The Best of Italy
Explore Italy’s most iconic cities on this exclusive tour. Discover Rome, Florence, Venice, Pisa, Capri and Assisi. Visit the Vatican and the Colosseum in Rome. Take in the beautiful Tuscan countryside from Pisa to Florence. Stroll through Venice’s winding alleyways and visit St. Mark’s Square. Visit Pompeii and enjoy the beauty of the Mediterranean in Capri.
The 11 day The Best of Italy Tour from Globus Tours will bring Italy to life before your eyes. Your in-depth itinerary will explore the history, art and culture that shaped this country. You'll also stay at some of the best reviewed hotels in Italy and enjoy the Italian food that has spread Italian culture around the world.
11 Days • fr. $2,925
Tour Highlights & Offers
- Guided sightseeing tour in Rome with a visit the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel, St. Peter’s Square and Basilica, and the Colosseum
- Visit the cathedral in Orvieto
- In Tuscany, taste the traditional Cialde di Montecatini, a local biscuit made of almonds and sugar.
- Guided walking tour in Florence including a Michelangelo’s David and Signoria Square
- Marvel at the legendary Leaning Tower of Pisa
- Take a private boat ride to Lido and a private water taxi ride by night in Venice
- A guided walking tour of Venice with a visit to St. Mark’s Square and Basilica, Doges’ Palace and the Bridge of Sighs as well as a glassblower demonstration
- Guided sightseeing tour of Assisi with a visit to St. Clare’s Church and St. Francis’ Basilica
- Guided walking tour of the excavations in Pompeii
- A jetfoil ride from Naples to Capri
- In Capri take a funicular ride, a guided sightseeing tour, ride an open-taxi to Anacapri and visit Villa San Michele. Plus take a boat cruise around the island of Capri
- A jetfoil ride from Capri to Sorrento
- Headsets throughout the tour
- Free Wi-Fi available on your motorcoach and in most hotel lobbies.
- Tips for personal services and to tour directors and drivers are not included in tour cost and left to your discretion.
- All items of a personal nature (room service, beverages, telephone charges, laundry, special food requests, etc.) and meals not specified on the tour itinerary are not included and must be paid by the client.
- All rates exclude airfare unless expressly noted.
- Full buffet breakfast daily (except Day 1)
- 5 three-course dinners with wine, including special welcome and farewell dinners in Rome and a special dinner in Capri
- Mediterraneo Hotel in Rome (2 nights)
- Croce di Malta Hotel in Tuscany (2 nights)
- Hotel Petit Palais in Venice (2 nights)
- Windsor Savoia Hotel in Assisi (1 night)
- La Residenza Hotel in Capri (2 nights)
- Holiday Inn Rome Aurella in Rome (1 night)
- The hotels listed are intended to be used on all departures however Globus reserves the right to substitute other hotels than those listed. If a change becomes necessary for any reason, the hotel substituted will be of equivalent quality to those listed. No refunds are provided for hotel changes and full cancellation penalties apply.
ARRIVE IN ROME, ITALY
Welcome to Rome! At 5 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions, and enjoy a welcome dinner at a local restaurant.
Guided sightseeing of the ‟Eternal Cityˮ starts with a visit to the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel with Michelangelo’s ceiling paintings and The Last Judgment, followed by a visit to monumental Saint Peter's Square and Basilica to admire Michelangelo’s Pietà. Then, enjoy views of other major sites as you drive to the Roman Forum and visit the ancient Colosseum, where gladiators once fought. An optional walking tour with a Local Guide is available to further explore Rome's famous sites.
Starhotels MichelangeloStarhotels MichelangeloStar
Following the Tiber Valley, reach Orvieto, perched high atop a volcanic rock. Time to browse through tempting shops in the lanes off Piazza del Duomo and to visit the gothic Cathedral with its San Brizio Chapel.
Enter Tuscany, Italy’s most famous and popular province, and drive through the Chianti wine area to the spa resort of Montecatini in Tuscany.
CROCE DI MALTA
TUSCANY - EXCURSION TO FLORENCE
Look forward to a full day in Florence, “Cradle of the Renaissance.” Meet your Local Guide, and visit the Academy of Fine Arts with Michelangelo’s celebrated David. Continue your walking tour through the historic center and stand in awe in front of the magnificent cathedral, admire Giotto’s Bell Tower, the Baptistry’s heavy bronze “Gates of Paradise,” and sculpture-studded Signoria Square. Afterwards, you may wish to shop for Florentine leather goods and gold jewelry, sold by the ounce. For art lovers, an optional excursion to the Uffizi Gallery is available.
