Israel and Beyond
National Geographic Journeys
Delve into incredible history on an Israel and Beyond escorted tour. This journey shares some of the most fascinating and important destinations as guests travel from Jerusalem to Tel Aviv with stops in Tiberias, Capernaum, Nazareth, Bethlehem and Caesarea. Wineries, museums, ancient ruins, famous mountains, sites of religious importance and the Dead Sea are among the highlights on this fascinating adventure.
From the moment your feet touch the ground you're on a thrilling vacation. From the top of Mount of Olives take in the breathtaking panoramic views of the City of Gold, Jerusalem. Visit Hurva Synagogue, Dome of the Rock and follow the Way of the Cross along Via Dolorosa. Gain meaningful insights into the joys and struggles, interfaith issues, political conflict and hopes for future peace regional peace from a local scholar. Pay respect to the millions lost at Yad Vashem and witness the Dead Sea Scrolls at Israel Musuem. Join a local chef for a tour in Mahane Yehuda Market, a cooking class and an opportunity to enjoy the delicious fruits of your labor. At Noor Women's Empowerment group, you'll prepare traditional fare and chat over lunch. Ascend to King Herod’s 2,000-year-old mountaintop fortress and UNESCO World Heritage site, Masada. Float in the waters of the Dead Sea. Learn about kibbutz life with a multi-night stay. Enjoy a winery tour and private tasting accompanied by boutique Golan Heights cheeses.
8 Days • fr. $2,799
Tour Highlights & Offers
- JOURNEYS HIGHLIGHT MOMENT: Jerusalem Lecture with Local Expert
- JOURNEYS HIGHLIGHT MOMENT: Mahane Yehuda Market Walk & Kosher Cooking Class, Jerusalem
- JOURNEYS HIGHLIGHT MOMENT: Palestinian Women's Project Local Lunch, Bethlehem
- JOURNEYS HIGHLIGHT MOMENT: Galilee Winery tour and tasting
- WALKING TOUR Jerusalem Old City
- VISIT Yad Vashem (the Holocaust memorial)
- EXPLORE Israel Museum and view the Dead Sea Scrolls
- TOUR Palestinian refugee community
- EXPLORE Bethlehem
- GUIDED TOUR Masada
- FLOAT in the Dead Sea
- EXPLORE Sea of Galilee area including Capernaum and Nazareth
- VISIT a Kibbutz
- DELVE INTO Haifa and Caesarea Maritima
- WITNESS Mount of Beatitudes
- FOLLOW Via Dolorosa to Church of the Holy Sepulchre
- VISIT Dome of the Rock and Al-Aqsa Mosque
- ASCEND to the top of the Mount of Olives
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Private van/bus, walking
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout, local guides
- AGE REQUIREMENT: 12+: All travelers under age 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Tips for personal services and to tour directors and drivers are not included in tour cost and left to your discretion.
- All items of a personal nature (room service, beverages, telephone charges, laundry, special food requests, etc.) and meals not specified on the tour itinerary are not included and must be paid by the client.
- All rates exclude airfare unless expressly noted.
- 7 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 3 Dinners
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION - PLEASE READ: Allow USD$230-$300 for meals not included
- Leonardo Hotel in Jerusalem (4 nights)
- Ohalao Kibbutz Hotel in Tiberias (2 nights)
- Cinema Hotel in Tel Aviv (1 night)
JERUSALEM Location Information Description
Arrive at any time. Arrival transfer is included. The adventure begins tonight. Feel free to explore before your welcome meeting, but make sure you’re back in time to meet the group. After introductions, your CEO will review the details of your tour.
JERUSALEM Location Information Description
Begin the day with a walking tour of Jerusalem’s Old City, home to sites that are sacred to the three of the world’s great faiths. At the Temple Mount, visit the Dome of the Rock and Al-Aqsa Mosque. Continue to the Western Wall, then make your way through the winding lanes of the Jewish Quarter to the historic Hurva Synagogue.
Walk along the Way of the Cross, the route that Jesus is believed to have taken on his way to crucifixion, and end at the Church of the Holy Sepulchre—according to tradition and to recent findings, Jesus’s tomb is located here. This afternoon, ascend to the top of the Mount of Olives for panoramic views of the city.
Later, you’ll enjoy a talk with a local scholar about the struggles of daily life in Jerusalem, discussing interfaith issues, political conflict, and hopes for a peaceful future.
JERUSALEM Location Information Description
This morning, pay a visit to Yad Vashem, Israel’s moving memorial to the Holocaust. Continue to the Israel Museum to view the Dead Sea Scrolls, one of the most important archaeological finds of the past century, and opt to walk through the museum’s state-of-the-art exhibition on your own.
