Introduction to Ireland
This Ireland tour is perfect for those with limited time who want to see the highlights of this beautiful country. Included are visits to Dublin, Ennis, Killarney and Waterford, The stunning scenery is breathtaking including the Ring of Kerry, the dramatic Cliffs of Moher, and Ireland’s most magnificent landscapes. Exclusive experiences offer guests a true local perspective.
The 7 day Introduction to Ireland tour from Globus Tours is an excellent way to get to know Ireland in one whirlwind week full of excitement and adventure. This tour is absolutely perfect for first time travelers to the region but also serves as a fun way for experienced tourists to get a better feel for Ireland in a short amount of time. The 7 day Introduction to Ireland tour from Globus Tour is a sure bet for travelers of all ages and backgrounds so book now and get ready for an adventure.
7 Days • fr. $1,511
Tour Highlights & Offers
- Dublin orientation drive
- Guided tour of the Irish National Stud in Kildare
- A visit to the Rock of Cachel
- Orientation drive of Limerick
- Cliffs of Moher
- Orientation tour of Galway
- A visit to Rathbaun Farm wherer you will See the farmer at work, bake your own scones, and enjoy coffee in the farmhouse.
- Killmer to Tarbert ferry crossing over the Shannon estuary
- Scenic peninsula drive tour around the Ring of Kerry
- A visit to the popular resort town of Killarney
- A visit to the famous village of Blarney
- Guided tour of the House of Waterford Crystal and an Irish Coffee demonstration
- Guided tour of the handweaving mill in Avoca
- Guided tour of St. Kevin's center of Irish Christianity in Glendalough
- Headsets throughout the tour
- Free Wi-Fi available on your motorcoach and in most hotel lobbies.
- Tips for personal services and to tour directors and drivers are not included in tour cost and left to your discretion.
- All items of a personal nature (room service, beverages, telephone charges, laundry, special food requests, etc.) and meals not specified on the tour itinerary are not included and must be paid by the client.
- All rates exclude airfare unless expressly noted.
- Full Irish breakfast daily (except Day 1)
- 3 three-course dinners with wine and choice of menus, including a welcome dinner in Dublin.
- Hilton Dublin Kkilmainham in Dublin (2 nights)
- Temple Gate Hotel in Ennis (2 nights)
- Killarney Towers Hotel in Killarney (1 night)
- Granville Hotel in Waterford (1 night)
- The hotels listed are intended to be used on all departures however Globus reserves the right to substitute other hotels than those listed. If a change becomes necessary for any reason, the hotel substituted will be of equivalent quality to those listed. No refunds are provided for hotel changes and full cancellation penalties apply.
ARRIVE IN DUBLIN, IRELAND
Céad míle fáilte—a hundred-thousand welcomes! Check into your hotel. At 3 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for an afternoon orientation drive through statue-lined O’Connell Street, elegant Georgian squares, and past St. Patrick’s Cathedral and Oscar Wilde’s Trinity College. Tonight, enjoy a welcome dinner at your hotel.
HILTON DUBLIN KILMAINHAM
Horse-racing country awaits this morning. Drive across the Curragh to visit the IRISH NATIONAL STUD at Kildare, whose fine thoroughbreds command respect on the racecourses of the world.
Lots more to see including the Rock of Cashel, where St. Patrick preached.
Continue to Tipperary, made famous in a wartime marching song; and Limerick, where an orientation drive acquaints you with St. Mary’s Cathedral, King John’s Castle, and the stone where the Treaty of Limerick was signed in 1691.
Tonight’s suggestion for a very special night out: attend an optional medieval banquet at an historic castle.
TEMPLE GATE HOTEL
ENNIS. WEST COAST EXCURSION
Cliffs of Moher, Ireland
Your day excursion along Ireland’s spectacular Atlantic coastline begins with a drive to the 668-foot CLIFFS OF MOHER, where you savor the breathtaking panorama of the Clare coast.
A scenic route across the limestone plateau of The Burren takes you to Galway, a popular seaside destination and a buzzing cosmopolitan center with colorful shops and a busy café and bar culture.
