Halloween in Transylvania
Begin an epic adventure navigating history and lore on a Halloween in Romania escorted tour. Holiday vacation highlights From Bucharest to Bran, Sibiu, Sighi?oara, Brasov include gothic architecture, beautiful forests, delicious food, factual and storied history along with a once-in-a-lifetime Halloween costume party in Dracula's castle.
Pack your bags, and Halloween costume, for an exciting journey. Admire stunning frescoes and intricate inscriptions throughout the Byzantine, Curtea de Arges Monastery. Walk up over 1,400 steps to the remains of one of Vlad Tepes main fortresses, Poenari Castle. Beautiful scenery surrounds you as you travel to the stunning UNESCO World Heritage site, Sighi?oara a walled medieval town. After your tour, try Romanian cuisine at Casa Dracula, the original home of Vlad, now a restaurant specializing in hearty local dishes. Visit the Rupea citadel, a 14th century fortress near the Carpathian Mountains and one of Romania's oldest archaeological sites. Attend a Halloween costume party in one of Europe's most haunted places, Bran Castle, complete with a castle tour from the Prince of Darkness, himself. On an islet is the historic 14th century, Snagov Monastery rumored to be the last resting place of Vlad the Impaler. Gorgeous structures and scenery, a deep dive into facts and fiction and unique memories await you.
7 Days • fr. $1,274
Tour Highlights & Offers
- STEP into into Bram Stoker's world
- ATTEND a special Halloween costume party in haunted Bran castle
- EXPLORE medieval towns including Old World cities of Bran and Bucharest
- LEARN the true story of the infamous Vlad the Impaler
- VISIT ruins of Dracula's Poenari Castle
- ORIENTATION WALKS in Sibiu and Sighișoara
- VISIT Rupea Citadel
- TOUR Snagov Monastery
- GUIDED TOUR Bucharest
- ADMIRE stunning Gothic architecture
- SEE lush forests
- MEET friendly locals
- EXPLORE Curtea de Arges Monastery
- VISIT the birth town of Vlad "The Impaler" Tepes
- WITNESS beautiful old German villages as you travel
- SEE Sighișoara's Clock Tower, Scholar's Stairs and the Citadel
- EXPLORE quaint Braşov's baroque architecture and beautiful squares
- Tips for personal services and to tour directors and drivers are not included in tour cost and left to your discretion.
- All items of a personal nature (room service, beverages, telephone charges, laundry, special food requests, etc.) and meals not specified on the tour itinerary are not included and must be paid by the client.
- All rates exclude airfare unless expressly noted.
- 6 Breakfasts 1 Dinner
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION - PLEASE READ: Allow USD$130-$170 for meals not included
- Hotel Ibis Bucharest Palatul Parlamentului in Bucharest (2 nights)
- Ibis Sibiu Centre in Sibiu (1 night)
- Hotel Korona in Sighișoara (1 night)
- Ambient Hotel Brasov in Bran (2 nights)
BUCHAREST Location Information Description
Arrive at any time. There are no activities planned until the evening welcome meeting. Meet your CEO and fellow travelers, and learn more about your tour. Opt to join the group for a local meal afterwards.
Hotel Ibis Bucharest Palatul Parlamentului
BUCHAREST/SIBIU Location Information Description
Visit the ruins of Dracula's Poenari Castle, and stunning Curtea de Arges Monastery en route to Sibiu. Enjoy an orientation walk upon arrival. Opt to visit the art-focused Brukenthal Museum.
Ibis Sibiu Centre
SIBIU/SIGHISOARA Location Information Description
Continue on to Sighisoara with an orientation walk upon arrival. Enjoy some free time to explore the birthplace of Vlad "The Impaler" Tepes, also known as Dracula. Journey on to Sighisoara through a route that winds through beautiful old german villages. After arriving in Sighisoara, take a tour of the old town, and learn about the birth story of Vlad "The Impaler".
SIGHISOARA/BRASOV Location Information Description
Stop for a visit at Rupea citadel, a 14th century fortress, en route to Brasov. On arrival, head out for an orientation walk and explore this quaint town's baroque architecture and beautiful squares.
Ambient Hotel Brasov
BRASOV Location Information Description
Bran Castle, Romania
Enjoy time in Brasov before traveling to Bran to attend a Halloween party at "Dracula's Castle". Don’t forget your costume for a party at Bran Castle, rumored to be a one of the most haunted places in Europe. After a guided tour of the castle by Dracula himself, party well into the night…if you dare!
Ambient Hotel Brasov
BRASOV/BUCHAREST Location Information Description
Travel back to Bucharest via Snagov Monastery, then enjoy an orientation walk upon arrival. Opt for a final night out on the town. Enjoy free time to explore Bucharest's many attractions, including one of its best museums, the Museum of the Romanian Peasant.
Hotel Ibis Bucharest Palatul Parlamentului
BUCHAREST Location Information Description
Depart at any time.
- Once a booking is cancelled the cancellation fees, if any, will be determined with reference to the date on which notice of cancellation is received by the Tour Operator and are expressed as a percentage of the total price paid for the cancelled Tour, product or service (excluding any insurance products).