This evening, join an Israeli chef on a walking tour of the lively Mahane Yehuda Market. You’ll learn about the key ingredients of Israeli cuisine, and enjoy a hands-on lesson in kosher cooking.
JERUSALEM Location Information Description
Spend the day in the ancient town of Bethlehem, located in the hills of the West Bank. Begin with a visit to Manger Square and the Church of the Nativity, where Jesus is believed to have been born.
Walk through a nearby Palestinian refugee camp on your way to a local women's collective, created by and for refugee women. Learn how to prepare traditional Palestinian dishes in the camp’s shared kitchen, and sit down to a delicious meal with the women while gaining insights into their lives as refugees.
JERUSALEM/TIBERIAS Location Information Description
Dead Sea, Israel
Start the day with a guided visit to the UNESCO World Heritage site of Masada, King Herod’s 2,000-year-old mountaintop fortress. Explore the remains of elaborate palaces and bathhouses, then travel to the shores of the Dead Sea for a chance to float in its fabled waters.
Location Information Description
Continue north to the Sea of Galilee and enjoy a visit to a kibbutz—an Israeli communal settlement—while learning about the origins of the kibbutz movement. In the Galilee area you'll stay in a local resort-style hotel which is operated by a Kibbutz.
Ohalao Kibbutz Hotel
TIBERIAS Location Information Description
Venture to the Mount of Beatitudes, where Jesus is believed to have delivered the Sermon on the Mount. Visit the church that commemorates the event, and take in breathtaking views of the Sea of Galilee and the surrounding countryside.
Continue to the ruins of Capernaum, often called “the town of Jesus.” Learn about the lives and perspectives of Israeli Arabs en route to Nazareth, where you'll stop at the Basilica of the Annunciation, one of the largest churches in the Middle East. Later, visit a local winery for a tour and private tasting.
Ohalao Kibbutz Hotel
TIBERIAS/TEL AVIV Location Information Description
Tel Aviv, Israel
Head to the sparkling shores of the Mediterranean, stopping at the coastal city of Haifa. Then travel south to Caesarea Maritima to explore the ruins of Herod’s great harbour city. Afterward, continue to bustling Tel Aviv for your last evening in Israel.
TEL AVIV Location Information Description
Tel Aviv, Israel
Depart at any time.
- ALL guests must carefully verify the existing identification requirements for their particular travel situation DIRECTLY WITH THEIR LOCAL CONSULATES OR EMBASSIES or with a visa service, as these requirements may change. Guests without proper documentation may be denied entry and will not be entitled to a refund.
- It is your responsibility to obtain information and to have in your possession all the required documentation and identification required for entry, departure and travel to each country or region. This includes a valid passport and all travel documents required by the relevant governmental authorities including all visas, permits and certificates (including but not limited to vaccination or medical certificates) and insurance policies. You must have a passport that is valid 6 months after the last date of travel with the Tour Operator as set out on your itinerary. You accept full responsibility for obtaining all such documents, visas and permits prior to the start of the Tour, and you are solely responsible for the full amount of costs incurred as a result of missing or defective documentation. You agree that you are responsible for the full amount of any loss or expense incurred by the Tour Operator that is a direct result of your failure to secure or be in possession of proper travel documentation.
- You agree that you are responsible for the full amount of any loss or expense incurred by the Tour Operator that is a direct result of your failure to secure or be in possession of proper travel documentation. The Tour Operator does not provide advice on travel documents and makes no representations or warrantees as to the accuracy or completeness of any information provided on visas, vaccinations, climate, clothing, baggage, or special equipment and you agree that the Tour Operator is not responsible for any errors or omissions in this information.
- Once a booking is cancelled the cancellation fees, if any, will be determined with reference to the date on which notice of cancellation is received by the Tour Operator and are expressed as a percentage of the total price paid for the cancelled Tour, product or service (excluding any insurance products).
- Cancellation received 60 days or more before departure of first product or service in relevant booking: Lifetime Deposit will be held by the Tour Operator in accordance with these Terms, the remainder of the payments made to the Tour Operator in respect of the cancelled product will be refunded.
- Cancellation received 30-59 days before departure of first product or service in relevant booking: Lifetime Deposit will be held by the Tour Operator in accordance with these Terms, an amount equal to 50% of the remainder of the payments made to the Tour Operator in respect of the cancelled Tour will be refunded.
- Cancellation less than 30 days before departure of first product or service in relevant booking: Lifetime Deposit will be held by the Tour Operator in accordance with these Terms, and no further refund will be payable.
