Best of Spain
Discover the best that Spain has to offer as you discover the cities of Madrid, Seville, Granada, Valencia, and Barcelona. Explore each cities historical sights. Visit some of the country’s most magnificent cathedrals including Barcelona’s amazing Sagrada Familia. Soak in world-class art and enjoy the different cultures, wines and cuisines of each city that you visit.
The 9 day Best of Spain tour from Globus Tours will whisk you away into the excitement and romance that Spain can provide. Your travel tour will not only feature a wide variety of destinations to give you the most in-depth experience it will also include extended stays in some of the most fantastic hotels in all of Spain. Travel in style as you learn about the history and art of Spain and enjoy some of the outstanding Spanish food along the way as you enjoy your 9 day Best of Spain tour from Globus Tours.
9 Days • fr. $2,159
Tour Highlights & Offers
- Guided sightseeing tour of Madrid including a visit to the Prado Museum
- Guided walking tour of Cordoba including a visit to the Mosque of the Caliphs
- Visit the Plaza de España in Seville with a guided sightseeing tour including a visit the Casa de Pilatos, and a walk through the Santa Cruz quarter
- Guided walking tour of Granada including a visit the Alhambra complex and the Water Gardens of the Generalife
- Guided walking tour of Valencia
- Guided sightseeing of Barcelona including a visit to the Sagrada Familia Basilica and a panoramic view from Montjuïc Hill
- Headsets throughout the tour
- Free Wi-Fi available on your motorcoach and in most hotel lobbies.
- Tips for personal services and to tour directors and drivers are not included in tour cost and left to your discretion.
- All items of a personal nature (room service, beverages, telephone charges, laundry, special food requests, etc.) and meals not specified on the tour itinerary are not included and must be paid by the client.
- All rates exclude airfare unless expressly noted.
- Full buffet breakfast daily (except Day 1)
- 4 three-course dinners with wine, including a welcome dinner in Madrid, a special paella dinner in Valencia, and a special farewell dinner in Barcelona
- Novotel Madrid Center Hotel in Madrid (2 nights)
- Sevilla Center Hotel in Seville (2 nights)
- Hotel Saray in Granada (1 night)
- NH Center Hotel in Valencia (1night)
- Catalonia Barcelona Plaza Hotel in Barcelona (2 nights)
ARRIVE IN MADRID, SPAIN
Welcome to Madrid! At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for a welcome dinner at your hotel.
NOVOTEL MADRID CENTER
Madrid today is a strikingly modern city, the showcase of a country resolutely turned towards the future. Your Local Guide takes you to the Puerta del Sol, Plaza de España with its monument to Cervantes, the Parliament, Cibeles Fountain, elegant Calle Alcala, and Paseo de Castellana. Today's highlight is a visit to the palatial Prado Museum, founded in 1819, and considered to have one of the finest collections of European art of the last 8 centuries, with the works of Goya, El Greco, Rubens, Titian, and more. To make the most of your stay, exciting optional excursions are available.
Novotel Madrid CenterNovotel Madrid CenterNovotel
Drive south through the arid landscapes of Don Quixote’s La Mancha to Cordoba, where sightseeing with a Local Guide includes the medieval Jewish Quarter, the Mosque of the Caliphs, famous for its 850 pillars of porphyry, marble, and jasper, the Roman Bridge, and the remains of the Alcazar.
Next is Seville, the vibrant, festive capital of Andalusia.
HOTEL SEVILLA CENTER
Start with a visit to magnificent Plaza de Espana, used in the movies Lawrence of Arabia and Star Wars. Meet your Local Guide, and hear about the city’s role in Roman times, its conquest by the Moors in 712 AD, and its contribution to the discovery of the New World. Admire Maria Luisa Park, the Golden Tower on the Guadalquivir River, and the university that was once the tobacco factory of Carmen fame. Also visit the magnificent Casa de Pilatos, a mixture of Moorish and Roman architecture with a splendid collection of Roman sculptures. Then, stroll through the narrow lanes of the charming Santa Cruz Quarter. For those interested, an optional extended guided visit to the cathedral is available. Tonight, for a truly Andalusian night out, reserve a seat at our optional Flamenco show.
