Let the magic of the Canadian Rockies greet you on this tour from Vancouver to Calgary. Highlights include Victoria, Whistler, Sun Peaks, Jasper and Banff National Parks and the Columbia Ice Fields. Enjoy the shimmering lakes, the magnificent mountain vistas and a variety of wildlife. The trip also includes a visit to Butchart Gardens followed by dinner at the original Butchart family residence.
The 11 day Majestic Rockies tour from Globus Tours is perfect for beginner or novice travelers who are interested in spending some quality time with the most beautiful scenes in America. Tours like this often surface an appreciation for the outdoors, clean air and amazing vistas and this tour from Globus Tours does that a hundred times over.
11 Days • fr. $2,603
Tour Highlights & Offers
- Sightseeing in Vancouver
- Orientation tour of Victoria including a visit to Butchart Gardens
- Visit Shannon Falls in Whistler
- Sightseeing in Jasper National park including a cruise on Lake Maligne
- Ice Explorer ride on the Columbia Icefield
- Sightseeing in Banff National Park including a gondola ride up Sulphur Mountain
- Headsets throughout the tour
- Free Wi-Fi available on your motorcoach and in most hotel lobbies.
- Tips for personal services and to tour directors and drivers are not included in tour cost and left to your discretion.
- All items of a personal nature (room service, beverages, telephone charges, laundry, special food requests, etc.) and meals not specified on the tour itinerary are not included and must be paid by the client.
- All rates exclude airfare unless expressly noted.
- Breakfast daily (except Day 1) including a breakfast at Squamish Lil’wat Cultural Center
- 3 three-course dinners including a farewell dinner in Banff
- Georgian Court Hotel in Vancouver (1 night)
- Marriott Victoria Inner Harbour Hotel in Victoria (2 nights)
- Fairmont Chateau Whistler Resort in Whistler (2 nights)
- Sun Peaks Grand Hotel in Sun Peaks (1 night)
- Sawridge Hotel in Jasper National Park (2 nights)
- Buffalo Mountain Lodge in Banff National Park (2 nights)
ARRIVE IN VANCOUVER, BC
Welcome to Vancouver, your gateway to the Canadian Rockies! At 6 pm, meet your traveling companions for a welcome drink. Your Tour Director will prepare you for your upcoming adventure.
This morning, tour Vancouver, including the waterfront, Chinatown, and Stanley Park with its old-growth evergreen forests and totem poles.
Catch the BC Ferry over to Vancouver Island and Victoria. Visit world-famous Butchart Gardens, followed by a special dinner in the original Butchart family residence. See major attractions on your city orientation tour including the Fairmont Empress Hotel, Bastion Square, and Thunderbird Park.
MARRIOTT VICTORIA INNER HARBOUR
The day is free to explore on your own; your Tour Director suggests an optional marine wildlife and whale-watching trip. Shoppers will love Government Street’s elegant shops and Market Square’s specialty stores, while history buffs should be sure to visit the Royal British Columbia Museum.
MARRIOTT VICTORIA INNER HARBOUR
Gulf Islands, Canada
Today, board a BC Ferry and cross the Strait of Georgia and cruise through the spectacular Gulf Islands, an archipelago known for its Mediterranean-type climate. Stop at Shannon Falls, where a boardwalk leads to a viewing platform near the base of the roaring falls.
On to the alpine resort of Whistler at the base of breathtaking Blackcomb Mountain. Time to explore the 2010 Winter Olympics’ sites.
FAIRMONT CHATEAU WHISTLER RESORT
Today is free to explore all that Whistler has to offer. You might enjoy a trip on Whistler’s Peak2Peak Gondola, connecting Whistler and Blackcomb Mountains. Enjoy spectacular scenery and incredible photo opportunities as you travel via the longest unsupported gondola span in the world. Other options include a walk in the tree tops, a sightseeing excursion by air, shopping in the village, or just relaxing at your resort.
FAIRMONT CHATEAU WHISTLER RESORT
This morning, enjoy a visit and private breakfast at the Squamish Lil'Wat Cultural Centre, dedicated to the history and culture of the First Nations people.
Sun Peaks, Canada
Then, journey north through the heart of the magnificent Cariboo region. Spectacular scenery abounds as you pass by rolling hills, deeply incised rivers, and sparkling lakes. Afternoon arrival in Sun Peaks with the balance of the day at leisure. You may take advantage of an optional canoe trip on Lake McGillivray, where, surrounded by beautiful scenery, you learn about Canada’s fur trade.