- EXPEDITION TOURS: Cancellation 90 days or more before first departure on relevant booking: Lifetime Deposit will be held by the Tour Operator in accordance with these Terms and the remainder of the payments to the Tour Operator for the cancelled Tour will be refunded.
- Cancellation 60-89 days before first departure on relevant booking: Lifetime Deposit will be held by the Tour Operator in accordance with these Terms and an amount equal to 50% of the remainder of the payments made to the Tour Operation for the cancelled Tour will be refunded.
- Cancellation less than 60 days before first departure on relevant booking: Lifetime Deposit will be held by the Tour Operator in accordance with these Terms and no further refund will be payable.
- TAILOR MADE TOURS: Cancellation 90 days or more before first departure on relevant booking: 30% deposit will be held by the Tour Operator in accordance with these Terms and the remainder of the payments to the Tour Operator for the cancelled Tour will be refunded.
- Cancellation 60-89 days before first departure on relevant booking: An amount equal to 50% of the Tour price of the cancelled Tour will be refunded.
- Cancellation less than 60 days before first departure on relevant booking: No refund will be payable.
- CANCELLATION OF PRE AND POST CRUISE ACCOMMODATIONS, ADD-ON PACKAGES, KAYAKING AND THEME PARKS: Cancellation 60 days or more before first departure on relevant booking: All payments made to the Tour Operator will be refunded. Cancellation less than 60 days before first departure on relevant booking: no refund is payable.
- AIRFARE: Total price does not include any Instant Purchase Air or Instant Purchase Air service fees, which are non-refundable after 24 hours from purchase. Intra-vacation air is non-refundable after final payment.
- In many instances, airline revision or change fees can be up to $300, but in some instances may be up to 100% of the ticket price. Cancellation penalties will be quoted at time of cancellation.
- If flight changes, including, but not limited to, flight cancellations or name changes, are requested after full land and air deposits are received, revision fees, change fees, or airline cancellation fees will apply.
- ADDITIONAL SERVICES: Cancellation fees may also apply to any additional services, including extra night accommodations, independently supplied services, and optional excursions reserved prior to, during, and after the tour.
- ALL CANCELLATIONS must be received in writing prior to tour departure. The cancellation policy will apply according to the date that the cancellation notification is received. The MINIMUM cancellation penalty is the deposit amount.
- TRIP INSURANCE: The purchase of trip cancellation insurance is strongly recommended.
Terms and Conditions
- FAMILY TOURS: In order to book a Tour designated as a “Family Tour” by the Tour Operator, you must be travelling as part of a “Family Unit”. A “Family Unit” is a group of two or more persons travelling and booking together, where at least one person is a minor in the care of at least one of the accompanying adults. One minor may accompany one or more adults for the purposes of being considered a Family Unit. The Tour Operator reserves the right to cancel the booking of anyone travelling or planning to travel on a Family Tour who, in the Tour Operator’s sole discretion, do not properly constitute a Family Unit in accordance with this section or otherwise does not meet the Tour Operator’s requirements for participation in a Family Tour.
- 18-to-THIRTYSOMETHINGS TOURS: To travel on a “18-to-Thirtysomethings” Tour, you must be at least 18 years of age as of the date of first travel and comply with any other age restrictions as may be promulgated from time to time by G Adventures.
- EXPEDITION TOURS: Medical Form for Expedition Tours: The Tour Operator’s Medical Form is mandatory for all Expedition Tours. You must return your Medical Form signed by a licensed and practicing physician to the Tour Operator prior to or at the time of final payment for the applicable booking.
- The Vessel used in Expedition Tours carries onboard service providers, which may include medical staff, spa personnel, or entertainers who operate as independent contractors. Their services and products are charged as Optional Extras and they contract directly with you to provide any products and services you request. Neither the Tour Operator nor the Carrier is responsible for these Optional Extras and will not be liable for the acts or omissions of these service providers.
- Shore excursions on Expedition Tours (“Shore Excursions”) are subject to their own set of terms and conditions, separate and apart from these Terms, and may be reserved after an Expedition Tour has been booked and confirmed. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are fit to participate in Shore Excursions.
- NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC JOURNEYS WITH G ADVENTURES AND NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC FAMILY JOURNEYS: National Geographic Partners, LLC (for purposes of these Terms, collectively “NGP”) will provide educational enrichment as outlined in its catalog and on its website (nationalgeographicjourneys.com) and has licensed G Adventures to organize and administer National Geographic Journeys tours. The Tour Operator is solely responsible for arranging and providing all the services and accommodations offered to you in connection with the Tour.
