Explore Southern Thailand
National Geographic Journeys
Visit some of Asia's most gorgeous beaches on an Explore Southern Thailand tour. Travel via tuk-tuk through the colorful villages of Ko Klang Island, enjoy watersports in Krabi, hike in Khao Sok rainforest, unwind and dine on the beach in Ko Samui among other relaxing and interesting activities.
Popular among those seeking a vacation brimming with beautiful scenery and a laid-back vibe, visitors have been flocking to Southern Thailand for years. Explore scenic villages, traditional farming communities via motorized tuk-tuks. Take advantage of the incredible snorkel and kayak opportunities in the crystalline waters surrounding Ko Samui. Accompany an expert tracker on a nighttime hike in the rainforest followed by a delicious campfire dinner to the sounds of a nocturnal wildlife orchestra serenading you. Meet local villagers and gain insight into their daily lives and culture. Marvel at prehistoric paintings and fascinating rock formations in Khao Khanap Nam cave. Indulge in a delicious lunch on a local farm created with local organic ingredients. Enjoy the serenity of white sand beaches, turquoise water and emerald green cliffs. Perfect for honeymoon travel, anniversary vacations, retirement celebrations or simply time for a holiday getaway, this is an ideal travel experience.
8 Days • fr. $1,849
Tour Highlights & Offers
- G FOR GOOD MOMENT: Kao Thep Pitak Community-Owned Farm & Meal, Ban Ta Khun
- JOURNEYS HIGHLIGHT MOMENT: Rainforest Eco-Walk & Dinner, Khao Sok
- JOURNEYS HIGHLIGHT MOMENT: Krabi Village Excursion, Krabi
- EXCURSIONS in Ko Mat Sum and Ko Taen
- LONGTAIL BOAT ride across scenic Krabi River
- GUIDED TOUR motorized tricycle, tuk-tuk, through Krabi’s villages
- KAYAK around secluded islands Ko Mat Sum and Ko Taen
- LOOK for wildlife in pristine rainforest of Khao Sok National Park
- STROLL along white-sand beaches
- TREK through lush rainforest
- SNORKEL crystalline waters in Gulf of Thailand & Andaman Sea
- SAVOR a local lunch on the beach
- STAY in a sustainable, community-focused eco-lodge
- ENJOY campfire dinner accompanied by the music of the jungle
- VISIT Khao Khanap Nam cave to view prehistoric paintings
- VISIT rubber plantation, rice fields, and a batik workshop
- MEET villagers, learn about generations old agricultural and artisanal techniques
- Internal flights
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Private bus, minivan, boat, walking, plane
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout, local guides
- Age requirement: 12+ All travelers under age 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Tips for personal services and to tour directors and drivers are not included in tour cost and left to your discretion.
- All items of a personal nature (room service, beverages, telephone charges, laundry, special food requests, etc.) and meals not specified on the tour itinerary are not included and must be paid by the client.
- All rates exclude airfare unless expressly noted.
- 7 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches, 1 Dinners
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION - PLEASE READ: Allow USD$105-$140 for meals not included
- Hyatt Place Bangkok Sukhumvit in Bangkok (1 night)
- Mercure Samui Chaweng Tana Hotel in Ko Samui (2 nights)
- Anurak Community Lodge in Khao Sok (2 nights)
- Deevana Plaza Krabi Aonang in Krabi (2 nights)
BANGKOK Location Information Description
Arrive at any time; your arrival transfer is included. You are welcome to arrive at any time on day 1, but please note that hotel check-in time is 14:00. The adventure begins tonight. Feel free to explore before your welcome meeting, but make sure you’re back in time to meet the group. After introductions, your CEO will review the details of your tour.
Hyatt Place Bangkok Sukhumvit
BANGKOK/KO SAMUI Location Information Description
Ko Samui, Thailand
This morning, transfer to the airport in Bangkok and catch a flight to the tropical island of Ko Samui, bordered by the sapphire waters off Thailand’s southeast coast. Settle into your hotel and enjoy a free afternoon to relax by the pool, stroll along a white-sand beach, or explore the local village.
Mercure Samui Chaweng Tana Hotel
KO SAMUI Location Information Description
Ko Samui, Thailand
After breakfast, board a traditional longtail boat and travel off the tourist trail to the pristine islands of Ko Mat Sum and Ko Taen.
Savor a local lunch on the beach, then choose to explore by kayak or snorkel. Glide past green-shrouded cliffs and tranquil lagoons, or don a mask and fins to delve into vibrant underwater worlds.
