Egypt & Jordan Adventure
Visit some of the most awe-inspiring Middle Eastern sites on this Egypt & Jordan Adventure. From Cairo to Amman witness the incredible Great Pyramids of Giza, pick up souvenirs in colorful bazaars, spend the night stargazing on a traditional felucca, enjoy Bedouin hospitality in a desert camp, try delicious cuisine, explore museums and enjoy some free time to create personal memories.
Be amazed as you experience both the Great Pyramids and Petra. Enjoy a delicious home-cooked meal at a family's Nubian village residence. Stop at a non-profit organization for children who teaches skills to set them up for successful futures. Unique experiences include sleeping on deck of a felucca sailing on the Nile River and in a large tent in a Wadi Rum desert Bedouin camp. Witness the Great Sphinx and incredible treasures in the Egyptian Museum. Enter Petra through the Siq, a stunning red sandstone gorge. See the massive Colossi of Memnon and Amenophis II and descend into tombs of pharaohs in the Valley of Kings to see remarkable paintings from the Book of the Dead. Wallow in healing mud from the Dead Sea. Gaze in wonder at Madaba's famous sixth-century mosaic map of the Middle East and take a guided tour of Karak Castle. From Mount Nebo, gain Moses' perspective as he gazed upon the Promised Land. History, religion, culture and more will capture your interest and heart on this delightful vacation.
15 Days • fr. $2,379
Tour Highlights & Offers
- G FOR GOOD MOMENT: Numeira Community Cafe Lunch, Jordan Valley
- LOCAL LIVING MOMENT: Boat ride to Nubian Village with Traditional Meal, Aswān
- DISCOVER MOMENT: Aswān
- LOCAL LIVING MOMENT: Lunch with a Local Family, Luxor
- LOCAL LIVING MOMENT: Bedouin Camp Overnight, Wadi Rum
- GUIDED TOURS of Pyramids of Giza, Sphinx and Egyptian Museum
- GUIDED EXPLORATIONS Karnak and Kom Ombo temples, Temple of Hatshepsut and Valley of the Kings
- VISIT Colossi of Memnon
- JEEP EXCURSION Wadi Rum
- SPECIALIST LEAD TOUR Petra
- VISIT Karak castles and Madaba mosaics
- FLOAT in Dead Sea
- RELAX at the Red Sea
- OVERNIGHT overnight felucca journey
- BARGAIN in bazaars
- MARVEL at the rock-cut architecture of Petra
- EXPERIENCE magical desert sunset
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Private air-con van, train, plane, felucca, 4x4 pickup truck
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout
- AGE REQUIREMENT: 12+: All travelers under age 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Tips for personal services and to tour directors and drivers are not included in tour cost and left to your discretion.
- All items of a personal nature (room service, beverages, telephone charges, laundry, special food requests, etc.) and meals not specified on the tour itinerary are not included and must be paid by the client.
- All rates exclude airfare unless expressly noted.
- 14 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 4 Dinners
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION - PLEASE READ: Allow USD$320-$420 for meals not included
- Santana Hotel in Cairo, Egypt (1 night)
- Overnight Train from Cairo to Aswan, Egypt (1 night)
- Nile Hotel in Aswan, Egypt (2 nights)
- Felucca Overnight Sailing Excursion from Aswan to Kom Ombo, Egypt (1 night)
- Susanna Hotel in Luxor, Egypt (2 nights)
- Signature Hotel in Amman, Jordan (3 nights)
- Seven Wonders Hotel in Wadi Musa, Jordan (2 nights)
- Al Zawaydah Camp in Wadi Rum, Jordan (1 night)
- My Hotel in Aqaba, Jordan (1 night)
CAIRO Location Information Description
Arrive at any time. There are no planned activities until an evening welcome meeting. Meet your CEO and fellow travelers, and learn more about your tour. Opt to join the group for a local meal afterwards.
