Western Express Northbound
Check multiple boxes off your bucket list on this Western Express Northbound, escorted tour in California, Arizona and Nevada. Travel along storied Route 66. Marvel at the twisted trunks of the Joshua Tree and relax along Lake Havasu's shores. Hike along the Grand Canyon's rim and through Yosemite National Park. Challenge Lady Luck to a game of chance. Enjoy amazing views from the Golden Gate Bridge.
Visit beautiful National Parks and Hollywood hotspots, quirky roadside burger joints and the jackpot slots of Sin City. Visitors travel from around the world to see the iconic sites in the Western United States. Admire the gorgeous natural wonders found throughout U.S. National Parks, the clanging of cable cars in San Francisco and the stars along the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Enjoy a magical sunset at the Grand Canyon and be captivated by the stark scenery including sand dunes and badlands found in Death Valley. On a clear day you can see Alcatraz and more from the ArtDeco, Golden Gate Bridge. Visit renowned Fisherman's Wharf and browse along Rodeo Drive. There is something for all interests throughout this adventure.
8 Days • fr. $1,657
Tour Highlights & Offers
- WELCOME MOMENT: Meet Your CEO and Group
- WITNESS the twisted trees in Joshua Tree National Park
- EXPLORE Grand Canyon National Park
- SUNSET at the rim of the Grand Canyon
- GET YOUR KICKS on Route 66
- EXPERIENCE Fremont Street
- VISIT Death Valley National Park and Yosemite National Park
- VIEW Golden Gate Bridge
- SCENIC DRIVE Tioga Pass (seasonal)
- HIKE amongst the giant sequoias
- MARVEL AT Half Dome and El Capitan
- BASK in the big-city lights of Los Angeles and Las Vegas
- STROLL through the streets of San Francisco
- FEEL THE HEAT in Death Valley
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Air-conditioned private vehicle, hiking, walking
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout
- Tips for personal services and to tour directors and drivers are not included in tour cost and left to your discretion.
- All items of a personal nature (room service, beverages, telephone charges, laundry, special food requests, etc.) and meals not specified on the tour itinerary are not included and must be paid by the client.
- All rates exclude airfare unless expressly noted.
- 1 Dinner
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION - PLEASE READ: Allow USD$365-$475 for meals not included.
- Dunes Inn Sunset in Hollywood, California (1 night)
- Quality Inn & Suites Lake Havasu in Lake Havasu, Arizona (1 night)
- Red Feather Lodge in Grand Canyon Village, Arizona (1 night)
- Golden Nugget in Las Vegas, Nevada (1 night)
- La Quinta Bakersfield South in Bakersfield, California (1 night)
- The Pines Resort in Boss Lake, California (1 night)
- Le Meridien San Francisco in San Francisco, California (1 night)
LOS ANGELES Location Information Description
Los Angeles, USA
Arrive at any time. There are no activities planned until an evening welcome meeting. Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group. Your opportunity to meet your CEO and fellow travelers, and learn more about your tour. Opt to join the group for a local meal afterwards.
Dunes Inn Sunset
LOS ANGELES/LAKE HAVASU CITY Location Information Description
Lake Havasu City, USA
Look for celebs while heading out of town. Hike among the boulders and famous Joshua trees in Joshua Tree National Park, then end the day next to the crystal-clear waters of the Colorado River at Lake Havasu. Pack up the van in the morning and check out the stars on the most famous sidewalk in Hollywood, the Walk of Fame featuring celebrities’ handprints, footprints, and signatures in front of Grauman's Chinese Theatre; and views of the Hollywood sign on an orientation tour. Drive through Beverly Hills and be dazzled by one of the world's most exclusive three-block district: Rodeo Drive.
Quality Inn & Suites Lake Havasu City
LAKE HAVASU CITY/GRAND CANYON NATIONAL PARK Location Information Description
Grand Canyon, USA
Travel to the Grand Canyon. Take a short hike along the rim of the Grand Canyon. Enjoy sunset at the rim. Drive to one of the earth's greatest on-going geological spectacles, the Grand Canyon. Take a short hike (weather permitting) at the most spectacular gorge in the world and enjoy dinner at the rim while watching a stunning sunset. Visit the south rim of the canyon for a great first impression. Marvel as the Grand Canyon unfolds before you. Don't get too close. The land drops almost straight down for more than 3,280 ft into the serpentine canyons below! The gorge is filled with rocky buttes, sheer limestone cliffs, and deep canyons all arrayed in a rainbow of colors. Words defy. This is truly one of the most magnificent sights on earth.
Red Feather Lodge
GRAND CANYON NATIONAL PARK/LAS VEGAS Location Information Description
Grand Canyon, USA
Spend the morning at the Grand Canyon. Get a bird's-eye view with an optional helicopter flight.
