Vietnam Hike, Bike & Kayak
Embark on an active adventure on this Vietnam Hike, Bike & Kayak escorted tour. Travel from Ho Chi Minh to Hanoi through beautiful countryside, historic sites, along Ha Long Bay, a noodle demonstration, hike through the mountains of Mai Châu and meet the wonderful people calling this region home.
Indulge your love of fitness, history, and travel on an incredible vacation. Cycle to the remarkable C? Chi tunnels for a guided tour. Those really brave can even crawl through some of the tunnels which stored ammunition, were a base for attacking allied troops and had underground hospitals. Hop into your saddle, explore scenic rice paddies and peaceful villages before learning to prepare the noodles you will enjoy for lunch. Drive along famous Hai Van Pass winding through the mountains. Visit Hu?'s landmarks by bike visiting including the former Citadel and Tu Duc's tomb. In Mai Châu enjoy a traditional home-cooked meal and homestay after a nice hike in the mountains. Delve into Hanoi's Old Quarter and gain insight into time-honored traditions as you meander its winding streets. Kayak along glorious Ha Long Bay and spend the night on deck under the stars on a junk boat. Like-minded companions, fantastic views and unique experiences add to the memories you'll keep of a wonderful journey.
10 Days • fr. $1,311
Tour Highlights & Offers
- G FOR GOOD MOMENT: Oodles of Noodles Demonstration and Lunch, Hoi An
- LOCAL LIVING MOMENT: Mai Chau Homestay, Mai Châu
- ENTRANCE & TOUR Cu Chi Tunnels
- ESCORTED cycling trips
- ENTRANCE to the Emperor's Tomb and Citadel
- HIKE countryside
- OVERNIGHT Halong Bay cruise
- DELICIOUS seafood meals
- GUIDED EXCURSION sea-kayaking and cave visit
- KAYAK through limestone karsts in Halong Bay
- WALK among the hills of Mai Chau
- CYCLE through unspoiled countryside
- SOAK in the energy of Ho Chi Minh City
- VISIT tailors and beaches in Hoi An
- EXPLORE the vibrant streets of Hanoi
- SEE rock gardens, dark sea caves, lagoons
- CYCLE through rubber plantations and sleepy villages along rice fields to Củ Chi
- OVERNIGHT at a local family’s homestay
- Hike, kayak, bicycle, private vehicle, train, plane, junk boat
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout
- Age requirement: 12+ All travelers under age 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Tips for personal services and to tour directors and drivers are not included in tour cost and left to your discretion.
- All items of a personal nature (room service, beverages, telephone charges, laundry, special food requests, etc.) and meals not specified on the tour itinerary are not included and must be paid by the client.
- All rates exclude airfare unless expressly noted.
- White Lion Hotel in Ho Chi Minh City (1 night)
- Pho Hoi Riverside Resort in Hoi An (2 nights)
- Asia Hotel Huế in Huế (1 night)
- Basic Overnight Train from Huế to Hanoi (1 night)
- Mai Châu Homestay in Mai Châu (1 night)
- Minerva Hotel in Hanoi (2 nights)
- Halong Bay Overnight Cruise on Halong Bay (1 night)
HO CHI MINH CITY Location Information Description
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Arrive at any time. There are no activities planned until an evening welcome meeting. Meet your CEO and fellow travelers, and learn more about your tour. Opt to join the group for a local meal afterwards.
White Lion Hotel
HO CHI MINH CITY/HOI AN Location Information Description
Hoi An, Vietnam
Start off on the back roads. Ride through rubber plantations and sleepy villages where residents tend rice fields. See where rice paper is made.
Location Information Description
Cu Chi Tunnels, Vietnam
Finish the ride at the Cu Chi Tunnels, extensive underground bases and an example of one of the greatest advantages the Viet Cong held over the Americans in the war.
Take a guided tour of the Cu Chi Tunnels, a complex network of tunnels that the Viet Cong lived in to protect themselves from opposing forces during the Vietnam War. Try crawling through some of the tunnels (if you’re not claustrophobic).
Pho Hoi Riverside Resort
HOI AN Location Information Description
Hoi An, Vietnam
Explore the villages around Hoi An by bike. Cycle through rice paddies and along narrow country lanes, taking in scenes of daily life.
Enjoy a noodle making demonstration and lunch at Oodles of Noodles, a G Adventures-supported project. Try some of the oodles of noodles (more than 26 types!) available in this tasty cooking class. Then use free time in this quaint town to explore any way you like.
