Newfoundland & Labrador
Breathtaking scenery awaits you on this Newfoundland and Labrador tour. Stops include Gros Morne National Park, Port Aux Choix National Historic Site, Terre Nova National Park, Trinity, Bonavista Peninsula, Witless Bay and St. Johns. Enjoy local cruises and ferry crossings as you watch for whales, puffins and bald eagles and stops to two UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
The 12 day Newfoundland and Labrador tour from Globus Tours is a great way to get a break from all the pressures and stresses of life. Sink into Canadian history on this tour and enjoy life on the water as well as the unbelievable wildlife in many of the places you'll be visiting. If you love open air, wildlife and the beauty of Newfoundland, this tour is about as good as it gets for a traveler like you. Book your 12 day Newfoundland and Labrador tour from Globus Tours now.
12 Days • fr. $2,579
Tour Highlights & Offers
- Sightseeing in Corner Brook
- Visit Lobster Cove Head Lighthouse and Broom Point in Gros Morne National Park
- Sightseeing in Port aux Choix National Historic Site
- Ferry across Iceberg Alley in Strait of Belle Isle
- Sightseeing in Red Bay National Historic Site
- Visit Viking settlement site with a local guide in L'Anse aux Meadows
- Sightseeing in Arches Provincial Park
- Scenic cruise on Bonne Bay in Rocky Harbor
- Visit Salmonid Interpretation Center in Grand Falls
- Visit Prime Berth Fishing Museum in Twillingate
- Sightseeing in Terra Nova National Park
- Historic walking tour with a local guide in Trinity
- Excursion to Cape Bonavista in Bonavista Peninsula with a visit to Ryan Premises National Historic Site
- Whale and nature cruise in Witless Bay
- Cape Spear National Historic Site sightseeing in St. John's with a visit to Signal Hill National Historic Site
- Farewell dinner in St. John's and a traditional screech-in ceremony
- Free Wi-Fi available on your motorcoach and in most hotel lobbies.
- Tips for personal services and to tour directors and drivers are not included in tour cost and left to your discretion.
- All items of a personal nature (room service, beverages, telephone charges, laundry, special food requests, etc.) and meals not specified on the tour itinerary are not included and must be paid by the client.
- All rates exclude airfare unless expressly noted.
- Breakfast daily (except Day 1)
- 7 three-course dinners including a lobster dinner in Rocky Harbor, and a farewell dinner in St. John’s
- Glynmill Inn Hotel in Corner Brook (2 nights)
- Plum Point Motel in Plum Point (1 night)
- Northerrn Light Inn Hotel in L'Anse au Clair (1 night)
- Haven Inn Hotel in St. Anthony (1 night)
- Ocean View Hotel in Rocky Harbor (1 night)
- Sinbad's Hotel & Suites in Gander (1 night)
- Clarenville Inn in Clarenville (2 nights)
- Delta St. John's Hotel in St. John's (2 nights)
ARRIVE IN CORNER BROOK
Corner Brook, Canada
Welcome to Corner Brook! The remainder of the day is at leisure to explore the town or relax at your hotel.
Corner Brook, Canada
This morning, meet your traveling companions and Tour Director during a welcome breakfast. Then, enjoy an orientation tour of Corner Brook, followed by a break to see the Captain James Cook National Historic Site. Travel along Humber Arm to the Bay of Islands, with excellent photo opportunities on the way to Frenchman’s Cove. Enjoy a stop at Lark Harbour. Savor great views of Guernsey, Tweed, and the Pearl Islands on the return to Corner Brook.
CORNER BROOK–GROS MORNE NATIONAL PARK–PORT AU CHOIX–ST. BARBE
Gros Morne National Park, Canada
Skirt the shores of Deer Lake and head north to Gros Morne National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site known for its exceptional beauty and unique geological features. At the Lobster Cove Head, visit the Lighthouse and the fascinating marine displays.
Broom Point, Canada
Next is Broom Point, highlighting the history of Canada’s earliest fishing settlements.
St. Barbe, Canada
Depart for St. Barbe, visiting a few important sites along the way. View glacier-carved gorges on the way to Port au Choix National Historic Site. The exhibits focus on archaeological finds of Maritime Archaic and Dorset peoples who settled here before 2000 BC.
ST. BARBE–BLANC SABLON–RED BAY–L’ANSE-AU-CLAIR
Board your FERRY to cross the Strait of Belle Isle, known as Iceberg Alley, to Blanc Sablon. Then, to Red Bay, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the first major industrial complex of the New World and home to a 16th-century Basque whaling station exhibit. (NOTE: Icebergs are most often seen in June and July.)
L'Anse au Clair, Canada
Return to L’Anse-au-Clair for the night.
NORTHERN LIGHT INN
L’ANSE–AU–CLAIR–L’ANSE AUX MEADOWS–ST. ANTHONY
L'Anse aux Meadows, Canada
Ferry back to St. Barbe. Enter L’Anse aux Meadows National Historic Site, the only known Viking settlement in North America and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. A Local Guide shows you the reconstructed sod huts, explains how the Vikings lived, and you will see Norse artifacts dating back to 1000 AD.
Saint Anthony, Canada
Overnight in St. Anthony.
