Thailand Hike, Bike & Kayak
Enjoy an active adventure on this Thailand Hike, Bike & Kayak escorted tour. Take a memorable journey that by the vary nature of its travel style truly immerses you in meaningful encounters and experiences. Highlights include overnighting on a floating rafthouse and in a bamboo hut, hiking a famous waterfall and visiting ancient caves and prehistoric paintings.
Hop into the saddle and cycle, lace up your boots for hiking and don your water-wear for kayaking and snorkeling on this fascinating trip. Begin with a bike tour of bustling Bangkok's quieter side past beautiful temples and parks. Cycle through Kanchanburi, walk across the Bridge on River Kwai and visit the war cemetery final resting place of around 7,000 POWs. Spend the night on a two-story rafthouse. Hike up the 7 tiers of Erawan National Park's stunning waterfall than take a dip in the crystalline pools. Cycle through the UNESCO site Ayutthaya, witnessing ruins of temples, statues and palaces. Trek uphill through the rainforest to a Lahu hilltribe village where you'll learn about their lives and overnight in a bamboo hut. Continue hiking through the jungle to another remote village. Varied scenery including rice paddies, fruit plantations, hidden waterfalls and more are revealed throughout this beautiful journey. Learn traditional Batik methods at a hands-on class and make your own souvenir.
14 Days • fr. $1,999
Tour Highlights & Offers
- G FOR GOOD MOMENT: Laem Sak Community Tourism, Ban Laem Sak
- HANDS-ON MOMENT: Batik Making Class, Laem Sak
- BIKE RIDE around Bangkok
- CYCLING in and around Kanchanaburi and Ayutthaya
- OVERNIGHT stay in a rafthouse
- TREKKING Hilltribe village
- SEA KAYAKING on the Andaman Sea
- EXPERIENCE colorful Chiang Mai
- LEARN the somber history of Kanchanaburi
- HIKING through forests and rice paddies
- DISCOVER coral coves and white-sand beaches
- SEE hidden temples and lush parks
- HIKE the many tiers of Erawan National Park's famous waterfall
- ENJOY picnic lunch in the jungle
- SOAK in a hot spring
- SNORKEL in Ko Hong and Ko La Ding
- MARVEL at ancient cave paintings
- CREATE your own Batik art keepsake
- Train, walking, minibus, songthaew, local bus, bicycle, raft, plane, longtail boat, kayak
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout, local guides
- Age requirement: 12+ All travelers under age 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Tips for personal services and to tour directors and drivers are not included in tour cost and left to your discretion.
- All items of a personal nature (room service, beverages, telephone charges, laundry, special food requests, etc.) and meals not specified on the tour itinerary are not included and must be paid by the client.
- All rates exclude airfare unless expressly noted.
- Hotel Royal Bangkok at Chinatown in Bangkok (1 night)
- Good Times Resort (Accom & Bike Package) in Kanchanaburi (1 night)
- Petch Fa Raft house in Kanchanaburi (1 night)
- Ayothaya Hotel in Ayutthaya (1 night)
- Basic Overnight Train from Ayutthaya to Chiang Mai (1 night)
- Homestay with a local family in Pha Lo (1 night)
- Multi-share in simple, single-sex bungalows in Ban Mae Ma (1 night)
- Chiang Mai Gate - Superior Room in Chiang Mae (1 night)
- Deevana Krabi Resort in Ao Nang (2 nights)
- Bulan Anda Baba Resort in Ban Laem Sak (2 nights)
- Basic Overnight Train from Ban Laem Sak to Bangkok (1 night)
BANGKOK Location Information Description
Arrive at any time. Relax, explore the city, and adjust to the frenetic pace and humid heat of bustling Bangkok. Meet your CEO and fellow travelers, and learn more about your tour. Opt to join the group for a local meal afterwards.
Hotel Royal Bangkok @ Chinatown
BANGKOK/KANCHANABURI Location Information Description
Hop on a bike for a a guided exploration of the quieter side of busy Bangkok. Cycle through the city and see hidden temples and lush parks. Amazing street food vendors abound so be sure to stop for a bite and refuel.
Location Information Description
Travel by private van to Kanchanaburi.
