National Geographic Journeys
Discover, for yourself, this popular vacation destination on an Iconic Ireland escorted tour. The journey begins and ends in Dublin and includes Cork, Killarney and Galway among other exciting stops. Scenic drives, famous landmarks, renowned universities, ages old traditions and lore are among the many highlights on this lovely adventure.
Ireland vacations are brimming with captivating sights and activities. Gain the gift of gab with a Blarney Stone kiss. Enjoy a dram, or two, of whiskey at a private whiskey and chocolate tasting. Breathtaking scenery is abundant and driving along the stunning Ring of Kerry is a show-stopper as is a cruise along the Cliffs of Moher, a natural wonder. Spend some free time exploring Dublin and artsy Galway. Perhaps embark on your own pub crawl and hobnob with the locals. Witness beautiful castles, churches and visit Trinity College Dublin's famed library to see the Book of Kells. Perhaps stroll through St. Stephen's Green gardens or unwind at Temple Bar. Limericks. lore, traditions and more will capture your heart and the memories you create will leave you longing to return.
9 Days • fr. $2,799
Tour Highlights & Offers
- JOURNEYS HIGHLIGHT MOMENT: Dinner, music and a Tale or Two, Dublin
- JOURNEYS HIGHLIGHT MOMENT: Whiskey and Chocolate Tasting, Killarney
- DISCOVER MOMENT: Dublin
- VISIT Trinity College Dublin
- ESCORTED TOUR Blarney Castle
- EXPLORE Ring of Kerry
- GUIDED WALKING TOUR Galway City
- CRUISE Cliffs of Moher
- ADMIRE the colorful dockside homes in Portmagee
- VISIT Cliffs of Moher visitors' center
- ORIENTATION Cork
- ENJOY private whiskey tasting
- SOCIALIZE at at Ireland's oldest pub
- VIEW the Book of Kells
- KISS the Blarney Stone
- SCENIC DRIVE Ring of Kerry
- INDULGE in chocolate tasting in Killarney
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Internal flights
- Private vehicle, boat, walking
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout, local guides
- Age requirement: 12+ All travelers under age 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Tips for personal services and to tour directors and drivers are not included in tour cost and left to your discretion.
- All items of a personal nature (room service, beverages, telephone charges, laundry, special food requests, etc.) and meals not specified on the tour itinerary are not included and must be paid by the client.
- All rates exclude airfare unless expressly noted.
- 8 Breakfasts 1 Dinner
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION - PLEASE READ: Allow USD$335-$435 for meals not included
- Jurys Inn Parnell St. in Dublin (3 nights)
- Jurys Inn Cork in Cork (1 night)
- Scotts Hotel Killarney in Killarney (2 nights)
- Jurys Inn Galway in Galway (2 nights)
DUBLIN, IRELAND Location Information Description
Arrive at any time. There are no planned activities until an evening welcome meeting. The adventure begins tonight. Feel free to explore before your welcome meeting, but make sure you’re back in time to meet the group. After introductions, your CEO will review the details of your tour.
Jurys Inn Parnell St
DUBLIN Location Information Description
Set out this morning to explore Trinity College Dublin, founded in 1592. Visit its famed library and view the Book of Kells, an illuminated manuscript dating to the ninth century. Enjoy free time this afternoon to explore the city's Medieval Quarter, visit St. Patrick's Cathedral, set foot in Dublin Castle, or tour a whiskey distillery.
In the evening step inside a traditional Irish pub for an enthralling evening of storytelling, food, drink, and warm company. Settle in for a three-course dinner with classic fare such as beef and Guinness stew in an intimate candlelit setting. Enjoy the sounds of traditional Irish music as you dine.
Jurys Inn Parnell St
CORK Location Information Description
Travel to the charming city of Cork and set out on an orientation walk; then spend the rest of the day exploring the city on your own. Cork is known for its many universities, theatres, art schools and general diversity and culture. With many immigrants settling in this inviting city, it's easy to find different types of foods, shops and cafés lining the streets.
Choose to visit the Cork County Gaol—a former prison—or learn about the voyage of the Titanic in the original ticket office of the White Star Line. Wander the stalls at the historic English Market or settle into a pub for a locally brewed pint of Murphy’s Irish Stout.
Jurys Inn Cork
BLARNEY/KILLARNEY Location Information Description
Begin the day with a visit to Blarney Castle, built nearly 600 years ago and now one of the most iconic sights in Ireland. Climb a flight of steps to kiss the legendary Blarney Stone, a ritual said to grant the gift of the gab.
