Classic New England
Discover the beauty and amazing history of this beautiful region on this affordable 9-day Classic New England tour. Originating and ending in Boston, this fabulous tour will take you to Maine, Vermont, Connecticut and Rhode Island. Experience historical port towns along the coast, view stunning landscapes that in fall, are brilliant with the vibrant colors of the spectacular fall foliage and see magnificent wildlife as you explore some of the country’s most beautiful national parks.
Visit the maritime city of Portland, Maine and watch the fisherman bring in their daily catches, gaze at the historic lighthouses and stroll the cobblestone streets. Spend time in charming Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park, then visit the spectacular White Mountains of New Hampshire. Along this journey on the state’s Kancamagus Scenic Byway, you will see a beautiful quaint area with covered bridges and multi-colored trees as you head to Stowe and Brattleboro, Vermont. While in Rhode Island, explore the historic town of Newport that is renowned for its gorgeous mansions and stunning harbor views. Your exciting tour ends in cultural-rich Boston, where you can discover the Old North Church, Boston Common and the Freedom Trail. Explore these fabulous places with the family for a fascinating tour of favorite New England destinations where history will come alive.
9 Days • fr. $1,819
- A sightseeing tour in Portland, Maine
- A sightseeing tour of Arcadia National Park
- A drive along Kancamagus Scenic Byway through the Franconia Notch and White Mountain National Forest
- Visit the oldest Sugarhouse in Montpelier, Vermont
- Visit Billings Farm and Museum, one of Vermont’s rural dairy farms
- A visit to Quechee Gorge State Park
- Sightseeing in Newport, Rhode Island
- Celebrate the 400th Anniversary of the Mayflower in Plymouth, Massechusetts
- A visit to the Plimoth Plantation
- Sightseeing in Boston with a local guide
- Private, deluxe, air-conditioned motorcoach while touring with free Wi-Fi.
- Gratuities are included for services during the land stay of your vacation, except on Cosmos Lite vacations and unless otherwise noted. This includes wait staff at included meals, and porterage at hotels for one suitcase per person. Gratuities for your Tour Director, Local Hosts®, Local Guides, driver, and ship’s crew are not included in the vacation price (unless otherwise noted in pricing details) and are discretionary.
- All items of a personal nature (room service, beverages, telephone charges, laundry, special food requests, etc.) and meals not specified on the tour itinerary are not included and must be paid by the client.
- All rates exclude airfare unless expressly noted.
- Comfort Inn in Boston, MA (1 night)
- Acadia Inn in Bar Harbor, ME (2 nights)
- Sunday River Resort in Newry, ME (1 night)
- Commodores Inn in Stowe, VT (1 night)
- Comfort Inn & Suites in Brattleboro, VT (1 night)
- Courtyad by Marriott Middletown in Middletown, RI (1 night)
- John Carver Inn & Spa in Plymouth, MA (1 night)
- The hotels listed are intended to be used on all departures however Cosmos reserves the right to substitute other hotels than those listed. If a change becomes necessary for any reason, the hotel substituted will be of equivalent quality to those listed. No refunds are provided for hotel changes and full cancellation penalties apply.
ARRIVE IN BOSTON Location Information Description
Welcome to Boston! Your Tour Director is on hand late this afternoon to answer any questions.
Comfort Inn Boston
PORTLAND Location Information Description
Head north into Maine, with a stop in the historic Maritime city of Portland. An included city sightseeing tour upon arrival shows the beautiful coastal region, including lighthouses and the local lobster fishermen. Time to stroll the cobblestone streets of Portland’s famous Old Port waterfront, lined with working fishing wharves and converted warehouses with restaurants and shops.
BAR HARBOR Location Information Description
Bar Harbor, USA
Continue northeast via Bangor, to Bar Harbor, a popular seaside resort and gateway to Acadia National Park. This evening feast on steamed mussels, Maine lobster, and delicious corn on the cob at an optional lobster bake.
ACADIA NATIONAL PARK Location Information Description
Acadia National Park, USA
Bar Harbor is situated on Mount Desert Island, one of the most beautiful Atlantic Islands and site of ACADIA NATIONAL PARK, a landscape marked by woodland, rocky beaches, and glacier-scoured granite peaks such as Cadillac Mountain. Among the wildlife are moose, beaver, whales, and seabirds. Drive through the park, passing Cadillac Mountain, the highest point on the Atlantic Coast, to see some of New England’s most spectacular scenery.
BAR HARBOR Location Information Description
Bar Harbor, USA
Your afternoon is free to explore the quaint village of Bar Harbor on your own. You may decide to go whale watching or take a nature cruise. Gift shops, galleries, and boutiques line the village of Bar Harbor, if you prefer some souvenir shopping. Your Tour Director will have suggestions for additional sightseeing and dining.
WHITE MOUNTAINS Location Information Description
White Mountains, USA
Travel inland through the Longfellow Mountains and head for the fabulous White Mountains of New Hampshire. Admire the land of covered bridges, quaint towns, and forests noted for their vibrant colors during fall foliage.
Overnight at the Sunday River Resort located in classic New England.
