Taste of Ireland
Welcome to the Emerald Isle! Explore Ireland’s scenic highlights including Dublin Castle, the Ring of Kerry, Blarney Castle and the Cliffs of Moher. Experience local culture, a sheepdog demonstration, traditional Irish dinners and lively evening entertainment.
The 7 day Taste of Ireland tour from CIE tours is an excellent way to explore the beauty of Ireland with a focus on the food and culture that makes this country such a great place to visit. Your expert-led tour will take you from the heart of Dublin and the Ring of Kerry as well as Blarney and the picturesque Cliffs of Moher. If you're a traveler and a foodie at heart, this 7 day Taste of Ireland tour will align perfectly with your wants and needs as you explore Ireland.
7 Days • fr. $1,299
- Blarney Castle
- Cliffs of Moher
- Dublin Castle
- Ring of Kerry
- Sheepdog demonstration
- Ferry ride across the River Shannon
- Connemara Marble Factory
- Skellig Experience
- Dublin open-top bus tour with a visit to Guinness Storehouse, Teeling Distillery, EPIC Ireland or the General Post Office Museum.
- Tour of Dublin with a local guide
- Handling of one piece of luggage per person is included in the cost of all coach tours. Size should not exceed 30 x 20 x 10 inches and weight should be under 50 lbs. Luggage is carried at owner's risk throughout the tour unless insured.
- Tips for personal services and to tour directors and drivers are not included in tour cost and left to your discretion.
- All items of a personal nature (room service, beverages, telephone charges, laundry, special food requests, etc.) and meals not specified on the tour itinerary are not included and must be paid by the client.
- All rates exclude airfare unless expressly noted.
- Full daily breakfasts (except Day 1)
- 1 lunch
- 3 dinners including Merry Ploughboy Pub dinner & show, Durty Nelly's Pub dinner, and one table d'hotel dinner in Killarney.
- Clayton Hotel Ballsbridge in Dublin (2 nights)
- Killarney Avenue Hotel in Killarney (2 nights)
- Bunratty Castle Hotel in Bunratty (1 night)
- Academy Plaza Hotel in Dublin (1 night)
Arrive Dublin & City Sightseeing
Enjoy your day with an independent Dublin Hop-on, Hop-Off bus tour and a visit to one of Dublin’s top attractions — Guinness Storehouse, Teeling Distillery, EPIC Ireland, or the General Post Office Museum. Dine independently this evening.
Clayton Hotel Ballsbridge
Dublin & Merry Ploughboy Pub
Enjoy the morning exploring Dublin with the included vouchers. Your city tour starts at 2:00 PM from the hotel lobby with a local guide for a tour of ancient and modern Dublin. Drive through the main streets to see historic buildings such as Trinity College, rows of Georgian houses with colorfully painted doorways, and the new buildings around the Financial Centre beside the River Liffey. Take a guided tour through parts of Dublin Castle, which was the seat of power and government for many centuries and today plays a leading role in European Union activities. Return to your hotel for a welcome drink with your group. In the evening, head to the Merry Ploughboy Pub for a dinner of Irish specialties and a lively show with popular Irish songs and intricate step-dancing.
Clayton Hotel Ballsbridge
Blarney Castle & Killarney
Depart Dublin and travel through the beautiful farmland of the midlands of Ireland. Stop for photos of the stately ruins on the Rock of Cashel, rising high above the surrounding plain. Continue your drive south and, just a few miles outside Cork, visit Blarney Castle to kiss the famous “Stone of Eloquence.” Also visit the Blarney Woollen Mills where you can find quality Irish-made goods of all types, conveniently displayed under one roof. Drive through Macroom, built around a fine castle, and into County Kerry where the scenery becomes more mountainous.
Arrive in Killarney, picturesquely set beside lakes with Ireland’s highest mountains, the Macgillycuddy’s Reeks, forming a backdrop. Check in to your hotel and relax before dinner.
