Spirit of the Rockies
Discover the Rockies on a tour that shows you the best of British Columbia and Alberta. After touring Vancouver and Victoria take an amazing 2-day journey on the Rocky Mountaineer train to Banff. The tour continues to Lake Louise, the Columbia Icefields, Jasper National Park, Sun Peaks and Whistler with overnights at the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel and the Fairmont Chateau Whistler.
The 12 day Spirit of the Rockies tour from Globus Tours is the best way to tap into the spirit of one of the most amazing mountain ranges in the world. You'll have to be torn away from your time in some of the national parks in B.C. and other areas of Canada as you take in the natural beauty that is ever present in these parts. Book your 12 day Spirit of the Rockies tour from Globus Tours and make the most of your trip to Canada.
12 Days • fr. $5,148
Tour Highlights & Offers
- Sightseeing in Vancouver
- 2-day (1 night) scenic train trip on Rocky Mountaineer
- Choose between a nature walk with picnic lunch or a ride on the Banff Gondola with lunch in Banff National Park
- Ice Explorer ride on the Columbia Icefield
- Sightseeing in Jasper National Park
- Breakfast at Squamish Lil’wat Cultural Center in Whistler
- Choose between Afternoon Tea at the Fairmont Empress Hotel or a whale-watching excursion; farewell dinner at world-famous Butchart Gardens in Victoria
- Free Wi-Fi available on your motorcoach and in most hotel lobbies.
- Tips for personal services and to tour directors and drivers are not included in tour cost and left to your discretion.
- All items of a personal nature (room service, beverages, telephone charges, laundry, special food requests, etc.) and meals not specified on the tour itinerary are not included and must be paid by the client.
- All rates exclude airfare unless expressly noted.
- Breakfast daily (except Day 1)
- 3 lunches
- 4 three-course dinners including a farewell dinner at Butchart Gardens
- Fairmont Waterfront Hotel in Vancouver (2 nights)
- Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel in Banff (2 nights)
- Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise Resort in Lake Louise (1 night)
- Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge in Jasper (1 night)
- Sun Peaks Grand Hotel in Sun Peaks (1 night)
- Fairmont Chateau Whistler Resort in Whistler (1 night)
- Hotel TBD in Victoria in Victoria (2 nights)
ARRIVE IN VANCOUVER, BC
Welcome to Vancouver, your gateway to the Canadian Rockies! At 6 pm, meet your traveling companions for a welcome drink. Your Tour Director will prepare you for your upcoming adventure.
FAIRMONT HOTEL VANCOUVER
This morning, tour Vancouver, including the waterfront, Chinatown, and Stanley Park with its old-growth evergreen forests and totem poles. The afternoon is free to explore the many attractions at your leisure before dinner at a local restaurant.
FAIRMONT HOTEL VANCOUVER
Vancouver to Kamloops, Canada
At Vancouver’s Rocky Mountaineer Station, board the Rocky Mountaineer train to follow the Fraser Canyon and the Thompson River through beautiful landscapes to historic Kamloops. Tonight, enjoy free time in Kamloops.
NOTE: Kamloops properties are considered moderate 2- or 3-star hotels or motor inns. The city does not offer any hotels in the superior category. Your chosen hotel is determined by Rocky Mountaineer; however, you can rest assured it satisfies our high standards of cleanliness and comfort.
Kamloops to Banff, Canada
Back aboard the Rocky Mountaineer, journey from Kamloops eastward to Shuswap Lake with its many miles of shoreline. Follow the Kicking Horse River and pass over the Continental Divide into Banff National Park.
SPECIAL FEATURE: Spend the next two nights at the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel, internationally recognized as the symbol of Canadian hospitality. Opened by Canadian Pacific Railway in 1888, this chateau-style hotel developed into one of the top three getaways in North America.
FAIRMONT BANFF SPRINGS HOTEL
Breathe in the fresh mountain air! This morning, tour the highlights of Banff, Bow Falls, Tunnel Mountain, and Surprise Corner. The remainder of the day is at leisure to enjoy all that Banff has to offer. You may wish to ride on the Banff Gondola, visit the shops on Main Street, or perhaps take an optional helicopter flightseeing trip for impressive views of the Rocky Mountains and Banff.
FAIRMONT BANFF SPRINGS HOTEL
Lake Louise, Canada
En route to Lake Louise, a side trip showcases one of the crown jewels of the Rockies—Moraine Lake and the Valley of the Ten Peaks. Here, 10 mountain peaks soar above 10,000 feet and surround the tranquil waters of the lake. Later, we arrive at enchanting Lake Louise. After checking into your room, the rest of the day is free to enjoy the beauty, romance, and serenity of this famous location. (Note: The visit to Moraine Lake is normally possible from late May to early September. )
SPECIAL FEATURE: Stay overnight at the spectacular Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise. Built as a log cabin in 1890, the historic chateau has become world famous, hosting celebrities and royalty, including Queen Elizabeth II, Alfred Hitchcock, and Marilyn Monroe. Take a leisurely stroll along the pristine lake, pamper yourself in the spa, or just relax with afternoon tea.