NOTE: Operation of the canoe trip is subject to favorable weather conditions.
SUN PEAKS GRAND HOTEL
Continue north, following Yellowhead Highway and hugging the mighty North Thompson River, into the province of Alberta. See the base of 12,972-foot Mount Robson (the highest point in the Canadian Rockies) before entering JASPER NATIONAL PARK. Marvel at the precipitous gorges, snowcapped summits, and lakes of exquisite blues and greens in this wild mountain wilderness. Before arriving at your hotel, perhaps take an optional float trip down the historic Athabasca River, where your experienced guide will navigate as you absorb the splendor of Jasper National Park.
JASPER - EXCURSION TO MALIGNE LAKE
Maligne Lake, Canada
Enjoy a sightseeing tour to see Jasper’s unspoiled beauty. Afterward, travel to glacial Maligne Lake for a narrated cruiss to Spirit Island. On the return journey, stop to view Maligne Canyon.
Balance of the day is at leisure to explore Jasper on your own.
JASPER–COLUMBIA ICEFIELD–LAKE LOUISE–BANFF
Columbia Icefields, Canada
This morning, travel through Jasper National Park on Icefields Parkway to the 750-foot-thick Columbia Icefield for a thrilling Ice Explorer Ride. Climb Sunwapta Pass to savor stunning vistas of alpine meadows, waterfalls, and massive glaciers, then scale Bow Pass with splendid views of Peyto Lake.
Lake Louise, Canada
Next, stop at Lake Louise, whose green-blue waters form a perfect mirror reflection of Mount Victoria.
Continue into Banff National Park.
RIMROCK RESORT HOTEL
Breakfast this morning is served on top of Sulphur Mountain. Take a scenic ride on the Banff Gondola to the top of the mountain and then enjoy spectacular views of the valley below as you savor a flavorful meal. Additional sightseeing in Banff includes a visit to Bow Falls. The balance of the day is at leisure. Consider an optional flightseeing trip for a bird’s-eye view of the Rockies. This evening, join your Tour Director for a farewell dinner.
RIMROCK RESORT HOTEL
Depart Banff for Calgary International Airport. Airport transfers are provided. Please schedule flights after Noon.
- 45-22 days prior to commencement of services: 20% of total price*
- 21-8 days prior to commencement of services: 30% of total price*
- 7-1 days prior to commencement of services: 50% of total price*
- On departure day and later: 100% of total price*
- *Total price does not include any Instant Purchase Air or Instant Purchase Air service fees, which are non-refundable after 24 hours from purchase. Intra-vacation air is non-refundable after final payment.
- Cancellation fees may also apply to any additional services, including extra night accommodations, independently supplied services, and optional excursions reserved prior to, during, and after the tour. If flight changes, including, but not limited to, flight cancellations or name changes, are requested after full land and air deposits are received, revision fees, change fees, or airline cancellation fees will apply.
- In many instances, airline revision or change fees can be up to $300, but in some instances may be up to 100% of the ticket price. Cancellation penalties will be quoted at time of cancellation.
- All cancellations must be received in writing prior to tour departure. The cancellation policy will apply according to the date that the cancellation notification is received. The MINIMUM cancellation penalty is the deposit amount.
- The purchase to trip cancellation insurance is strongly recommended.
Terms and Conditions
- Land only “from price” is per person based on two people sharing a room together and does not include airfare unless expressly stated.
- All prices are in US Dollars.
- A $250 non-refundable, non-transferable, per-person, per-vacation deposit is required to reserve space for you, with some limited exceptions, as noted below. Payment of the deposit indicates you have read and accepted theseall Terms & Conditions. Your booking is not confirmed until the deposit payment is processed and you receive a confirmation invoice.
- Final payment is due 45 days prior to departure, with some limited exceptions, as noted below. Within the final payment date, payment in full is required at time of booking to reserve space. Reservations (land, cruise, and air) are canceled if final payment is not received by the due date. The payment policy may vary for group reservations.
- Additional deposits or payments are required for international air added to the start and/or end of your vacation and/or for intra-vacation air, as specified in the itinerary (“air-inclusive vacations”). Air-inclusive vacation pricing is guaranteed upon receipt of full land plus air deposit or land deposit plus full airfare price, depending on type of airfare purchased (Flex-Air or Instant Purchase Air).
- For complete terms and conditions please visit the Globus Terms & Conditions for more information.