Pho Hoi Riverside Resort
HOI AN/HUE Location Information Description
Drive the Hai Van Pass to the ancient capital of Hue.
Asia Hotel Hue
HUE/HANOI Location Information Description
Set out on bicycles to discover Hue, visiting the former Citadel and Tu Duc's tomb. After spending the day cycling, head back to town before taking an overnight train to Hanoi.
Basic Overnight Train
HANOI/MAI CHAU Location Information Description
Mai Chau, Vietnam
Upon arrival in Hanoi, drive out into the nearby hills. Reach Mai Chau in the late morning and then take a hike around the area to visit some of the Thai minority people who call this valley home. Enjoy a home-cooked meal and sleep in a dormitory-style long house in traditional style.
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Mai Chau Homestay
MAI CHAU/HANOI Location Information Description
In the morning, transfer back to Hanoi. In the afternoon, cross the river and cycle around the quieter suburbs surrounding Hanoi.
Return to town to spend the evening exploring the and taking in the beautiful sites of the Old Quarter. Opt to attend a famous water puppets' performance and sample some of Hanoi's amazing eating venues.
HANOI/HA LONG Location Information Description
Halong Bay, Vietnam
Relax on a traditional junk boat cruise around Halong Bay and indulge in an included seafood lunch.
This afternoon, explore Halong Bay by kayak for a different perspective. Thousands of islands rise dramatically from the waters of Halong Bay and, to further their beauty, intricate cave systems naturally exist throughout these limestone karst formations. Your sailing junk will visit some of the islands and caves. Enjoy an evening drink on the deck beneath the stars.
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Halong Private Boat
HA LONG/HANOI Location Information Description
Halong Bay, Vietnam
Marvel at the limestone karsts of Halong Bay. In the morning, enjoy one last view of the magnificent limestone islands.
Location Information Description
Return to Hanoi in the mid-afternoon for a final night out. In the afternoon, delve deeper into the site of Hanoi and opt to explore the exterior of the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum and Hoa Lo Prison (Hanoi Hilton).
HANOI Location Information Description
Depart at any time.
- It is your responsibility to obtain information and to have in your possession all the required documentation and identification required for entry, departure and travel to each country or region. This includes a valid passport and all travel documents required by the relevant governmental authorities including all visas, permits and certificates (including but not limited to vaccination or medical certificates) and insurance policies. You must have a passport that is valid 6 months after the last date of travel with the Tour Operator as set out on your itinerary. You accept full responsibility for obtaining all such documents, visas and permits prior to the start of the Tour, and you are solely responsible for the full amount of costs incurred as a result of missing or defective documentation. You agree that you are responsible for the full amount of any loss or expense incurred by the Tour Operator that is a direct result of your failure to secure or be in possession of proper travel documentation.
- You agree that you are responsible for the full amount of any loss or expense incurred by the Tour Operator that is a direct result of your failure to secure or be in possession of proper travel documentation. The Tour Operator does not provide advice on travel documents and makes no representations or warrantees as to the accuracy or completeness of any information provided on visas, vaccinations, climate, clothing, baggage, or special equipment and you agree that the Tour Operator is not responsible for any errors or omissions in this information.
- Once a booking is cancelled the cancellation fees, if any, will be determined with reference to the date on which notice of cancellation is received by the Tour Operator and are expressed as a percentage of the total price paid for the cancelled Tour, product or service (excluding any insurance products).
- Cancellation received 60 days or more before departure of first product or service in relevant booking: Lifetime Deposit will be held by the Tour Operator in accordance with these Terms, the remainder of the payments made to the Tour Operator in respect of the cancelled product will be refunded.
- Cancellation received 30-59 days before departure of first product or service in relevant booking: Lifetime Deposit will be held by the Tour Operator in accordance with these Terms, an amount equal to 50% of the remainder of the payments made to the Tour Operator in respect of the cancelled Tour will be refunded.
- Cancellation less than 30 days before departure of first product or service in relevant booking: Lifetime Deposit will be held by the Tour Operator in accordance with these Terms, and no further refund will be payable.
- EXPEDITION TOURS: Cancellation 90 days or more before first departure on relevant booking: Lifetime Deposit will be held by the Tour Operator in accordance with these Terms and the remainder of the payments to the Tour Operator for the cancelled Tour will be refunded.
- Cancellation 60-89 days before first departure on relevant booking: Lifetime Deposit will be held by the Tour Operator in accordance with these Terms and an amount equal to 50% of the remainder of the payments made to the Tour Operation for the cancelled Tour will be refunded.