Good Times Resort (Accom & Bike Package)
KANCHANABURI Location Information Description
Explore Kanchanaburi on a cycling tour. Admire limestone hills and see the sights of Kanchanaburi by bike. Stop to walk over the famous bridge on the River Kwai and visit the nearby war cemetery where about 7,000 POWs are buried.
Visit Erawan National Park and hike the many tiers of one of the world’s most beautiful waterfalls. Its seven tiers offer a unique experience at every climb, reaching up to 1,500m (4921 ft). Swim in the turquoise pools, snap photos from the top tier, and opt to hike in the jungle to spot monkeys.
Tonight, sleep on a floating River Kwai rafthouse! Spend the evening on board the two storey rafthouse with time for swimming and relaxing. The lower level features a common area for socializing, complete with karaoke.
Petch Fa Raft house
KANCHANABURI TO AYUTTHAYA Location Information Description
Free time to enjoy the last few hours in Kanchanaburi. Take some photos and get ready for the trip to Ayutthaya this afternoon.
AYUTTHAYA TO CHIANG MAI Location Information Description
Enjoy an included cycling tour of Ayutthaya, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Enjoy the ride through the ruins and hop off to take some great photos.
Overnight train to Chiang Mai. Experience overnight travel like a local. Sit back and get some well-earned (and likely much-needed) rest en route to your next stop.
CHIANG MAI/PHA LO Location Information Description
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Arrive in Chiang Mai in the morning. Transfer to a guesthouse to freshen up and prepare for the adventure ahead.
Meet your local trekking guide. After lunch, start walking uphill through lush rainforest, taking in the views along the trail. Arrive in Baan Pha-Lho, a Lahu hilltribe village, meet the local people and experience some of their day-to-day life.
At twilight, enjoy a Lahu dining experience and homestay overnight in bamboo huts.
Homestay with a local family
PHA LHO/BAN MAE MA Location Information Description
Ban Mae Ma, Thailand
Pack up and set off for the next village. The trek is longer today, the trail winds up and down passing on the way to a picnic lunch in the jungle. Afterwards, transfer to the Lahu village of Ban Mae Ma for an overnight stay.
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Bungalows in Ban Mae Ma
BAN MAE MA/CHIANG MAI Location Information Description
Bang Mae Ma, Thailand
After breakfast in the village, trek until reaching the end of the trail, passing rice fields and fruit plantations along the way.
Location Information Description
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Enjoy lunch at a local restaurant before transferring back to Chiang Mai. Opt to take a dip in a local hot spring.
Chiang Mai Gate - Superior Room
CHIANG MAI/AO NANG Location Information Description
Explore Chiang Mai in the morning before flying south to Krabi then transfer to Ao Nang.
Deevana Krabi Resort
AO NANG Location Information Description
Board a traditional long tail boat and set off for the islands of Ko Hong and Ko La Ding. Snorkel and relax in paradise, stopping only to enjoy a picnic lunch on the beach.
Deevana Krabi Resort
AO NANG/BAN LAEM SAK Location Information Description
Ban Laem Sak, Thailand
Travel to scenic Bo Tor, hop in a kayak and get out on the river for a half day paddle. Devour lunch then transfer to the Laem Sak Community Resort.
Enjoy a guided walk around the community and join locals for a hands on Batik Making Class before an included dinner.
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Bulan Anda Baba Resort
BAN LAEM SAK Location Information Description
Ban Laem Sak, Thailand
Enjoy a full day kayaking protected waters, visiting ancient caves and local farmers.
After a picnic lunch on their floating platforms, head into the mangrove channels for bird watching before returning for a BBQ dinner.
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Bulan Anda Baba Resort
BAN LAEM SAK/BANGKOK Location Information Description
Ban Laem Sak, Thailand
After a leisurely morning at the resort travel by private van to the station to board an overnight train to Bangkok.
Basic Overnight Train
BANGKOK Location Information Description
Trip ends on arrival at Bangkok train station.
- WEIGHT RESTRICTION: There may be a weight restriction for the internal flight on this tour. Each passenger is allowed to carry one checked bag with a maximum weight of 15 kg (33lbs). Additional bags or excess weight charges may apply. These charges are the responsibility of the passengers.