CROCE DI MALTA
Drive towards the Mediterranean coast following the valley of the Arno to Pisa. Take the traditional picture pushing back the amazing Leaning Tower, 180 feet high and at least 12 feet out of the perpendicular.
Next is Venice, a powerful magnet for romantics and art lovers from around the world. Board your private boat to Lido Island. Later, ride in style by private water-taxi to St. Marks Square to discover Venice by night, and to maybe join a traditional optional gondola serenade.
Follow your Local Guide for a walking tour and visit the byzantine St. Mark's Basilica, lavish Doges' Palace, and the Bridge of Sighs. Also watch a skilled glassblower fashion delicate objects in an age-old tradition. Time to wander through narrow streets and explore the various shops, and you may wish to join an exciting optional excursion to the island of Burano.
Sit back and relax during a scenic drive through the Apennine Mountains to peaceful Assisi, where your Local Guide will take you for a visit to St. Clare's Church and St. Francis’ Basilica built above the Saint’s grave and the hub of a religious order devoted to the ideals of humility, forgiveness, simplicity, and love for all God’s creatures. Hear about monastic life and admire the priceless frescoes adorning the walls of the church.
Head south along the Highway of the Sun to fascinating Pompeii. Join your Local Guide for a highlight visit of this Roman city both destroyed and preserved by an eruption of Mount Vesuvius in 79 AD. See a patrician home, public baths, and shops that give a striking picture of what day-to-day life was like in Rome at its apex of power.
Head to Naples and cross the blue bay by jetfoil to the Isle of Capri for your 2-night stay, and ride the funicular to Capri village.
HOTEL LA PALMA
Look forward to your Capri experience: sightseeing with a Local Guide, an open-taxi ride to Anacapri to visit famous Villa San Michele, and a relaxing boat cruise (weather permitting) around the island. Balance of the day is at leisure, to immerse yourself in the wonderful atmosphere of this beautiful island, to browse through the little shops on the piazzetta, or to just relax.
HOTEL LA PALMA
Speed across the glittering bay to the charming resort of Sorrento. Enjoy time to stroll around and check out the local shops before returning to Rome.
This evening, farewell dinner at a local restaurant has been prepared to say arrivederci Italia.
Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning.
- 45-22 days prior to commencement of services: 20% of total price*
- 21-8 days prior to commencement of services: 30% of total price*
- 7-1 days prior to commencement of services: 50% of total price*
- On departure day and later: 100% of total price*
- *Total price does not include any Instant Purchase Air or Instant Purchase Air service fees, which are non-refundable after 24 hours from purchase. Intra-vacation air is non-refundable after final payment.
- Cancellation fees may also apply to any additional services, including extra night accommodations, independently supplied services, and optional excursions reserved prior to, during, and after the tour. If flight changes, including, but not limited to, flight cancellations or name changes, are requested after full land and air deposits are received, revision fees, change fees, or airline cancellation fees will apply.
- In many instances, airline revision or change fees can be up to $300, but in some instances may be up to 100% of the ticket price. Cancellation penalties will be quoted at time of cancellation.
- All cancellations must be received in writing prior to tour departure. The cancellation policy will apply according to the date that the cancellation notification is received. The MINIMUM cancellation penalty is the deposit amount.
- The purchase to trip cancellation insurance is strongly recommended.
Terms and Conditions
- Land only “from price” is per person based on two people sharing a room together and does not include airfare unless expressly stated.
- All prices are in US Dollars.
- A $250 non-refundable, non-transferable, per-person, per-vacation deposit is required to reserve space for you, with some limited exceptions, as noted below. Payment of the deposit indicates you have read and accepted theseall Terms & Conditions. Your booking is not confirmed until the deposit payment is processed and you receive a confirmation invoice.
- Final payment is due 45 days prior to departure, with some limited exceptions, as noted below. Within the final payment date, payment in full is required at time of booking to reserve space. Reservations (land, cruise, and air) are canceled if final payment is not received by the due date. The payment policy may vary for group reservations.
- Additional deposits or payments are required for international air added to the start and/or end of your vacation and/or for intra-vacation air, as specified in the itinerary (“air-inclusive vacations”). Air-inclusive vacation pricing is guaranteed upon receipt of full land plus air deposit or land deposit plus full airfare price, depending on type of airfare purchased (Flex-Air or Instant Purchase Air).
- For complete terms and conditions please visit the Globus Terms & Conditions for more information.