- Cancellation less than 60 days before first departure on relevant booking: Lifetime Deposit will be held by the Tour Operator in accordance with these Terms and no further refund will be payable.
- TAILOR MADE TOURS: Cancellation 90 days or more before first departure on relevant booking: 30% deposit will be held by the Tour Operator in accordance with these Terms and the remainder of the payments to the Tour Operator for the cancelled Tour will be refunded.
- Cancellation 60-89 days before first departure on relevant booking: An amount equal to 50% of the Tour price of the cancelled Tour will be refunded.
- Cancellation less than 60 days before first departure on relevant booking: No refund will be payable.
- CANCELLATION OF PRE AND POST CRUISE ACCOMMODATIONS, ADD-ON PACKAGES, KAYAKING AND THEME PARKS: Cancellation 60 days or more before first departure on relevant booking: All payments made to the Tour Operator will be refunded. Cancellation less than 60 days before first departure on relevant booking: no refund is payable.
- AIRFARE: Total price does not include any Instant Purchase Air or Instant Purchase Air service fees, which are non-refundable after 24 hours from purchase. Intra-vacation air is non-refundable after final payment.
- In many instances, airline revision or change fees can be up to $300, but in some instances may be up to 100% of the ticket price. Cancellation penalties will be quoted at time of cancellation.
- If flight changes, including, but not limited to, flight cancellations or name changes, are requested after full land and air deposits are received, revision fees, change fees, or airline cancellation fees will apply.
- ADDITIONAL SERVICES: Cancellation fees may also apply to any additional services, including extra night accommodations, independently supplied services, and optional excursions reserved prior to, during, and after the tour.
- ALL CANCELLATIONS must be received in writing prior to tour departure. The cancellation policy will apply according to the date that the cancellation notification is received. The MINIMUM cancellation penalty is the deposit amount.
- TRIP INSURANCE: The purchase of trip cancellation insurance is strongly recommended.
Terms and Conditions
- FAMILY TOURS: In order to book a Tour designated as a “Family Tour” by the Tour Operator, you must be travelling as part of a “Family Unit”. A “Family Unit” is a group of two or more persons travelling and booking together, where at least one person is a minor in the care of at least one of the accompanying adults. One minor may accompany one or more adults for the purposes of being considered a Family Unit. The Tour Operator reserves the right to cancel the booking of anyone travelling or planning to travel on a Family Tour who, in the Tour Operator’s sole discretion, do not properly constitute a Family Unit in accordance with this section or otherwise does not meet the Tour Operator’s requirements for participation in a Family Tour.
- 18-to-THIRTYSOMETHINGS TOURS: To travel on a “18-to-Thirtysomethings” Tour, you must be at least 18 years of age as of the date of first travel and comply with any other age restrictions as may be promulgated from time to time by G Adventures.
- EXPEDITION TOURS: Medical Form for Expedition Tours: The Tour Operator’s Medical Form is mandatory for all Expedition Tours. You must return your Medical Form signed by a licensed and practicing physician to the Tour Operator prior to or at the time of final payment for the applicable booking.
- The Vessel used in Expedition Tours carries onboard service providers, which may include medical staff, spa personnel, or entertainers who operate as independent contractors. Their services and products are charged as Optional Extras and they contract directly with you to provide any products and services you request. Neither the Tour Operator nor the Carrier is responsible for these Optional Extras and will not be liable for the acts or omissions of these service providers.
- Shore excursions on Expedition Tours (“Shore Excursions”) are subject to their own set of terms and conditions, separate and apart from these Terms, and may be reserved after an Expedition Tour has been booked and confirmed. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are fit to participate in Shore Excursions.
- NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC JOURNEYS WITH G ADVENTURES AND NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC FAMILY JOURNEYS: National Geographic Partners, LLC (for purposes of these Terms, collectively “NGP”) will provide educational enrichment as outlined in its catalog and on its website (nationalgeographicjourneys.com) and has licensed G Adventures to organize and administer National Geographic Journeys tours. The Tour Operator is solely responsible for arranging and providing all the services and accommodations offered to you in connection with the Tour.
- By booking or traveling on a Tour, you certify that you do not have any mental, physical, or other condition that would create a hazard for yourself or other participants. NGP and the Tour Operator reserve the right in their sole discretion to accept, decline or remove any person on a Tour. NGP and the Tour Operator reserve the right, without penalty, to make changes in the published itinerary whenever, in their judgment, they deem it necessary for your comfort, convenience, or safety and in accordance with these Terms.
