The Irish Pub Tour
Small Group Departures Available
Ireland is famous for its pubs. Soak in the folklore in Dublin, Kilkenny, Killarney and Westport. Visit Brazen Head, Dublin’s oldest pub and enjoy dinner & music at Kate Kearney’s Cottage and visit Teeling Whiskey Distillery and Guinness Storehouse.
Some of the pubs you'll visit are hundreds of years old and full of some of the best history and most interesting stories in all of Ireland. From places like the South Pole Inn to Kilkenny's Medieval Mile, your local guide will explain the backstories that made these pubs such an important part of Irish history. You'll also enjoy the pub crawl through Westport where you'll visit several Irish mainstays. Of course, this tour also visits some of the most famous sites in Ireland that aren't completely pub-related like the Blarney Castle, Cliffs of Moher and even a tour of the famed Guinness beer facility.
8 Days • fr. $1,569
- Aillwee Cave
- Blarney Castle
- Cliffs of Moher
- Guinness Storehouse Tour
- Smithwick’s Experience
- Teeling Distillery
- South Pole Inn with Irish coffee
- Dingle Peninsula
- Sheepdog Demonstration
- Handling of one piece of luggage per person is included in the cost of all coach tours. Size should not exceed 30 x 20 x 10 inches and weight should be under 50 lbs. Luggage is carried at owner's risk throughout the tour unless insured.
- Tips for personal services and to tour directors and drivers are not included in tour cost and left to your discretion.
- All items of a personal nature (room service, beverages, telephone charges, laundry, special food requests, etc.) and meals not specified on the tour itinerary are not included and must be paid by the client.
- All rates exclude airfare unless expressly noted.
- Full daily breakfasts (except Day 1)
- 1 lunch
- 6 dinners including an Irish night at Kate Kearney’s Cottage and a 12th Century Brazen Head Pub folk dinner.
- Ballsbridge Hotel or Croke Park Hotel in Dublin (1 night)
- Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel in Kilkenny (1 night)
- International Hotel in Killarney (2 nights)
- Armada Hotel in Spanish Point (1 night)
- Wyatt Hotel in Westport (1 night)
- Ashling Hotel in Dublin (1 night)
Dublin Tour & Guinness Storehouse
Tour starts 2:00 pm at your Dublin hotel. Set out on an introductory tour of central Dublin. Cross the River Liffey to drive along the wide O’Connell Street and view the General Post Office where the 1916 Uprising started. Visit the Guinness Storehouse to learn about Ireland’s most famous brew and after pulling your own pint enjoy views of Dublin from the rooftop bar. Enjoy a welcome drink and dinner with your group at The Church Café Bar and Restaurant.
Ballsbridge Hotel, Dublin or Croke Park Hotel
Glasnevin Cemetery Museum & Smithwick’s Experience
Explore Glasnevin Cemetery Museum, Ireland’s national necropolis, which is a who’s who of modern Irish history. Head to Kilkenny for a walking tour through Kilkenny’s Medieval Mile to view merchants’ houses and a stop at one of its historic pubs. Visit Smithwick’s Experience brewery for a tour and enjoy a sample. Spend some free time browsing the charming city before dinner.
Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel
Dungarvan Brewing Company & Blarney
Visit the Dungarvan Brewing Company and learn about their bottle-conditioned beers. Next, stop by the Seanachai Pub, a quaint thatched-roof pub. Travel on to visit Blarney Castle to kiss the famous “Stone of Eloquence” or explore the tranquil gardens. Treat yourself to quality Irish-made goods at the Blarney Woollen Mills.
Pass through County Cork to Killarney where you’ll have free time to explore some lively pubs.
Dingle Peninsula & The Irish Whiskey Experience
Head to the glorious Dingle Peninsula, made famous by two movies, “Ryan’s Daughter” and “Far & Away,” which showcased the wonderful scenery. Visit the South Pole Inn for an Irish coffee and learn about Tom Crean, an explorer who bravely journeyed to the South Pole. Immerse yourself in farm life and watch skilled dogs herd sheep. Enjoy some time and lunch on your own in the town of Dingle.
In the evening, head to the Irish Whiskey Experience for a tasting, chocolate pairing and dinner.
Cliffs of Moher & Spanish Point
Cliffs of Moher, Ireland
Embark on a ferry ride across the wide River Shannon Estuary. Take in the spectacular beauty of the Cliffs of Moher, soaring 700 feet above the Atlantic surf. Walk along the top of the cliffs for views across Galway Bay to Connemara and the Aran Islands. A short drive will bring you into Doolin for lunch at McGann’s Pub.
Spanish Point, Ireland
Travel to Spanish Point, named after the ships of the 1588 Spanish Armada that were wrecked there. Enjoy a drink at Johnny Burke’s and dinner at your hotel.
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Galway & Westport Walk
Drive around the shores of Galway Bay and stop in Galway for some leisure time to explore independently. Continue through Connemara with its hills, lakes, and open country where sheep roam freely. Stop in Leenane, where the movie “The Field” was made.
Continue to Westport and enjoy a pub walking tour of this attractive estate town built in 1780, with buildings steeped in history and traditional pubs, many with live music.
Teelings Distillery & 12th Century Brazen Head Pub
Enjoy the scenery of central Ireland as you head to Dublin on the east coast. Visit Teelings Distillery in the heart of the city, and sample the aged whiskey and CIE Tours’ signature drink. Head to the Brazen Head Pub, Dublin’s oldest, dating back to 1198 for an evening of “Food, Folk and Fairies” where storytelling will reveal the myths and beliefs of times past.
Independent Bus Tour in Dublin
Enjoy an independent Dublin open-top bus tour and a visit to one of Dublin’s top attractions -- EPIC Ireland, the GPO Museum or the Book of Kells.
Tour ends in Dublin
Tour ends in Dublin after breakfast.
- 70 days or more prior to departure: Forfeiture of deposit
- 69 - 46 days prior to departure: 25% per person
- 45 - 8 days prior to departure: 35% per person
- 7 - 1 days prior to departure: 50% per person
- On day of departure: 100% per person
- All cancellations must be received in writing prior to tour departure. The cancellation policy will apply according to the date that the cancellation notification is received. The MINIMUM cancellation penalty is the deposit amount.
- The purchase to trip cancellation insurance is strongly recommended.
Terms and Conditions
- Land only “from price” is per person based on two people sharing a room together.
- All prices are in US Dollars.
- A non-refundable land deposit of $250 per person is required for coach tours. Deposits are required within 5 days of making the reservation. Early booking discounts require higher deposits.
- The final payment must be made by credit card no later than 80 days prior to departure date. If payment is not received as scheduled, the reservation will automatically cancel and deposit payment become forfeit.
- Once confirmed any revision to land tours will incur a $50 handling fee per booking. If clients cancel from one tour and rebook on another tour or another date, a cancellation fee may apply. Revisions are not permitted within 14 days of departure or once documents have been issued.
- Documents will be shipped by U.P.S. ground service approximately 21 days prior to departure provided full payment has been received. If documents are required earlier, sufficient notice id required to arrange for early delivery by regular service. Late bookings will incur an express service delivery charge.