Highlights of Morocco
Exotic Morocco awaits you on this fascinating and affordable 10-day Cosmos tour. Your adventure begins in Casablanca and visits the cities of Fez, Marrakech, Meknes and Rabat as well as Ouazarzate, Casablanca and Erfoud. Throughout the tour you will be immersed in Morocco’s rich history and beautiful landscapes. Moroccan culture and customs to life as you stroll through the markets and hear first-had stories from your local guides.
As you head by ferry to the South Island keep your eye out for whales and penguins before arriving into Christchurch. The South Island is home to sweeping views of pristine lakes with rugged hills and snow-capped mountains in the background. In Lake Tekapo visit the Church of the Good Shepard before arriving in Queenstown. Queenstown is set against the dramatic Southern Alps, is a beautiful city with many things that you can explore on your own including taking a gondola ride to the top of the mountain, a sightseeing cruise on Lake Wakatipu as well as exploring the region’s vineyards and historic mining towns. And not to be missed is the included excursion to Milford Sound with its cascading waterfalls, sheer cliff walls, tropical rainforest, wildlife including seals and dolphins, and fantastic scenery.
10 Days • fr. $949
Tour Highlights & Offers
- Guided sightseeing in Rabat including a visit the Chellah Gardens & Kasbah des Oudayas
- Guided sightseeing in Meknes including a visit to the Royal Stables
- A visit to Fez and Ifrane
- Travel to Ziz Gorges
- Visit the Mausoleum of Moulay Ali Sharif in Rissani
- Visit the Kasbah de Taourirt in Ouarzazate
- Visit the fortified village of Aït Benhaddou
- Take a scenic drive through the Tizi-N-Tichka Pass
- Take a guided sightseeing tour of Marrakech including a visit to Jemaa-el-Fna square, Bahia Palace & Majorelle Gardens
- Take a guided sightseeing tour in Casablanca
- Headsets throughout the tour.
- Private, first-class air-conditioned motorcoach while touring
- Gratuities are included for services during the land stay of your vacation, except on Cosmos Lite vacations and unless otherwise noted above. This includes wait staff at included meals, and porterage at hotels for one suitcase per person. Gratuities for your Tour Director, Local Hosts®, Local Guides, driver, and ship’s crew are not included in the vacation price (unless otherwise noted in pricing details) and are discretionary. Gratuities are not included on Cosmos Lite vacations and are discretionary.
- All items of a personal nature (room service, beverages, telephone charges, laundry, special food requests, etc.) and meals not specified on the tour itinerary are not included and must be paid by the client.
- All rates exclude airfare unless expressly noted.
- Novotel Casablanca City Center in Casablanca, Morocco (2 nights)
- Menzeh Hotel in Fez, Morocco (2 nights)
- Kasbah Tizimi Hotel in Erfoud, Morocco (2 nights)
- Ibis Moussafir Ouarzazate Hotel in Ouarzazate , Morocco (1 night)
- Zalagh Kasbah Hotel & Spa in Marrakesh, Morocco (2 nights)
- The hotels listed are intended to be used on all departures however Cosmos reserves the right to substitute other hotels than those listed. If a change becomes necessary for any reason, the hotel substituted will be of equivalent quality to those listed. No refunds are provided for hotel changes and full cancellation penalties apply.
ARRIVE IN CASABLANCA, MOROCCO
Check into your hotel. Later, meet your Tour Director and fellow travelers.
Novotel Casablanca City Center Hotel
A short ride along the coast to Rabat, once a lair of the corsairs and now the country’s capital. Sightseeing includes the Royal Palace, Hassan Tower, and the Kasbah of Oudayas. You’ll be reminded of the time when Morocco was the Roman province of Mauretania as you visit the fine Roman Relics of Chellah and ite gardens.
Continue to Meknes. During your guided tour, see its monumental gates, mosque, palace, and miles of protective walls. Visit its Royal Stables, originally built to house 12,000 of the royal horses.
Travel east towards Fez, Morocco’s most enchanting city for a two night stay. Today’s Distance: 211 mi/ 340 km
At leisure in ancient Fez, which occupies a position of outstanding scenic beauty. Visit the exotic ancient Medina on the optional sightseeing tour, a maze of narrow, bustling streets and alleys that are home to colorful souks.
Travel today into the very heart of Morocco. Stop in the quiet, French-built alpine mountain resort of Ifrane. Verdant cedar forests give way to volcanic mountains and windswept plains as you travel across the Middle Atlas range.
