Visit classic Ireland on this Irish adventure. Take a cruise on Killary Fjord, visit St. Patrick’s Burial Place, see Titanic Belfast and enjoy a Bunratty Castle Banquet. View the stunning landscapes and visit the towns of Dublin, Belfast, Derry, Westport, Bunratty, Killarney and Waterford.
The 13 day Irish Classic tour from CIE tours is an excellent tour for those who haven't yet been to Ireland and want a comprehensive tour spotlighting everything that makes this country great. From the food to the pubs and, of course, the people of Ireland, you'll gain a connection to this special place as you visit some of the most amazing destinations from north to south. Book your 13 day Irish Classic tour from CIE Tours now and embark on the travel tour of a lifetime.
13 Days • fr. $2,999
- Blarney Castle
- Cliffs of Moher
- Crumlin Road Gaol
- Donegal Castle
- Down Cathedral
- Dunbrody Emigrant Ship
- Giant's Causeway
- Titanic Belfast
- Westport House
- Handling of one piece of luggage per person is included in the cost of all coach tours. Size should not exceed 30 x 20 x 10 inches and weight should be under 50 lbs. Luggage is carried at owner's risk throughout the tour unless insured.
- Tips for personal services and to tour directors and drivers are not included in tour cost and left to your discretion.
- All items of a personal nature (room service, beverages, telephone charges, laundry, special food requests, etc.) and meals not specified on the tour itinerary are not included and must be paid by the client.
- All rates exclude airfare unless expressly noted.
- Full daily breakfasts (except Day 1)
- Eight dinners including a festive medieval castle banquet, and dinner with traditional entertainment at Taylors Three Rock Pub.
- City North Hotel in Dublin (1 night)
- Hilton Belfast Hotel in Belfast (2 nights)
- City Hotel in Derry (1 night)
- Hotel Westport in Westport (2 nights)
- Bunratty Castle Hotel in Bunratty (1 night)
- Killarney Plaza Hotel in Killarney (2 nights)
- Granville Hotel in Waterford (1 night)
- Royal Marine Hotel in Dun Laoghaire, Dublin (2 night)
Dublin Arrival & Dublin Castle
Tour begins 2:00 PM at your hotel in County Meath, near Dublin airport. Tour Dublin to see elegant Georgian townhouses, pass St. Stephen’s Green and Trinity College, and cross the River Liffey to drive along O’Connell Street. Take a guided tour through Dublin Castle, the seat of power and government for many centuries and visit the renowned State Apartments. Enjoy a welcome drink with your group and before dinner.
City North Hotel in Meath
St. Patrick’s Grave & Crumlin Road Gaol
Downpatrick, United Kingdom
Visit Down Cathedral where St. Patrick’s historical burial site is marked by a huge boulder. Immerse yourself in his work, life, and times in the nearby St. Patrick Centre. Explore Crumlin Road Gaol and see what prison life was like through the ages.
Belfast, United Kingdom
Head to central Belfast for some time to relax before dinner at your hotel.
Hilton Belfast Hotel
Titanic Belfast & Walking Tour
Belfast, United Kingdom
Tour central Belfast to see Victorian buildings, the imposing City Hall in Donegall Square, and the shipyards where RMS Titanic was built in 1912. Visit Titanic Belfast to learn about this ill-fated liner. In the afternoon, join a local guide for a walking tour of Belfast before spending time on your own.
Hilton Belfast Hotel
Giant’s Causeway & Derry Walk
Bushmills, United Kingdom
Drive north along the Nine Glens of Antrim for views of mountains, valleys, and coastline. This scenic region is one of the locations for “Game of Thrones.” Explore the Giant’s Causeway, enormous hexagonal columns formed by volcanic activity 60 million years ago.
Londonderry, United Kingdom
Stop for photos at the ruins of Dunluce Castle, and in Derry join a local guide for a short walking tour around the defensive walls that encircle the compact old city.
Donegal & Westport
Travel through the rugged countryside of Donegal, renowned for heathery hills, sheep, and the many tweeds made from their wool.Stop at the Slieve League, a stunning expanse of cliffs that are among the highest in Ireland.. Drive around Donegal Bay and through Counties Sligo and Mayo.
Head to Westport for a gentle walking tour of this historic town.