Continue to Killarney for an afternoon spent tasting whiskey and chocolate with a local expert. In the evening, opt to enjoy a traditional Celtic dance performance. The lovely town of Killarney bristles with history, culture and stunning natural beauty. Located on the shores of Lough Leane, adjacent to Killarney National Park, it is surrounded by rolling green hills, lakes and forests.
Scotts Hotel Killarney
KILLARNEY Location Information Description
Set out on a full-day excursion around the famed Ring of Kerry, considered one of Ireland’s most scenic drives. Take in stunning views of the Iveragh Peninsula’s windswept coast and lush, wild forests. View historic castles, churches, and seaside villages before returning to Killarney for a night at leisure.
Scotts Hotel Killarney
GALWAY Location Information Description
Travel to Galway, a historic harbor city on the west coast of Ireland and the gateway to the Galway Gaeltacht, one of the country’s few remaining Irish-speaking regions.
Take a guided walking tour of the old city, delving into the history of conquest that has shaped Irish culture, and getting a taste of the city’s reputation as a hub for art and music.
Jurys Inn Galway
CLIFFS OF MOHER/GALWAY Location Information Description
Cliffs of Moher, Ireland
This morning, head to the stunning Cliffs of Moher and board a boat for a coastal cruise. Enjoy exceptional views of one of Ireland’s most well-known natural wonders from water level, keeping an eye out for seabirds, such as puffins, that call this special protected area home.
Location Information Description
After the cruise, spend time at the visitor center before returning to Galway to enjoy a free evening exploring the local arts scene or wandering historic streets.
Jurys Inn Galway
DUBLIN Location Information Description
Return to Dublin this morning and enjoy a free afternoon to explore Ireland's dynamic capital. Stroll among the colorful gardens of St. Stephen's Green, pop into historic pubs in Temple Bar, or view the famed bog bodies housed in the National Museum of Ireland. Opt to visit the Guinness Storehouse for insights into the history of beer and a taste of their famed stout, then gather for an optional farewell dinner with your group at a local restaurant.
Jurys Inn Parnell St
DUBLIN Location Information Description
Depart at any time.
- ALL guests must carefully verify the existing identification requirements for their particular travel situation DIRECTLY WITH THEIR LOCAL CONSULATES OR EMBASSIES or with a visa service, as these requirements may change. Guests without proper documentation may be denied entry and will not be entitled to a refund.
- It is your responsibility to obtain information and to have in your possession all the required documentation and identification required for entry, departure and travel to each country or region. This includes a valid passport and all travel documents required by the relevant governmental authorities including all visas, permits and certificates (including but not limited to vaccination or medical certificates) and insurance policies. You must have a passport that is valid 6 months after the last date of travel with the Tour Operator as set out on your itinerary. You accept full responsibility for obtaining all such documents, visas and permits prior to the start of the Tour, and you are solely responsible for the full amount of costs incurred as a result of missing or defective documentation. You agree that you are responsible for the full amount of any loss or expense incurred by the Tour Operator that is a direct result of your failure to secure or be in possession of proper travel documentation.
- You agree that you are responsible for the full amount of any loss or expense incurred by the Tour Operator that is a direct result of your failure to secure or be in possession of proper travel documentation. The Tour Operator does not provide advice on travel documents and makes no representations or warrantees as to the accuracy or completeness of any information provided on visas, vaccinations, climate, clothing, baggage, or special equipment and you agree that the Tour Operator is not responsible for any errors or omissions in this information.
- Once a booking is cancelled the cancellation fees, if any, will be determined with reference to the date on which notice of cancellation is received by the Tour Operator and are expressed as a percentage of the total price paid for the cancelled Tour, product or service (excluding any insurance products).
- Cancellation received 60 days or more before departure of first product or service in relevant booking: Lifetime Deposit will be held by the Tour Operator in accordance with these Terms, the remainder of the payments made to the Tour Operator in respect of the cancelled product will be refunded.
- Cancellation received 30-59 days before departure of first product or service in relevant booking: Lifetime Deposit will be held by the Tour Operator in accordance with these Terms, an amount equal to 50% of the remainder of the payments made to the Tour Operator in respect of the cancelled Tour will be refunded.
- Cancellation less than 30 days before departure of first product or service in relevant booking: Lifetime Deposit will be held by the Tour Operator in accordance with these Terms, and no further refund will be payable.
- EXPEDITION TOURS: Cancellation 90 days or more before first departure on relevant booking: Lifetime Deposit will be held by the Tour Operator in accordance with these Terms and the remainder of the payments to the Tour Operator for the cancelled Tour will be refunded.
