Taste of Scotland & Ireland
This tour highlights Scotland & Ireland beginning in Glasgow. Then continue to the Scottish Highlands and the Lake District before arriving in Edinburgh. Then it is off to Ireland with a stop in Belfast before heading to Dublin. Finally explore southern Ireland with visits to Blarney Castle, Killarney, the Ring of Kerry, the Cliffs of Moher and Galway before returning to Dublin.
The 11 day Taste of Scotland and Ireland tour from CIE Tours brings the cuisine of Scotland and Ireland to life while giving you a taste of life in these two amazing countries. These 11 days are filled with exclusive opportunities and adventures that CIE Tours is famous for. Scotland and Ireland are complex countries with a long history that is well worth exploring and this 11 day Taste of Scotland and Ireland tour from CIE Tours will illuminate that clearly.
11 Days • fr. $2,679
- Blair Athol Distillery
- Blarney Castle
- Cliffs of Moher
- Edinburgh Castle
- Loch Ness Cruise
- Skellig Experience
- Titanic Belfast
- Enjoy farm life as you sample fresh baked scones with tea and watch a sheep herding demonstration.
- Discover the rich history and local lore of Edinburgh, Galway and Dublin’s Trinity College with local guides.
- Expect an unforgettable evening of music, ceremony, theater and dance with at the Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo on July 31 to August 21 departures.
- Handling of one piece of luggage per person is included in the cost of all coach tours. Size should not exceed 30 x 20 x 10 inches and weight should be under 50 lbs. Luggage is carried at owner's risk throughout the tour unless insured.
- Tips for personal services and to tour directors and drivers are not included in tour cost and left to your discretion.
- All items of a personal nature (room service, beverages, telephone charges, laundry, special food requests, etc.) and meals not specified on the tour itinerary are not included and must be paid by the client.
- All rates exclude airfare unless expressly noted.
- Full daily breakfasts (except Day 1)
- 6 dinners including a Scottish Evening in Edinburgh, a canal Dinner Cruise in Dublin, and a festive medieval castle banquet.
- Doubletree by Hilton Glasgow in Central Glasgow (1 night)
- Newton Hotel in Nairn (1 night)
- Dalmahoy Hotel and Country Club in Edinburgh (2 nights)
- Trinity City Hotel in Dublin (2 nights)
- Killarney Avenue Hotel in Killarney (2 nights)
- Bunratty Castle Hotel in Bunratty (1 night)
- Maldron Hotel Pearse St in Dublin (1 night)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Tour begins 2:30 PM at your Glasgow hotel. Set out on an introductory tour of central Glasgow -- a city that flourished in Victorian times due to the shipbuilding industry and international trade. Drive around George Square with its ornate City Chambers, and visit Provand’s Lordship, Glasgow’s oldest house. Enjoy a welcome drink with your group before dinner.
DoubleTree by Hilton Glasgow Central
Loch Lomond & Loch Ness Cruise
Scottish Highlands, United Kingdom
Travel alongside the famous Loch Lomond, renowned for its unsurpassed beauty. Drive across the haunting Rannoch Moor and through Glencoe, admiring the wild and spectacular scenery. Continue through Fort William and stop at a woollen mill to shop for quality Scottish goods.
Nairn, United Kingdom
Embark on a short cruise on Loch Ness before heading to Nairn.
Mutha Newton Hotel
Whisky Tasting & St Andrews
Blair Atholl, United Kingdom
Visit Blair Athol Distillery to see how whisky is distilled and enjoy a sample.
Saint Andrews, United Kingdom
Travel to St Andrews, best known as the “Home of Golf.” Take a panoramic drive around and spend some time exploring independently.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Continue to Edinburgh to your gracious manor house hotel, set on 1,000 acres with two golf courses. Enjoy a Scottish evening with traditional cuisine with a lively show of songs, stories, and dancing.
Dalmahoy Hotel & Country Club
Edinburgh Castle & City Tour
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Explore the principal sights of central Edinburgh from the bustling Princes Street and through the gracious, wide streets of the 200-year-old Georgian “New Town.” Walk along part of the Royal Mile where compact medieval houses reach 11 floors tall. Visit Edinburgh Castle perched high above the city on volcanic rock. The castle contains the Scottish Crown Jewels and the Stone of Scone. The balance of the day is free. The July 30 - August 20 departures watch the spectacular Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo on the Castle Esplanade.
Dalmahoy Hotel & Country Club
Ferry to Ireland & Titanic Belfast
Belfast, United Kingdom
Depart Edinburgh and travel through Ayrshire and along the coast. Embark on a ferry ride to Belfast. At Titanic Belfast, immerse yourself in the history of this famous liner through state-of-the-art displays. Head to Dundalk for a pub dinner.
- 70 days or more prior to departure: Forfeiture of deposit
- 69 - 46 days prior to departure: 25% per person
- 45 - 8 days prior to departure: 35% per person
- 7 - 1 days prior to departure: 50% per person
- On day of departure: 100% per person
- All cancellations must be received in writing prior to tour departure. The cancellation policy will apply according to the date that the cancellation notification is received. The MINIMUM cancellation penalty is the deposit amount.
- The purchase to trip cancellation insurance is strongly recommended.
Terms and Conditions
- Land only “from price” is per person based on two people sharing a room together.
- All prices are in US Dollars.
- A non-refundable land deposit of $250 per person is required for coach tours. Deposits are required within 5 days of making the reservation. Early booking discounts require higher deposits.
- The final payment must be made by credit card no later than 80 days prior to departure date. If payment is not received as scheduled, the reservation will automatically cancel and deposit payment become forfeit.
- Once confirmed any revision to land tours will incur a $50 handling fee per booking. If clients cancel from one tour and rebook on another tour or another date, a cancellation fee may apply. Revisions are not permitted within 14 days of departure or once documents have been issued.
- Documents will be shipped by U.P.S. ground service approximately 21 days prior to departure provided full payment has been received. If documents are required earlier, sufficient notice id required to arrange for early delivery by regular service. Late bookings will incur an express service delivery charge.