Highlights of the Canyonlands
Discover the majesty of the American west on this escorted 7-day Highlights of the Canyonlands tour. Perfect for families, this value-packed tour begins and ends in Las Vegas and takes you to the Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, Lake Powell, Bryce Canyon National Park, Zion National Park and St. George, one of Utah’s most important Mormon communities.
Highlights include an overnight stay inside the spectacular Grand Canyon National Park, where you can view an unforgettable sunrise and sunset. Bryce Canyon will delight you with its multi-colored “hoodoos” and Zion National Park offers a serene setting with rushing streams that have carved stone towers over millions of years. Take an exciting 4-wheel-drive excursion with a Navajo guide around Monument Valley. Learn about the special history of the Pueblo tribe at the Navajo National Monument, where you can view their ancient artifacts. Visit Glen Canyon Dam that holds back the waters of the Colorado River and see the soaring sandstone cliffs when you visit beautiful Snow Canyon State Park. Enjoy this amazing tour of the Canyonlands for a vacation experience you will always treasure.
7 Days • fr. $1,369
- Stay overnight inside Grand Canyon National Park
- Sightseeing in Grand Canyon National Park
- A visit to the the Navajo National Monument visitor center
- A 4-wheel-drive excursion with Navajo guide in Monument Valley
- A visit to Glen Canyon Dam in Lake Powell
- Sightseeing in Bryce Canyon National Park
- Sightseeing in Zion National Park
- An orientation tour in St. George
- Sightseeing in Snow Canyon State Park
- Private, deluxe air-conditioned motorcoach while touring with free Wi-Fi
- Gratuities are included for services during the land stay of your vacation, except on Cosmos Lite vacations and unless otherwise noted above. This includes wait staff at included meals, and porterage at hotels for one suitcase per person. Gratuities for your Tour Director, Local Hosts®, Local Guides, driver, and ship’s crew are not included in the vacation price (unless otherwise noted in pricing details) and are discretionary. Gratuities are not included on Cosmos Lite vacations and are discretionary.
- All items of a personal nature (room service, beverages, telephone charges, laundry, special food requests, etc.) and meals not specified on the tour itinerary are not included and must be paid by the client.
- All rates exclude airfare unless expressly noted.
- Sahara Las Vegas Hotel in Las Vegas, NV (1 night)
- Yavapai Lodge West - Grand Canyon National Park Lodge in Grand Canyon National Park, AZ (1 night)
- Kayenta Monument Valley Inn in Kayenta, AZ (1 night)
- Quality Inn Lake Powell in Page, AZ (1 night)
- Best Western Plus Ruby's Inn in Bryce, UT (1 night)
- Best Western Plus Abbey Inn & Suites in St. George, UT (1 night)
- The hotels listed are intended to be used on all departures however Cosmos reserves the right to substitute other hotels than those listed. If a change becomes necessary for any reason, the hotel substituted will be of equivalent quality to those listed. No refunds are provided for hotel changes and full cancellation penalties apply.
ARRIVAL IN LAS VEGAS Location Information Description
Las Vegas, USA
Welcome to exciting Las Vegas, also known as “Sin City!” Your Tour Director is on hand late this afternoon to answer any questions.
Sahara Las Vegas Hotel
LAS VEGAS–WILLIAMS–GRAND CANYON NATIONAL PARK Location Information Description
Grand Canyon, USA
Cross the desert and the old Mojave gold-strike country, passing through Williams on historic Route 66, and Kaibab National Forest, to arrive in the Grand Canyon by mid-afternoon. Marvel at one of the Natural Wonders of the World as you experience breathtaking views of Grand Canyon National Park. Accommodations this evening are inside the park.
Yavapai Lodge West - Grand Canyon National Park
GRAND CANYON NATIONAL PARK Location Information Description
Grand Canyon, USA
If you miss the sunset over the canyon, sunrise is just as impressive! For a once-in-a lifetime experience, take our optional flightseeing excursion over the heart of the Grand Canyon for incomparable views of flame-colored walls plunging 6,093 feet into the Colorado River.
NAVAJO NATIONAL MONUMENT Location Information Description
Later today, visit Navajo National Monument. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the monument was established to preserve three cliff dwellings of villages built by prehistoric Ancestral Puebloans that date from 1250 to 1300 AD. At the visitor center, view artifacts and one or all three of the films available.
KAYENTA Location Information Description
This evening, join the optional Navajo cookout for dinner, surrounded by the red-rock canyons of Monument Valley.