Location Information Description
After, get your kicks on Route 66 and stop at one of the wackiest, roadside burger joints around. Seligman (Route 66) Visit Seligman Take a trip back in time to the birthplace of Route 66. Established in the early 1900s as the first transcontinental highways in the U.S, Route 66 has a lot of history on it's original length of almost 2,500 miles. Starting in Chicago, Illinois and travelling through Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, and Arizona, before ending at the ocean in Santa Monica California. The creation of the Interstate system bypassed the majority of Route 66, creating ghost towns along it's original route, though there are a few iconic Americana towns still delivering experiences from the past. Check out the historic general store, original motels, and don't forget to get your kicks!
Location Information Description
Las Vegas, USA
Continue towards Sin City to enjoy exploring the Vegas Strip.
LAS VEGAS/SIERRA NEVADAS Location Information Description
Sierra Nevadas, USA
Head to desolate Death Valley — the hottest, driest, and lowest spot in North America. The Death Valley is one of America’s most extreme locations – from sand dunes and desert, to badlands, towering peaks, and a basin that actually registers below sea-level, this is sure to be an unforgettable stop. Hottest. Driest. Lowest. There’s a bit of everything here on the border of California and Nevada. Continue across California towards the Sierra Nevada mountain range.
La Quinta Bakersfield South
SIERRA NEVADAS/YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK Location Information Description
Yosemite National Park, USA
Travel to Yosemite to hike among the giant sequoias and stand in awe of Half Dome and El Capitan. Picturesque valleys, vast wilderness, powerful waterfalls, elusive wildlife, ancient sequoias and more than 16 types of granite make up this internationally recognized national park. Hike the trails, get up close to ancient rock formations and take panoramic photos of this gorgeous landscape. Keep an eye out for black bears, deer, and coyotes.
The Pines Resort
YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK/SAN FRANCISCO Location Information Description
San Francisco, USA
Depart in the morning for one of the greatest cities in the world: San Francisco. Discover some of the iconic attractions such as bustling Fisherman's Wharf and the stately Golden Gate Bridge, a marvel of engineering and Art Deco design. Leave the Sierra Nevadas and stop to try some of the region's best produce en route to the coast. On the way through San Francisco, take in some first sights.
California's Central Valley is one of the most productive agricultural regions in the United States. Nestled in between California's Coastal Range and the Sierra Nevadas, the region is known for fruits, vegetables and nuts. Stop in the heart of the valley to sample some of the seasonal favorites.
Stop at the Golden Gate Bridge, where on a clear day you can see the San Francisco skyline, Alcatraz and the Bay Bridge to one side and the Pacific Ocean on the other. Opt to sail into the sunset in San Francisco Bay or take a cable car ride over the steep hills.
Le Meridien San Francisco
SAN FRANCISCO Location Information Description
San Francisco, USA
Depart at any time.
- ALL guests must carefully verify the existing identification requirements for their particular travel situation DIRECTLY WITH THEIR LOCAL CONSULATES OR EMBASSIES or with a visa service, as these requirements may change. Guests without proper documentation may be denied entry and will not be entitled to a refund.
- It is your responsibility to obtain information and to have in your possession all the required documentation and identification required for entry, departure and travel to each country or region. This includes a valid passport and all travel documents required by the relevant governmental authorities including all visas, permits and certificates (including but not limited to vaccination or medical certificates) and insurance policies. You must have a passport that is valid 6 months after the last date of travel with the Tour Operator as set out on your itinerary. You accept full responsibility for obtaining all such documents, visas and permits prior to the start of the Tour, and you are solely responsible for the full amount of costs incurred as a result of missing or defective documentation. You agree that you are responsible for the full amount of any loss or expense incurred by the Tour Operator that is a direct result of your failure to secure or be in possession of proper travel documentation.
- You agree that you are responsible for the full amount of any loss or expense incurred by the Tour Operator that is a direct result of your failure to secure or be in possession of proper travel documentation. The Tour Operator does not provide advice on travel documents and makes no representations or warrantees as to the accuracy or completeness of any information provided on visas, vaccinations, climate, clothing, baggage, or special equipment and you agree that the Tour Operator is not responsible for any errors or omissions in this information.
- Once a booking is cancelled the cancellation fees, if any, will be determined with reference to the date on which notice of cancellation is received by the Tour Operator and are expressed as a percentage of the total price paid for the cancelled Tour, product or service (excluding any insurance products).
- Cancellation received 60 days or more before departure of first product or service in relevant booking: Lifetime Deposit will be held by the Tour Operator in accordance with these Terms, the remainder of the payments made to the Tour Operator in respect of the cancelled product will be refunded.
- Cancellation received 30-59 days before departure of first product or service in relevant booking: Lifetime Deposit will be held by the Tour Operator in accordance with these Terms, an amount equal to 50% of the remainder of the payments made to the Tour Operator in respect of the cancelled Tour will be refunded.
