Nothing can surpass the images of ancient Greece than actually being there. View the ancient archeological sites including the Acropolis, Olympia, Delphi and Corinth. Visit ancient open air theaters, excavations, and historic monasteries. Learn about Greek history and culture first hand with exclusive cooking demonstrations and Greek dance lessons.
The 8 day Classical Greece tour from Globus Tours is a grand experience from start to finish. You'll learn so much about Greece in just over a week from the history and art to the architecture and culinary delights that make this such a giving country to visit. If you're looking for a well-rounded tour that in full of knowledge about the Greek experience, the 8 day Classical Greece tour from Globus Tours is absolutely perfect for you.
8 Days • fr. $1,804
Tour Highlights & Offers
- Welcome drink and a guided sightseeing tour including a visit the Acropolis
- Guided tour of Corinth
- Guided visit of the excavations and museum in Mycenae
- Guided visit of the 2,300-year-old open-air theater in Epidaurus
- Guided visit of the archaeological site and the museum in Olympia and learn how to make the traditional Greek tzatziki appetizer
- Guided visit of the excavations and a visit the Archaeological Museum in Delphi. Plus, learn to dance the sirtaki and have a glass of Ouzo
- Guided visit of the Varlaam and St. Stephen’s Monasteries in the Meteora area
- Guided tour of Thermoplae
- Headsets throughout the tour
- Free Wi-Fi available on your motorcoach and in most hotel lobbies.
- Tips for personal services and to tour directors and drivers are not included in tour cost and left to your discretion.
- All items of a personal nature (room service, beverages, telephone charges, laundry, special food requests, etc.) and meals not specified on the tour itinerary are not included and must be paid by the client.
- All rates exclude airfare unless expressly noted.
- Full buffet breakfast daily (except Day 1)
- 4 three-course dinners with wine
- Zafolia Hotel in Athens (3 nights)
- Amalia Nauplia Hotel in Nauplia (1 night)
- Europa Hotel in Olympia (1 night)
- Amalia Delphi Hotel in Delphi (1 night)
- Amalia Kalambaka Hotel in Meteora (1 night)
- The hotels listed are intended to be used on all departures however Globus reserves the right to substitute other hotels than those listed. If a change becomes necessary for any reason, the hotel substituted will be of equivalent quality to those listed. No refunds are provided for hotel changes and full cancellation penalties apply.
Welcome to Athens! At 6 pm, meet your traveling companions for a welcome drink with your Tour Director.
Sightseeing with a Local Guide features a visit to the world-famous Acropolis, perched high on a rocky outcrop overlooking the city. Here, see the Parthenon, the Erechtheum with its Porch of Maidens, and the Temple of Athena Nike. Enjoy a panoramic view that includes glimpses of the Temple of Olympian Zeus, Theater of Dionysus, and the beautifully preserved Theseum, where Socrates taught.
Later, a city orientation tour features the Parliament House and a picture stop at the Panathenaic Stadium. Built in the 2nd century AD, it is the only stadium in the world built entirely of marble, and was host to the opening and closing ceremonies of the first modern Olympics in 1896. The rest of the day is at leisure. Tonight, perhaps join an optional dinner outing to sample local fare.
Cross the spectacular Corinth Canal, then visit Ancient Corinth, where St. Paul preached. Next two great highlights are discovered, Mycenae and Epidaurus.
We will visit Mycenae, where 19th-century excavations reveal impressions of the splendors so vividly described by Homer. Admire the Beehive Tombs, known as the Treasury of Atreus, Lion Gate, Europe’s oldest known monument, remains of Agamemnon’s Royal Palace, and the impressive fortifications of the Citadel. Also visit the museum. Then, a short drive to Epidaurus for a tour of its amazingly well-preserved 2,300-year-old open-air theater.
Enjoy dinner and overnight in nearby Nauplia.
