Glacier National Park and Hell's Canyon
including Washington Wine Country
Experience the beauty of the Pacific Northwest on a journey through Washington, Idaho, and Montana. Beginning and ending in Seattle, the tour includes stays in the Lewiston, Coeur d’Alene, and Spokane. Highlights include visits to Glacier National Park, Hells Canyon, a silver mine tour, and a ranch BBQ in Whitefish.
The 10 day Glacier National Park and Hells Canyon tour from Globus Tours is a great way to see the various climates, flora and fauna that make the West so interesting. For those who have yet to explore the West Coast, it may come as a surprise how varied the landscape and climate can be from city to city. If you're looking to get in touch with nature, explore America and see the stars in the clear Western sky, the 10 day Glacier National Park and Hells Canyon tour is perfect for you.
10 Days • fr. $3,289
Tour Highlights & Offers
- Sightseeing tour of Mount Rainier National Park
- Enjoy a Winery tour and tasting in Washington state wine country
- Enjoy a scenic cruise and a barbecue lunch in Hell's Canyon
- Visit Nex Perce National Historic Park in Lewiston, ID
- Sightseeing cruise in Coeur D'Alene
- Guided tour of a silver mine in Wallace. ID
- Visit the Conrad Mansion and take a gondola ride in Whitefish, MT
- NOTE: The Whitefish Gondola is unavailable on departures August 23, 30 and September 6 and 13.
- Travel along Going-to-the-Sun Road in Red Jammer buses in Glacier National Park
- Sightseeing tour in Spokane
- Visit the Bavarian village of Leavenworth
- Headsets throughout the tour
- Free Wi-Fi available on your motorcoach and in most hotel lobbies.
- Tips for personal services and to tour directors and drivers are not included in tour cost and left to your discretion.
- All items of a personal nature (room service, beverages, telephone charges, laundry, special food requests, etc.) and meals not specified on the tour itinerary are not included and must be paid by the client.
- All rates exclude airfare unless expressly noted.
- Breakfast daily (except Day 1)
- 2 lunches
- 3 three-course dinners including a farewell dinner in Seattle
- Sheraton Seattle Hotel & Towers in Seattle (2 nights)
- Red Lion Hanford House in Richland (1 night)
- Red Lion Hotel in Lewiston (1 night)
- Best Western Plus Coeur D'Alene Inn in Coeur D'Alene (1 night)
- Grouse Mountain Lodge in Whitefish, MT (3 nights)
- Hotel RL Spokane at the Park in Spokane (1 night)
- The hotels listed are intended to be used on all departures however Globus reserves the right to substitute other hotels than those listed. If a change becomes necessary for any reason, the hotel substituted will be of equivalent quality to those listed. No refunds are provided for hotel changes and full cancellation penalties apply.
ARRIVE IN SEATTLE
Welcome to Seattle! At 6 pm, meet your traveling companions for a welcome drink. Your Tour Director will prepare you for your upcoming adventure.
SEATTLE–MOUNT RAINIER NATIONAL PARK–WASHINGTON WINE COUNTRY
Mount Ranier, USA
This morning, visit Mount Ranier National Park for breathtaking views of its 14,000-foot peak.
Arrive in Washington’s wine country and visit a winery for a tour and tasting.
WASHINGTON WINE COUNTRY–LEWISTON - EXCURSION TO HELLS CANYON
Hells Canyon, USA
Cross into Idaho and travel along the Snake River on the same route as Lewis & Clark. Today brings an exciting CRUISE into Hells Canyon, home to North America’s deepest river gorge. Hugging the borders of Oregon and Idaho, Hells Canyon is more than 200,000 acres of high mountain peaks, ominous canyon rim-rocks, and breathtaking vistas. See ancient petroglyphs left by the Nez Perce Indians and enjoy your captain’s folklore tales. Watch for deer and bighorn sheep, then enjoy a barbecue lunch along the river, where you can enjoy the magnificent surroundings.
Overnight back in Lewiston.
This morning, visit Nez Perce National Historic Park and learn about the people who have called this home since the beginning of time.
Coeur d'Alene, USA
Continue to the beautiful shores of Lake Coeur d’Alene, where you’ll enjoy a sightseeing cruise. Tonight, why not explore the quaint downtown area of Coeur d’Alene with its shops, restaurants, and galleries?
Depart Coeur d’Alene and stop in Wallace and tour the Sierra Silver Mine, where you’ll travel underground with an experienced miner and learn the history of mining in this region.