- THAILAND TRANSPORTATION: As the popularity of train travel in Thailand continues to grow domestically, some of the routes used on this tour do not have sufficient space during local public holidays, including New Year’s, Songkran, etc. During these times of the year, alternative transport may be arranged for one or more of the train journeys on this tour.
- LOCAL FLIGHTS: All local flights are included in the cost of your tour unless otherwise noted. It is important that we have your passport information at the time of booking in order to process these tickets. Internal flight tickets are issued locally and will be given to you prior to the flight departure.
- ABOUT ACCOMMODATION: A variety of styles of hotels/guesthouses are used on this tour. In many instances they might not be like what you are used to back home, as service and efficiency can vary. In some areas we stay in simple local guesthouses in stunning locations – rooms are small and basic, may be multi-share, and there may be shared toilet facilities and showers. Hilltribe village homestays: Accommodation is basic and multi-share. Pillows, mattresses, duvets, and mosquito nets provided. On Day 7 enjoy access to western toilets and hot showers. Raft house: Accommodation is basic. Twin-share lockable fan rooms. Shared toilets and showers (cold water only). Camping: 2-person tents, mattresses, pillows, and sleeping bags are provided. Western toilets and showers (cold water only) available.
- It is your responsibility to obtain information and to have in your possession all the required documentation and identification required for entry, departure and travel to each country or region. This includes a valid passport and all travel documents required by the relevant governmental authorities including all visas, permits and certificates (including but not limited to vaccination or medical certificates) and insurance policies. You must have a passport that is valid 6 months after the last date of travel with the Tour Operator as set out on your itinerary. You accept full responsibility for obtaining all such documents, visas and permits prior to the start of the Tour, and you are solely responsible for the full amount of costs incurred as a result of missing or defective documentation. You agree that you are responsible for the full amount of any loss or expense incurred by the Tour Operator that is a direct result of your failure to secure or be in possession of proper travel documentation.
- You agree that you are responsible for the full amount of any loss or expense incurred by the Tour Operator that is a direct result of your failure to secure or be in possession of proper travel documentation. The Tour Operator does not provide advice on travel documents and makes no representations or warrantees as to the accuracy or completeness of any information provided on visas, vaccinations, climate, clothing, baggage, or special equipment and you agree that the Tour Operator is not responsible for any errors or omissions in this information.
- Once a booking is cancelled the cancellation fees, if any, will be determined with reference to the date on which notice of cancellation is received by the Tour Operator and are expressed as a percentage of the total price paid for the cancelled Tour, product or service (excluding any insurance products).
- Cancellation received 60 days or more before departure of first product or service in relevant booking: Lifetime Deposit will be held by the Tour Operator in accordance with these Terms, the remainder of the payments made to the Tour Operator in respect of the cancelled product will be refunded.
- Cancellation received 30-59 days before departure of first product or service in relevant booking: Lifetime Deposit will be held by the Tour Operator in accordance with these Terms, an amount equal to 50% of the remainder of the payments made to the Tour Operator in respect of the cancelled Tour will be refunded.
- Cancellation less than 30 days before departure of first product or service in relevant booking: Lifetime Deposit will be held by the Tour Operator in accordance with these Terms, and no further refund will be payable.
- EXPEDITION TOURS: Cancellation 90 days or more before first departure on relevant booking: Lifetime Deposit will be held by the Tour Operator in accordance with these Terms and the remainder of the payments to the Tour Operator for the cancelled Tour will be refunded.
- Cancellation 60-89 days before first departure on relevant booking: Lifetime Deposit will be held by the Tour Operator in accordance with these Terms and an amount equal to 50% of the remainder of the payments made to the Tour Operation for the cancelled Tour will be refunded.
- Cancellation less than 60 days before first departure on relevant booking: Lifetime Deposit will be held by the Tour Operator in accordance with these Terms and no further refund will be payable.
- TAILOR MADE TOURS: Cancellation 90 days or more before first departure on relevant booking: 30% deposit will be held by the Tour Operator in accordance with these Terms and the remainder of the payments to the Tour Operator for the cancelled Tour will be refunded.
- Cancellation 60-89 days before first departure on relevant booking: An amount equal to 50% of the Tour price of the cancelled Tour will be refunded.
