Italy's Great Cities
Experience the best of Italy and tour to its most enchanting cities. The itinerary includes Rome, Assisi, Venice, Pisa, Florence and Siena. Go back in time as you visit ancient archeological sites such as Rome’s colosseum. View art treasures such as Michelangelo’s David and the Sistine Chapel. Savor Tuscany’s the incredible food and wine and be mesmerized by the stunning landscapes.
The 8 day Italy's Great Cities tour from Globus Tours is an excellent way to get an understanding of what Italy has to offer. In just over one week, you'll pack an unbelievable amount of experiences into your itinerary, allowing you to make the most of your time in Italy. You'll get to know the people from Rome to Pisa and all points in between. Book your 8 day Italy's Great Cities tour now and explore Italy like you've always imagined.
8 Days • fr. $2,177
Tour Highlights & Offers
- Enjoy a guided sightseeing tour of Rome including a visit to the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel, St. Peter's Basilica, and the Colosseum
- Visit the St. Francis Basilica in Assisi
- Enjoy a guided walking tour of Venice with a visit St. Mark’s Square and Basilica, Doges’ Palace and the Bridge of Sighs, and a private boat ride plus enjoy a glassblower demonstration
- Marvel at the legendary Leaning Tower of Pisa
- Take a guided walking tour of Florence, visit Michelangelo’s David, Signoria Square, and the Santa Croce Basilica
- Take a walking tour of Siena, visit Piazza del Campo and taste traditional panforte and ricciarelli
- Headsets throughout the tour
- Free Wi-Fi available on your motorcoach and in most hotel lobbies.
- Tips for personal services and to tour directors and drivers are not included in tour cost and left to your discretion.
- All items of a personal nature (room service, beverages, telephone charges, laundry, special food requests, etc.) and meals not specified on the tour itinerary are not included and must be paid by the client.
- All rates exclude airfare unless expressly noted.
- Full buffet breakfast daily (except Day 1)
- Special welcome and farewell dinners with wine in Rome
- Cicerone Hotel in Rome (3 nights)
- MGallery Lagare at Murano Hotel in Venice (2 nights)
- NH Firenze Hotel in Florence (2 nights)
ARRIVE IN ROME, ITALY
Welcome to Rome! At 5 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions, and leave the hotel for a welcome dinner at one of Rome’s lively restaurants.
ROME–SAN MARTINO IN CAMPO
Start with a guided visit to the amazing Colosseum, where gladiators once fought. Continue to the Roman Forum, where Roman Legions marched in triumph, and walk through the ruins of important government buildings from Roman times.
San Martino in Campo, Italy
Leave the ‟Eternal Cityˮ and enter the green province of Umbria, for dinner and overnight in San Martino in Campo. Explore the botanical park and gardens of your hotel which dates back to the 17th century.
ALLA POSTA DEI DONINI HOTEL
SAN MARTINO IN CAMPO–ASSISI–VENICE ISLAND
Arrive in peaceful Assisi and visit St. Francis’ Basilica, the hub of a religious order devoted to the ideals of humanity, forgiveness, simplicity, and love for all God’s creatures.
Next is Venice, a powerful magnet for romantics and art lovers from around the globe. Enter in style by private boat!
CARLTON HOTEL ON THE GRAND CANAL
Your guided walking tour features a visit to St. Mark's Square and its byzantine Basilica, and lavish Doges' Palace with the famous Bridge of Sighs. Also watch a skilled glassblower fashion delicate objects in an age-old traditional manner. Afterward, enjoy Venice at your own pace or join an optional cruise to the charming island of Burano.
CARLTON HOTEL ON THE GRAND CANAL
Drive through the Apennine Mountains to Pisa and marvel at the Leaning Tower on your way to Florence, “Cradle of the Renaissance.”
Tonight is your chance to try out local specialties on an optional dinner outing to a fine Tuscan restaurant.
GRAND HOTEL MEDITERRANEO
Meet your Local Guide, and visit the Academy of Fine Arts with Michelangelo’s celebrated David. Continue your walking tour through the historic center and stand in awe in front of the magnificent cathedral, admire Giotto’s Bell Tower, the Baptistry’s heavy bronze “Gates of Paradise,” and sculpture-studded Signoria Square. Afterwards, you may wish to shop for Florentine leather goods and gold jewelry, sold by the ounce.
GRAND HOTEL MEDITERRANEO
Enter the impressive walls that surround the city of Siena for an orientation walk through ancient, narrow lanes to Piazza del Campo. See the square where the biannual Palio, Siena’s spectacular medieval-style horse race, is held and taste traditional panforte and ricciarelli (local specialties).
Return to Rome, the “Eternal City” and enjoy the evening on your own.
ROME. EXCURSION TO CASTEL GANDOLFO
Castel Gandolfo, Italy
Look forward to a unique experience: enjoy a guided visit of the impressive Papal Palace in Castel Gandolfo, former summer residence of the popes and, since 2016, a museum that is open to the public. Also visit the magnificent Barberini Gardens, where ruins of the residence of Roman Emperor Domitian are still visible.
Then, return to Rome, and visit the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel with Michelangelo’s ceiling paintings and The Last Judgment. Visit monumental St. Peter's Square and Basilica to admire Michelangelo’s Pietà with a Local Guide. This evening, a farewell dinner at a local restaurant is the proper way to say arrivederci Roma.
Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning.
- 45-22 days prior to commencement of services: 20% of total price*
- 21-8 days prior to commencement of services: 30% of total price*
- 7-1 days prior to commencement of services: 50% of total price*
- On departure day and later: 100% of total price*
- *Total price does not include any Instant Purchase Air or Instant Purchase Air service fees, which are non-refundable after 24 hours from purchase. Intra-vacation air is non-refundable after final payment.
- Cancellation fees may also apply to any additional services, including extra night accommodations, independently supplied services, and optional excursions reserved prior to, during, and after the tour. If flight changes, including, but not limited to, flight cancellations or name changes, are requested after full land and air deposits are received, revision fees, change fees, or airline cancellation fees will apply.
- In many instances, airline revision or change fees can be up to $300, but in some instances may be up to 100% of the ticket price. Cancellation penalties will be quoted at time of cancellation.
- All cancellations must be received in writing prior to tour departure. The cancellation policy will apply according to the date that the cancellation notification is received. The MINIMUM cancellation penalty is the deposit amount.
- The purchase to trip cancellation insurance is strongly recommended.
Terms and Conditions
- Land only “from price” is per person based on two people sharing a room together and does not include airfare unless expressly stated.
- All prices are in US Dollars.
- A $250 non-refundable, non-transferable, per-person, per-vacation deposit is required to reserve space for you, with some limited exceptions, as noted below. Payment of the deposit indicates you have read and accepted theseall Terms & Conditions. Your booking is not confirmed until the deposit payment is processed and you receive a confirmation invoice.
- Final payment is due 45 days prior to departure, with some limited exceptions, as noted below. Within the final payment date, payment in full is required at time of booking to reserve space. Reservations (land, cruise, and air) are canceled if final payment is not received by the due date. The payment policy may vary for group reservations.
- Additional deposits or payments are required for international air added to the start and/or end of your vacation and/or for intra-vacation air, as specified in the itinerary (“air-inclusive vacations”). Air-inclusive vacation pricing is guaranteed upon receipt of full land plus air deposit or land deposit plus full airfare price, depending on type of airfare purchased (Flex-Air or Instant Purchase Air).
- For complete terms and conditions please visit the Globus Terms & Conditions for more information.