Mercure Samui Chaweng Tana Hotel
KO SAMUI/KHAO SOK Location Information Description
Khao Sok, Thailand
Catch the ferry back to the mainland and drive to Kao Thep Pitak, a community-owned farm supported by G Adventures. Enjoy a lunch of local specialties and take a stroll through the surrounding fruit orchards.
Continue to Khao Sok National Park, where you will settle into a sustainable, community-focused eco-lodge located just outside the park boundary. This evening, venture into the rainforest park on a nighttime walk with a community guide, then gather for a campfire dinner surrounded by the music of the jungle.
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Anurak Community Lodge
KHAO SOK Location Information Description
Khao Sok, Thailand
Khao Sok National Park is southern Thailand’s largest area of virgin rainforest, encompassing a breathtaking wilderness of karst peaks, turquoise lakes, and tropical rainforest that stretch along the southwest coast. Explore the park on your own today, choosing between a variety of optional jungle activities. Head out for a hike in search of monkeys and tropical birds inhabiting the dense canopy. Soak in steaming hot springs, glide down the sparkling Sok River aboard a canoe, or set out on a cycling tour of the park’s winding trails.
Anurak Community Lodge
KHAO SOK/KRABI Location Information Description
This morning, drive south to Krabi, situated on Thailand’s tropical southwest coast. Cross the Krabi River by private longtail boat, gliding past mangrove forests and limestone peaks. Venture into the Khao Khanap Nam cave to view prehistoric paintings and fascinating rock formations.
Later, head to Ko Klang island and board motorized tricycle tuk-tuks to explore local communities and traditional industries, including a rubber plantation, rice fields, and a batik workshop. Chat with villagers and learn about timeless agricultural and artisanal techniques passed down over generations.
Deevana Plaza Krabi Aonang
KRABI Location Information Description
Enjoy a full day of free time to relax at the hotel or explore Krabi. Opt to catch a tuk-tuk to Ao Nang beach, overlooked by towering, vine-draped limestone cliffs. Choose to navigate the turquoise waters of the Andaman Sea by kayak, or snorkel among colorful tropical fish. Discover the idyllic beaches of the Ko Phi Phi islands by speedboat on an optional day trip.
Deevana Plaza Krabi Aonang
KRABI/BANGKOK Location Information Description
This morning, return to Bangkok, where your trip concludes. The tour ends at Suvarnabhumi Airport (Bangkok Airport).
- DEPARTURE FLIGHT This trip ends at the Bangkok airport mid-to-late afternoon on Day 8. Flight times can vary and are always based on availability. Please do not book any flights from Bangkok until after 3PM to ensure you have enough time to catch your forward flight. We also can arrange post-night accommodation in Bangkok - please speak to your agent for details.
- It is your responsibility to obtain information and to have in your possession all the required documentation and identification required for entry, departure and travel to each country or region. This includes a valid passport and all travel documents required by the relevant governmental authorities including all visas, permits and certificates (including but not limited to vaccination or medical certificates) and insurance policies. You must have a passport that is valid 6 months after the last date of travel with the Tour Operator as set out on your itinerary. You accept full responsibility for obtaining all such documents, visas and permits prior to the start of the Tour, and you are solely responsible for the full amount of costs incurred as a result of missing or defective documentation. You agree that you are responsible for the full amount of any loss or expense incurred by the Tour Operator that is a direct result of your failure to secure or be in possession of proper travel documentation.
- You agree that you are responsible for the full amount of any loss or expense incurred by the Tour Operator that is a direct result of your failure to secure or be in possession of proper travel documentation. The Tour Operator does not provide advice on travel documents and makes no representations or warrantees as to the accuracy or completeness of any information provided on visas, vaccinations, climate, clothing, baggage, or special equipment and you agree that the Tour Operator is not responsible for any errors or omissions in this information.
- Once a booking is cancelled the cancellation fees, if any, will be determined with reference to the date on which notice of cancellation is received by the Tour Operator and are expressed as a percentage of the total price paid for the cancelled Tour, product or service (excluding any insurance products).
- Cancellation received 60 days or more before departure of first product or service in relevant booking: Lifetime Deposit will be held by the Tour Operator in accordance with these Terms, the remainder of the payments made to the Tour Operator in respect of the cancelled product will be refunded.
- Cancellation received 30-59 days before departure of first product or service in relevant booking: Lifetime Deposit will be held by the Tour Operator in accordance with these Terms, an amount equal to 50% of the remainder of the payments made to the Tour Operator in respect of the cancelled Tour will be refunded.
- Cancellation less than 30 days before departure of first product or service in relevant booking: Lifetime Deposit will be held by the Tour Operator in accordance with these Terms, and no further refund will be payable.