Pass fortified mud-and-straw villages and descend into the spectacular Ziz Gorges. The landscape becomes progressively more arid and you enter a stony desert. Approaching Erfoud, encounter an unexpected and breathtaking surprise: the peaceful oasis of the Ziz Valley. Today’s Distance: 267 mi/ 430 km
Kasbah Tizimi Hotel
The best choice today is an included excursion to Rissani to see the Mausoleum of Moulay Ali Sharif, the first ruler of the Alaouite Dynasty. This evening, enjoy an optional excursion in the desert.
Kasbah Tizimi Hotel
THE ROAD OF A THOUSAND KASBAHS
Atlas Mountains, Morocco
Enjoy the drive through the eastern slopes of the Atlas Mountains and arrive at the Tinerhir oasis with its green valley of palms and local villages. On to the impressive Todra Gorge, then along the Dades Valley
Arrive in the film capital of Morocco, Ouarzazate, where you’ll visit the Kasbah de Taourirt, the intricate and fascinating residence of Pasha Thami el Glaoui. Today’s Distance: 217 mi/ 350 km
Ibis Moussafir Hotel
AÏT BENHADDOU–TIZI–N–TICHKA PASS
Aït Benhaddou, Morocco
Travel to AÏT BENHADDOU, a kasbah famous as a film location for Lawrence of Arabia and Gladiator. Pass through picturesque villages surrounded by craggy mountains towards 7,414-foot-high Tizi-n-Tichka Pass in the heart of the High Atlas Mountains. Each new twist in the road leads to a different, more dramatic landscape.
Leaving the pass behind, see the landscape gradually change to a tapestry of red ochre. Enter the gates of the red-colored imperial city of Marrakesh, justly considered the most fascinating of all Moroccan cities. An optional evening excursion is a fitting way to end the day. Today’s Distance: 143 mi/ 230 km
Zalagh Kasbah Hotel & Spa
The included city sightseeing with a Local Guide starts with an orientation drive followed by a walk through the ancient quarters to the fascinating Jemma-El-Fna Square and its exotic bazaar, Bahia Palace, and Majorelle Gardens. You’ll feel as if you’ve stopped the march of time.
Zalagh Kasbah Hotel & Spa
Leave Morocco’s magical city of Marrakesh for the journey back to Casablanca. On arrival, see the main sights in the company of a Local Guide. Today’s Distance: 155 mi/ 250 km
Novotel Casablanca City Center Hotel
- 45-22 days prior to commencement of services: 20% of total price*
- 21-8 days prior to commencement of services: 30% of total price*
- 7-1 days prior to commencement of services: 50% of total price*
- On departure day and later: 100% of total price*
- *Total price does not include any Instant Purchase Air or Instant Purchase Air service fees, which are non-refundable after 24 hours from purchase. Intra-vacation air is non-refundable after final payment.
- Cancellation fees may also apply to any additional services, including extra night accommodations, independently supplied services, and optional excursions reserved prior to, during, and after the tour. If flight changes, including, but not limited to, flight cancellations or name changes, are requested after full land and air deposits are received, revision fees, change fees, or airline cancellation fees will apply.
- In many instances, airline revision or change fees can be up to $300, but in some instances may be up to 100% of the ticket price. Cancellation penalties will be quoted at time of cancellation.
- All cancellations must be received in writing prior to tour departure. The cancellation policy will apply according to the date that the cancellation notification is received. The MINIMUM cancellation penalty is the deposit amount.
- The purchase to trip cancellation insurance is strongly recommended.
Terms and Conditions
- Land only “from price” is per person based on two people sharing a room together and does not include airfare unless expressly stated.
- All prices are in US Dollars.
- A $250 non-refundable, non-transferable, per-person, per-vacation deposit is required to reserve space for you, with some limited exceptions, as noted below. Payment of the deposit indicates you have read and accepted theseall Terms & Conditions. Your booking is not confirmed until the deposit payment is processed and you receive a confirmation invoice.
- Final payment is due 45 days prior to departure, with some limited exceptions, as noted below. Within the final payment date, payment in full is required at time of booking to reserve space. Reservations (land, cruise, and air) are canceled if final payment is not received by the due date. The payment policy may vary for group reservations.
- Additional deposits or payments are required for international air added to the start and/or end of your vacation and/or for intra-vacation air, as specified in the itinerary (“air-inclusive vacations”). Air-inclusive vacation pricing is guaranteed upon receipt of full land plus air deposit or land deposit plus full airfare price, depending on type of airfare purchased (Flex-Air or Instant Purchase Air).
- For complete terms and conditions please visit the Globus Terms & Conditions for more information.