- Cancellation less than 30 days before departure of first product or service in relevant booking: Lifetime Deposit will be held by the Tour Operator in accordance with these Terms, and no further refund will be payable.
- EXPEDITION TOURS: Cancellation 90 days or more before first departure on relevant booking: Lifetime Deposit will be held by the Tour Operator in accordance with these Terms and the remainder of the payments to the Tour Operator for the cancelled Tour will be refunded.
- Cancellation 60-89 days before first departure on relevant booking: Lifetime Deposit will be held by the Tour Operator in accordance with these Terms and an amount equal to 50% of the remainder of the payments made to the Tour Operation for the cancelled Tour will be refunded.
- Cancellation less than 60 days before first departure on relevant booking: Lifetime Deposit will be held by the Tour Operator in accordance with these Terms and no further refund will be payable.
- TAILOR MADE TOURS: Cancellation 90 days or more before first departure on relevant booking: 30% deposit will be held by the Tour Operator in accordance with these Terms and the remainder of the payments to the Tour Operator for the cancelled Tour will be refunded.
- Cancellation 60-89 days before first departure on relevant booking: An amount equal to 50% of the Tour price of the cancelled Tour will be refunded.
- Cancellation less than 60 days before first departure on relevant booking: No refund will be payable.
- CANCELLATION OF PRE AND POST CRUISE ACCOMMODATIONS, ADD-ON PACKAGES, KAYAKING AND THEME PARKS: Cancellation 60 days or more before first departure on relevant booking: All payments made to the Tour Operator will be refunded. Cancellation less than 60 days before first departure on relevant booking: no refund is payable.
- AIRFARE: Total price does not include any Instant Purchase Air or Instant Purchase Air service fees, which are non-refundable after 24 hours from purchase. Intra-vacation air is non-refundable after final payment.
- In many instances, airline revision or change fees can be up to $300, but in some instances may be up to 100% of the ticket price. Cancellation penalties will be quoted at time of cancellation.
- If flight changes, including, but not limited to, flight cancellations or name changes, are requested after full land and air deposits are received, revision fees, change fees, or airline cancellation fees will apply.
- ADDITIONAL SERVICES: Cancellation fees may also apply to any additional services, including extra night accommodations, independently supplied services, and optional excursions reserved prior to, during, and after the tour.
- ALL CANCELLATIONS must be received in writing prior to tour departure. The cancellation policy will apply according to the date that the cancellation notification is received. The MINIMUM cancellation penalty is the deposit amount.
- TRIP INSURANCE: The purchase of trip cancellation insurance is strongly recommended.
Terms and Conditions
- FAMILY TOURS: In order to book a Tour designated as a “Family Tour” by the Tour Operator, you must be travelling as part of a “Family Unit”. A “Family Unit” is a group of two or more persons travelling and booking together, where at least one person is a minor in the care of at least one of the accompanying adults. One minor may accompany one or more adults for the purposes of being considered a Family Unit. The Tour Operator reserves the right to cancel the booking of anyone travelling or planning to travel on a Family Tour who, in the Tour Operator’s sole discretion, do not properly constitute a Family Unit in accordance with this section or otherwise does not meet the Tour Operator’s requirements for participation in a Family Tour.
- 18-to-THIRTYSOMETHINGS TOURS: To travel on a “18-to-Thirtysomethings” Tour, you must be at least 18 years of age as of the date of first travel and comply with any other age restrictions as may be promulgated from time to time by G Adventures.
- EXPEDITION TOURS: Medical Form for Expedition Tours: The Tour Operator’s Medical Form is mandatory for all Expedition Tours. You must return your Medical Form signed by a licensed and practicing physician to the Tour Operator prior to or at the time of final payment for the applicable booking.
- The Vessel used in Expedition Tours carries onboard service providers, which may include medical staff, spa personnel, or entertainers who operate as independent contractors. Their services and products are charged as Optional Extras and they contract directly with you to provide any products and services you request. Neither the Tour Operator nor the Carrier is responsible for these Optional Extras and will not be liable for the acts or omissions of these service providers.
- Shore excursions on Expedition Tours (“Shore Excursions”) are subject to their own set of terms and conditions, separate and apart from these Terms, and may be reserved after an Expedition Tour has been booked and confirmed. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are fit to participate in Shore Excursions.
- NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC JOURNEYS WITH G ADVENTURES AND NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC FAMILY JOURNEYS: National Geographic Partners, LLC (for purposes of these Terms, collectively “NGP”) will provide educational enrichment as outlined in its catalog and on its website (nationalgeographicjourneys.com) and has licensed G Adventures to organize and administer National Geographic Journeys tours. The Tour Operator is solely responsible for arranging and providing all the services and accommodations offered to you in connection with the Tour.