- EXPEDITION TOURS: Cancellation 90 days or more before first departure on relevant booking: Lifetime Deposit will be held by the Tour Operator in accordance with these Terms and the remainder of the payments to the Tour Operator for the cancelled Tour will be refunded.
- Cancellation 60-89 days before first departure on relevant booking: Lifetime Deposit will be held by the Tour Operator in accordance with these Terms and an amount equal to 50% of the remainder of the payments made to the Tour Operation for the cancelled Tour will be refunded.
- Cancellation less than 60 days before first departure on relevant booking: Lifetime Deposit will be held by the Tour Operator in accordance with these Terms and no further refund will be payable.
- TAILOR MADE TOURS: Cancellation 90 days or more before first departure on relevant booking: 30% deposit will be held by the Tour Operator in accordance with these Terms and the remainder of the payments to the Tour Operator for the cancelled Tour will be refunded.
- Cancellation 60-89 days before first departure on relevant booking: An amount equal to 50% of the Tour price of the cancelled Tour will be refunded.
- Cancellation less than 60 days before first departure on relevant booking: No refund will be payable.
- CANCELLATION OF PRE AND POST CRUISE ACCOMMODATIONS, ADD-ON PACKAGES, KAYAKING AND THEME PARKS: Cancellation 60 days or more before first departure on relevant booking: All payments made to the Tour Operator will be refunded. Cancellation less than 60 days before first departure on relevant booking: no refund is payable.
- AIRFARE: Total price does not include any Instant Purchase Air or Instant Purchase Air service fees, which are non-refundable after 24 hours from purchase. Intra-vacation air is non-refundable after final payment.
- In many instances, airline revision or change fees can be up to $300, but in some instances may be up to 100% of the ticket price. Cancellation penalties will be quoted at time of cancellation.
- If flight changes, including, but not limited to, flight cancellations or name changes, are requested after full land and air deposits are received, revision fees, change fees, or airline cancellation fees will apply.
- ADDITIONAL SERVICES: Cancellation fees may also apply to any additional services, including extra night accommodations, independently supplied services, and optional excursions reserved prior to, during, and after the tour.
- ALL CANCELLATIONS must be received in writing prior to tour departure. The cancellation policy will apply according to the date that the cancellation notification is received. The MINIMUM cancellation penalty is the deposit amount.
- TRIP INSURANCE: The purchase of trip cancellation insurance is strongly recommended.
Terms and Conditions
- FAMILY TOURS: In order to book a Tour designated as a “Family Tour” by the Tour Operator, you must be travelling as part of a “Family Unit”. A “Family Unit” is a group of two or more persons travelling and booking together, where at least one person is a minor in the care of at least one of the accompanying adults. One minor may accompany one or more adults for the purposes of being considered a Family Unit. The Tour Operator reserves the right to cancel the booking of anyone travelling or planning to travel on a Family Tour who, in the Tour Operator’s sole discretion, do not properly constitute a Family Unit in accordance with this section or otherwise does not meet the Tour Operator’s requirements for participation in a Family Tour.
- 18-to-THIRTYSOMETHINGS TOURS: To travel on a “18-to-Thirtysomethings” Tour, you must be at least 18 years of age as of the date of first travel and comply with any other age restrictions as may be promulgated from time to time by G Adventures.
- EXPEDITION TOURS: Medical Form for Expedition Tours: The Tour Operator’s Medical Form is mandatory for all Expedition Tours. You must return your Medical Form signed by a licensed and practicing physician to the Tour Operator prior to or at the time of final payment for the applicable booking.
- The Vessel used in Expedition Tours carries onboard service providers, which may include medical staff, spa personnel, or entertainers who operate as independent contractors. Their services and products are charged as Optional Extras and they contract directly with you to provide any products and services you request. Neither the Tour Operator nor the Carrier is responsible for these Optional Extras and will not be liable for the acts or omissions of these service providers.
- Shore excursions on Expedition Tours (“Shore Excursions”) are subject to their own set of terms and conditions, separate and apart from these Terms, and may be reserved after an Expedition Tour has been booked and confirmed. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are fit to participate in Shore Excursions.
- NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC JOURNEYS WITH G ADVENTURES AND NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC FAMILY JOURNEYS: National Geographic Partners, LLC (for purposes of these Terms, collectively “NGP”) will provide educational enrichment as outlined in its catalog and on its website (nationalgeographicjourneys.com) and has licensed G Adventures to organize and administer National Geographic Journeys tours. The Tour Operator is solely responsible for arranging and providing all the services and accommodations offered to you in connection with the Tour.
