Great British Cities
Explore Britain’s greatest cities of London, Edinburgh and York for an in depth view of Britain’s history and culture. In addition, get local flavor as you stroll through the smaller villages and towns of St. Andrews and Stratford-upon-Avon, Shakespeare’s birthplace. Visit castles and take a steam locomotive ride through Yorkshire and enjoy the beautiful scenery.
The 9 day Great British Cities tour from CIE Tours delivers on the promise to bring these amazing British cities to life. Watch locations go from the pages of your high school history books to the land beneath your feet as you make your way from London up the coast of the United Kingdom. Along the way you'll stay in some of the best hotels in all of Europe as you embark on your 9 day Great British Cities tour from CIE Tours.
9 Days • fr. $2,569
- Castle Howard
- Edinburgh Castle
- Glamis Castle
- North Yorkshire Moors Railway vintage train ride
- Shakespeare’s Birthplace
- St Andrews - Home of Golf
- Tower of London & Crown Jewels
- York Minster
- Step back in time when you visit a North Yorkshire Moors Railway Station -- each station represents a different steam era. See Yorkshire’s amazing scenery as you travel by vintage locomotive.
- Visit Abbotsford, the former home of Sir Walter Scott, located in the Scottish Borders.
- Expect an unforgettable evening of music, ceremony, theater and dance at the Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo on August 5 to 19 departures.
- Handling of one piece of luggage per person is included in the cost of all coach tours. Size should not exceed 30 x 20 x 10 inches and weight should be under 50 lbs. Luggage is carried at owner's risk throughout the tour unless insured.
- Tips for personal services and to tour directors and drivers are not included in tour cost and left to your discretion.
- All items of a personal nature (room service, beverages, telephone charges, laundry, special food requests, etc.) and meals not specified on the tour itinerary are not included and must be paid by the client.
- All rates exclude airfare unless expressly noted.
- Full daily breakfasts (except Day 1)
- 4 dinners including a Scottish evening in Edinburgh, a cozy tavern dinner in Edinburgh, and dinner at an historic pub in York.
- Norton House Hotel & Spa in Edinburgh (3 nights)
- York Marriott in York (2 nights)
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London in Victoria, London (3 nights)
- 70 days or more prior to departure: Forfeiture of deposit
- 69 - 46 days prior to departure: 25% per person
- 45 - 8 days prior to departure: 35% per person
- 7 - 1 days prior to departure: 50% per person
- On day of departure: 100% per person
- All cancellations must be received in writing prior to tour departure. The cancellation policy will apply according to the date that the cancellation notification is received. The MINIMUM cancellation penalty is the deposit amount.
- The purchase to trip cancellation insurance is strongly recommended.
Terms and Conditions
- Land only “from price” is per person based on two people sharing a room together.
- All prices are in US Dollars.
- A non-refundable land deposit of $250 per person is required for coach tours. Deposits are required within 5 days of making the reservation. Early booking discounts require higher deposits.
- The final payment must be made by credit card no later than 80 days prior to departure date. If payment is not received as scheduled, the reservation will automatically cancel and deposit payment become forfeit.
- Once confirmed any revision to land tours will incur a $50 handling fee per booking. If clients cancel from one tour and rebook on another tour or another date, a cancellation fee may apply. Revisions are not permitted within 14 days of departure or once documents have been issued.
- Documents will be shipped by U.P.S. ground service approximately 21 days prior to departure provided full payment has been received. If documents are required earlier, sufficient notice id required to arrange for early delivery by regular service. Late bookings will incur an express service delivery charge.