This exciting Icelandic adventure welcomes you to a land boasting spectacular glaciers, active volcanoes and magnificent waterfalls. Explore the capital city of Reykjavik and take a whale watching cruise. Visit the Waterfall of the Gods and the blue Lake Mývatn which is surrounded by volcanic craters and geothermal activity. Depending on the season you may even see the Northern Lights.
The 8 day Iceland Adventure from Globus Tours is an amazing way to explore a country few get the opportunity to connect with: Iceland. The beautiful landscape makes for one of the best travel tour destinations in Northern Europe. Explore the people, places and culture that make Iceland such and interesting place to visit on the Iceland Adventure tour from Globus Tours.
8 Days • fr. $3,716
- Orientation tour of Reyjavik
- Admire the hot springs in Geysir, taste local specialties and drink a glass of schnapps
- Marvel at the Gullfoss waterfall
- Walk through the rift valley in Thingvellir that marks the separation between the North American and the European tectonic plates
- Take a boat cruise in Hauganes and see whales in their natural habitat
- Orientation tour in Akureyri and visit the Botanical Garden
- See the “Waterfall of the Gods” in Godafoss
- Marvel at the beautiful Lake Myvatn
- Admire the most powerful waterfall in Europe in Dettifoss
- Walking tour in Borgarfjordur Eystri
- See the setting of James Bond’s Die Another Day and see the largest glacier in Europe in Lake Jokulsarlon
- Drive through the national park in Skaftafell
- Headsets throughout the tour
- Free Wi-Fi available on your motorcoach and in most hotel lobbies.
- Tips for personal services and to tour directors and drivers are not included in tour cost and left to your discretion.
- All items of a personal nature (room service, beverages, telephone charges, laundry, special food requests, etc.) and meals not specified on the tour itinerary are not included and must be paid by the client.
- All rates exclude airfare unless expressly noted.
- Full buffet breakfast daily (except Day 1)
- 7 three-course dinners with wine, including a welcome dinner and a special farewell dinner in Reykjavik
- Grand Hotel in Reykjavik (2 nights)
- Iceland Hotel Hamar in Borgarnes (1 night)
- Hotel Kea in Akureyri (1 night)
- Alfheimar Country Hotel in Borgarfjordur Eystri (1 night)
- Hotel Hofn in Hofn (1 night)
- Iceland Hotel Vik in Rangarping Esytra Area (1 night)
ARRIVE IN REYKJAVIK, ICELAND
Welcome to Reykjavik! At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for a welcome dinner at your hotel.
GRAND HOTEL REYKJAVIK
After an orientation drive of cosmopolitan Reykjavik, enjoy an interesting visit to the geothermal heat and electric power station in Hellisheiðarvirkjun.
Next, see the hot springs at the Geysir geothermal area and look forward to meeting the chef of the Geysir restaurant. Taste freshly baked bread, which is cooked using the heat from the hot springs, with Icelandic butter, boiled eggs and herring, and a glass of Geysir schnapps, served at freezing point.
Then, marvel at the mighty Gullfoss waterfall and stop in Thingvellir, a geological paradise. Here, you will walk through the rift valley that marks the separation between the North American and European tectonic plates.
Overnight at the Icelandair Hotel Hamar in Borgarnes.
ICELANDAIR HOTEL HAMAR
A real treat! At Hauganes, embark for an unforgettable experience: Globus Local Favorite watch whales in their natural habitat!
Continue to Akureyri for your overnight stay.
AKUREYRI–GOĐAFOSS–LAKE MÝVATN–BORGARFJÖRĐUR EYSTRI
During your orientation of the capital of northern Iceland, hear about the city’s history after it was established as a trading center in 1602. Visit the botanical Garden, featuring specimens of almost all native Icelandic plants.