- Cancellation 60-89 days before first departure on relevant booking: Lifetime Deposit will be held by the Tour Operator in accordance with these Terms and an amount equal to 50% of the remainder of the payments made to the Tour Operation for the cancelled Tour will be refunded.
- Cancellation less than 60 days before first departure on relevant booking: Lifetime Deposit will be held by the Tour Operator in accordance with these Terms and no further refund will be payable.
- TAILOR MADE TOURS: Cancellation 90 days or more before first departure on relevant booking: 30% deposit will be held by the Tour Operator in accordance with these Terms and the remainder of the payments to the Tour Operator for the cancelled Tour will be refunded.
- Cancellation 60-89 days before first departure on relevant booking: An amount equal to 50% of the Tour price of the cancelled Tour will be refunded.
- Cancellation less than 60 days before first departure on relevant booking: No refund will be payable.
- CANCELLATION OF PRE AND POST CRUISE ACCOMMODATIONS, ADD-ON PACKAGES, KAYAKING AND THEME PARKS: Cancellation 60 days or more before first departure on relevant booking: All payments made to the Tour Operator will be refunded. Cancellation less than 60 days before first departure on relevant booking: no refund is payable.
- AIRFARE: Total price does not include any Instant Purchase Air or Instant Purchase Air service fees, which are non-refundable after 24 hours from purchase. Intra-vacation air is non-refundable after final payment.
- In many instances, airline revision or change fees can be up to $300, but in some instances may be up to 100% of the ticket price. Cancellation penalties will be quoted at time of cancellation.
- If flight changes, including, but not limited to, flight cancellations or name changes, are requested after full land and air deposits are received, revision fees, change fees, or airline cancellation fees will apply.
- ADDITIONAL SERVICES: Cancellation fees may also apply to any additional services, including extra night accommodations, independently supplied services, and optional excursions reserved prior to, during, and after the tour.
- ALL CANCELLATIONS must be received in writing prior to tour departure. The cancellation policy will apply according to the date that the cancellation notification is received. The MINIMUM cancellation penalty is the deposit amount.
- TRIP INSURANCE: The purchase of trip cancellation insurance is strongly recommended.
Terms and Conditions
- FAMILY TOURS: In order to book a Tour designated as a “Family Tour” by the Tour Operator, you must be travelling as part of a “Family Unit”. A “Family Unit” is a group of two or more persons travelling and booking together, where at least one person is a minor in the care of at least one of the accompanying adults. One minor may accompany one or more adults for the purposes of being considered a Family Unit. The Tour Operator reserves the right to cancel the booking of anyone travelling or planning to travel on a Family Tour who, in the Tour Operator’s sole discretion, do not properly constitute a Family Unit in accordance with this section or otherwise does not meet the Tour Operator’s requirements for participation in a Family Tour.
- 18-to-THIRTYSOMETHINGS TOURS: To travel on a “18-to-Thirtysomethings” Tour, you must be at least 18 years of age as of the date of first travel and comply with any other age restrictions as may be promulgated from time to time by G Adventures.
- EXPEDITION TOURS: Medical Form for Expedition Tours: The Tour Operator’s Medical Form is mandatory for all Expedition Tours. You must return your Medical Form signed by a licensed and practicing physician to the Tour Operator prior to or at the time of final payment for the applicable booking.
- The Vessel used in Expedition Tours carries onboard service providers, which may include medical staff, spa personnel, or entertainers who operate as independent contractors. Their services and products are charged as Optional Extras and they contract directly with you to provide any products and services you request. Neither the Tour Operator nor the Carrier is responsible for these Optional Extras and will not be liable for the acts or omissions of these service providers.
- Shore excursions on Expedition Tours (“Shore Excursions”) are subject to their own set of terms and conditions, separate and apart from these Terms, and may be reserved after an Expedition Tour has been booked and confirmed. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are fit to participate in Shore Excursions.
- NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC JOURNEYS WITH G ADVENTURES AND NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC FAMILY JOURNEYS: National Geographic Partners, LLC (for purposes of these Terms, collectively “NGP”) will provide educational enrichment as outlined in its catalog and on its website (nationalgeographicjourneys.com) and has licensed G Adventures to organize and administer National Geographic Journeys tours. The Tour Operator is solely responsible for arranging and providing all the services and accommodations offered to you in connection with the Tour.
- By booking or traveling on a Tour, you certify that you do not have any mental, physical, or other condition that would create a hazard for yourself or other participants. NGP and the Tour Operator reserve the right in their sole discretion to accept, decline or remove any person on a Tour. NGP and the Tour Operator reserve the right, without penalty, to make changes in the published itinerary whenever, in their judgment, they deem it necessary for your comfort, convenience, or safety and in accordance with these Terms.