This afternoon, a special treat at Rathbaun Farm: try your hand at scone baking, and learn from the farmer about sheep shearing and herding. Afterwards, enjoy coffee and your scones, fresh from the oven.
TEMPLE GATE HOTEL
ENNIS–RING OF KERRY–KILLARNEY
Ring of Kerry, Ireland
After a short drive via Clonderlaw Bay to Killimer, cross the Shannon estuary by ferry. Continue on to Killorglin on Dingle Bay to join the spectacular Ring of Kerry for a 100-mile panoramic drive around the island’s southwestern tip.
Take photos of the Lakes of Killarney from Ladies View, then spend the night in the popular resort of Killarney. Before dinner at your hotel, why not take a horse-drawn jaunting-car ride along the national park to Ross Castle?
KILLARNEY TOWERS HOTEL
Travel across the Kerry Mountains and through County Cork to Blarney, renowned for its magical Kissing Stone. Time for lunch, to walk up to the castle, and to shop for traditional Irish handicrafts.
In the afternoon, proceed via Cork to Waterford, a stronghold founded by the Danish Vikings, for a guided tour of the House of Waterford Irish Coffee Demonstration.
An exciting agenda today: First we will visit Enniscorthy, site of the final battle of the Great Rebellion of 1798.
We will also visit Ireland’s oldest handweaving mill at Avoca, where you watch the weavers at work.
We will travel to the Wicklow Mountains; and Glendalough, the early Christian monastic site founded by St. Kevin in the 6th century. See the engaging audiovisual Ireland of the Monasteries, then join your Local Guide to see the remains of this ecclesiastical settlement.
Back in Dublin tonight, a fitting farewell to Ireland would be an optional cabaret evening with dinner, followed by dance, song, and laughter.
HILTON DUBLIN KILMAINHAM
Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning.
- 45-22 days prior to commencement of services: 20% of total price*
- 21-8 days prior to commencement of services: 30% of total price*
- 7-1 days prior to commencement of services: 50% of total price*
- On departure day and later: 100% of total price*
- *Total price does not include any Instant Purchase Air or Instant Purchase Air service fees, which are non-refundable after 24 hours from purchase. Intra-vacation air is non-refundable after final payment.
- Cancellation fees may also apply to any additional services, including extra night accommodations, independently supplied services, and optional excursions reserved prior to, during, and after the tour. If flight changes, including, but not limited to, flight cancellations or name changes, are requested after full land and air deposits are received, revision fees, change fees, or airline cancellation fees will apply.
- In many instances, airline revision or change fees can be up to $300, but in some instances may be up to 100% of the ticket price. Cancellation penalties will be quoted at time of cancellation.
- All cancellations must be received in writing prior to tour departure. The cancellation policy will apply according to the date that the cancellation notification is received. The MINIMUM cancellation penalty is the deposit amount.
- The purchase to trip cancellation insurance is strongly recommended.
Terms and Conditions
- Land only “from price” is per person based on two people sharing a room together and does not include airfare unless expressly stated.
- All prices are in US Dollars.
- A $250 non-refundable, non-transferable, per-person, per-vacation deposit is required to reserve space for you, with some limited exceptions, as noted below. Payment of the deposit indicates you have read and accepted theseall Terms & Conditions. Your booking is not confirmed until the deposit payment is processed and you receive a confirmation invoice.
- Final payment is due 45 days prior to departure, with some limited exceptions, as noted below. Within the final payment date, payment in full is required at time of booking to reserve space. Reservations (land, cruise, and air) are canceled if final payment is not received by the due date. The payment policy may vary for group reservations.
- Additional deposits or payments are required for international air added to the start and/or end of your vacation and/or for intra-vacation air, as specified in the itinerary (“air-inclusive vacations”). Air-inclusive vacation pricing is guaranteed upon receipt of full land plus air deposit or land deposit plus full airfare price, depending on type of airfare purchased (Flex-Air or Instant Purchase Air).
- For complete terms and conditions please visit the Globus Terms & Conditions for more information.