CAIRO/ASWAN Location Information Description
Tour the Great Pyramid of Giza and the Sphinx before a guided tour of the Egyptian Museum. Head straight to the pyramids and soak in the history of these majestic structures. Later, visit the Egyptian Museum to see more ancient artifacts. In the evening, board an overnight train to Aswan.
ASWAN Location Information Description
Your train is due to arrive in Aswan early in the morning, but, trains can often be delayed. Enjoy some free time in the morning to browse the souk or walk along the Nile.
Later, board a boat to reach one of the many Nile islands and visit a Nubian village. Walk around the small community, then enjoy a traditional dinner at a local home.
ASWAN Location Information Description
Spend the day exploring Aswan. One of the most fascinating sights in the area is the Temple of Abu Simbel. Later, opt for a half-day tour of the Unfinished Obelisk, High Dam, and Philae Temple. Visit the modern Nubian Museum to learn more about Aswan's local people.
ASWAN/KOM OMBO Location Information Description
Nile River, Egypt
Sail the Nile on a traditional felucca. Board the felucca and spend the rest of the day out on the river and a night sleeping under the stars.
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
KOM OMBO/LUXOR Location Information Description
Enjoy a guided visit Kom Ombo Temple before driving to Luxor. En route, visit the Temple of Karnak. In Luxor wander through the bustling local bazaar and check out the wares for sale. Pick up a few if you like!
LUXOR Location Information Description
Visit the Colossi of Memnon, Valley of the Kings, and the Temple of Hatshepsut. Enjoy lunch with a local family on the West Bank of the Nile. Then explore Luxor at your own pace.
LUXOR/AMMAN Location Information Description
Take a flight from Luxor to Cairo, then transfer to a connecting flight to Amman, Jordan. Free time to explore Amman on arrival.
AMMAN/JERASH/DEAD SEA/AMMAN Location Information Description
Set off on a half-day trip to Jerash, a fascinating site and one of the largest and most well-preserved Roman ruins outside Italy.
Location Information Description
Dead Sea, Jordan
Continue on to the Dead Sea. Known for its high salinity, opt to bob like a cork in the healing water or cover yourself in therapeutic mud. There is also the option to visit the site of Jesus' baptism.
AMMAN/KARAK/PETRA Location Information Description
Depart early for the first stop. Start the day with a guided visit to the intricate Madaba mosaics, enjoying the panoramic views from Mt Nebo and a visit to the crusader castle at Karak built during the Crusades.
Location Information Description
Wadi Musa, Jordan
Arrive in the early evening to Wadi Musa, the town just outside Petra.
Seven Wonders Hotel
PETRA Location Information Description
Wadi Musa, Jordan
Start early to visit iconic Petra. Enjoy a guided walking tour with your CEO, then opt to hike up to the top of the treasury or explore on your own. This evening, opt to visit a Turkish bath or visit Petra by night.
PETRA/WADI RUM Location Information Description
Wadi Rum, Jordan
Opt to visit Little Petra in the morning before continuing to Wadi Rum. Drive to Wadi Rum, a vast, silent landscape of ancient riverbeds and the largest and most magnificent of Jordan's desert landscapes. Head deep into the desert by 4x4 stopping at famous landmarks along the way.
Arrive to the tented camp in time for a traditional meal and learn more about this ancient culture. There is a large, central tent that is traditionally decorated and perfect for relaxing or escaping the cold nights in winter. Your dinner is prepared in traditional fashion, with the meat and vegetables cooked in an underground oven. Soft drinks and water are available for purchase
Al Zawaydah Camp
WADI RUM/AQABA Location Information Description
Drive to the Red Sea resort city of Aqaba. Enjoy free time to enjoy the beach, go snorkeling or check out the city. Make sure to try some fresh seafood for dinner.
My Hotel Aqaba
AQABA/AMMAN Location Information Description
Journey back to Amman. En route stop at a G Adventures- supported community cafe, Numeira Environmental Cafe, to enjoy a traditional Jordanian meal. Take a tour of the grounds and learn about how this small nonprofit is working to create a sustainable future for community members near the Dead Sea.