HOTEL SEVILLA CENTER
Sightseeing with a Local Guide features Granada’s main attraction: the Alhambra Complex. The mighty yet graceful citadel was planned by 13th-century Moorish ruler Al Ahamar. A fantasy of “lace in stone” surrounded by arabesque gardens and fountains, it affords superb views of the Old Quarter and Sacromonte, a mountain occupied by Gypsy cave dwellers. Also amble through the magnificent Water Gardens of teh Generalife, the royal summer residence.
Cross Mora Pass and the troglodyte cave dwellings, hollowed out of the soft tufa stone, near Purullena and Guadix on your way to Valencia, once a royal capital. During your guided walking tour, Valencia’s Roman, Moorish, and Spanish history comes alive. Taste a traditional Horchata drink, and tonight, a paella dinner has been prepared at La Marcelina restaurant.
NH CENTER HOTEL
A scenic drive along the coast brings you to Barcelona, Spain’s second-largest city and host of the Olympic Games in 1992.
CATALONIA BARCELONA PLAZA HOTEL
n the morning, an optional excursion to Montserrat is available. Later, sightseeing with a Local Guide features the Columbus Monument, Plaza de Cataluña, and Paseo de Gràcia. Visit the spectacular Sagrada Familia Basilica, Gaudi’s masterpiece, followed by a panoramic view of the city and harbor from Montjuïc Hill. Tonight, enjoy a Sangria and farewell dinner at La Fonda del Port Olimpic restaurant to say adios to your traveling companions.
CATALONIA BARCELONA PLAZA HOTEL
- 45-22 days prior to commencement of services: 20% of total price*
- 21-8 days prior to commencement of services: 30% of total price*
- 7-1 days prior to commencement of services: 50% of total price*
- On departure day and later: 100% of total price*
- *Total price does not include any Instant Purchase Air or Instant Purchase Air service fees, which are non-refundable after 24 hours from purchase. Intra-vacation air is non-refundable after final payment.
- Cancellation fees may also apply to any additional services, including extra night accommodations, independently supplied services, and optional excursions reserved prior to, during, and after the tour. If flight changes, including, but not limited to, flight cancellations or name changes, are requested after full land and air deposits are received, revision fees, change fees, or airline cancellation fees will apply.
- In many instances, airline revision or change fees can be up to $300, but in some instances may be up to 100% of the ticket price. Cancellation penalties will be quoted at time of cancellation.
- All cancellations must be received in writing prior to tour departure. The cancellation policy will apply according to the date that the cancellation notification is received. The MINIMUM cancellation penalty is the deposit amount.
- The purchase to trip cancellation insurance is strongly recommended.
Terms and Conditions
- Land only “from price” is per person based on two people sharing a room together and does not include airfare unless expressly stated.
- All prices are in US Dollars.
- A $250 non-refundable, non-transferable, per-person, per-vacation deposit is required to reserve space for you, with some limited exceptions, as noted below. Payment of the deposit indicates you have read and accepted theseall Terms & Conditions. Your booking is not confirmed until the deposit payment is processed and you receive a confirmation invoice.
- Final payment is due 45 days prior to departure, with some limited exceptions, as noted below. Within the final payment date, payment in full is required at time of booking to reserve space. Reservations (land, cruise, and air) are canceled if final payment is not received by the due date. The payment policy may vary for group reservations.
- Additional deposits or payments are required for international air added to the start and/or end of your vacation and/or for intra-vacation air, as specified in the itinerary (“air-inclusive vacations”). Air-inclusive vacation pricing is guaranteed upon receipt of full land plus air deposit or land deposit plus full airfare price, depending on type of airfare purchased (Flex-Air or Instant Purchase Air).
- For complete terms and conditions please visit the Globus Terms & Conditions for more information.