- By booking or traveling on a Tour, you certify that you do not have any mental, physical, or other condition that would create a hazard for yourself or other participants. NGP and the Tour Operator reserve the right in their sole discretion to accept, decline or remove any person on a Tour. NGP and the Tour Operator reserve the right, without penalty, to make changes in the published itinerary whenever, in their judgment, they deem it necessary for your comfort, convenience, or safety and in accordance with these Terms.
- In order to book a National Geographic Family Journeys Tour, you must be travelling as part of a “Family Unit”. A “Family Unit” is a group of two or more persons travelling and booking together, where at least one person is a minor in the care of at least one of the accompanying adults. One minor may accompany one or more adults for the purposes of being considered a Family Unit. The Tour Operator reserves the right to cancel the booking of anyone travelling or planning to travel on a National Geographic Family Journeys Tour who, in the Tour Operator’s sole discretion, do not properly constitute a Family Unit in accordance with this section or otherwise does not meet the Tour Operator’s requirements for participation in a National Geographic Family Journeys Tour.
- TAILORMADE TOURS: Price Validity: Upon receipt of your TailorMade booking request the Tour Operator will provide you with a quote for the chosen Tour. Prices quoted for all TailorMade Tours are valid until the date indicated on the quote, after which time the Tour Operator reserves the right to provide you with a revised quote. Any modifications to a TailorMade itinerary, including dates or number of people travelling, will be subject to a revised quote.
- ALL TOURS: Tour prices do not include international or other airfare unless expressly mentioned in the Tour’s descriptions. The Tour Operator will quote the best price available for the travel dates requested at the time the quote is prepared. Quotes provide an estimate only and are not a firm price commitment by the Tour Operator or the applicable air carrier(s).
- The Tour Operator acts only as a sales agent for the applicable air carrier and the air carrier terms and conditions apply to the purchase and use of the air travel ticket. Please consult the air carrier’s applicable terms and conditions and conditions of carriage for complete information including applicable cancellation terms. The Tour Operator is not responsible for changes in air itineraries or flight times and does not provide advice or alerts regarding air travel tickets, flight status or delays.
- All prices are in US Dollars.
- You acknowledge that the nature of adventure travel requires flexibility and acknowledge that you will permit reasonable alterations to products, services or itineraries by the Tour Operator. The route, schedules, accommodations, activities, amenities and mode of transportation are subject to change without notice due to unforeseeable circumstances or events outside the control of the Tour Operator (including but not limited to Force Majeure, illness, mechanical breakdown, flight cancellations, strikes, political events and entry or border difficulties). No reimbursements, discounts or refunds will be issued for services that are missed or unused after departure due to no fault of the Tour Operator, including your removal from a Tour because of your negligence or breach of these Terms.
- The Tour Operator may modify your itinerary where reasonably required in its sole discretion. If the Tour Operator makes a change affecting at least one in three full days of the itinerary or which materially affects the character of a product or service in its entirety (a “Material Change”), the Tour Operator will provide notice to you as soon as reasonably possible, provided that there is sufficient time to do so before departure. If a Material Change is made more than 14 days before departure, you may choose to do the following:
- i) accept the Material Change and proceed with the amended product or service; ii) book another product or service of equal or greater value, if available (you will be responsible for paying any difference in price); or iii) book another product or service of lesser value, if available (with a refund payable to you for the difference in price); or iv) cancel the amended product or service and receive a full refund for the land-only portion of the applicable product or service (a refund is not available for other products or services booked which are not subject to a Material Change). You must notify the Tour Operator of your choice within 7 days of receiving notice or you will be deemed to accept the amended itinerary.
- Once a Tour has departed, itinerary changes may be necessary as a result of unforeseen circumstances, operational concerns, or concerns for your health, safety, enjoyment or comfort. Any changes are at the discretion of the Tour Operator. You acknowledge that you must have reasonable financial resources to cover incidental expenses during all travel with the Tour Operator, whether or not such expenses arise from a change of itinerary, and the Tour Operator is not liable for your failure to prepare adequately for travel and unforeseen circumstances which may arise during travel. The Tour Operator will not be liable for any indirect and or consequential losses associated with any changes to a booking or itinerary.
- Changes made by you: You are responsible for ensuring that information provided to the Tour Operator is accurate and up-to-date. Any changes to your name on any booking are subject to the Tour Operator’s approval. Any changes to a booking depend on availability and are subject to the Tour Operator’s approval and these Terms. Any extra costs incurred for making the change will be charged to you along with an administrative fee. Cancellation of any Tour, product or service included in a booking will not be considered a change for purposes of this section and will be governed by the applicable cancellation terms. No changes are permitted to any booking within 10 days of departure of the first product or service on the applicable booking.
- For complete terms and conditions please visit the G Adventures Terms & Conditions for more information.