Sunday River Resort
NEW HAMPSHIRE'S KANCAMAGUS SCENIC BYWAY Location Information Description
White Mountain National Forest, USA
Today you are greeted with the deep forest smells of the pines and changing leaves. A beautiful drive through Franconia Notch, along New Hampshire’s Kancamagus Scenic Byway, and the White Mountain National Forest, is renowned for its fall leaf viewing. The “Kanc,” as the locals call it, remains unspoiled by homes or service stations, allowing you to watch the maple, beech, and birch trees burst into a brilliant kaleidoscope of yellows, browns, oranges, and reds.
MONTPELIER Location Information Description
In Montpelier, visit Vermont’s oldest Sugarhouse.
STOWE Location Information Description
End the day in Stowe, one of America’s most popular ski resorts as well as a favorite summer destination.
WOODSTOCK Location Information Description
This morning visit Woodstock, its village green reminiscent of 19th-century England. In Woodstock you will visit Billings Farm & Museum, a living museum of Vermont’s rural past and working dairy farm.
Quechee Gorge State Park Location Information Description
Queechee Gorge State Park, USA
At Queechee Gorge State Park, Vermont’s little Grand Canyon see fabulous views of the gorge and, in Rockingham, visit the charming Vermont Country Store.
BRATTLEBORO Location Information Description
This afternoon enjoy some time in downtown Brattleboro, named one of the top-10 small art towns in the country.
Comfort Inn & Suites Brattleboro
NEWPORT Location Information Description
Newport/Rhode Island, USA
On to Rhode Island, the “Ocean State.” Upon arrival, a city sightseeing tour that takes in the first state house, the nation’s oldest synagogue, and the bustling harbor once frequented by rum runners and slave traders. Afterward, join an optional to explore the Breakers Mansion on an audio tour, or choose to explore the small town of Newport with shops, galleries, and restaurants.
Courtyard by Marriott Middletown
PLYMOUTH Location Information Description
This morning, venture to the historic seaside port of Plymouth. Visit the 17th-Century English Village, Plimoth Plantation to enjoy live demos of historic blacksmithing, farming, and cooking.
Then, visit the Wampanoag Homesite and encounter the Native People of Wampanoag or other Native Nations. Step inside a wetu (house) and experience the traditions, stories, music, and dance of the people who have lived in this region for more than 10,000 years.
Afterward, head to the waterfront to see the Mayflower II—a full-scale reproduction of the tall ship that brought the Pilgrims to Plymouth Harbor in 1620—some 400 years ago! Reflect on your own family’s immigration story on one of the world’s oldest wooden vessels that still sails today.
John Carver Inn & Spa
PLYMOUTH - BOSTON Location Information Description
Depart this morning for Boston. Your guided tour focuses on the city’s most prominent landmarks. See Boston Common; Old State House; Old North Church, from where Paul Revere got the signal to start his famous ride; historic sights of the Freedom Trail; and Faneuil Hall, with the chance to browse in Quincy Market.
A stop at Boston Logan International Airport for those with homebound flights.
Please schedule flights after 3:30 pm.
- 45-22 days prior to commencement of services: 20% of total price*
- 21-8 days prior to commencement of services: 30% of total price*
- 7-1 days prior to commencement of services: 50% of total price*
- On departure day and later: 100% of total price*
- *Total price does not include any Instant Purchase Air or Instant Purchase Air service fees, which are non-refundable after 24 hours from purchase. Intra-vacation air is non-refundable after final payment.
- Cancellation fees may also apply to any additional services, including extra night accommodations, independently supplied services, and optional excursions reserved prior to, during, and after the tour. If flight changes, including, but not limited to, flight cancellations or name changes, are requested after full land and air deposits are received, revision fees, change fees, or airline cancellation fees will apply.
- In many instances, airline revision or change fees can be up to $300, but in some instances may be up to 100% of the ticket price. Cancellation penalties will be quoted at time of cancellation.
- All cancellations must be received in writing prior to tour departure. The cancellation policy will apply according to the date that the cancellation notification is received. The MINIMUM cancellation penalty is the deposit amount.
- The purchase to trip cancellation insurance is strongly recommended.
Terms and Conditions
- Land only “from price” is per person based on two people sharing a room together and does not include airfare unless expressly stated.
- All prices are in US Dollars.
- A $250 non-refundable, non-transferable, per-person, per-vacation deposit is required to reserve space for you, with some limited exceptions, as noted below. Payment of the deposit indicates you have read and accepted theseall Terms & Conditions. Your booking is not confirmed until the deposit payment is processed and you receive a confirmation invoice.
- Final payment is due 45 days prior to departure, with some limited exceptions, as noted below. Within the final payment date, payment in full is required at time of booking to reserve space. Reservations (land, cruise, and air) are canceled if final payment is not received by the due date. The payment policy may vary for group reservations.
- Additional deposits or payments are required for international air added to the start and/or end of your vacation and/or for intra-vacation air, as specified in the itinerary (“air-inclusive vacations”). Air-inclusive vacation pricing is guaranteed upon receipt of full land plus air deposit or land deposit plus full airfare price, depending on type of airfare purchased (Flex-Air or Instant Purchase Air).
- For complete terms and conditions please visit the Globus Terms & Conditions for more information.