The Emerald Isle is famous for its spectacular scenery, historic sights and friendly Irish culture. This guided tour will take you to Dublin, Ballina, Galway, Limerick, Killarney and Waterford. Visit castles, medieval ruins, the dramatic Cliffs of Moher and the panoramic Ring of Kerry. Exclusive experiences include a visit to a sheep farm and lunch at a traditional pub.
The 10 day Emerald Isle tour from Globus Tours is an unbelievable way to experience Ireland for the first time or even add on to your great memories of the Emerald Isle. This tour winds through Ireland, featuring a wide variety of activities and visiting some of the most popular destinations in the country. Book your 10 day Emerald Isle tour from Globus Tours now.
10 Days • fr. $2,177
Tour Highlights & Offers
- Orientation drive of Dublin
- Guided tour of Irish National Stud in Kildare
- Guided tour of Strokestone House, gardens, and Famine Museum
- Visit to the Benedictine Abbey in Kylemore
- Visit a marble workshop in Connemara
- Orientation tour of Galway
- Ferry to and from Inishmore in the Aran Islands. Hear a presentation on life on the island by a local historian, take a minibus tour with a driver-guide and visit Dun Aengus
- See a farmer at work at Rathburn Farm, bake your own scones and enjoy morning coffee in the farmhouse
- Savor the spectacular views of the Cliffs of Moher
- Orientation drive of Limerick and a visit to King John’s castle
- Guided tour of the Flying Boat Museum in Foynes and enjoy an Irish Coffee
- Scenic peninsula drive in the Ring of Kerry
- Horse-drawn jaunting car ride in Killarney
- Visit the famous village of Blarney
- Guided tour of the House of Waterford Crystal in Waterford
- Guided tour of the handweaving mill in Avoca
- Guided tour of St. Kevin’s center of Irish Christianity in Glendalough
- Headsets throughout the tour
- Free Wi-Fi available on your motorcoach and in most hotel lobbies.
- Tips for personal services and to tour directors and drivers are not included in tour cost and left to your discretion.
- All items of a personal nature (room service, beverages, telephone charges, laundry, special food requests, etc.) and meals not specified on the tour itinerary are not included and must be paid by the client.
- All rates exclude airfare unless expressly noted.
- Full Irish breakfast daily (except Day 1)
- 1 lunch at a local pub
- 4 three-course dinners with wine and choice of menus, including a welcome dinner in Dublin
- The Gibson Hotel in Dublin (1 night)
- Ballina Manor Hotel in Ballina (1 night)
- Galmont Hotel and Spa in Galway (2 nights)
- Limerick Strand Hotel in Limerick (1 night)
- Killarney Towers Hotel in Killarney (2 nights)
- Granville Hotel in Waterford (1 night)
- Hilton Dublin Kilmainham Hotel in Dublin (1 night)
- The hotels listed are intended to be used on all departures however Globus reserves the right to substitute other hotels than those listed. If a change becomes necessary for any reason, the hotel substituted will be of equivalent quality to those listed. No refunds are provided for hotel changes and full cancellation penalties apply.
ARRIVE IN DUBLIN, IRELAND
Céad míle fáilte—a hundred-thousand welcomes! Check into your hotel. At 3 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for an afternoon orientation drive through statue-lined O’Connell Street, elegant Georgian squares, and past St. Patrick’s Cathedral and Oscar Wilde’s Trinity College. Tonight, enjoy a welcome dinner at your hotel.
THE GIBSON HOTEL
Horse-racing country awaits this morning. Drive across the Curragh to the Irish National Stud at Kildare, whose thoroughbreds command respect on the racecourses of the world.
Then, head north to Longford for a guided tour of Strokestown House, the 1740s mansion with its fine gardens. Experience an insight into the circumstances of the Great Irish Famine of the 1840s at the Famine Museum.
Overnight in Ballina, famous for its hospitality and internationally renowned for its exceptional salmon fishing in the Moy River.
BALLINA MANOR HOTEL
Via Westport, head for the unspoiled region of Connemara, an area known for its hardy breed of ponies. Visit Kylemore Abbey, a massive yet graceful castle acquired by Benedictine nuns as a precious heirloom for Ireland.
At Moycullen, visit the Joyce family at their Marble Workshop before arriving in the port city of Galway.
Tonight’s recommendation: an optional evening at Dunguaire Castle, where the intimate banquet has an enlightening literary theme.
GALMONT HOTEL AND SPA
GALWAY. EXCURSION TO THE ARAN ISLANDS
Aran Islands, Ireland
At Rossaveal, board a comfortable, modern ferry for the 45-minute crossing to Kilronan on Inishmore, the largest of the Aran Islands and where Gaelic is the first language of the islanders. Your fascinating day continues with a presentation about life on Inishmore by an island historian. After a light lunch at Tí Joe Watty’s pub, board a minibus to enjoy your driver/Local Guide’s commentary on a tour of the island. End with a visit to clifftop Dun Aengus, one of the most spectacular and dramatic prehistoric stone forts in Europe.
Back in Kilronan, board your ferry back to the mainland. There are plenty of dining options in Galway this evening.