HOTEL AMALIA NAUPLIA
Spectacular scenery on the way through the Arkadian Mountains. Then, spend the afternoon in Olympia, where athletes of antiquity competed in honor of the king of deities. Learn about the history of those original Olympic Games as you walk among the impressive remains of the Gymnasium and the Temples of Hera and Zeus. Also visit the MUSEUM that displays Praxiteles’ magnificent statue of Hermes. Tonight, enjoy a cooking demonstration and learn how to make the traditional Greek tzatziki appetizer.
Via the busy seaport of Patras, proceed to mystic Delphi. The afternoon is devoted to a fascinating tour of the ancient sanctuary of the god Apollo in its dramatic setting on Mount Parnassus. Hear about the Oracle and tour the excavations. End the day with a visit to the Archaeological Museum to admire the Charioteer, an extraordinary 5th-century BC bronze statue. A highlight this evening is a dance lesson, where you’ll learn how to dance the sirtaki, made famous in the movie Zorba the Greek, accompanied by a glass of Ouzo.
HOTEL AMALIA DELPHI
Drive past Lamia and Trikala to Kalambaka in the unreal, fantastic landscape of Meteora with its rock-top monasteries. Visit Varlaam Monastery, famous for its frescoes, and ST. Stephen's Monastery, featuring a unique collection of icons and an incredible panoramic view. (Ladies should pack one long skirt, as shorts or trousers may be inappropriate when visiting the monasteries.)
AMALIA KALAMBAKA HOTEL
Today’s highlight is a guided visit to Thermopylae, the site of the heroic battle of Leonidas’ 300 doomed Spartans against Xerxes’ huge Persian army.
On the way back to Athens, your Tour Director will tell you about Thebes, the setting of Sophocles’ Oedipus Rex, and Marathon, where 10,000 Athenians defeated more than twice that number of Persian invaders in 490 BC. Tonight, you may wish to join an optional dinner at a local restaurant.
Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning.
- 45-22 days prior to commencement of services: 20% of total price*
- 21-8 days prior to commencement of services: 30% of total price*
- 7-1 days prior to commencement of services: 50% of total price*
- On departure day and later: 100% of total price*
- *Total price does not include any Instant Purchase Air or Instant Purchase Air service fees, which are non-refundable after 24 hours from purchase. Intra-vacation air is non-refundable after final payment.
- Cancellation fees may also apply to any additional services, including extra night accommodations, independently supplied services, and optional excursions reserved prior to, during, and after the tour. If flight changes, including, but not limited to, flight cancellations or name changes, are requested after full land and air deposits are received, revision fees, change fees, or airline cancellation fees will apply.
- In many instances, airline revision or change fees can be up to $300, but in some instances may be up to 100% of the ticket price. Cancellation penalties will be quoted at time of cancellation.
- All cancellations must be received in writing prior to tour departure. The cancellation policy will apply according to the date that the cancellation notification is received. The MINIMUM cancellation penalty is the deposit amount.
- The purchase to trip cancellation insurance is strongly recommended.
Terms and Conditions
- Land only “from price” is per person based on two people sharing a room together and does not include airfare unless expressly stated.
- All prices are in US Dollars.
- A $250 non-refundable, non-transferable, per-person, per-vacation deposit is required to reserve space for you, with some limited exceptions, as noted below. Payment of the deposit indicates you have read and accepted theseall Terms & Conditions. Your booking is not confirmed until the deposit payment is processed and you receive a confirmation invoice.
- Final payment is due 45 days prior to departure, with some limited exceptions, as noted below. Within the final payment date, payment in full is required at time of booking to reserve space. Reservations (land, cruise, and air) are canceled if final payment is not received by the due date. The payment policy may vary for group reservations.
- Additional deposits or payments are required for international air added to the start and/or end of your vacation and/or for intra-vacation air, as specified in the itinerary (“air-inclusive vacations”). Air-inclusive vacation pricing is guaranteed upon receipt of full land plus air deposit or land deposit plus full airfare price, depending on type of airfare purchased (Flex-Air or Instant Purchase Air).
- For complete terms and conditions please visit the Globus Terms & Conditions for more information.