JORDAN Location Information Description
Depart at any time.
- ALL guests must carefully verify the existing identification requirements for their particular travel situation DIRECTLY WITH THEIR LOCAL CONSULATES OR EMBASSIES or with a visa service, as these requirements may change. Guests without proper documentation may be denied entry and will not be entitled to a refund.
- It is your responsibility to obtain information and to have in your possession all the required documentation and identification required for entry, departure and travel to each country or region. This includes a valid passport and all travel documents required by the relevant governmental authorities including all visas, permits and certificates (including but not limited to vaccination or medical certificates) and insurance policies. You must have a passport that is valid 6 months after the last date of travel with the Tour Operator as set out on your itinerary. You accept full responsibility for obtaining all such documents, visas and permits prior to the start of the Tour, and you are solely responsible for the full amount of costs incurred as a result of missing or defective documentation. You agree that you are responsible for the full amount of any loss or expense incurred by the Tour Operator that is a direct result of your failure to secure or be in possession of proper travel documentation.
- You agree that you are responsible for the full amount of any loss or expense incurred by the Tour Operator that is a direct result of your failure to secure or be in possession of proper travel documentation. The Tour Operator does not provide advice on travel documents and makes no representations or warrantees as to the accuracy or completeness of any information provided on visas, vaccinations, climate, clothing, baggage, or special equipment and you agree that the Tour Operator is not responsible for any errors or omissions in this information.
- Once a booking is cancelled the cancellation fees, if any, will be determined with reference to the date on which notice of cancellation is received by the Tour Operator and are expressed as a percentage of the total price paid for the cancelled Tour, product or service (excluding any insurance products).
- Cancellation received 60 days or more before departure of first product or service in relevant booking: Lifetime Deposit will be held by the Tour Operator in accordance with these Terms, the remainder of the payments made to the Tour Operator in respect of the cancelled product will be refunded.
- Cancellation received 30-59 days before departure of first product or service in relevant booking: Lifetime Deposit will be held by the Tour Operator in accordance with these Terms, an amount equal to 50% of the remainder of the payments made to the Tour Operator in respect of the cancelled Tour will be refunded.
- Cancellation less than 30 days before departure of first product or service in relevant booking: Lifetime Deposit will be held by the Tour Operator in accordance with these Terms, and no further refund will be payable.
- EXPEDITION TOURS: Cancellation 90 days or more before first departure on relevant booking: Lifetime Deposit will be held by the Tour Operator in accordance with these Terms and the remainder of the payments to the Tour Operator for the cancelled Tour will be refunded.
- Cancellation 60-89 days before first departure on relevant booking: Lifetime Deposit will be held by the Tour Operator in accordance with these Terms and an amount equal to 50% of the remainder of the payments made to the Tour Operation for the cancelled Tour will be refunded.
- Cancellation less than 60 days before first departure on relevant booking: Lifetime Deposit will be held by the Tour Operator in accordance with these Terms and no further refund will be payable.
- TAILOR MADE TOURS: Cancellation 90 days or more before first departure on relevant booking: 30% deposit will be held by the Tour Operator in accordance with these Terms and the remainder of the payments to the Tour Operator for the cancelled Tour will be refunded.
- Cancellation 60-89 days before first departure on relevant booking: An amount equal to 50% of the Tour price of the cancelled Tour will be refunded.
- Cancellation less than 60 days before first departure on relevant booking: No refund will be payable.
- CANCELLATION OF PRE AND POST CRUISE ACCOMMODATIONS, ADD-ON PACKAGES, KAYAKING AND THEME PARKS: Cancellation 60 days or more before first departure on relevant booking: All payments made to the Tour Operator will be refunded. Cancellation less than 60 days before first departure on relevant booking: no refund is payable.