- By booking or traveling on a Tour, you certify that you do not have any mental, physical, or other condition that would create a hazard for yourself or other participants. NGP and the Tour Operator reserve the right in their sole discretion to accept, decline or remove any person on a Tour. NGP and the Tour Operator reserve the right, without penalty, to make changes in the published itinerary whenever, in their judgment, they deem it necessary for your comfort, convenience, or safety and in accordance with these Terms.
- In order to book a National Geographic Family Journeys Tour, you must be travelling as part of a “Family Unit”. A “Family Unit” is a group of two or more persons travelling and booking together, where at least one person is a minor in the care of at least one of the accompanying adults. One minor may accompany one or more adults for the purposes of being considered a Family Unit. The Tour Operator reserves the right to cancel the booking of anyone travelling or planning to travel on a National Geographic Family Journeys Tour who, in the Tour Operator’s sole discretion, do not properly constitute a Family Unit in accordance with this section or otherwise does not meet the Tour Operator’s requirements for participation in a National Geographic Family Journeys Tour.
- TAILORMADE TOURS: Price Validity: Upon receipt of your TailorMade booking request the Tour Operator will provide you with a quote for the chosen Tour. Prices quoted for all TailorMade Tours are valid until the date indicated on the quote, after which time the Tour Operator reserves the right to provide you with a revised quote. Any modifications to a TailorMade itinerary, including dates or number of people travelling, will be subject to a revised quote.
- ALL TOURS: Tour prices do not include international or other airfare unless expressly mentioned in the Tour’s descriptions. The Tour Operator will quote the best price available for the travel dates requested at the time the quote is prepared. Quotes provide an estimate only and are not a firm price commitment by the Tour Operator or the applicable air carrier(s).
- The Tour Operator acts only as a sales agent for the applicable air carrier and the air carrier terms and conditions apply to the purchase and use of the air travel ticket. Please consult the air carrier’s applicable terms and conditions and conditions of carriage for complete information including applicable cancellation terms. The Tour Operator is not responsible for changes in air itineraries or flight times and does not provide advice or alerts regarding air travel tickets, flight status or delays.
- All prices are in US Dollars.
- You acknowledge that the nature of adventure travel requires flexibility and acknowledge that you will permit reasonable alterations to products, services or itineraries by the Tour Operator. The route, schedules, accommodations, activities, amenities and mode of transportation are subject to change without notice due to unforeseeable circumstances or events outside the control of the Tour Operator (including but not limited to Force Majeure, illness, mechanical breakdown, flight cancellations, strikes, political events and entry or border difficulties). No reimbursements, discounts or refunds will be issued for services that are missed or unused after departure due to no fault of the Tour Operator, including your removal from a Tour because of your negligence or breach of these Terms.
- The Tour Operator may modify your itinerary where reasonably required in its sole discretion. If the Tour Operator makes a change affecting at least one in three full days of the itinerary or which materially affects the character of a product or service in its entirety (a “Material Change”), the Tour Operator will provide notice to you as soon as reasonably possible, provided that there is sufficient time to do so before departure. If a Material Change is made more than 14 days before departure, you may choose to do the following:
- i) accept the Material Change and proceed with the amended product or service; ii) book another product or service of equal or greater value, if available (you will be responsible for paying any difference in price); or iii) book another product or service of lesser value, if available (with a refund payable to you for the difference in price); or iv) cancel the amended product or service and receive a full refund for the land-only portion of the applicable product or service (a refund is not available for other products or services booked which are not subject to a Material Change). You must notify the Tour Operator of your choice within 7 days of receiving notice or you will be deemed to accept the amended itinerary.
- Once a Tour has departed, itinerary changes may be necessary as a result of unforeseen circumstances, operational concerns, or concerns for your health, safety, enjoyment or comfort. Any changes are at the discretion of the Tour Operator. You acknowledge that you must have reasonable financial resources to cover incidental expenses during all travel with the Tour Operator, whether or not such expenses arise from a change of itinerary, and the Tour Operator is not liable for your failure to prepare adequately for travel and unforeseen circumstances which may arise during travel. The Tour Operator will not be liable for any indirect and or consequential losses associated with any changes to a booking or itinerary.
- Changes made by you: You are responsible for ensuring that information provided to the Tour Operator is accurate and up-to-date. Any changes to your name on any booking are subject to the Tour Operator’s approval. Any changes to a booking depend on availability and are subject to the Tour Operator’s approval and these Terms. Any extra costs incurred for making the change will be charged to you along with an administrative fee. Cancellation of any Tour, product or service included in a booking will not be considered a change for purposes of this section and will be governed by the applicable cancellation terms. No changes are permitted to any booking within 10 days of departure of the first product or service on the applicable booking.
- For complete terms and conditions please visit the G Adventures Terms & Conditions for more information.