- Cancellation received 60 days or more before departure of first product or service in relevant booking: Lifetime Deposit will be held by the Tour Operator in accordance with these Terms, the remainder of the payments made to the Tour Operator in respect of the cancelled product will be refunded.
- Cancellation received 30-59 days before departure of first product or service in relevant booking: Lifetime Deposit will be held by the Tour Operator in accordance with these Terms, an amount equal to 50% of the remainder of the payments made to the Tour Operator in respect of the cancelled Tour will be refunded.
- Cancellation less than 30 days before departure of first product or service in relevant booking: Lifetime Deposit will be held by the Tour Operator in accordance with these Terms, and no further refund will be payable.
- EXPEDITION TOURS: Cancellation 90 days or more before first departure on relevant booking: Lifetime Deposit will be held by the Tour Operator in accordance with these Terms and the remainder of the payments to the Tour Operator for the cancelled Tour will be refunded.
- Cancellation 60-89 days before first departure on relevant booking: Lifetime Deposit will be held by the Tour Operator in accordance with these Terms and an amount equal to 50% of the remainder of the payments made to the Tour Operation for the cancelled Tour will be refunded.
- Cancellation less than 60 days before first departure on relevant booking: Lifetime Deposit will be held by the Tour Operator in accordance with these Terms and no further refund will be payable.
- TAILOR MADE TOURS: Cancellation 90 days or more before first departure on relevant booking: 30% deposit will be held by the Tour Operator in accordance with these Terms and the remainder of the payments to the Tour Operator for the cancelled Tour will be refunded.
- Cancellation 60-89 days before first departure on relevant booking: An amount equal to 50% of the Tour price of the cancelled Tour will be refunded.
- Cancellation less than 60 days before first departure on relevant booking: No refund will be payable.
- CANCELLATION OF PRE AND POST CRUISE ACCOMMODATIONS, ADD-ON PACKAGES, KAYAKING AND THEME PARKS: Cancellation 60 days or more before first departure on relevant booking: All payments made to the Tour Operator will be refunded. Cancellation less than 60 days before first departure on relevant booking: no refund is payable.
- AIRFARE: Total price does not include any Instant Purchase Air or Instant Purchase Air service fees, which are non-refundable after 24 hours from purchase. Intra-vacation air is non-refundable after final payment.
- In many instances, airline revision or change fees can be up to $300, but in some instances may be up to 100% of the ticket price. Cancellation penalties will be quoted at time of cancellation.
- If flight changes, including, but not limited to, flight cancellations or name changes, are requested after full land and air deposits are received, revision fees, change fees, or airline cancellation fees will apply.
- ADDITIONAL SERVICES: Cancellation fees may also apply to any additional services, including extra night accommodations, independently supplied services, and optional excursions reserved prior to, during, and after the tour.
- ALL CANCELLATIONS must be received in writing prior to tour departure. The cancellation policy will apply according to the date that the cancellation notification is received. The MINIMUM cancellation penalty is the deposit amount.
- TRIP INSURANCE: The purchase of trip cancellation insurance is strongly recommended.
Terms and Conditions
- FAMILY TOURS: In order to book a Tour designated as a “Family Tour” by the Tour Operator, you must be travelling as part of a “Family Unit”. A “Family Unit” is a group of two or more persons travelling and booking together, where at least one person is a minor in the care of at least one of the accompanying adults. One minor may accompany one or more adults for the purposes of being considered a Family Unit. The Tour Operator reserves the right to cancel the booking of anyone travelling or planning to travel on a Family Tour who, in the Tour Operator’s sole discretion, do not properly constitute a Family Unit in accordance with this section or otherwise does not meet the Tour Operator’s requirements for participation in a Family Tour.
- 18-to-THIRTYSOMETHINGS TOURS: To travel on a “18-to-Thirtysomethings” Tour, you must be at least 18 years of age as of the date of first travel and comply with any other age restrictions as may be promulgated from time to time by G Adventures.
- EXPEDITION TOURS: Medical Form for Expedition Tours: The Tour Operator’s Medical Form is mandatory for all Expedition Tours. You must return your Medical Form signed by a licensed and practicing physician to the Tour Operator prior to or at the time of final payment for the applicable booking.
- The Vessel used in Expedition Tours carries onboard service providers, which may include medical staff, spa personnel, or entertainers who operate as independent contractors. Their services and products are charged as Optional Extras and they contract directly with you to provide any products and services you request. Neither the Tour Operator nor the Carrier is responsible for these Optional Extras and will not be liable for the acts or omissions of these service providers.
- Shore excursions on Expedition Tours (“Shore Excursions”) are subject to their own set of terms and conditions, separate and apart from these Terms, and may be reserved after an Expedition Tour has been booked and confirmed. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are fit to participate in Shore Excursions.
- NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC JOURNEYS WITH G ADVENTURES AND NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC FAMILY JOURNEYS: National Geographic Partners, LLC (for purposes of these Terms, collectively “NGP”) will provide educational enrichment as outlined in its catalog and on its website (nationalgeographicjourneys.com) and has licensed G Adventures to organize and administer National Geographic Journeys tours. The Tour Operator is solely responsible for arranging and providing all the services and accommodations offered to you in connection with the Tour.
- By booking or traveling on a Tour, you certify that you do not have any mental, physical, or other condition that would create a hazard for yourself or other participants. NGP and the Tour Operator reserve the right in their sole discretion to accept, decline or remove any person on a Tour. NGP and the Tour Operator reserve the right, without penalty, to make changes in the published itinerary whenever, in their judgment, they deem it necessary for your comfort, convenience, or safety and in accordance with these Terms.
- In order to book a National Geographic Family Journeys Tour, you must be travelling as part of a “Family Unit”. A “Family Unit” is a group of two or more persons travelling and booking together, where at least one person is a minor in the care of at least one of the accompanying adults. One minor may accompany one or more adults for the purposes of being considered a Family Unit. The Tour Operator reserves the right to cancel the booking of anyone travelling or planning to travel on a National Geographic Family Journeys Tour who, in the Tour Operator’s sole discretion, do not properly constitute a Family Unit in accordance with this section or otherwise does not meet the Tour Operator’s requirements for participation in a National Geographic Family Journeys Tour.
- TAILORMADE TOURS: Price Validity: Upon receipt of your TailorMade booking request the Tour Operator will provide you with a quote for the chosen Tour. Prices quoted for all TailorMade Tours are valid until the date indicated on the quote, after which time the Tour Operator reserves the right to provide you with a revised quote. Any modifications to a TailorMade itinerary, including dates or number of people travelling, will be subject to a revised quote.
- ALL TOURS: Tour prices do not include international or other airfare unless expressly mentioned in the Tour’s descriptions. The Tour Operator will quote the best price available for the travel dates requested at the time the quote is prepared. Quotes provide an estimate only and are not a firm price commitment by the Tour Operator or the applicable air carrier(s).
- The Tour Operator acts only as a sales agent for the applicable air carrier and the air carrier terms and conditions apply to the purchase and use of the air travel ticket. Please consult the air carrier’s applicable terms and conditions and conditions of carriage for complete information including applicable cancellation terms. The Tour Operator is not responsible for changes in air itineraries or flight times and does not provide advice or alerts regarding air travel tickets, flight status or delays.
- All prices are in US Dollars.
- You acknowledge that the nature of adventure travel requires flexibility and acknowledge that you will permit reasonable alterations to products, services or itineraries by the Tour Operator. The route, schedules, accommodations, activities, amenities and mode of transportation are subject to change without notice due to unforeseeable circumstances or events outside the control of the Tour Operator (including but not limited to Force Majeure, illness, mechanical breakdown, flight cancellations, strikes, political events and entry or border difficulties). No reimbursements, discounts or refunds will be issued for services that are missed or unused after departure due to no fault of the Tour Operator, including your removal from a Tour because of your negligence or breach of these Terms.
- The Tour Operator may modify your itinerary where reasonably required in its sole discretion. If the Tour Operator makes a change affecting at least one in three full days of the itinerary or which materially affects the character of a product or service in its entirety (a “Material Change”), the Tour Operator will provide notice to you as soon as reasonably possible, provided that there is sufficient time to do so before departure. If a Material Change is made more than 14 days before departure, you may choose to do the following:
- i) accept the Material Change and proceed with the amended product or service; ii) book another product or service of equal or greater value, if available (you will be responsible for paying any difference in price); or iii) book another product or service of lesser value, if available (with a refund payable to you for the difference in price); or iv) cancel the amended product or service and receive a full refund for the land-only portion of the applicable product or service (a refund is not available for other products or services booked which are not subject to a Material Change). You must notify the Tour Operator of your choice within 7 days of receiving notice or you will be deemed to accept the amended itinerary.
- Once a Tour has departed, itinerary changes may be necessary as a result of unforeseen circumstances, operational concerns, or concerns for your health, safety, enjoyment or comfort. Any changes are at the discretion of the Tour Operator. You acknowledge that you must have reasonable financial resources to cover incidental expenses during all travel with the Tour Operator, whether or not such expenses arise from a change of itinerary, and the Tour Operator is not liable for your failure to prepare adequately for travel and unforeseen circumstances which may arise during travel. The Tour Operator will not be liable for any indirect and or consequential losses associated with any changes to a booking or itinerary.
- Changes made by you: You are responsible for ensuring that information provided to the Tour Operator is accurate and up-to-date. Any changes to your name on any booking are subject to the Tour Operator’s approval. Any changes to a booking depend on availability and are subject to the Tour Operator’s approval and these Terms. Any extra costs incurred for making the change will be charged to you along with an administrative fee. Cancellation of any Tour, product or service included in a booking will not be considered a change for purposes of this section and will be governed by the applicable cancellation terms. No changes are permitted to any booking within 10 days of departure of the first product or service on the applicable booking.
- For complete terms and conditions please visit the G Adventures Terms & Conditions for more information.