Kayenta Monument Valley Inn
KAYENTA - MONUMENT VALLEY Location Information Description
Monument Valley, USA
To experience the American West immortalized on the silver screen, journey across the Navajo Nation to Monument Valley. Situated on the Arizona/Utah border, the valley’s scenic desert vistas and iconic buttes have appeared in countless classic Western films. See the massive formations on a memorable 4-Wheel-Drive Tour.
LAKE POWELL Location Information Description
Lake Powell, USA
Afterward, visit the Glen Canyon Dam, holding back the waters of the Colorado River in Lake Powell, the country’s second-largest man-made lake. This afternoon, consider an optional Antelope Canyon cruise, which takes you onto the lake and into the tight, winding canyons.
Quality Inn Lake Powell
LAKE POWELL Location Information Description
Lake Powell, USA
Our optional early morning flight provides another unique perspective of Lake Powell. This beautiful sightseeing flight also includes Glen Canyon Dam, Wahweap Marina, Tower Butte, and Rainbow Bridge, the largest natural arch on Earth.
BRYCE CANYON NATIONAL PARK Location Information Description
Bryce Canyon, USA
Then, travel into Utah along the Grand Staircase to Bryce Canyon National Park. Bryce is famous for its unique geology as erosion has created bizarre shapes, including slot canyons, windows, fins, and spires called “hoodoos.” Tinted with numerous colors, these rocks create a wondrous landscape. Be sure to have your camera ready today!
Best Western Plus Ruby's Inn
ZION NATIONAL PARK Location Information Description
Zion National Park, USA
Zion National Park's striking landscapes of steep canyons and stone towers carved out by rushing streams over millions of years will mesmerize you. There is plenty of time to explore the park: take the park shuttle, see the Visitor Center and the museum, take a leisurely hike, bird watch, or join a park ranger to learn more about the animals, geology, plants, and human history.
ST. GEORGE Location Information Description
Saint George, USA
Upon arrival in St. George, enjoy an orientation tour of the most important Mormon community in southern Utah.
Best Western Plus Abbey Inn & Suites
SNOW CANYON STATE PARK Location Information Description
Snow Canyon Sate Park, USA
The journey continues to Snow Canyon State Park, featuring a canyon carved from the red and white Navajo sandstone in the Red Mountains of Utah.
LAS VEGAS Location Information Description
Las Vegas, USA
Then, a stop at Las Vegas McCarran International Airport for those with homebound flights. Please schedule flights after 3 pm. The trip ends at your Las Vegas hotel for those guests with extra nights.
- 45-22 days prior to commencement of services: 20% of total price*
- 21-8 days prior to commencement of services: 30% of total price*
- 7-1 days prior to commencement of services: 50% of total price*
- On departure day and later: 100% of total price*
- *Total price does not include any Instant Purchase Air or Instant Purchase Air service fees, which are non-refundable after 24 hours from purchase. Intra-vacation air is non-refundable after final payment.
- Cancellation fees may also apply to any additional services, including extra night accommodations, independently supplied services, and optional excursions reserved prior to, during, and after the tour. If flight changes, including, but not limited to, flight cancellations or name changes, are requested after full land and air deposits are received, revision fees, change fees, or airline cancellation fees will apply.
- In many instances, airline revision or change fees can be up to $300, but in some instances may be up to 100% of the ticket price. Cancellation penalties will be quoted at time of cancellation.
- All cancellations must be received in writing prior to tour departure. The cancellation policy will apply according to the date that the cancellation notification is received. The MINIMUM cancellation penalty is the deposit amount.
- The purchase to trip cancellation insurance is strongly recommended.
Terms and Conditions
- Land only “from price” is per person based on two people sharing a room together and does not include airfare unless expressly stated.
- All prices are in US Dollars.
- A $250 non-refundable, non-transferable, per-person, per-vacation deposit is required to reserve space for you, with some limited exceptions, as noted below. Payment of the deposit indicates you have read and accepted theseall Terms & Conditions. Your booking is not confirmed until the deposit payment is processed and you receive a confirmation invoice.
- Final payment is due 45 days prior to departure, with some limited exceptions, as noted below. Within the final payment date, payment in full is required at time of booking to reserve space. Reservations (land, cruise, and air) are canceled if final payment is not received by the due date. The payment policy may vary for group reservations.
- Additional deposits or payments are required for international air added to the start and/or end of your vacation and/or for intra-vacation air, as specified in the itinerary (“air-inclusive vacations”). Air-inclusive vacation pricing is guaranteed upon receipt of full land plus air deposit or land deposit plus full airfare price, depending on type of airfare purchased (Flex-Air or Instant Purchase Air).
- For complete terms and conditions please visit the Globus Terms & Conditions for more information.