The Best of Switzerland
Switzerland is a magical place surrounded by snow-capped mountains, quaint villages, alpine lakes and stunning scenery. The tour begins in Zurich and visits Vaduz, Moritz, Lugano, Zermatt, Lake Geneva and Berne before ending in Lucerne. Highlights include a mountain train to Zermatt to see the Matterhorn, alpine lakes and other exclusive experiences.
The 8 day The Best of Switzerland tour from Globus Tours takes you to the heart of Switzerland and beyond. This fantastic expert-planned itinerary will show you the best of this fantastic country in just over one week. You'll stay in some of the finest hotels in Switzerland during your journey and, after winding through the country for 8 days, you'll end up with an excellent idea of what life in Switzerland is all about.
8 Days • fr. $2,528
Tour Highlights & Offers
- Orientation walk of the Old Town in Zurich
- A visit to Vadus, the capital of Liechtenstein
- A photo stop in Lake Como
- A visit to the Swiss Italian Lake District
- A round trip mountain train ride from Tasch to Zermatt
- A guided walking tour of Berne with a stop at the Bear Park and a panoramic view from the Rose Garden
- A walking tour of Lucerne including the Lion Monument and Chapel Bridge and a Mount Pilatus excursion including a souvenir cap
- Headsets throughout the tour
- Free Wi-Fi available on your motorcoach and in most hotel lobbies.
- Tips for personal services and to tour directors and drivers are not included in tour cost and left to your discretion.
- All items of a personal nature (room service, beverages, telephone charges, laundry, special food requests, etc.) and meals not specified on the tour itinerary are not included and must be paid by the client.
- All rates exclude airfare unless expressly noted.
- Movenpick Zurich Airport Hotel in Zurich (1 night)
- Laudinella Hotel in St. Moritz (1 night)
- Del la Paix Hotel in Lugano (1 night)
- Pollux Hotel in Zermatt (1night)
- Eurotel Riviera Hotel in Lake Geneva (1 night)
- Romantik Hotel Wilden Mann in Lucerne (1 night)
- The hotels listed are intended to be used on all departures however Globus reserves the right to substitute other hotels than those listed. If a change becomes necessary for any reason, the hotel substituted will be of equivalent quality to those listed. No refunds are provided for hotel changes and full cancellation penalties apply.
ARRIVE IN ZURICH, SWITZERLAND
Welcome to Zurich! At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for a welcome dinner at your hotel.
MOEVENPICK ZURICH AIRPORT
ZURICH–VADUZ, LIECHTENSTEIN–ST. MORITZ, SWITZERLAND
Discover Zurich’s well-preserved Old Town with its medieval guild houses during your orientation walk, and stop at the famous Sprüngli Confectionery to taste the traditional chocolate pralines.
A scenic drive following Lake Zurich and Lake Walen into the high Alps leads you to the tiny Principality of Liechtenstein, clutched between Switzerland and Austria, with a surface of just 62 square miles. Stop in the capital, Vaduz, and take pictures of the castle overlooking the town and the residence of the rulers.
Saint Moritz, Switzerland
Re-enter Switzerland, and ascend the Rhine Valley into the mountainous Grisons, a canton where three of the country’s four languages are spoken. The 7,504-foot Julier Pass, an important Alpine road since Roman times, leads to the Engadine. This valley is considered by many as the most beautiful mountain area in the world, with deep-blue lakes, airy larch forests that turn golden in the fall, mountain peaks exceeding 12,000 feet, and quaint villages with massive white stone houses in the characteristic Grisons style. This afternoon, arrive in St. Moritz, the elegant resort that hosted the Winter Olympics twice, for your overnight stay.
ST. MORITZ–LAKE COMO, ITALY–LUGANO, SWITZERLAND
Lake Como, Italy
Take in a gradual change of scenery as you descend towards the enchanting shores of Italy’s Lake Como and continue on to the southern tip of Switzerland. The vegetation south of the Alps is Mediterranean: chestnut groves, vineyards, and olive and fig trees are a stark contrast to earlier today as you were within walking distance of glaciers.
Afternoon arrival in the popular subtropical resort town of Lugano allows time for shopping under the arcades of Via Nassa or an espresso on flower-festooned Piazza Riforma. To truly appreciate splendid Lake Lugano, an optional boat ride is available, followed by dinner at a traditional “grotto” restaurant.