- AIRFARE: Total price does not include any Instant Purchase Air or Instant Purchase Air service fees, which are non-refundable after 24 hours from purchase. Intra-vacation air is non-refundable after final payment.
- In many instances, airline revision or change fees can be up to $300, but in some instances may be up to 100% of the ticket price. Cancellation penalties will be quoted at time of cancellation.
- If flight changes, including, but not limited to, flight cancellations or name changes, are requested after full land and air deposits are received, revision fees, change fees, or airline cancellation fees will apply.
- ADDITIONAL SERVICES: Cancellation fees may also apply to any additional services, including extra night accommodations, independently supplied services, and optional excursions reserved prior to, during, and after the tour.
- ALL CANCELLATIONS must be received in writing prior to tour departure. The cancellation policy will apply according to the date that the cancellation notification is received. The MINIMUM cancellation penalty is the deposit amount.
- TRIP INSURANCE: The purchase of trip cancellation insurance is strongly recommended.
Terms and Conditions
- FAMILY TOURS: In order to book a Tour designated as a “Family Tour” by the Tour Operator, you must be travelling as part of a “Family Unit”. A “Family Unit” is a group of two or more persons travelling and booking together, where at least one person is a minor in the care of at least one of the accompanying adults. One minor may accompany one or more adults for the purposes of being considered a Family Unit. The Tour Operator reserves the right to cancel the booking of anyone travelling or planning to travel on a Family Tour who, in the Tour Operator’s sole discretion, do not properly constitute a Family Unit in accordance with this section or otherwise does not meet the Tour Operator’s requirements for participation in a Family Tour.
- 18-to-THIRTYSOMETHINGS TOURS: To travel on a “18-to-Thirtysomethings” Tour, you must be at least 18 years of age as of the date of first travel and comply with any other age restrictions as may be promulgated from time to time by G Adventures.
- EXPEDITION TOURS: Medical Form for Expedition Tours: The Tour Operator’s Medical Form is mandatory for all Expedition Tours. You must return your Medical Form signed by a licensed and practicing physician to the Tour Operator prior to or at the time of final payment for the applicable booking.
- The Vessel used in Expedition Tours carries onboard service providers, which may include medical staff, spa personnel, or entertainers who operate as independent contractors. Their services and products are charged as Optional Extras and they contract directly with you to provide any products and services you request. Neither the Tour Operator nor the Carrier is responsible for these Optional Extras and will not be liable for the acts or omissions of these service providers.
- Shore excursions on Expedition Tours (“Shore Excursions”) are subject to their own set of terms and conditions, separate and apart from these Terms, and may be reserved after an Expedition Tour has been booked and confirmed. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are fit to participate in Shore Excursions.
- NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC JOURNEYS WITH G ADVENTURES AND NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC FAMILY JOURNEYS: National Geographic Partners, LLC (for purposes of these Terms, collectively “NGP”) will provide educational enrichment as outlined in its catalog and on its website (nationalgeographicjourneys.com) and has licensed G Adventures to organize and administer National Geographic Journeys tours. The Tour Operator is solely responsible for arranging and providing all the services and accommodations offered to you in connection with the Tour.
- By booking or traveling on a Tour, you certify that you do not have any mental, physical, or other condition that would create a hazard for yourself or other participants. NGP and the Tour Operator reserve the right in their sole discretion to accept, decline or remove any person on a Tour. NGP and the Tour Operator reserve the right, without penalty, to make changes in the published itinerary whenever, in their judgment, they deem it necessary for your comfort, convenience, or safety and in accordance with these Terms.
- In order to book a National Geographic Family Journeys Tour, you must be travelling as part of a “Family Unit”. A “Family Unit” is a group of two or more persons travelling and booking together, where at least one person is a minor in the care of at least one of the accompanying adults. One minor may accompany one or more adults for the purposes of being considered a Family Unit. The Tour Operator reserves the right to cancel the booking of anyone travelling or planning to travel on a National Geographic Family Journeys Tour who, in the Tour Operator’s sole discretion, do not properly constitute a Family Unit in accordance with this section or otherwise does not meet the Tour Operator’s requirements for participation in a National Geographic Family Journeys Tour.