FAIRMONT CHATEAU LAKE LOUISE
LAKE LOUISE–COLUMBIA ICEFIELD–JASPER
Columbia Icefield, Canada
Travel on awe-inspiring Icefields Parkway past towering peaks and immense hanging glaciers to Jasper National Park. Ride an exciting Ice Explorer on the 750-foot-thick Athabasca Glacier, and see thundering Athabasca Falls.
Jasper National Park, Canada
Your overnight destination is the charming village of Jasper in Jasper National Park.
SPECIAL FEATURE: Spend this evening at the beautiful Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge. Originally built by the Grand Trunk Pacific Railway and called “Tent City,” it is now a 4-star resort nestled between majestic mountains and enchanting lakes. Take a nature hike, play a game of croquet, enjoy a canoe trip on the lake, or just bask in the beauty of this tranquil setting.
FAIRMONT JASPER PARK LODGE
Sun Peaks, Canada
Departing Jasper, watch the scenery unfold while traveling the Yellowhead Highway along the Fraser and Thompson Rivers. This is the same route followed by the early fur brigades of the Hudson’s Bay Company as they paddled fully laden canoes to the Pacific Coast. Pass regal Mount Robson; at 12,972 feet, it is the highest peak in the Canadian Rockies.
SUN PEAKS GRAND HOTEL
A spectacular day lies ahead! This morning, travel past some of the most beautiful and rugged lakes and mountains in British Columbia. This afternoon, we arrive in Whistler—one of Canada’s newest and most exciting mountain resorts, and host of the 2010 Winter Olympics—and settle into the deluxe Fairmont Chateau Whistler.
SPECIAL FEATURE: Overnight at the all-season luxury resort, the Fairmont Chateau Whistler. Nestled at the base of breathtaking Blackcomb Mountain, the chateau brings old and new together in a seamless meld of historical style and modern beauty. Enjoy impeccable service and outstanding cuisine in this pristine mountain wilderness.
FAIRMONT CHATEAU WHISTLER RESORT
This morning, enjoy a visit and private breakfast at the Squamish Lil'Wat Cultural Centre, dedicated to the history and culture of the First Nations people.
Victoria Harbour, Canada
Afterward, Victoria awaits! Board a BC Ferry for a picturesque cruise to Vancouver Island and the charming, very British “Garden City” of Victoria. This afternoon, discover British Columbia’s capital on a city highlights tour. Later, perhaps stroll around the Parliament buildings or do some shopping. Enjoy dinner on your own at one of the many restaurants in this delightful harbor city.
DELTA VICTORIA OCEAN POINTE RESORT
Victoria Harbour, Canada
Today, enjoy an experience not to forget, a whale watching excursion from Victoria’s Inner Harbour. This afternoon, visit the world-famous Butchart Gardens. This estate offers more than 700 varieties of flowers on 55 acres and includes Italian, Japanese, and English-style gardens. Later, your Tour Director hosts a festive farewell dinner in the original Butchart family residence.
DELTA VICTORIA OCEAN POINTE RESORT
Vancouver International Airport, Canada
This morning, travel via BC Ferry through the Gulf Islands back to the British Columbia mainland for a transfer to Vancouver International Airport. Please schedule flights after 2 pm.
- 65-47 days prior to commencement of services: 50% of total price*
- 46-0 days prior to commencement of services: 100% of total price*
- On departure day and later: 100% of total price*
- *Total price does not include any Instant Purchase Air or Instant Purchase Air service fees, which are non-refundable after 24 hours from purchase. Intra-vacation air is non-refundable after final payment.
- Cancellation fees may also apply to any additional services, including extra night accommodations, independently supplied services, and optional excursions reserved prior to, during, and after the tour. If flight changes, including, but not limited to, flight cancellations or name changes, are requested after full land and air deposits are received, revision fees, change fees, or airline cancellation fees will apply.
- In many instances, airline revision or change fees can be up to $300, but in some instances may be up to 100% of the ticket price. Cancellation penalties will be quoted at time of cancellation.
- All cancellations must be received in writing prior to tour departure. The cancellation policy will apply according to the date that the cancellation notification is received. The MINIMUM cancellation penalty is the deposit amount.
- The purchase to trip cancellation insurance is strongly recommended.
Terms and Conditions
- Land only “from price” is per person based on two people sharing a room together and does not include airfare unless expressly stated.
- All prices are in US Dollars.
- A $250 non-refundable, non-transferable, per-person, per-vacation deposit is required to reserve space for you, with some limited exceptions, as noted below. Payment of the deposit indicates you have read and accepted theseall Terms & Conditions. Your booking is not confirmed until the deposit payment is processed and you receive a confirmation invoice.
- Final payment is due 65 days prior to departure, with some limited exceptions, as noted below. Within the final payment date, payment in full is required at time of booking to reserve space. Reservations (land, cruise, and air) are canceled if final payment is not received by the due date. The payment policy may vary for group reservations.
- Additional deposits or payments are required for international air added to the start and/or end of your vacation and/or for intra-vacation air, as specified in the itinerary (“air-inclusive vacations”). Air-inclusive vacation pricing is guaranteed upon receipt of full land plus air deposit or land deposit plus full airfare price, depending on type of airfare purchased (Flex-Air or Instant Purchase Air).
- For complete terms and conditions please visit the Globus Terms & Conditions for more information.