Italy has so many treasures to behold. This escorted tour visits Rome, Lucca, Cinque Terre, Florence, Verona, Venice and Assisi. Discover the amazing art including great works by Michelangelo. Explore the many historic sites dating back to the Roman Empire. Visit the Sistine Chapel, St. Peter’s Basilica, the Colosseum and St. Mark’s Square. Savor Italian cuisine and local wines.
The 11 day Italian Treasures tour from Globus Tours is an excellent way to explore Italy for beginners and novices alike. You'll wind through some of the most legendary cities in Italian history as you explore the landmarks, enjoy the food and mix in with the people who have called this place home for generations. Book your 11 day Italian Treasures tour from Globus Tours now and blast off on the Italian vacation of your dreams.
11 Days • fr. $3,189
Tour Highlights & Offers
- A guided sightseeing tour of Rome including a visit to the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel, St. Peter’s Square and Basilica, and the Colosseum
- Orientation tour of Lucca
- A tour by boat to Cinque Terre (weather permitting) with a local guide
- Marvel at the legendary Leaning Tower of Pisa
- Walking tour of Siena including Piazza del Campo
- Orientation tour of San Gimignano
- Guided walking tour of Florence including a visit to Michelangelo’s David and Signoria Square
- Wine tasting at Verrazzano Castle
- Walking tour of Verona including Juliet’s balcony and the Arena
- Guided walking tour of Venice including a private boat ride and a visit to St. Mark’s Square and Basilica, Doges' Palace and the Bridge of Sighs, and a glassblower demonstration
- A visit to St. Apollinaris in Classe Basilica in Ravenna
- Guided walking tour of Assisi including a visit to St. Clare's Church and St. Francis Basilica
- Taste local pastries in the historic Caffè Montanucci in Orvieto and a visit to the cathedral
- Headsets throughout the tour
- Free Wi-Fi available on your motorcoach and in most hotel lobbies.
- Tips for personal services and to tour directors and drivers are not included in tour cost and left to your discretion.
- All items of a personal nature (room service, beverages, telephone charges, laundry, special food requests, etc.) and meals not specified on the tour itinerary are not included and must be paid by the client.
- All rates exclude airfare unless expressly noted.
- Full buffet breakfast daily (except Day 1)
- 5 three-course dinners with wine, including welcome and farewell dinners in Rome and a dinner in Verrazzano
- Starhotels Michelangelo in Rome (2 nights)
- Grand Hotel Guinigi in Lucca (2 nights)
- Ambasciatori Hotel in Florence (2 nights)
- Palazzo Selvadego Hotel in Venice (2 nights)
- Giotto Hotel in Assisi (1 night)
- Rome Pisana Hotel in Rome (1 night)
- Novotel Madrid Center Hotel in Madrid (1 night)
- The hotels listed are intended to be used on all departures however Globus reserves the right to substitute other hotels than those listed. If a change becomes necessary for any reason, the hotel substituted will be of equivalent quality to those listed. No refunds are provided for hotel changes and full cancellation penalties apply.
ARRIVE IN ROME, ITALY
Welcome to Rome! At 5 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions, then leave the hotel for a welcome dinner at one of Rome’s lively restaurants.
ROMANICO PALACE HOTEL
Guided sightseeing of the ‟Eternal Cityˮ starts with a visit to the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel with Michelangelo’s ceiling paintings and The Last Judgment, followed by a visit to monumental St. Peter's Square and Basilica to admire Michelangelo’s Pietà. Then, enjoy views of other major sites as you drive to the Roman Forum and visit the ancient Colossuem, where gladiators once fought. An optional walking tour with a Local Guide is available to further explore Rome's famous sites.
ROMANICO PALACE HOTEL
Head north and arrive in historic Lucca, completely surrounded by the original medieval walls. Enjoy a walk through the quaint town center to the famous amphitheater square. A suggestion for tonight: join an optional dinner at a local agriturismo.
GRAND HOTEL GUINIGI
LUCCA - EXCURSION TO CINQUE TERRE & PISA
Cinque Terre, Italy
La Spezia on the Mediterranean Coast is the town where your exciting excursion starts to Cinque Terre, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, including a boat ride (weather permitting) with a Local Guide. The name dates back to the 15th century and is derived from five little medieval villages standing on stony spurs along five miles of the rocky coastline: Riomaggiore, Manarola, Corniglia, Vernazza, and Monterosso. Then, a train ride returns you to La Spezia.
On the way back to Lucca stop in Pisa and take the traditional picture pushing back the amazing Leaning Tower, 180 feet high and at least 12 feet out of the perpendicular.
GRAND HOTEL GUINIGI
LUCCA–SIENA–SAN GIMIGNANO–VERRAZZANO CASTLE–FLORENCE
A scenic day in Tuscany. This morning, visit Siena and walk through ancient narrow lanes to beautiful Piazza del Campo, theater of the biannual Palio, Siena’s spectacular medieval-style horse race.