ST. ANTHONY–GROS MORNE AREA
This morning, travel along the Viking Trail, with a stop at Arches Provincial Park to photograph the two large arches carved by the pounding sea. Then, board a boat for a scenic cruise on Bonne Bay. Relax as you take in views of Gros Morne Mountain, learn about the history of the small villages nestled on the shores, and keep a lookout for whales and bald eagles. Tonight, enjoy a special lobster dinner.
GROS MORNE AREA–GANDER
After breakfast, depart for Gander, once the international aviation crossroads of the world for a visit to the North Atlantic Aviation Museum, to learn the history of North Atlantic aviation from the 1930s to its unexpected role in the days following the 9/11 tragedy.
GANDER–TWILLINGATE–TERRA NOVA NATIONAL PARK–CLARENVILLE
Along the “Road to the Isles,” the local predilection for colorful language comes across with place names, such as “Too Good Arm,” “Virgin Arm,” and “Crow Head.” On the way to Twillingate, visit the Prime Berth Fishing Museum and see the Long Point Lighthouse. With luck, you might spot whales along the coast en route to Terra Nova National Park.
Spend the next two nights in Clarenville, situated in beautiful Trinity Bay.
CLARENVILLE - EXCURSION TO TRINITY & CAPE BONAVISTA
This morning, travel to historic Trinity, one of the oldest communities in North America, with its scenic harbor. Enjoy a guided walking tour and hear stories that bring this picturesque village alive.
Cape Bonavista, Canada
Continue to Cape Bonavista to admire the beautiful cliffs and coastlines. In Bonavista, learn how modern North America began when John Cabot made landfall here in 1497. A visit to Ryan Premises National Historic Site commemorates the prosperous fishing industry from the early 1500s to present day.
Overnight in Clarenville
CLARENVILLE–WITLESS BAY CRUISE–ST. JOHN'S
Witless Bay, Canada
Rejoin the Trans-Canada Highway and travel to Witless Bay Islands, where whales and puffins abound. Board your boat for a narrated cruise around the three islands. Newfoundland has the largest concentration of humpback whales in the world, and is also known as the “Seabird Capital of North America,” with the largest Atlantic puffin sanctuary in North America.
St. John's/Newfoundland, Canada
Continue to St. John’s, visiting Cape Spear National Historic Site en route, the most easterly point in North America.
DELTA ST. JOHN'S HOTEL
St. John's/Newfoundland, Canada
Tour the oldest settlement in North America with a Local Guide. Visit Signal Hill National Historic Site, Cabot Tower, the Old Town, and the Basilica of St. John the Baptist. This afternoon is free to explore on your own. You may wish to visit The Rooms, where you can immerse yourself in the local culture through history, heritage, and artistic expression or spend time browsing the many boutiques and galleries of St. John’s. This evening, your Tour Director hosts a special farewell dinner that includes a traditional Screech-In ceremony. Wonderful conversation and cuisine make the perfect finale for your tour.
DELTA ST. JOHN'S HOTEL
St. John's/Newfoundland, Canada
The tour ends this morning with guests departing on individual schedules.
- 45-22 days prior to commencement of services: 20% of total price*
- 21-8 days prior to commencement of services: 30% of total price*
- 7-1 days prior to commencement of services: 50% of total price*
- On departure day and later: 100% of total price*
- *Total price does not include any Instant Purchase Air or Instant Purchase Air service fees, which are non-refundable after 24 hours from purchase. Intra-vacation air is non-refundable after final payment.
- Cancellation fees may also apply to any additional services, including extra night accommodations, independently supplied services, and optional excursions reserved prior to, during, and after the tour. If flight changes, including, but not limited to, flight cancellations or name changes, are requested after full land and air deposits are received, revision fees, change fees, or airline cancellation fees will apply.
- In many instances, airline revision or change fees can be up to $300, but in some instances may be up to 100% of the ticket price. Cancellation penalties will be quoted at time of cancellation.
- All cancellations must be received in writing prior to tour departure. The cancellation policy will apply according to the date that the cancellation notification is received. The MINIMUM cancellation penalty is the deposit amount.
- The purchase to trip cancellation insurance is strongly recommended.
Terms and Conditions
- Land only “from price” is per person based on two people sharing a room together and does not include airfare unless expressly stated.
- All prices are in US Dollars.
- A $250 non-refundable, non-transferable, per-person, per-vacation deposit is required to reserve space for you, with some limited exceptions, as noted below. Payment of the deposit indicates you have read and accepted theseall Terms & Conditions. Your booking is not confirmed until the deposit payment is processed and you receive a confirmation invoice.
- Final payment is due 45 days prior to departure, with some limited exceptions, as noted below. Within the final payment date, payment in full is required at time of booking to reserve space. Reservations (land, cruise, and air) are canceled if final payment is not received by the due date. The payment policy may vary for group reservations.
- Additional deposits or payments are required for international air added to the start and/or end of your vacation and/or for intra-vacation air, as specified in the itinerary (“air-inclusive vacations”). Air-inclusive vacation pricing is guaranteed upon receipt of full land plus air deposit or land deposit plus full airfare price, depending on type of airfare purchased (Flex-Air or Instant Purchase Air).
- For complete terms and conditions please visit the Globus Terms & Conditions for more information.