Irish Heritage & Dromoland Castle
This tour is perfect for first-time Irish visitors. Arrive into Shannon, overnight in Limerick and explore King John’s Castle. Discover the south coast to Killarney, Blarney, Cobh, Waterford and Dublin. Finish in Dublin or extend your stay at the world-famous luxury Dromoland Castle Hotel.
The 8 day Irish Heritage and Dromoland Castle tour from CIE Tours whisks you through the history that makes Ireland such a desirable place to visit. Discover your roots or simply dive in to the stories and people that made Ireland what it is today. There's nothing quite like the castles, like Dromoland Castle, that you'll see along the way. Make some amazing memories now by booking the 8 day Irish Heritage and Dromoland Castle tour from CIE Tours now.
8 Days • fr. $2,349
- Cliffs of Moher
- Cobh Heritage Center
- Glasnevin Cemetery Museum
- House of Waterford Crystal
- King John's Castle
- Blarney Castle
- Skellig Experience
- Tips for personal services and to tour directors and drivers are not included in tour cost and left to your discretion.
- All items of a personal nature (room service, beverages, telephone charges, laundry, special food requests, etc.) and meals not specified on the tour itinerary are not included and must be paid by the client.
- All rates exclude airfare unless expressly noted.
- Full daily breakfasts (except Day 1)
- 6 dinners including a lively medieval castle banquet, Rozzers Restaurant at The Killeen House in Killarney, dinner and traditional show at Merry Ploughboy Pub.
- Delicious farewell dinner at Dromoland Castle.
- Limerick Strand Hotel in Limerick (1 night)
- The Brehon Hotel in Killarney (2 nights)
- Granville Hotel in Waterford (1 night)
- Royal Marine Hotel in Dun Laoghaire, Dublin (2 nights)
- Dromoland Castle Hotel in Newmarket-on-Fergus, Clare (1 night)
Limerick & Medieval Castle Banquet
Tour begins 2:00 PM at your Limerick hotel. Following a short trip around Limerick, you’ll step back in time at King John’s Castle. Immerse yourself in the rich history of Limerick with costumed guides and touchscreen technology. Then join your group for a welcome drink before heading to Knappogue or Bunratty Castle where you’ll dine at a medieval‐style banquet.
Cliffs of Moher & River Shannon Ferry
Cliffs of Moher, Ireland
Take in the spectacular beauty of the Cliffs of Moher, soaring 700 feet above the Atlantic surf. Travel to a local goat farm to learn all about the making of goat cheese before sampling.
Relax on a ferry ride across the River Shannon Estuary, and travel on to Killarney. Enjoy free time before dinner.
The Brehon Hotel
Ring of Kerry Tour & Sheepdog Trials
Ring of Kerry, Ireland
Embark on Ireland’s most popular scenic drive, the Ring of Kerry, with plenty of stops to capture photos of Ireland’s natural beauty and some of the locations from the film “Star Wars VII.”
Passing through Waterville and the village of Sneem, stop at Moll’s Gap for views of the mountainous Macgillycuddy’s Reeks. Travel via jaunting car to Ross Castle & Killarney Estate. Experience farm life at a nearby farm and watch specially trained dogs herding sheep.
Return to Killarney for dinner at the award-winning Rozzers Restaurant at The Killeen House.
The Brehon Hotel
Blarney Castle & Cobh Heritage Centre
Visit the famous Blarney Castle and kiss the “Stone of Eloquence” or walk through the lovely parklands and gardens. Treat yourself to quality Irish‐made goods at the Blarney Woollen Mills.
Head to the Cobh Heritage Centre where you can trace your ancestors, learn more about the ill-fated Titanic and Lusitania, or immerse yourself in the history of Irish emigrants.
Relax as you follow the coastal route to Waterford. In the evening take a gentle walk with a local historian who will reveal Waterford’s Viking and medieval past.
Waterford Crystal & 6th Century Glendalough
Witness the creation of crystal masterpieces during your visit to the House of Waterford Crystal. Travel through the scenery of the Wicklow Mountains on the way to Glendalough, one of Ireland’s most beautiful destinations. There you’ll explore the remains of one of the most important monastic sites in Ireland, founded by St. Kevin in the 6th century.
Continue on to an elegant Victorian mansion overlooking Dublin Bay and Dun Laoghaire Harbour ‐‐ your hotel for the night. Dine on Irish specialties at the Merry Ploughboy Pub while enjoying a lively show of traditional Irish songs and step-dancing.
Royal Marine Hotel
Dublin Sightseeing Tour & Glasnevin Cemetery Museum
Begin your day with a tour of Glasnevin Cemetery - its museum. the world's first cemetery museum, tells the story of the 1.5 million people buried there. It's a fascinating insight into Irish history and the people who lived it.
Spend the afternoon touring independently, with your tickets to the Hop-On, Hop-Off bus tour, and choose one of three of Ireland's most popular attractions: Guinness Storehouse, the GPO Museum, or EPIC Ireland.
Royal Marine Hotel
Irish National Stud & Dromoland Castle Hotel
Visit the home of equine royalty, The Irish National Stud, where you’ll see immaculately‐bred stallions alongside protective mares, frolicking foals, and athletic yearlings. Stroll around the delightful grounds to explore St. Fiachra’s Garden, including its miniature Japanese Gardens.
Newmarket on Fergus, Ireland
Travel to the imposing and deluxe Dromoland Castle Hotel. Relax in the elegant surroundings of this wonderful fairytale castle. Savor a delicious farewell dinner in the oak‐paneled dining room ‐‐ a fitting way to spend the last evening of your Irish tour.
Dromoland Castle Hotel
Tour Ends At Dromoland
Newmarket on Fergus, Ireland
Your program ends after breakfast.
- 70 days or more prior to departure: Forfeiture of deposit
- 69 - 46 days prior to departure: 25% per person
- 45 - 8 days prior to departure: 35% per person
- 7 - 1 days prior to departure: 50% per person
- On day of departure: 100% per person
- All cancellations must be received in writing prior to tour departure. The cancellation policy will apply according to the date that the cancellation notification is received. The MINIMUM cancellation penalty is the deposit amount.
- The purchase to trip cancellation insurance is strongly recommended.
Terms and Conditions
- Land only “from price” is per person based on two people sharing a room together.
- All prices are in US Dollars.
- A non-refundable land deposit of $250 per person is required for coach tours. Deposits are required within 5 days of making the reservation. Early booking discounts require higher deposits.
- The final payment must be made by credit card no later than 80 days prior to departure date. If payment is not received as scheduled, the reservation will automatically cancel and deposit payment become forfeit.
- Once confirmed any revision to land tours will incur a $50 handling fee per booking. If clients cancel from one tour and rebook on another tour or another date, a cancellation fee may apply. Revisions are not permitted within 14 days of departure or once documents have been issued.
- Documents will be shipped by U.P.S. ground service approximately 21 days prior to departure provided full payment has been received. If documents are required earlier, sufficient notice id required to arrange for early delivery by regular service. Late bookings will incur an express service delivery charge.