San Gimignano, Italy
Your next visit is to San Gimignano, the most picturesque of Italy’s perfectly preserved medieval towns. Browse through the little shops and admire the tower houses before leaving for the splendid Verrazzano Castle. Hear about the fine art of blending four types of grapes to obtain the famous Chianti and enjoy a wine tasting with local specialties.
Next, drive to Florence, “Cradle of the Renaissance.”
GRAND HOTEL MEDITERRANEO
Meet your Local Guide, and visit the Academy of Fine Arts with Michelangelo’s celebrated David. Continue your walking tour through the historic center and stand in awe in front of the magnificent cathedral, admire Giotto’s Bell Tower and the Baptistry’s heavy bronze “Gates of Paradise,” and sculpture-studded Signoria Square. Afterward, you may wish to shop for Florentine leather goods and gold jewelry, sold by the ounce. To make the most of your stay, an optional excursion to the magnificent Uffizi Gallery is available. Tonight is your chance to try out the culinary delights of a fine Tuscan restaurant.
GRAND HOTEL MEDITERRANEO
Verona is world-famous as the setting of Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet. Take pictures of Juliet’s balcony and rub the shining breast on her statue for good luck. Next, admire the Arena, an incredibly well-preserved pink marble Roman amphitheater. Built in the 1st century AD, it was the place where gladiators once fought. Today, it is the magical venue for world-famous opera performances.
Venice Islands, Italy
Arrive in Venice, a powerful magnet for romantics and art lovers from around the globe and enter in style by private boat.
PALAZZO SELVADEGO HOTEL
Venice Islands, Italy
Join your Local Guide for a walking tour and visit St. Mark's Square and the byzantine Basilica, lavish Doges' Palace, and the world-famous Bridge of Sighs. Also watch a skilled glassblower fashion delicate objects in an age-old tradition. Time to wander through the narrow streets with the numerous shops. An optional boat ride is available to the picturesque island of Burano.
Follow the Adriatic coastline to Ravenna, where you will see the famous mosaics in the 6th-century Basilica of St. Apollinaris in Classe.
Next is peaceful Assisi. During your walking tour with a Local Guide, visit St. Clare's Church and St. Francis' Basilica, the hub of a religious order devoted to the ideals of humility, forgiveness, simplicity, and love for all God’s creatures. Hear about monastic life and admire the priceless frescoes adorning the walls of the church.
Following the Tiber Valley, reach Orvieto, perched high atop a volcanic rock. Here, taste local pastries at renowned Caffè Montanucci, an historic pasticceria for more than 100 years. Time to browse through tempting shops in the lanes off Piazza del Duomo, and to visit the fabulous gothic Cathedral with its San Brizio Chapel.
In the afternoon, return to Rome. This evening, a farewell dinner with operatic entertainment awaits at Tanagra restaurant.
ROMANICO PALACE HOTEL
Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning.
- 45-22 days prior to commencement of services: 20% of total price*
- 21-8 days prior to commencement of services: 30% of total price*
- 7-1 days prior to commencement of services: 50% of total price*
- On departure day and later: 100% of total price*
- *Total price does not include any Instant Purchase Air or Instant Purchase Air service fees, which are non-refundable after 24 hours from purchase. Intra-vacation air is non-refundable after final payment.
- Cancellation fees may also apply to any additional services, including extra night accommodations, independently supplied services, and optional excursions reserved prior to, during, and after the tour. If flight changes, including, but not limited to, flight cancellations or name changes, are requested after full land and air deposits are received, revision fees, change fees, or airline cancellation fees will apply.
- In many instances, airline revision or change fees can be up to $300, but in some instances may be up to 100% of the ticket price. Cancellation penalties will be quoted at time of cancellation.
- All cancellations must be received in writing prior to tour departure. The cancellation policy will apply according to the date that the cancellation notification is received. The MINIMUM cancellation penalty is the deposit amount.
- The purchase to trip cancellation insurance is strongly recommended.
Terms and Conditions
- Land only “from price” is per person based on two people sharing a room together and does not include airfare unless expressly stated.
- All prices are in US Dollars.
- A $250 non-refundable, non-transferable, per-person, per-vacation deposit is required to reserve space for you, with some limited exceptions, as noted below. Payment of the deposit indicates you have read and accepted theseall Terms & Conditions. Your booking is not confirmed until the deposit payment is processed and you receive a confirmation invoice.
- Final payment is due 45 days prior to departure, with some limited exceptions, as noted below. Within the final payment date, payment in full is required at time of booking to reserve space. Reservations (land, cruise, and air) are canceled if final payment is not received by the due date. The payment policy may vary for group reservations.
- Additional deposits or payments are required for international air added to the start and/or end of your vacation and/or for intra-vacation air, as specified in the itinerary (“air-inclusive vacations”). Air-inclusive vacation pricing is guaranteed upon receipt of full land plus air deposit or land deposit plus full airfare price, depending on type of airfare purchased (Flex-Air or Instant Purchase Air).
- For complete terms and conditions please visit the Globus Terms & Conditions for more information.