- TAILORMADE TOURS: Price Validity: Upon receipt of your TailorMade booking request the Tour Operator will provide you with a quote for the chosen Tour. Prices quoted for all TailorMade Tours are valid until the date indicated on the quote, after which time the Tour Operator reserves the right to provide you with a revised quote. Any modifications to a TailorMade itinerary, including dates or number of people travelling, will be subject to a revised quote.
- ALL TOURS: Tour prices do not include international or other airfare unless expressly mentioned in the Tour’s descriptions. The Tour Operator will quote the best price available for the travel dates requested at the time the quote is prepared. Quotes provide an estimate only and are not a firm price commitment by the Tour Operator or the applicable air carrier(s).
- The Tour Operator acts only as a sales agent for the applicable air carrier and the air carrier terms and conditions apply to the purchase and use of the air travel ticket. Please consult the air carrier’s applicable terms and conditions and conditions of carriage for complete information including applicable cancellation terms. The Tour Operator is not responsible for changes in air itineraries or flight times and does not provide advice or alerts regarding air travel tickets, flight status or delays.
- All prices are in US Dollars.
- You acknowledge that the nature of adventure travel requires flexibility and acknowledge that you will permit reasonable alterations to products, services or itineraries by the Tour Operator. The route, schedules, accommodations, activities, amenities and mode of transportation are subject to change without notice due to unforeseeable circumstances or events outside the control of the Tour Operator (including but not limited to Force Majeure, illness, mechanical breakdown, flight cancellations, strikes, political events and entry or border difficulties). No reimbursements, discounts or refunds will be issued for services that are missed or unused after departure due to no fault of the Tour Operator, including your removal from a Tour because of your negligence or breach of these Terms.
- The Tour Operator may modify your itinerary where reasonably required in its sole discretion. If the Tour Operator makes a change affecting at least one in three full days of the itinerary or which materially affects the character of a product or service in its entirety (a “Material Change”), the Tour Operator will provide notice to you as soon as reasonably possible, provided that there is sufficient time to do so before departure. If a Material Change is made more than 14 days before departure, you may choose to do the following:
- i) accept the Material Change and proceed with the amended product or service; ii) book another product or service of equal or greater value, if available (you will be responsible for paying any difference in price); or iii) book another product or service of lesser value, if available (with a refund payable to you for the difference in price); or iv) cancel the amended product or service and receive a full refund for the land-only portion of the applicable product or service (a refund is not available for other products or services booked which are not subject to a Material Change). You must notify the Tour Operator of your choice within 7 days of receiving notice or you will be deemed to accept the amended itinerary.
- Once a Tour has departed, itinerary changes may be necessary as a result of unforeseen circumstances, operational concerns, or concerns for your health, safety, enjoyment or comfort. Any changes are at the discretion of the Tour Operator. You acknowledge that you must have reasonable financial resources to cover incidental expenses during all travel with the Tour Operator, whether or not such expenses arise from a change of itinerary, and the Tour Operator is not liable for your failure to prepare adequately for travel and unforeseen circumstances which may arise during travel. The Tour Operator will not be liable for any indirect and or consequential losses associated with any changes to a booking or itinerary.
- Changes made by you: You are responsible for ensuring that information provided to the Tour Operator is accurate and up-to-date. Any changes to your name on any booking are subject to the Tour Operator’s approval. Any changes to a booking depend on availability and are subject to the Tour Operator’s approval and these Terms. Any extra costs incurred for making the change will be charged to you along with an administrative fee. Cancellation of any Tour, product or service included in a booking will not be considered a change for purposes of this section and will be governed by the applicable cancellation terms. No changes are permitted to any booking within 10 days of departure of the first product or service on the applicable booking.
- For complete terms and conditions please visit the G Adventures Terms & Conditions for more information.