- Cancellation less than 60 days before first departure on relevant booking: No refund will be payable.
- CANCELLATION OF PRE AND POST CRUISE ACCOMMODATIONS, ADD-ON PACKAGES, KAYAKING AND THEME PARKS: Cancellation 60 days or more before first departure on relevant booking: All payments made to the Tour Operator will be refunded. Cancellation less than 60 days before first departure on relevant booking: no refund is payable.
- AIRFARE: Total price does not include any Instant Purchase Air or Instant Purchase Air service fees, which are non-refundable after 24 hours from purchase. Intra-vacation air is non-refundable after final payment.
- In many instances, airline revision or change fees can be up to $300, but in some instances may be up to 100% of the ticket price. Cancellation penalties will be quoted at time of cancellation.
- If flight changes, including, but not limited to, flight cancellations or name changes, are requested after full land and air deposits are received, revision fees, change fees, or airline cancellation fees will apply.
- ADDITIONAL SERVICES: Cancellation fees may also apply to any additional services, including extra night accommodations, independently supplied services, and optional excursions reserved prior to, during, and after the tour.
- ALL CANCELLATIONS must be received in writing prior to tour departure. The cancellation policy will apply according to the date that the cancellation notification is received. The MINIMUM cancellation penalty is the deposit amount.
- TRIP INSURANCE: The purchase of trip cancellation insurance is strongly recommended.
Terms and Conditions
- FAMILY TOURS: In order to book a Tour designated as a “Family Tour” by the Tour Operator, you must be travelling as part of a “Family Unit”. A “Family Unit” is a group of two or more persons travelling and booking together, where at least one person is a minor in the care of at least one of the accompanying adults. One minor may accompany one or more adults for the purposes of being considered a Family Unit. The Tour Operator reserves the right to cancel the booking of anyone travelling or planning to travel on a Family Tour who, in the Tour Operator’s sole discretion, do not properly constitute a Family Unit in accordance with this section or otherwise does not meet the Tour Operator’s requirements for participation in a Family Tour.
- 18-to-THIRTYSOMETHINGS TOURS: To travel on a “18-to-Thirtysomethings” Tour, you must be at least 18 years of age as of the date of first travel and comply with any other age restrictions as may be promulgated from time to time by G Adventures.
- EXPEDITION TOURS: Medical Form for Expedition Tours: The Tour Operator’s Medical Form is mandatory for all Expedition Tours. You must return your Medical Form signed by a licensed and practicing physician to the Tour Operator prior to or at the time of final payment for the applicable booking.
- The Vessel used in Expedition Tours carries onboard service providers, which may include medical staff, spa personnel, or entertainers who operate as independent contractors. Their services and products are charged as Optional Extras and they contract directly with you to provide any products and services you request. Neither the Tour Operator nor the Carrier is responsible for these Optional Extras and will not be liable for the acts or omissions of these service providers.
- Shore excursions on Expedition Tours (“Shore Excursions”) are subject to their own set of terms and conditions, separate and apart from these Terms, and may be reserved after an Expedition Tour has been booked and confirmed. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are fit to participate in Shore Excursions.
- NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC JOURNEYS WITH G ADVENTURES AND NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC FAMILY JOURNEYS: National Geographic Partners, LLC (for purposes of these Terms, collectively “NGP”) will provide educational enrichment as outlined in its catalog and on its website (nationalgeographicjourneys.com) and has licensed G Adventures to organize and administer National Geographic Journeys tours. The Tour Operator is solely responsible for arranging and providing all the services and accommodations offered to you in connection with the Tour.
- By booking or traveling on a Tour, you certify that you do not have any mental, physical, or other condition that would create a hazard for yourself or other participants. NGP and the Tour Operator reserve the right in their sole discretion to accept, decline or remove any person on a Tour. NGP and the Tour Operator reserve the right, without penalty, to make changes in the published itinerary whenever, in their judgment, they deem it necessary for your comfort, convenience, or safety and in accordance with these Terms.