- In order to book a National Geographic Family Journeys Tour, you must be travelling as part of a “Family Unit”. A “Family Unit” is a group of two or more persons travelling and booking together, where at least one person is a minor in the care of at least one of the accompanying adults. One minor may accompany one or more adults for the purposes of being considered a Family Unit. The Tour Operator reserves the right to cancel the booking of anyone travelling or planning to travel on a National Geographic Family Journeys Tour who, in the Tour Operator’s sole discretion, do not properly constitute a Family Unit in accordance with this section or otherwise does not meet the Tour Operator’s requirements for participation in a National Geographic Family Journeys Tour.
- TAILORMADE TOURS: Price Validity: Upon receipt of your TailorMade booking request the Tour Operator will provide you with a quote for the chosen Tour. Prices quoted for all TailorMade Tours are valid until the date indicated on the quote, after which time the Tour Operator reserves the right to provide you with a revised quote. Any modifications to a TailorMade itinerary, including dates or number of people travelling, will be subject to a revised quote.
- ALL TOURS: Tour prices do not include international or other airfare unless expressly mentioned in the Tour’s descriptions. The Tour Operator will quote the best price available for the travel dates requested at the time the quote is prepared. Quotes provide an estimate only and are not a firm price commitment by the Tour Operator or the applicable air carrier(s).
- The Tour Operator acts only as a sales agent for the applicable air carrier and the air carrier terms and conditions apply to the purchase and use of the air travel ticket. Please consult the air carrier’s applicable terms and conditions and conditions of carriage for complete information including applicable cancellation terms. The Tour Operator is not responsible for changes in air itineraries or flight times and does not provide advice or alerts regarding air travel tickets, flight status or delays.
- All prices are in US Dollars.
- You acknowledge that the nature of adventure travel requires flexibility and acknowledge that you will permit reasonable alterations to products, services or itineraries by the Tour Operator. The route, schedules, accommodations, activities, amenities and mode of transportation are subject to change without notice due to unforeseeable circumstances or events outside the control of the Tour Operator (including but not limited to Force Majeure, illness, mechanical breakdown, flight cancellations, strikes, political events and entry or border difficulties). No reimbursements, discounts or refunds will be issued for services that are missed or unused after departure due to no fault of the Tour Operator, including your removal from a Tour because of your negligence or breach of these Terms.
- The Tour Operator may modify your itinerary where reasonably required in its sole discretion. If the Tour Operator makes a change affecting at least one in three full days of the itinerary or which materially affects the character of a product or service in its entirety (a “Material Change”), the Tour Operator will provide notice to you as soon as reasonably possible, provided that there is sufficient time to do so before departure. If a Material Change is made more than 14 days before departure, you may choose to do the following:
- i) accept the Material Change and proceed with the amended product or service; ii) book another product or service of equal or greater value, if available (you will be responsible for paying any difference in price); or iii) book another product or service of lesser value, if available (with a refund payable to you for the difference in price); or iv) cancel the amended product or service and receive a full refund for the land-only portion of the applicable product or service (a refund is not available for other products or services booked which are not subject to a Material Change). You must notify the Tour Operator of your choice within 7 days of receiving notice or you will be deemed to accept the amended itinerary.
- Once a Tour has departed, itinerary changes may be necessary as a result of unforeseen circumstances, operational concerns, or concerns for your health, safety, enjoyment or comfort. Any changes are at the discretion of the Tour Operator. You acknowledge that you must have reasonable financial resources to cover incidental expenses during all travel with the Tour Operator, whether or not such expenses arise from a change of itinerary, and the Tour Operator is not liable for your failure to prepare adequately for travel and unforeseen circumstances which may arise during travel. The Tour Operator will not be liable for any indirect and or consequential losses associated with any changes to a booking or itinerary.
- Changes made by you: You are responsible for ensuring that information provided to the Tour Operator is accurate and up-to-date. Any changes to your name on any booking are subject to the Tour Operator’s approval. Any changes to a booking depend on availability and are subject to the Tour Operator’s approval and these Terms. Any extra costs incurred for making the change will be charged to you along with an administrative fee. Cancellation of any Tour, product or service included in a booking will not be considered a change for purposes of this section and will be governed by the applicable cancellation terms. No changes are permitted to any booking within 10 days of departure of the first product or service on the applicable booking.
- For complete terms and conditions please visit the G Adventures Terms & Conditions for more information.