Scandinavia comes alive on this escorted tour to Denmark, Norway, Sweden and Finland. Discover the cities of Copenhagen, Oslo, Stockholm and Helsinki. Enjoy spectacular scenery, charming fishing villages and the fjords surrounding Oslo. Take a ferry from Elsinore to Helsingborg and view Hamlet’s Kronborg Castle as well as an overnight Baltic cruise from Stockholm to Helsinki.
The 10 day Northern Capital tour from Globus Tours is a great way to explore Northern Europe. You can learn a lot from a country by exploring the capital city and this excellent tour brings you to several of the most important and interesting cities in Northern Europe. Book your 10 day Northern Capital tour from Globus Tours now and get ready for a crash course in Northern Europe life, food, culture and much more.
10 Days • fr. $2,555
Tour Highlights & Offers
- Guided sightseeing tour of Copenhagen including a visit to the Royal Reception Rooms in Christiansborg Palace, the Little Mermaid, and Tivoli Gardens (mid-April to mid-September)
- Ferry crossing in Elsinore with a view of Hamlet’s castle
- Orientation of Gothenburg with a visit to the indoor food market
- Guided sightseeing of Oslo with a walk through Frogner Park and visit City Hall
- Guided sightseeing of Stockholm, a walking tour of the Old Town, and a visit to the City Hall
- Overnight cruise from Stockholm to Helsinki in first-class, outside, two-berth cabins with private facilities, including a special Smörgåsbord dinner
- Guided sightseeing in Helsinki including a visit to the Lutheran Cathedral, Sibelius Monument, and the open-air market
- Headsets throughout the tour
- Free Wi-Fi available on your motorcoach and in most hotel lobbies.
- Tips for personal services and to tour directors and drivers are not included in tour cost and left to your discretion.
- All items of a personal nature (room service, beverages, telephone charges, laundry, special food requests, etc.) and meals not specified on the tour itinerary are not included and must be paid by the client.
- All rates exclude airfare unless expressly noted.
- Full buffet breakfast daily (except Day 1)
- 4 three-course dinners with wine, including a welcome dinner in Copenhagen, a special Smörgåsbord dinner on board, and a farewell dinner in Helsinki
- Imperial Hotel in Copenhagen (2 nights)
- Thon Opera Hotel in Inverness (2 nights)
- Scandic Continental Hotel in Stockholm (2 nights)
- Radisson Blu Hotel in Helsinki (2 nights)
ARRIVE IN COPENHAGEN, DENMARK
Welcome to Copenhagen! At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for a welcome dinner at your hotel.
Morning sightseeing with a Local Guide features the Church of Our Savior and the Stock Exchange on the way to Christiansborg Palace, where you visit the elegant Royal Reception Rooms. Drive past the National Museum and the Royal Theater, and stop for pictures of Amalienborg Palace with its lovely flower gardens, and of the wistful Little Mermaid.
Afternoon at leisure.
Tonight, visit Tivoli Gardens (mid-April to mid-Sept.), the city’s colorful amusement park.
COPENHAGEN–GOTHENBURG, SWEDEN–OSLO, NORWAY
From Elsinore beneath Hamlet’s Kronborg Castle, board your ferry for Helsingborg. Then, drive to Gothenburg, Sweden’s thriving second-largest city and admire its beautiful parks, botanical gardens, and well-kept canals during your orientation tour. Highlight is a visit to Gothenburg’s famous indoor food market to taste local snacks at some of the stalls.
In the afternoon, continue along the Skagerrak coastline to Norway. Evening arrival in Oslo.
THON OPERA HOTEL
Today gives you a proper introduction to Oslo, the country’s hub of trade and industry. Sightseeing with a Local Guide features the National Theater, considered the home for Ibsen’s plays; the unique Storting building, seat of Parliament; and the Royal Palace, residence of Norwegian monarchs since 1849. Stroll through magnificent Frogner Park with Gustav Vigeland’s extraordinary sculptures; and visit the City Hall, where the Nobel Peace Prize ceremony is held each year. Interesting optional excursions are available.