Sheep Herding & Westport House
Killary Harbour, Ireland
Enjoy views of the pilgrimage mountain of Croaghpatrick and stop in the beautiful town of Leenane. Head to a local farm to watch skilled dogs herding sheep. View Killary Harbour, Ireland’s only fjord.
Enjoy a drink before taking a guided tour of Westport House, an 18th-century home complete with its original contents including portraits, furniture, silver, and porcelain. Enjoy dinner in Westport House.
Galway & Cliffs of Moher
Travel to Galway for some free time to explore the city.
Cliffs of Moher, Ireland
Head out to see the majestic Cliffs of Moher, which soar 700 feet above the Atlantic.
Enjoy an evening at Knappogue Castle for a medieval-style banquet. Overnight at the Bunratty Castle Hotel.
Bunratty Castle Hotel
Literary Tea with Scones & Dingle Peninsula
Travel the outskirts of Limerick and along the River Shannon into County Kerry. Sample tea and scones in a pub associated with the writer, J. B. Keane.
Journey along the Dingle Peninsula to Slea Head for glorious scenic views of hills and coastline. Stop in Dingle for refreshment or a look around before heading to Killarney.
Overnight in Killarney.
Killarney Plaza Hotel
Killarney’s Lakes & Jaunting Car Ride
Enjoy a scenic traditional horse-drawn jaunting car ride for views of Lough Leane, Killarney’s largest lake.
Head to Kenmare for a look around and a casual lunch.
Ring of Kerry, Ireland
Travel along part of the Ring of Kerry to view spectacular mountain scenery at Moll’s Gap and at Ladies View.
Return to Killarney where the evening is free for independent dining and perhaps a visit to a local pub with live music.
Killarney Plaza Hotel
Blarney Castle & Traditional Music
Visit Blarney Castle to kiss the famous “Stone of Eloquence” or stroll the lovely gardens. Treat yourself to Irish goods at the Blarney Woollen Mills.
In Dungarvan, enjoy an Irish coffee and traditional music at the Marine Bar.
Continue to Waterford where a local guide will lead a stroll around the historic old port city.
Waterford & Dunbrody’s Famine Ship
Witness the creation of crystal masterpieces at the House of Waterford Crystal.
New Ross, Ireland
In New Ross explore the Dunbrody Famine Ship which transported people to North America during the 1840’s Famine.
In Dublin, enjoy dinner at Taylor’s Three Rock Pub with traditional Irish songs and step-dancing.
Royal Marine Hotel
Spend the day in Dublin with an independent Dublin open-top bus tour (valid for 48 hours), plus a visit to either Guinness Storehouse, Teeling Distillery, EPIC The Irish Emigration Museum or the General Post Office Museum. Enjoy dinner on your own at one of Dublin’s many pubs or restaurants.
Royal Marine Hotel
Tour Ends In Dublin
Your program ends after breakfast.
- 70 days or more prior to departure: Forfeiture of deposit
- 69 - 46 days prior to departure: 25% per person
- 45 - 8 days prior to departure: 35% per person
- 7 - 1 days prior to departure: 50% per person
- On day of departure: 100% per person
- All cancellations must be received in writing prior to tour departure. The cancellation policy will apply according to the date that the cancellation notification is received. The MINIMUM cancellation penalty is the deposit amount.
- The purchase to trip cancellation insurance is strongly recommended.
Terms and Conditions
- Land only “from price” is per person based on two people sharing a room together.
- All prices are in US Dollars.
- A non-refundable land deposit of $250 per person is required for coach tours. Deposits are required within 5 days of making the reservation. Early booking discounts require higher deposits.
- The final payment must be made by credit card no later than 80 days prior to departure date. If payment is not received as scheduled, the reservation will automatically cancel and deposit payment become forfeit.
- Once confirmed any revision to land tours will incur a $50 handling fee per booking. If clients cancel from one tour and rebook on another tour or another date, a cancellation fee may apply. Revisions are not permitted within 14 days of departure or once documents have been issued.
- Documents will be shipped by U.P.S. ground service approximately 21 days prior to departure provided full payment has been received. If documents are required earlier, sufficient notice id required to arrange for early delivery by regular service. Late bookings will incur an express service delivery charge.