Journey to India and be amazed with the country’s enchanting history, beauty and culture on this tour of the Golden Triangle. Explore Old Delhi, Humayun’s Tomb and Delhi’s most prominent Sikh temple. In Agra behold the awe inspiring Taj Mahal, built in memory of Moghul Emperor Shah Jahan’s his beloved wife. The opulence of Jaipur is highlighted with the Amber Fort and the City Palace Museum.
The 8 day India Escape tour from Globus Tours is the perfect way to escape the stresses of your life, trading in another week at the office for a life-changing travel tour. There's nothing quite like a tour through the massive cities of India, save maybe for a visit to the many landmarks build here and made famous around the world. Your 8 day India Escape tour from Globus Tours will whisk you away with all that and more as you 'escape' deep into India.
8 Days • fr. $599
Tour Highlights & Offers
- Visit Qutub Minar, Humayan’s Tomb, and Gurudwara Bangla Sahib in Delhi
- Discover old Delhi on a rickshaw ride through Chandni Chowk bazaar
- Visit the awe inspiring Taj Mahal at sunrise by tonga (horse-drawn carriage)
- Explore the impressive Agra Fort, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- In Jaipur visit the City Palace & Museum, Jantar Mantar, Hawa Mahal, and Amber Fort
- Tips for personal services and to tour directors and drivers are not included in tour cost and left to your discretion.
- All items of a personal nature (room service, beverages, telephone charges, laundry, special food requests, etc.) and meals not specified on the tour itinerary are not included and must be paid by the client.
- All rates exclude airfare unless expressly noted.
- Breakfast daily (except Day 1)
- 1 lunch
- 3 dinners
- Jaypee Siddharth Hotel in Delhi (2 nights)
- Doubletree by Hilton Hotel in Agra (2 nights)
- Holiday Inn Jaipur City Center Hotel in Jaipur (2 nights)
- Holiday Inn New Delhi International Airport in Delhi (1 night)
ARRIVE IN DELHI, INDIA
Welcome to India’s capital city! Hotel rooms are available for mid-afternoon check-in.
LE MERIDIEN NEW DELHI
Today’s sightseeing starts with an orientation to see the Red Fort, Jama Masjid, India Gate, and the Presidential Palace. Afterward, take a rickshaw ride through Chandni Chowk, a captivating local bazaar. Here, ancient alleyways are lined with quaint shops selling all sorts of goods and souvenirs—from silver and saris to spices and electronics. Enjoy the afternoon at your leisure.
LE MERIDIEN NEW DELHI
This morning, visit Qutub Minar, the world’s tallest brick minaret, dating back to the 11th century. Next, visit Humayun's Tomb and Gurudwara Bangla Sahib, Delhi’s largest and most prominent Sikh gurudwara (house of worship).
After lunch in a local restaurant, drive to Agra and settle in for the evening.
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Start your day with a sunrise visit to the incomparable Taj Mahal, an extravagant marble monument to love. Moghul Emperor Shah Jahan built it as a memorial to his beloved wife, who died during childbirth. To add to this memorable experience, you’ll also travel by Tonga (horse-drawn carriage) during your visit.
Later, visit Agra Fort, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, built by the Moghul Emperor Akbar. This impressive fortress of red sandstone conceals the imperial city of the Moghul rulers and its many palaces.
Today, travel to Jaipur. In 1876, the city was painted pink to welcome the Prince of Wales, and it has been known as the “Pink City” ever since. This afternoon, visit the City Palace and the adjoining museum, which houses a collection of rare manuscripts. Also, stop at Jantar Mantar and the famous Hawa Mahal (Palace of the Winds).
This morning, visit the amazing Amber Fort, built entirely of white marble and red sandstone. Tour the interior with its intricate mosaics, carvings, paintings, and mirror works. Enjoy some free time this afternoon.
Drive back to Delhi today and prepare for your journey home.
HOLIDAY INN NEW DELHI INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
New Delhi, India
Your tour ends with breakfast this morning.
NOTE: Some flights depart Delhi very early in the morning. In these cases, breakfast is not included on Day 8, and you will have to depart for the airport late in the evening on Day 7 or just after Midnight on Day 8.
- 60-22 days prior to commencement of services: 20% of total price*
- 21-8 days prior to commencement of services: 30% of total price*
- 7-1 days prior to commencement of services: 50% of total price*
- On departure day and later: 100% of total price*
- *Total price does not include any Instant Purchase Air or Instant Purchase Air service fees, which are non-refundable after 24 hours from purchase. Intra-vacation air is non-refundable after final payment.
- Cancellation fees may also apply to any additional services, including extra night accommodations, independently supplied services, and optional excursions reserved prior to, during, and after the tour. If flight changes, including, but not limited to, flight cancellations or name changes, are requested after full land and air deposits are received, revision fees, change fees, or airline cancellation fees will apply.
- In many instances, airline revision or change fees can be up to $300, but in some instances may be up to 100% of the ticket price. Cancellation penalties will be quoted at time of cancellation.
- All cancellations must be received in writing prior to tour departure. The cancellation policy will apply according to the date that the cancellation notification is received. The MINIMUM cancellation penalty is the deposit amount.
- The purchase to trip cancellation insurance is strongly recommended.
Terms and Conditions
- Land only “from price” is per person based on two people sharing a room together and does not include airfare unless expressly stated.
- All prices are in US Dollars.
- A $250 non-refundable, non-transferable, per-person, per-vacation deposit is required to reserve space for you, with some limited exceptions, as noted below. Payment of the deposit indicates you have read and accepted theseall Terms & Conditions. Your booking is not confirmed until the deposit payment is processed and you receive a confirmation invoice.
- Final payment is due 60 days prior to departure, with some limited exceptions, as noted below. Within the final payment date, payment in full is required at time of booking to reserve space. Reservations (land, cruise, and air) are canceled if final payment is not received by the due date. The payment policy may vary for group reservations.
- Additional deposits or payments are required for international air added to the start and/or end of your vacation and/or for intra-vacation air, as specified in the itinerary (“air-inclusive vacations”). Air-inclusive vacation pricing is guaranteed upon receipt of full land plus air deposit or land deposit plus full airfare price, depending on type of airfare purchased (Flex-Air or Instant Purchase Air).
- For complete terms and conditions please visit the Globus Terms & Conditions for more information.