whimsical memorabilia. Afterward, they can enjoy a troll-making activity and karaoke sing-along!
Westerås Farm, Walk to Fjord Viewpoint, Hike to Storseterfossen Waterfall
Get your day off to a good start with a delightful breakfast. Then take a refreshing hike up the hills and down into the dales around Westeras Farm. Experience some of the day-to-day rituals of life on this quaint farm. Listen to a Norwegian family’s stories about the farming culture. And spend some quality time with the farm's animals, including goats and llamas!
With a local farmer as your guide, walk from Westeras Farm to enjoy stunning views of Geirangerfjord, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Afterwards satisfy your appetite with some wonderful home-style cooking that features local ingredients and flavors.
Take to the trails again (optional)—this time on a hike from the farm up to the glorious Storseterfossen Waterfall for a magnificent view of this natural wonder. Please note: This activity is dependent on weather conditions.
Choose how to spend your afternoon on your own. Visit the Norwegian Fjord Center to gain some insight about the people and culture of the Geiranger region. Or go kayaking, enjoy the services at the hotel including a spa treatment or simply curl up with a book by the pool and relax. Please note: Some of these activities are available at an additional cost.
Enjoy dinner on your own in Geiranger. Dine on delicious traditional food at a cozy café or enjoy a more sophisticated dining experience at the hotel. Be sure to get a dining recommendation from your Adventure Guides.
Net Fishing or Rowboating on Lake Loen, Bike Ride to Kjenndalsbreen Glacier
Start your day with a delicious breakfast and then head for Lake Loen.
Lake Loen, Norway
Spend some relaxing time on Lake Loen either fishing for rainbow trout or just rowing across the serene, crystal-clear waters for a lazy morning with some of the most gorgeous vistas in the world.
Journey into the peaceful Kjenndal Valley and enjoy a meal of traditional Norwegian food at this family-owned café. Choose from a menu that includes local fare like fresh trout or a gourmet burger. After lunch take 45-minute bike ride to a nearby glacier, Kjenndalsbreen, along some of the most beautiful scenery in Kjenndalstova.
Sit down for a Norwegian-style barbecue dinner in the hotel's grass-roofed, traditional cabin. Adventurers can watch as the chefs prepare their delicious, mouth-watering meal.
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Travel to Oslo, Farewell Dinner & Folk Dancing at the Hotel
Enjoy a delicious breakfast at the hotel before you catch the train to Oslo.
Train to Oslo, Norway
Travel by motor coach from Geiranger to Otta and board the train that will take you to the vibrant and sophisticated Norwegian capital of Oslo. Enjoy lunch on your own aboard the train while traveling through the scenic Norwegian countryside.
Celebrate the culmination of an amazing family adventure with new friends and fellow Adventurers at this farewell dinner in a private room at the Hotel Continental Oslo. Delight in entertainment by authentic folk dancers—and discover some of this nation's rich culture and history.
Hotel Continental Oslo
Transfer to Oslo Airport, Gardermoen
Wake up to a hearty breakfast at the hotel and get ready for your flight home. Get assistance with your luggage and enjoy pre-arranged transportation to the airport. Then it’s time to say "farvel" to Norway—until you return again!
- 120 days or more before departure: The per person deposit is forfeited.
- 119-90 days before departure: 50% of vacation package price per Guest
- 89-46 days before departure: 75% of vacation package price per Guest
- 45 days or less: 100% of vacation package price per Guest
- Any changes or cancellations to airline reservations made through Adventures by Disney either before or after departure are non-refundable.
- Cancellation fees may also apply to any additional services, including extra night accommodations, independently supplied services, and optional excursions reserved prior to, during, and after the tour. If flight changes, including, but not limited to, flight cancellations or name changes, are requested after full land and air deposits are received, revision fees, change fees, or airline cancellation fees will apply.
- All cancellations must be received in writing prior to tour departure. The cancellation policy will apply according to the date that the cancellation notification is received. The MINIMUM cancellation penalty is the deposit amount.
- The purchase to trip cancellation insurance is strongly recommended.
Terms and Conditions
- Land only “from price” is per person based on two people sharing a room together and does not include airfare unless expressly stated.
- All prices are in US Dollars.
- A deposit is required to confirm a reservation, unless the reservation is made on or after the final payment date (as defined below) for the vacation package, in which case full payment is required. The deposit amount will be equal to ten percent (10%) of the vacation package price per Guest (the “Deposit”), not including any optional add-ons. Payment of the deposit indicates you have read and accepted all Terms & Conditions. Your booking is not confirmed until the deposit payment is processed and you receive a confirmation invoice.
- Final payment is due 120 days prior to departure. Within the final payment date, payment in full is required at time of booking to reserve space. Reservations are canceled if final payment is not received by the due date.