- In order to book a National Geographic Family Journeys Tour, you must be travelling as part of a “Family Unit”. A “Family Unit” is a group of two or more persons travelling and booking together, where at least one person is a minor in the care of at least one of the accompanying adults. One minor may accompany one or more adults for the purposes of being considered a Family Unit. The Tour Operator reserves the right to cancel the booking of anyone travelling or planning to travel on a National Geographic Family Journeys Tour who, in the Tour Operator’s sole discretion, do not properly constitute a Family Unit in accordance with this section or otherwise does not meet the Tour Operator’s requirements for participation in a National Geographic Family Journeys Tour.
- TAILORMADE TOURS: Price Validity: Upon receipt of your TailorMade booking request the Tour Operator will provide you with a quote for the chosen Tour. Prices quoted for all TailorMade Tours are valid until the date indicated on the quote, after which time the Tour Operator reserves the right to provide you with a revised quote. Any modifications to a TailorMade itinerary, including dates or number of people travelling, will be subject to a revised quote.
- ALL TOURS: Tour prices do not include international or other airfare unless expressly mentioned in the Tour’s descriptions. The Tour Operator will quote the best price available for the travel dates requested at the time the quote is prepared. Quotes provide an estimate only and are not a firm price commitment by the Tour Operator or the applicable air carrier(s).
- The Tour Operator acts only as a sales agent for the applicable air carrier and the air carrier terms and conditions apply to the purchase and use of the air travel ticket. Please consult the air carrier’s applicable terms and conditions and conditions of carriage for complete information including applicable cancellation terms. The Tour Operator is not responsible for changes in air itineraries or flight times and does not provide advice or alerts regarding air travel tickets, flight status or delays.
- All prices are in US Dollars.
- You acknowledge that the nature of adventure travel requires flexibility and acknowledge that you will permit reasonable alterations to products, services or itineraries by the Tour Operator. The route, schedules, accommodations, activities, amenities and mode of transportation are subject to change without notice due to unforeseeable circumstances or events outside the control of the Tour Operator (including but not limited to Force Majeure, illness, mechanical breakdown, flight cancellations, strikes, political events and entry or border difficulties). No reimbursements, discounts or refunds will be issued for services that are missed or unused after departure due to no fault of the Tour Operator, including your removal from a Tour because of your negligence or breach of these Terms.
- The Tour Operator may modify your itinerary where reasonably required in its sole discretion. If the Tour Operator makes a change affecting at least one in three full days of the itinerary or which materially affects the character of a product or service in its entirety (a “Material Change”), the Tour Operator will provide notice to you as soon as reasonably possible, provided that there is sufficient time to do so before departure. If a Material Change is made more than 14 days before departure, you may choose to do the following:
- i) accept the Material Change and proceed with the amended product or service; ii) book another product or service of equal or greater value, if available (you will be responsible for paying any difference in price); or iii) book another product or service of lesser value, if available (with a refund payable to you for the difference in price); or iv) cancel the amended product or service and receive a full refund for the land-only portion of the applicable product or service (a refund is not available for other products or services booked which are not subject to a Material Change). You must notify the Tour Operator of your choice within 7 days of receiving notice or you will be deemed to accept the amended itinerary.
- Once a Tour has departed, itinerary changes may be necessary as a result of unforeseen circumstances, operational concerns, or concerns for your health, safety, enjoyment or comfort. Any changes are at the discretion of the Tour Operator. You acknowledge that you must have reasonable financial resources to cover incidental expenses during all travel with the Tour Operator, whether or not such expenses arise from a change of itinerary, and the Tour Operator is not liable for your failure to prepare adequately for travel and unforeseen circumstances which may arise during travel. The Tour Operator will not be liable for any indirect and or consequential losses associated with any changes to a booking or itinerary.
- Changes made by you: You are responsible for ensuring that information provided to the Tour Operator is accurate and up-to-date. Any changes to your name on any booking are subject to the Tour Operator’s approval. Any changes to a booking depend on availability and are subject to the Tour Operator’s approval and these Terms. Any extra costs incurred for making the change will be charged to you along with an administrative fee. Cancellation of any Tour, product or service included in a booking will not be considered a change for purposes of this section and will be governed by the applicable cancellation terms. No changes are permitted to any booking within 10 days of departure of the first product or service on the applicable booking.
- For complete terms and conditions please visit the G Adventures Terms & Conditions for more information.