- In order to book a National Geographic Family Journeys Tour, you must be travelling as part of a “Family Unit”. A “Family Unit” is a group of two or more persons travelling and booking together, where at least one person is a minor in the care of at least one of the accompanying adults. One minor may accompany one or more adults for the purposes of being considered a Family Unit. The Tour Operator reserves the right to cancel the booking of anyone travelling or planning to travel on a National Geographic Family Journeys Tour who, in the Tour Operator’s sole discretion, do not properly constitute a Family Unit in accordance with this section or otherwise does not meet the Tour Operator’s requirements for participation in a National Geographic Family Journeys Tour.
- TAILORMADE TOURS: Price Validity: Upon receipt of your TailorMade booking request the Tour Operator will provide you with a quote for the chosen Tour. Prices quoted for all TailorMade Tours are valid until the date indicated on the quote, after which time the Tour Operator reserves the right to provide you with a revised quote. Any modifications to a TailorMade itinerary, including dates or number of people travelling, will be subject to a revised quote.
- ALL TOURS: Tour prices do not include international or other airfare unless expressly mentioned in the Tour’s descriptions. The Tour Operator will quote the best price available for the travel dates requested at the time the quote is prepared. Quotes provide an estimate only and are not a firm price commitment by the Tour Operator or the applicable air carrier(s).
- The Tour Operator acts only as a sales agent for the applicable air carrier and the air carrier terms and conditions apply to the purchase and use of the air travel ticket. Please consult the air carrier’s applicable terms and conditions and conditions of carriage for complete information including applicable cancellation terms. The Tour Operator is not responsible for changes in air itineraries or flight times and does not provide advice or alerts regarding air travel tickets, flight status or delays.
- All prices are in US Dollars.
- You acknowledge that the nature of adventure travel requires flexibility and acknowledge that you will permit reasonable alterations to products, services or itineraries by the Tour Operator. The route, schedules, accommodations, activities, amenities and mode of transportation are subject to change without notice due to unforeseeable circumstances or events outside the control of the Tour Operator (including but not limited to Force Majeure, illness, mechanical breakdown, flight cancellations, strikes, political events and entry or border difficulties). No reimbursements, discounts or refunds will be issued for services that are missed or unused after departure due to no fault of the Tour Operator, including your removal from a Tour because of your negligence or breach of these Terms.
- The Tour Operator may modify your itinerary where reasonably required in its sole discretion. If the Tour Operator makes a change affecting at least one in three full days of the itinerary or which materially affects the character of a product or service in its entirety (a “Material Change”), the Tour Operator will provide notice to you as soon as reasonably possible, provided that there is sufficient time to do so before departure. If a Material Change is made more than 14 days before departure, you may choose to do the following:
- i) accept the Material Change and proceed with the amended product or service; ii) book another product or service of equal or greater value, if available (you will be responsible for paying any difference in price); or iii) book another product or service of lesser value, if available (with a refund payable to you for the difference in price); or iv) cancel the amended product or service and receive a full refund for the land-only portion of the applicable product or service (a refund is not available for other products or services booked which are not subject to a Material Change). You must notify the Tour Operator of your choice within 7 days of receiving notice or you will be deemed to accept the amended itinerary.
- Once a Tour has departed, itinerary changes may be necessary as a result of unforeseen circumstances, operational concerns, or concerns for your health, safety, enjoyment or comfort. Any changes are at the discretion of the Tour Operator. You acknowledge that you must have reasonable financial resources to cover incidental expenses during all travel with the Tour Operator, whether or not such expenses arise from a change of itinerary, and the Tour Operator is not liable for your failure to prepare adequately for travel and unforeseen circumstances which may arise during travel. The Tour Operator will not be liable for any indirect and or consequential losses associated with any changes to a booking or itinerary.
- Changes made by you: You are responsible for ensuring that information provided to the Tour Operator is accurate and up-to-date. Any changes to your name on any booking are subject to the Tour Operator’s approval. Any changes to a booking depend on availability and are subject to the Tour Operator’s approval and these Terms. Any extra costs incurred for making the change will be charged to you along with an administrative fee. Cancellation of any Tour, product or service included in a booking will not be considered a change for purposes of this section and will be governed by the applicable cancellation terms. No changes are permitted to any booking within 10 days of departure of the first product or service on the applicable booking.
- For complete terms and conditions please visit the G Adventures Terms & Conditions for more information.