- By booking or traveling on a Tour, you certify that you do not have any mental, physical, or other condition that would create a hazard for yourself or other participants. NGP and the Tour Operator reserve the right in their sole discretion to accept, decline or remove any person on a Tour. NGP and the Tour Operator reserve the right, without penalty, to make changes in the published itinerary whenever, in their judgment, they deem it necessary for your comfort, convenience, or safety and in accordance with these Terms.
- In order to book a National Geographic Family Journeys Tour, you must be travelling as part of a “Family Unit”. A “Family Unit” is a group of two or more persons travelling and booking together, where at least one person is a minor in the care of at least one of the accompanying adults. One minor may accompany one or more adults for the purposes of being considered a Family Unit. The Tour Operator reserves the right to cancel the booking of anyone travelling or planning to travel on a National Geographic Family Journeys Tour who, in the Tour Operator’s sole discretion, do not properly constitute a Family Unit in accordance with this section or otherwise does not meet the Tour Operator’s requirements for participation in a National Geographic Family Journeys Tour.
- TAILORMADE TOURS: Price Validity: Upon receipt of your TailorMade booking request the Tour Operator will provide you with a quote for the chosen Tour. Prices quoted for all TailorMade Tours are valid until the date indicated on the quote, after which time the Tour Operator reserves the right to provide you with a revised quote. Any modifications to a TailorMade itinerary, including dates or number of people travelling, will be subject to a revised quote.
- ALL TOURS: Tour prices do not include international or other airfare unless expressly mentioned in the Tour’s descriptions. The Tour Operator will quote the best price available for the travel dates requested at the time the quote is prepared. Quotes provide an estimate only and are not a firm price commitment by the Tour Operator or the applicable air carrier(s).
- The Tour Operator acts only as a sales agent for the applicable air carrier and the air carrier terms and conditions apply to the purchase and use of the air travel ticket. Please consult the air carrier’s applicable terms and conditions and conditions of carriage for complete information including applicable cancellation terms. The Tour Operator is not responsible for changes in air itineraries or flight times and does not provide advice or alerts regarding air travel tickets, flight status or delays.
- All prices are in US Dollars.
- You acknowledge that the nature of adventure travel requires flexibility and acknowledge that you will permit reasonable alterations to products, services or itineraries by the Tour Operator. The route, schedules, accommodations, activities, amenities and mode of transportation are subject to change without notice due to unforeseeable circumstances or events outside the control of the Tour Operator (including but not limited to Force Majeure, illness, mechanical breakdown, flight cancellations, strikes, political events and entry or border difficulties). No reimbursements, discounts or refunds will be issued for services that are missed or unused after departure due to no fault of the Tour Operator, including your removal from a Tour because of your negligence or breach of these Terms.
- The Tour Operator may modify your itinerary where reasonably required in its sole discretion. If the Tour Operator makes a change affecting at least one in three full days of the itinerary or which materially affects the character of a product or service in its entirety (a “Material Change”), the Tour Operator will provide notice to you as soon as reasonably possible, provided that there is sufficient time to do so before departure. If a Material Change is made more than 14 days before departure, you may choose to do the following:
- i) accept the Material Change and proceed with the amended product or service; ii) book another product or service of equal or greater value, if available (you will be responsible for paying any difference in price); or iii) book another product or service of lesser value, if available (with a refund payable to you for the difference in price); or iv) cancel the amended product or service and receive a full refund for the land-only portion of the applicable product or service (a refund is not available for other products or services booked which are not subject to a Material Change). You must notify the Tour Operator of your choice within 7 days of receiving notice or you will be deemed to accept the amended itinerary.
- Once a Tour has departed, itinerary changes may be necessary as a result of unforeseen circumstances, operational concerns, or concerns for your health, safety, enjoyment or comfort. Any changes are at the discretion of the Tour Operator. You acknowledge that you must have reasonable financial resources to cover incidental expenses during all travel with the Tour Operator, whether or not such expenses arise from a change of itinerary, and the Tour Operator is not liable for your failure to prepare adequately for travel and unforeseen circumstances which may arise during travel. The Tour Operator will not be liable for any indirect and or consequential losses associated with any changes to a booking or itinerary.
- Changes made by you: You are responsible for ensuring that information provided to the Tour Operator is accurate and up-to-date. Any changes to your name on any booking are subject to the Tour Operator’s approval. Any changes to a booking depend on availability and are subject to the Tour Operator’s approval and these Terms. Any extra costs incurred for making the change will be charged to you along with an administrative fee. Cancellation of any Tour, product or service included in a booking will not be considered a change for purposes of this section and will be governed by the applicable cancellation terms. No changes are permitted to any booking within 10 days of departure of the first product or service on the applicable booking.
- For complete terms and conditions please visit the G Adventures Terms & Conditions for more information.