HOTEL DE LA PAIX
LUGANO–STRESA, ITALY–TÄSCH, SWITZERLAND–ZERMATT
Continue from Lake Lugano to the Italian shore of Lake Maggiore for a break in Stresa, the “Pearl of the Lake.” An optional boat ride to enchanting Isola Bella can be arranged.
Continue over lofty Simplon Pass into the Swiss Valais, an area renowned for its excellent wines and great mountain resorts. To reach the most famous of them, leave the coach behind in Täsch and board a mountain train to climb the last few miles up to car-free Zermatt, a picturesque cluster of rustic chalets beneath the Matterhorn.
This morning, you can join an exciting optional excursion to Klein Matterhorn for spectacular views of the surrounding Alps.
Lake Geneva, Switzerland
Later, motor through the vineyards and apricot groves of the lower Rhône Valley, and arrive at beautiful Lake Geneva for your overnight stay.
MOEVENPICK HOTEL LAUSANNE
In the stately capital of Berne, your guided tour starts at the Bear Park, followed by a panoramic view of the city from the Rose Garden. Next, enjoy a walking tour through the beautifully preserved medieval Old Town. Witness the hourly parade of painted figures at the Clock Tower and take pictures of ornate, flower-adorned fountains. See life in rural Switzerland and look forward to a special lunch at a traditional Swiss working form.
Cross the Brünig Pass that connects the Bernese Oberland to central Switzerland and arrive in picturesque Lucerne. An optional dinner excursion is available to a folklore party with yodeling for a first-hand impression of Alpine merrymaking.
ROMANTIK HOTEL WILDEN MANN
Follow your Tour Director for a pleasant walk and admire Thorwaldsen’s impressive Lion Monument, dedicated to the Swiss Guards who protected the Royal House of France during the French Revolution. Walk along ornate patrician houses of the walled Old Town, then cross the famous covered Chapel Bridge to the Jesuit Church, the first large baroque church built in Switzerland on the north side of the Alps. Afterward, another true Swiss experience: a trip to the top of Mount Pilatus, the “Guard of Lucerne,” where you receive a special souvenir cap to always remember this experience! Tonight, a farewell dinner awaits at your hotel for a proper auf Wiedersehen.
ROMANTIK HOTEL WILDEN MANN
Morning transfer to Zurich Airport in time for homebound flights leaving no earlier than 10 am. Extra nights are available in Zurich.
- 45-22 days prior to commencement of services: 20% of total price*
- 21-8 days prior to commencement of services: 30% of total price*
- 7-1 days prior to commencement of services: 50% of total price*
- On departure day and later: 100% of total price*
- *Total price does not include any Instant Purchase Air or Instant Purchase Air service fees, which are non-refundable after 24 hours from purchase. Intra-vacation air is non-refundable after final payment.
- Cancellation fees may also apply to any additional services, including extra night accommodations, independently supplied services, and optional excursions reserved prior to, during, and after the tour. If flight changes, including, but not limited to, flight cancellations or name changes, are requested after full land and air deposits are received, revision fees, change fees, or airline cancellation fees will apply.
- In many instances, airline revision or change fees can be up to $300, but in some instances may be up to 100% of the ticket price. Cancellation penalties will be quoted at time of cancellation.
- All cancellations must be received in writing prior to tour departure. The cancellation policy will apply according to the date that the cancellation notification is received. The MINIMUM cancellation penalty is the deposit amount.
- The purchase to trip cancellation insurance is strongly recommended.
Terms and Conditions
- Land only “from price” is per person based on two people sharing a room together and does not include airfare unless expressly stated.
- All prices are in US Dollars.
- A $250 non-refundable, non-transferable, per-person, per-vacation deposit is required to reserve space for you, with some limited exceptions, as noted below. Payment of the deposit indicates you have read and accepted theseall Terms & Conditions. Your booking is not confirmed until the deposit payment is processed and you receive a confirmation invoice.
- Final payment is due 45 days prior to departure, with some limited exceptions, as noted below. Within the final payment date, payment in full is required at time of booking to reserve space. Reservations (land, cruise, and air) are canceled if final payment is not received by the due date. The payment policy may vary for group reservations.
- Additional deposits or payments are required for international air added to the start and/or end of your vacation and/or for intra-vacation air, as specified in the itinerary (“air-inclusive vacations”). Air-inclusive vacation pricing is guaranteed upon receipt of full land plus air deposit or land deposit plus full airfare price, depending on type of airfare purchased (Flex-Air or Instant Purchase Air).
- For complete terms and conditions please visit the Globus Terms & Conditions for more information.