Lake MyVatn, Iceland
Then, admire Goðafoss, known as the “Waterfall of the Gods”. Enjoy a scenic drive to the lovely blue Lake Mývatn, teeming with bird life in one of Iceland’s prettiest areas, and stop at the Mývatn Nature Baths, a set of geothermally heated pools and steam baths.
Before arriving in Borgarfjörður Eystri, take pictures of the most powerful waterfall in Europe, Dettifoss (road conditions permitting). You may even see puffins, known as the “clown of the sea” (end of April to mid-August).
ALFHEIMAR COUNTRY HOTEL
In the morning, enjoy a “Meet the Locals” walking tour and hear about life in the rural Icelandic countryside over the centuries.
Follow the eastern coast, where the first Irish missionaries settled some 200 years ago, and arrive in Höfn.
HÖFN–LAKE JÖKULSÁRLÓN–SKAFTAFELL NATIONAL PARK–VIK AREA
Prepare for the highlight of the day: stop at Lake Jökulsárlón, where some of the most spectacular scenes of the James Bond movie Die Another Day were filmed. Watch how the largest glacier in Europe, Vatnajökull, flows into the lake, forming icebergs. An exciting optional boat trip is available through the icebergs (mid-May to September, weather permitting).
Drive through the national park at Skaftafell and arrive at your overnight hotel.
Overnight at the Katla Hotel in teh Vik area.
Along the South shore enjoy views of the Eyjafjallajökull volcano, well known for the eruption that generated the massive ash cloud in 2010, then stop at spectacular Seljalandsfoss waterfall before returning to Reykjavik.
This afternoon, join an optional excursion to the Blue Lagoon. Tonight, a farewell dinner awaits at one of Reykjavik’s fine restaurants to celebrate your Icelandic Adventure.
GRAND HOTEL REYKJAVIK
Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning.
- 45-22 days prior to commencement of services: 20% of total price*
- 21-8 days prior to commencement of services: 30% of total price*
- 7-1 days prior to commencement of services: 50% of total price*
- On departure day and later: 100% of total price*
- *Total price does not include any Instant Purchase Air or Instant Purchase Air service fees, which are non-refundable after 24 hours from purchase. Intra-vacation air is non-refundable after final payment.
- Cancellation fees may also apply to any additional services, including extra night accommodations, independently supplied services, and optional excursions reserved prior to, during, and after the tour. If flight changes, including, but not limited to, flight cancellations or name changes, are requested after full land and air deposits are received, revision fees, change fees, or airline cancellation fees will apply.
- In many instances, airline revision or change fees can be up to $300, but in some instances may be up to 100% of the ticket price. Cancellation penalties will be quoted at time of cancellation.
- All cancellations must be received in writing prior to tour departure. The cancellation policy will apply according to the date that the cancellation notification is received. The MINIMUM cancellation penalty is the deposit amount.
- The purchase to trip cancellation insurance is strongly recommended.
Terms and Conditions
- Land only “from price” is per person based on two people sharing a room together and does not include airfare unless expressly stated.
- All prices are in US Dollars.
- A $250 non-refundable, non-transferable, per-person, per-vacation deposit is required to reserve space for you, with some limited exceptions, as noted below. Payment of the deposit indicates you have read and accepted theseall Terms & Conditions. Your booking is not confirmed until the deposit payment is processed and you receive a confirmation invoice.
- Final payment is due 45 days prior to departure, with some limited exceptions, as noted below. Within the final payment date, payment in full is required at time of booking to reserve space. Reservations (land, cruise, and air) are canceled if final payment is not received by the due date. The payment policy may vary for group reservations.
- Additional deposits or payments are required for international air added to the start and/or end of your vacation and/or for intra-vacation air, as specified in the itinerary (“air-inclusive vacations”). Air-inclusive vacation pricing is guaranteed upon receipt of full land plus air deposit or land deposit plus full airfare price, depending on type of airfare purchased (Flex-Air or Instant Purchase Air).
- For complete terms and conditions please visit the Globus Terms & Conditions for more information.