THON OPERA HOTEL
Trace the King’s Road, an ancient trade link between the northern capitals connecting Oslo, Stockholm, Turku, Helsinki, and St. Petersburg. Cross the Swedish border to scenic Värmland, beautifully described in Selma Lagerlöf’s Gösta Berlings Saga, on the way to Karlstad on Lake Vänern.
Pass the ancient garrison town of Örebro and modern Eskilstuna, known for its stainless steel, and proceed to Stockholm.
SCANDIC CONTINENTAL HOTEL
Stockholm is settled on 14 islands between Lake Mälar and the Baltic Sea. Morning sightseeing with a Local Guide includes the Royal Palace; Riddarholm Church, a walk through the Old Town, and the festive blue and gold chambers in the City Hall, where the annual Nobel Prize banquet is held. Later, choose from our optional excursions to make the most of your stay.
SCANDIC CONTINENTAL HOTEL
STOCKHOLM–OVERNIGHT CRUISE TO HELSINKI, FINLAND
Morning at leisure. Why not join an excursion to Uppsala?
Later, board your ship for the overnight Baltic Sea Cruise to Finland, and enjoy a traditional Smörgåsbord dinner.
OVERNIGHT BALTIC SEA CRUISE
Guided sightseeing of Helsinki features the City Hall and Parliament House, the Presidential Palace, the monumental railroad station, the great Lutheran Cathedral, the Olympic Stadium, and the Sibelius Monument. Time to browse for souvenirs in Helsinki’s local arts and crafts open-air market.
RADISSON BLU ALEKSANTERI
A full day at leisure offers the opportunity to join an exciting optional excursion to Tallinn, capital of Estonia, known as one of the “Pearls of the Baltic” countries.
Tonight, dinner has been prepared at the hotel to celebrate the success of your tour of the Northern Capitals.
RADISSON BLU ALEKSANTERI
Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning.
- 45-22 days prior to commencement of services: 20% of total price*
- 21-8 days prior to commencement of services: 30% of total price*
- 7-1 days prior to commencement of services: 50% of total price*
- On departure day and later: 100% of total price*
- *Total price does not include any Instant Purchase Air or Instant Purchase Air service fees, which are non-refundable after 24 hours from purchase. Intra-vacation air is non-refundable after final payment.
- Cancellation fees may also apply to any additional services, including extra night accommodations, independently supplied services, and optional excursions reserved prior to, during, and after the tour. If flight changes, including, but not limited to, flight cancellations or name changes, are requested after full land and air deposits are received, revision fees, change fees, or airline cancellation fees will apply.
- In many instances, airline revision or change fees can be up to $300, but in some instances may be up to 100% of the ticket price. Cancellation penalties will be quoted at time of cancellation.
- All cancellations must be received in writing prior to tour departure. The cancellation policy will apply according to the date that the cancellation notification is received. The MINIMUM cancellation penalty is the deposit amount.
- The purchase to trip cancellation insurance is strongly recommended.
Terms and Conditions
- Land only “from price” is per person based on two people sharing a room together and does not include airfare unless expressly stated.
- All prices are in US Dollars.
- A $250 non-refundable, non-transferable, per-person, per-vacation deposit is required to reserve space for you, with some limited exceptions, as noted below. Payment of the deposit indicates you have read and accepted theseall Terms & Conditions. Your booking is not confirmed until the deposit payment is processed and you receive a confirmation invoice.
- Final payment is due 45 days prior to departure, with some limited exceptions, as noted below. Within the final payment date, payment in full is required at time of booking to reserve space. Reservations (land, cruise, and air) are canceled if final payment is not received by the due date. The payment policy may vary for group reservations.
- Additional deposits or payments are required for international air added to the start and/or end of your vacation and/or for intra-vacation air, as specified in the itinerary (“air-inclusive vacations”). Air-inclusive vacation pricing is guaranteed upon receipt of full land plus air deposit or land deposit plus full airfare price, depending on type of airfare purchased (Flex-Air or Instant Purchase Air).
- For complete terms and conditions please visit the Globus Terms & Conditions for more information.