The allure of the Mediterranean beckons on this 14-day Mediterranean Flavors tour from Madrid to Rome. This affordable tour introduces you to Spain, France and Italy from Madrid, along Spain’s Catalan coast to the French and Italian Rivieras, to Venice and then to Rome. Stops will be made in Valencia, Barcelona, Marseille, Eze, Cinque Terre Venice and Assisi. The diverse cultures, history and customs of the different areas will be explored. The glimmering beauty of the Mediterranean, relaxed atmosphere and incredible cuisine will make this a truly memorable experience.
Some of the unique highlights include Tapas tasting in Madrid, visits to Peniscola Castle in Castellon, and the many great works of Antonio Gaudi in Barcelona. Visit small fishing ports in France and visit a perfume workshop in Eze. Behold the rugged beauty of the cliffs in Cinque Terre. Visit the iconic city of Venice, glide along the picturesque canals and watch Venetian glassblowers at work. Explore the medieval city of Assisi and enjoy all of the highlights of Rome. Throughout the trip you can discover quaint villages, stroll down cobblestone streets and explore local markets to get a true flavor of each local area.
14 Days • fr. $2,099
Tour Highlights & Offers
- A guided city tour of Madrid
- A visit to Cuenca
- A guided tour of Valencia
- A visit to the castle in Peniscola
- A guided sightseeing tour of Barcelona
- A visit to Collioure
- An orientation tour of Marseille
- A visit to Cassis
- A visit to a perfume factory in Eze
- A train ride from Levanto to La Spezia
- An excursion to Cinque Terre
- A visit to Verona
- A walking tour of Venice including a canal boat ride and an glassblowing demonstration
- A visit to St. Francis Basilica in Assisi
- A guided city tour in Rome including St. Peter's Square
- Headsets throughout the tour.
- Touring by private, first-class, air-conditioned motorcoach with free Wi-Fi
- Gratuities are included for services during the land stay of your vacation, except on Cosmos Lite vacations and unless otherwise noted above. This includes wait staff at included meals, and porterage at hotels for one suitcase per person. Gratuities for your Tour Director, Local Hosts®, Local Guides, driver, and ship’s crew are not included in the vacation price (unless otherwise noted in pricing details) and are discretionary. Gratuities are not included on Cosmos Lite vacations and are discretionary.
- All items of a personal nature (room service, beverages, telephone charges, laundry, special food requests, etc.) and meals not specified on the tour itinerary are not included and must be paid by the client.
- All rates exclude airfare unless expressly noted.
- Elba Madrid Alcala Hotel in Madrid, Spain (2 nights)
- Sercotel Acteon Valencia Hotel in Valencia, Spain (1 night)
- Abba Garden Hotel in Barcelona, Spain (2 nights)
- Ibis Marseille Centre Euromed Hotel in Marseille, France (1 night)
- Ibis Styles Nice Vieux Port Hotel in Nice, France (2 nights)
- NH La Spezia Hotel in La Spezia, Italy (1 night)
- Poppi Hotel in Venice, Italy (2 nights)
- Pineta Palace Hotel in Rome, Italy (2 nights)
- The hotels listed are intended to be used on all departures however Cosmos reserves the right to substitute other hotels than those listed. If a change becomes necessary for any reason, the hotel substituted will be of equivalent quality to those listed. No refunds are provided for hotel changes and full cancellation penalties apply.
ARRIVE IN MADRID, SPAIN
Check into your hotel. Tonight, meet your Tour Director and fellow travelers.
Elba Madrid Alcala Hotel
Not only is Madrid the capital of Spain, but because it is situated 2,180 feet above sea level, the Spaniards rightly say it’s the nearest thing to Heaven. On the included guided city tour, discover the main sights and end the tour with a walk in the Barrio de La Latina. Stop in one of the many bars for a Tapas tasting. Consider an optional trip to Toledo. The splendid setting of this old walled city above the Tagus was made famous in El Greco’s painting and, even now, it’s like a great open-air museum of Spanish history and art
Elba Madrid Alcala Hotel
Travel southeast to Cuenca, perched high above the precipices of the Jucar and Huecar Rivers, famous for its “hanging houses” that are suspended over the Huecar ravine.
Journey on to Valencia, Spain’s third-largest city, and explore the city with a Local Guide. Today’s Distance: 255 mi/ 410 km
Sercotel Acteon Valencia Hotel
Today, visit Peniscola Castle in Castellon, built by the Knights Templar in the 14th century. The promontory on which the castle and town are located is a fine reminder of medieval times.
Continue your journey through orange groves and seaside resorts past Tarragona to Catalonia’s lively and beautiful capital, Barcelona. Today’s Distance: 236 mi/ 380 km
Abba Garden Hotel
Sightseeing with a Local Guide includes a drive around Monjuïc to see the Olympic Stadium and a great panoramic view of the port and city. Continue to the city center of Plaza Catalunya and to Paseo de Gracia to admire the greatness and eccentricity of Gaudi’s architectural masterpieces in the Houses Batllò and Mila and the Sagrada Familia (entrance fees not included). Spend the afternoon at leisure.