Killarney Towers Hotel
Ring of Kerry & Skellig Experience
Ring of Kerry, Ireland
Embark on Ireland’s most popular 100-mile scenic drive — the Ring of Kerry. This winding route reveals breathtaking views of Macgillycuddy’s Reeks as well as the scenic coast of beaches and cliffs. There will be plenty of stops for photos at the best vantage points. After a casual lunch in a cozy restaurant, you’ll continue your scenic drive to Valentia Island where you’ll visit the Skellig Experience.
Valencia Harbour, Ireland
Learn about the island of Skellig Michael where early Christian monks lived in austere conditions and how it was used as one of the locations for the film “Star Wars VII.” Pause for a stroll around Sneem, with its brightly painted houses, and at Moll’s Gap for panoramic views of Ireland’s highest mountains and deep valleys. Get a taste of farm life with a sheepdog demonstration of herding flocks, a shearing demonstration (seasonal), and see different breeds of sheep. Return to Killarney and enjoy a free evening for independent dining or exploring the many pubs in the town.
Killarney Towers Hotel
Cliffs of Moher & Bunratty Castle
Cliffs of Moher, Ireland
Leave Killarney and drive north to Tarbert for a 20-minute ferry ride across the wide River Shannon Estuary. Your tour continues along the coast of County Clare to the Cliffs of Moher, a spectacular wall of sandstone that reaches almost 700 feet above the Atlantic Ocean. Drive past Lahinch Golf Course, one of Ireland’s most famous, and through the marketing town of Ennis to Bunratty.
Check into Bunratty Castle Hotel, which is near Bunratty Castle and Folk Park. In the evening, head to Bunratty Castle for a memorable experience in a wonderful historic setting in the Great Hall for a medieval-style feast of excellent dishes and plenty of wine. During and after the meal the lords and ladies will serenade you with songs and harp music evocative of the Middle Ages. (Please note that January departures may offer a different dining experience.)
Bunratty Castle Hotel
Dublin Extension via Galway
Drive north to Galway city for a panoramic tour, and take some time to look around the city before traveling out along the famous Galway Bay to Spiddal, where the locals still speak the Irish language. Then drive across the rugged boglands of Connemara to Moycullen to visit the Connemara Marble Factory. See how locally quarried marble is made into attractive products, and enjoy tea and scones.
Travel across the country to Dublin. Spend the final night of your tour independently exploring the pubs in the lively Temple Bar area, or experiencing one of Dublin’s fine restaurants.
Academy Plaza Hotel
Depart from Dublin
Tour ends after breakfast today.
- 70 days or more prior to departure: Forfeiture of deposit
- 69 - 46 days prior to departure: 25% per person
- 45 - 8 days prior to departure: 35% per person
- 7 - 1 days prior to departure: 50% per person
- On day of departure: 100% per person
- All cancellations must be received in writing prior to tour departure. The cancellation policy will apply according to the date that the cancellation notification is received. The MINIMUM cancellation penalty is the deposit amount.
- The purchase to trip cancellation insurance is strongly recommended.
Terms and Conditions
- Land only “from price” is per person based on two people sharing a room together.
- All prices are in US Dollars.
- A non-refundable land deposit of $250 per person is required for coach tours. Deposits are required within 5 days of making the reservation. Early booking discounts require higher deposits.
- The final payment must be made by credit card no later than 80 days prior to departure date. If payment is not received as scheduled, the reservation will automatically cancel and deposit payment become forfeit.
- Once confirmed any revision to land tours will incur a $50 handling fee per booking. If clients cancel from one tour and rebook on another tour or another date, a cancellation fee may apply. Revisions are not permitted within 14 days of departure or once documents have been issued.
- Documents will be shipped by U.P.S. ground service approximately 21 days prior to departure provided full payment has been received. If documents are required earlier, sufficient notice id required to arrange for early delivery by regular service. Late bookings will incur an express service delivery charge.