GALMONT HOTEL AND SPA
GALWAY–CLIFFS OF MOHER–LIMERICK
Enjoy a real Irish farm experience at Rathburn Farm this morning. Try your hand at scone baking, and learn from the farmer about sheep shearing and herding. Afterwards, enjoy coffee and your scones, fresh from the oven.
Cliffs of Moher, Ireland
Take the scenic route across the desolate limestone plateau known as The Burren, and stop for photos of prehistoric Poulnabrone Dolmen. At the Cliffs of Moher, rising 668 feet above the Atlantic Ocean, savor the breathtaking panorama of the Clare coast.
This evening, why not take part in a unique optional dinner excursion to Bunratty Folk Park?
LIMERICK STRAND HOTEL
This morning, make your way to Foynes for a guided tour of the Flying Boat Museum. Board and explore the world’s only full-size replica of a Boeing B314 “Clipper.” In the flight simulator, re-enact the thrilling experience of crossing the Atlantic in a 1930s long-range flying boat. You will also be treated to an Irish coffee demonstration, complete with a sample of the classic drink.
Then, enjoy the wonderful views during the Slea Head drive on Dingle Peninsula, stroll through quaint Dingle, and maybe catch a glimpse of Fungi, the resident dolphin.
Dinner will be at a local pub on the peninsula.
THE ROSE HOTEL
TRALEE - RING OF KERRY EXCURSION
Ring of Kerry, Ireland
At Killorglin, join the famous Ring of Kerry for a 100-mile panoramic drive around the island’s southwestern tip. Plenty to focus your camera on here: sparkling seascapes, mountains dotted with brightly colored farmhouses, winding lanes bordered with subtropical vegetation, and the breathtaking panorama of the Lakes of Killarney from Ladies View.
Stop in the popular resort town of Killarney and enjoy a special treat: a fun-filled horse-drawn Jaunting Car Ride through the national park with glorious vistas of the Lakes of Killarney and ancient Ross Castle.
THE ROSE HOTEL
Across the Kerry Mountains, drive into County Cork for a visit to Blarney, renowned for its castle and magical Kissing Stone. Time for lunch, to walk up to the castle, and to shop for traditional Irish handicrafts.
In the afternoon, proceed via Cork, Youghal, and Dungarvan to Waterford, a stronghold founded by the Danish Vikings in 853. Here, enjoy a visit to the House of Waterford Crystal.
Today starts sin Enniscorthy, site of the final battle of the Great Rebellion of 1798.
Next visit Ireland’s oldest handweaving mill at Avoca followed by a visit to Glenalough, the early Christian monastic site founded by St. Kevin in the 6th century. See the engaging audiovisual Ireland of the Monasteries, then your Local Guide will show you the remains of this ecclesiastical settlement.
Back in Dublin tonight, join your traveling companions for a fitting farewell to Ireland: an optional cabaret evening with dinner, followed by dance, song, and laughter.
THE GIBSON HOTEL
Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning.
- 45-22 days prior to commencement of services: 20% of total price*
- 21-8 days prior to commencement of services: 30% of total price*
- 7-1 days prior to commencement of services: 50% of total price*
- On departure day and later: 100% of total price*
- *Total price does not include any Instant Purchase Air or Instant Purchase Air service fees, which are non-refundable after 24 hours from purchase. Intra-vacation air is non-refundable after final payment.
- Cancellation fees may also apply to any additional services, including extra night accommodations, independently supplied services, and optional excursions reserved prior to, during, and after the tour. If flight changes, including, but not limited to, flight cancellations or name changes, are requested after full land and air deposits are received, revision fees, change fees, or airline cancellation fees will apply.
- In many instances, airline revision or change fees can be up to $300, but in some instances may be up to 100% of the ticket price. Cancellation penalties will be quoted at time of cancellation.
- All cancellations must be received in writing prior to tour departure. The cancellation policy will apply according to the date that the cancellation notification is received. The MINIMUM cancellation penalty is the deposit amount.
- The purchase to trip cancellation insurance is strongly recommended.
Terms and Conditions
- Land only “from price” is per person based on two people sharing a room together and does not include airfare unless expressly stated.
- All prices are in US Dollars.
- A $250 non-refundable, non-transferable, per-person, per-vacation deposit is required to reserve space for you, with some limited exceptions, as noted below. Payment of the deposit indicates you have read and accepted theseall Terms & Conditions. Your booking is not confirmed until the deposit payment is processed and you receive a confirmation invoice.
- Final payment is due 45 days prior to departure, with some limited exceptions, as noted below. Within the final payment date, payment in full is required at time of booking to reserve space. Reservations (land, cruise, and air) are canceled if final payment is not received by the due date. The payment policy may vary for group reservations.
- Additional deposits or payments are required for international air added to the start and/or end of your vacation and/or for intra-vacation air, as specified in the itinerary (“air-inclusive vacations”). Air-inclusive vacation pricing is guaranteed upon receipt of full land plus air deposit or land deposit plus full airfare price, depending on type of airfare purchased (Flex-Air or Instant Purchase Air).
- For complete terms and conditions please visit the Globus Terms & Conditions for more information.