Northern Lights Quest of Iceland
Hunt the horizon for the amazing aurora borealis on this 6-Day Iceland tour. Take in Iceland's natural wonders and beauty of the land of fire and ice. Explore the southern end of Iceland from the Golden Circle to Diamond Beach and visit stunning waterfalls, glaciers and volcanoes. As this trip departs in late fall and early winter you will have have an ideal chance of viewing the amazing Aurora Borealis with its dancing colors in the night sky.
6 Days • fr. $2,845
- Panoramic tour of Reykjavik
- Northern Lights Quest Boat Tour
- A tour of the Golden Circle
- A visit to the Secret Lagoon to enjoy the Icelandic spa experience - Don't forget your swimsuit!
- Lunch in the greenhouse of Fridheimar Tomato Farm.
- A stop at Gullfoss Waterfall
- A visit to the LAVA Center and the Skogar Folk Museum
- A visit to the Skogafoss Waterfall
- A visit to the Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon and the black sand Diamond Beach in the Vatnajokull National Park
- A visit to Skaftafell Wilderness Area
- A visit to the beautiful Seljalandsfoss Waterfall
- An evening visit to the Blue Lagoon
- A farewell dinner in Reykjavik
- Handling of one piece of luggage per person is included in the cost of all coach tours. Size should not exceed 30 x 20 x 10 inches and weight should be under 50 lbs. Luggage is carried at owner's risk throughout the tour unless insured.
- Tips for personal services and to tour directors and drivers are not included in tour cost and left to your discretion.
- All items of a personal nature (room service, beverages, telephone charges, laundry, special food requests, etc.) and meals not specified on the tour itinerary are not included and must be paid by the client.
- All rates exclude airfare unless expressly noted.
- Full daily breakfasts (except Day 1)
- 2 lunches and 3 dinners including a farewell dinner
- Fosshotel Reykjavik in Reykjavik, Iceland (2 night)
- Fosshotel Hekla in Brjansstadir, Iceland (1 night)
- Fosshotel Nupar in Kirkjubæjarklaustur, Iceland (2 nights)
ARRIVE IN REYKJAVIK Location Information Description
Your tour starts in your hotel at 2:00 PM. Discover capital city Reykjavik on a panoramic tour, experiencing its charming architecture and beautiful, brightly-colored rooftops. Visit the Perlan Observation Deck to see magnificent 360º views of the city and its surroundings. Return to your hotel for a welcome drink and canapés with your group, followed by free time for dinner on your own.
After dinner head to the harbor for your Northern Lights boat quest. Enjoy beautiful views of the city and surrounding mountains as you sail away, watching for the aurora borealis.
Foss Hotel Reykjavik
GOLDEN CIRCLE Location Information Description
Thingvellir National Park, Iceland
Head out on the famed Golden Circle, starting with the spectacular Thingvellir National Park, a meeting place of old Icelandic clans. It is also where the Eurasian and North American tectonic plates meet above ground.
Location Information Description
Journey to the Secret Lagoon: small and intimate, it’s where savvy travelers go to enjoy the Icelandic spa experience. Don’t forget your swimsuit! Enjoy a lunch in the greenhouse of Fridheimar Tomato Farm.
Location Information Description
Then it’s on to the Strokkur Geyser, which erupts every 10 minutes. Stop at Gullfoss Waterfall, one of the most photographed spots in all of Iceland.
Location Information Description
Move on to your hotel below the Hekla volcano and enjoy dinner with your group. After dark, you might soak in the hotel’s outdoor hot tub while watching for the Northern Lights.
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
LAVA CENTER Location Information Description
Visit the LAVA Center to learn about Iceland’s volcanoes, and how their eruptions and lava flows have shaped the country over time. Visit the Skogar Folk Museum to explore Iceland’s cultural heritage and learn about the lives of Iceland’s early settlers through an array of tools, books, and handicrafts.
Skogafoss Waterfall & Black Sand Beach Location Information Description
See the Skogafoss Waterfall nearby and then Reynisfjara’s black sand beach and rock formations. Dine tonight at your hotel, which is perfectly situated for Northern Lights viewing; it offers wake-up service if the lights are visible after bed time.
SKAFTAFELL WILDERNESS AREA Location Information Description
Visit the Skaftafell Wilderness Area and view some of its wonders: glaciers, waterfalls, a snow-capped volcano and lava fields. Savor lunch with a view of the surrounding countryside at the Fosshotel Glacier Lagoon.
Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon & Diamond Beach Location Information Description
After lunch visit the Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon, where bright blue and white icebergs dot the waters. Head to nearby Diamond Beach and marvel at glistening natural ice sculptures on the black sands. Return to your accommodation and dine independently this evening.
SELJALANDSFOSS WATERFALL Location Information Description
Journey to the beautiful Seljalandsfoss Waterfall where, weather permitting, the sure-footed can walk the trail that takes you behind the 60-meter falls. Travel back to Reykjavik, possibly visiting any itinerary sights you might have missed due to weather.
SELJALANDSFOSS WATERFALL & THE BLUE LAGOON Location Information Description
Spend the rest of the afternoon independently exploring the city. In the evening, visit the Blue Lagoon, a geothermal spa in a man-made lake surrounded by lava fields; share in a farewell dinner and lagoon entry with your group.
- 70 days or more prior to departure: Forfeiture of deposit
- 69 - 16 days prior to departure: 30% per person
- 15 - 8 days prior to departure: 50% per person
- 7 - 1 days prior to departure: 90% per person
- On day of departure: 100% per person
- All cancellations must be received in writing prior to tour departure. The cancellation policy will apply according to the date that the cancellation notification is received. The MINIMUM cancellation penalty is the deposit amount.
- The purchase to trip cancellation insurance is strongly recommended.
Terms and Conditions
- Land only “from price” is per person based on two people sharing a room together.
- All prices are in US Dollars.
- A non-refundable land deposit of $250 per person is required for coach tours. Deposits are required within 5 days of making the reservation. Early booking discounts require higher deposits.
- The final payment must be made by credit card no later than 80 days prior to departure date. If payment is not received as scheduled, the reservation will automatically cancel and deposit payment become forfeit.
- Once confirmed any revision to land tours will incur a $50 handling fee per booking. If clients cancel from one tour and rebook on another tour or another date, a cancellation fee may apply. Revisions are not permitted within 14 days of departure or once documents have been issued.
- Documents will be shipped by U.P.S. ground service approximately 21 days prior to departure provided full payment has been received. If documents are required earlier, sufficient notice id required to arrange for early delivery by regular service. Late bookings will incur an express service delivery charge.