Abba Garden Hotel
Leave Spain today and cross the border into France to visit Collioure. This picturesque village is nestled in an idyllic place on the rocky Mediterranean coastline and is sheltered by the
Pyrenees. Carry on to the oldest city in France, Marseille, for an overnight. Today’s Distance: 354 mi/ 570 km
Ibis Marseille Centre Euromed Hotel
Capital of the Provence, Marseille was founded by the Greeks in 600 BC. See the city’s bustling ancient heart—the picturesque Vieux Port (old port), where elegant markets and handsome townhouses surround the boat-filled harbor. Then, head for the hilltop Basilica Notre Dame de la Garde, with stunning views of the city.
Cassis, a small fishing port lined with cafés and restaurants, and stop to explore the town.
After leaving Cassis continue on to Nice, in the heart of the French Riviera. Later, why not join the optional Monte-Carlo-by-Night excursion? Today’s Distance: 143 mi/ 230 km
Ibis Styles Nice Vieux Port Hotel
EXCURSION TO ÈZE
Start the day with a visit to a perfume workshop in the village of Eze, perched high above the Mediterranean Sea. Small narrow roads, archways and superbly restored stone houses, shady squares, refreshing ancient fountains. You will soon be seduced by the marvels of Eze.
Later, spend time at leisure to do as you please! In Nice, dabble in the Mediterranean Sea, stroll along the famous Promenade des Anglais, or join our optional excursion to the artists’ town of St. Paul de Vence. Today’s Distance: 19 mi/ 30 km
Ibis Styles Nice Vieux Port
FRENCH RIVIERA–CINQUE TERRE AREA, ITALY
La Spezia, Italy
Enjoy the wonderful coastal scenery along the French and Italian Rivieras as you travel toward Cinque Terre. Take the train in Levanto and stop in some of the most enchanting villages of the spectacular Cinque Terre region, where the beauty of the rugged cliffs and romantic fishing villages once inspired Lord Byron. There are several breathtaking trails carved into the rocks connecting the villages, affording dramatic sea views. Today’s Distance: 205 mi/ 330 km
NH La Spezia Hotel
CINQUE TERRE AREA–VERONA
Travel through areas of culinary excellence in the Po plains to reach the romantic city of Verona and enjoy some time at leisure.
Continue to Venice where you will spend two nights.
Venice is a city of unparalleled beauty and a feast of wonderful sights. Your included orientation starts with a boat ride to St. Mark’s Square and is followed by time at leisure and a chance to watch Venetian glassblowers fashion their delicate objects as they did centuries ago. Don’t miss out on the optional gondola trip, gliding along the picturesque canals with a local troubadour to serenade you.
VENICE - ASSISI
Cross the Po Delta and head into the verdant Apennines to medieval Assisi. Enclosed by ramparts, little has changed since the Middle Ages. This is the town of the deeply mystical and poetic St. Francis. See the upper and lower Basilica with the beautiful frescoes by Giotto.
Aftier Assisi head to Rome for a two night stay to wind down the tour.
Pineta Palace Hotel
The “Eternal City” is steeped in history, vibrantly alive and exciting, and absolutely unique! Included sightseeing with a Local Guide starts with St. Peter’s Square and Basilica. Other highlights are the iconic Colosseum, the largest amphitheater ever built, and Circus Maximus. An optional visit is available to the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel, world famous for Michelangelo’s impressive fresco of The Last Judgment.
Pineta Palace Hotel
Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning.
- 45-22 days prior to commencement of services: 20% of total price*
- 21-8 days prior to commencement of services: 30% of total price*
- 7-1 days prior to commencement of services: 50% of total price*
- On departure day and later: 100% of total price*
- *Total price does not include any Instant Purchase Air or Instant Purchase Air service fees, which are non-refundable after 24 hours from purchase. Intra-vacation air is non-refundable after final payment.
- Cancellation fees may also apply to any additional services, including extra night accommodations, independently supplied services, and optional excursions reserved prior to, during, and after the tour. If flight changes, including, but not limited to, flight cancellations or name changes, are requested after full land and air deposits are received, revision fees, change fees, or airline cancellation fees will apply.
- In many instances, airline revision or change fees can be up to $300, but in some instances may be up to 100% of the ticket price. Cancellation penalties will be quoted at time of cancellation.
- All cancellations must be received in writing prior to tour departure. The cancellation policy will apply according to the date that the cancellation notification is received. The MINIMUM cancellation penalty is the deposit amount.
- The purchase to trip cancellation insurance is strongly recommended.
Terms and Conditions
- Land only “from price” is per person based on two people sharing a room together and does not include airfare unless expressly stated.
- All prices are in US Dollars.
- A $250 non-refundable, non-transferable, per-person, per-vacation deposit is required to reserve space for you, with some limited exceptions, as noted below. Payment of the deposit indicates you have read and accepted theseall Terms & Conditions. Your booking is not confirmed until the deposit payment is processed and you receive a confirmation invoice.
- Final payment is due 45 days prior to departure, with some limited exceptions, as noted below. Within the final payment date, payment in full is required at time of booking to reserve space. Reservations (land, cruise, and air) are canceled if final payment is not received by the due date. The payment policy may vary for group reservations.
- Additional deposits or payments are required for international air added to the start and/or end of your vacation and/or for intra-vacation air, as specified in the itinerary (“air-inclusive vacations”). Air-inclusive vacation pricing is guaranteed upon receipt of full land plus air deposit or land deposit plus full airfare price, depending on type of airfare purchased (Flex-Air or Instant Purchase Air).
- For complete terms and conditions please visit the Globus Terms & Conditions for more information.