Continue your travel today along the spectacular shores of Flathead Lake to Whitefish for a 3-night stay. Before arriving at your resort, enjoy a guided tour of the Conrad Mansion, which explores the historic elegance of a bygone era.
WHITEFISH - EXCURSION TO GLACIER NATIONAL PARK
Glacier National Park, USA
Take a full day to explore the wonders of Glacier National Park. Board the vintage Red Jammer buses that take you along one of North America’s most spectacular highways: Going-to-the-Sun Road. After crossing 6,664-foot-high Logan Pass, enter a wonderland of alpine scenery, where jagged mountain peaks, deep-green forests, pristine lakes, and meadows dominate the landscape. Stay alert for the fabled mountain goats that reside on the high cliffs above.
NOTE: he visit to Logan Pass is normally possible from mid-June to mid-September. If unable to travel to Logan Pass, alternative sightseeing by Red Jammer bus will be done.
Overnight in Whitefish.
This morning, enjoy a gondola ride to the top of Whitefish Mountain for fantastic views and photo opportunities. The rest of the afternoon is free to explore on your own. Maybe play a round of golf, browse the art galleries and boutiques, or just relax at your resort. This evening, enjoy a cowboy sing-along and an old-fashioned Western Ranch Barbecue.
NOTE: The Whitefish Gondola is unavailable on the September 5 and 12 departures.
Today, stop in pretty Sandpoint, where there’s time to browse the boutiques and galleries.
Travel along the scenic Pend Oreille River into Washington. End the day with sightseeing of Spokane, including Manito Park Gardens. This evening is at leisure. You may wish to walk along the banks of the Spokane River or ride the Gondola SkyRide over some of the area’s waterfalls.
Depart Spokane and stop in the Bavarian village of Leavenworth, where there’s time to stroll the charming streets of town, visit the Nutcracker Museum, or sample local fare.
Arrive in Seattle later this afternoon. This evening, toast new friends as you admire fabulous waterfront views at a festive farewell dinner.
Your vacation ends this morning with guests departing on individual schedules.
- ALL guests must carefully verify the existing identification requirements for their particular travel situation DIRECTLY WITH THEIR LOCAL CONSULATES OR EMBASSIES or with a visa service, as these requirements may change. Guests without proper documentation may be denied entry and will not be entitled to a refund
- On vacations that include an overnight stay in Las Vegas, at least one member of the traveling party must be 21 years of age or older.
- 45-22 days prior to commencement of services: 20% of total price*
- 21-8 days prior to commencement of services: 30% of total price*
- 7-1 days prior to commencement of services: 50% of total price*
- On departure day and later: 100% of total price*
- *Total price does not include any Instant Purchase Air or Instant Purchase Air service fees, which are non-refundable after 24 hours from purchase. Intra-vacation air is non-refundable after final payment.
- Cancellation fees may also apply to any additional services, including extra night accommodations, independently supplied services, and optional excursions reserved prior to, during, and after the tour. If flight changes, including, but not limited to, flight cancellations or name changes, are requested after full land and air deposits are received, revision fees, change fees, or airline cancellation fees will apply.
- In many instances, airline revision or change fees can be up to $300, but in some instances may be up to 100% of the ticket price. Cancellation penalties will be quoted at time of cancellation.
- All cancellations must be received in writing prior to tour departure. The cancellation policy will apply according to the date that the cancellation notification is received. The MINIMUM cancellation penalty is the deposit amount.
- The purchase to trip cancellation insurance is strongly recommended.
Terms and Conditions
- Land only “from price” is per person based on two people sharing a room together and does not include airfare unless expressly stated.
- All prices are in US Dollars.
- A $250 non-refundable, non-transferable, per-person, per-vacation deposit is required to reserve space for you, with some limited exceptions, as noted below. Payment of the deposit indicates you have read and accepted theseall Terms & Conditions. Your booking is not confirmed until the deposit payment is processed and you receive a confirmation invoice.
- Final payment is due 45 days prior to departure, with some limited exceptions, as noted below. Within the final payment date, payment in full is required at time of booking to reserve space. Reservations (land, cruise, and air) are canceled if final payment is not received by the due date. The payment policy may vary for group reservations.
- Additional deposits or payments are required for international air added to the start and/or end of your vacation and/or for intra-vacation air, as specified in the itinerary (“air-inclusive vacations”). Air-inclusive vacation pricing is guaranteed upon receipt of full land plus air deposit or land deposit plus full airfare price, depending on type of airfare purchased (Flex-Air or Instant Purchase Air).
- For complete terms and conditions please visit the Globus Terms & Conditions for more information.