Croatia is a lesser traveled country that boasts stunning landscapes, fascinating history and ancient art and architecture. The Croatia includes visits to Zagreb, Opatija, Zadar, Split, and Dubrovnik in Croatia, and Ljubljana, Slovenia’s capital city. The tour includes visits to ancient palaces, forts and cathedrals. Explore the Postojna Caves and enjoy the beauty of the Dalmatian coast.
The 11 day The Croatian Tour from Globus Tours is an epic adventure into the cities and countryside that make Croatia such a great travel destination. While the beauty of the coast draws in many, others flock to the big city lights of Ljubljana. Whatever your destination, you're certain to have a blast for these exciting 11 days as you take off on The Croatian Tour from Globus Tours.
11 Days • fr. $2,374
Tour Highlights & Offers
- Enjoy a guided sightseeing tour of Zagreb including a visit to the cathedral
- Guided sightseeing tour of Ljubljana including a visit St. Nicholas’ Cathedral
- Visit the caves in Postojna
- Guided tour of Pula including a visit to the Amphitheater and the Temple of Augustus
- Guided walking tour in the national park near Plitvice
- Guided walking tour in Zadar from the Old Town to the main square
- Visit the historic city of Trogir
- Enjoy a guided walking tour of Split included a visit to Diocletian’s Palace
- Guided walking tour of Dubrovnik including a visit to Rector’s Palace
- Headsets throughout the tour
- Free Wi-Fi available on your motorcoach and in most hotel lobbies.
- Tips for personal services and to tour directors and drivers are not included in tour cost and left to your discretion.
- All items of a personal nature (room service, beverages, telephone charges, laundry, special food requests, etc.) and meals not specified on the tour itinerary are not included and must be paid by the client.
- All rates exclude airfare unless expressly noted.
- Full buffet breakfast daily (except Day 1)
- 6 three-course dinners with wine, including a welcome dinner in Zagreb, a special dinner in Split and a farewell dinner in Dubrovnik
- The Westin Zagreb Hotel in Zagreb (1 night)
- Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel in Ljubljana (2 nights)
- Agava Hotel in Opatija (2 nights)
- President Hotel in Split (2 nights)
- Valamar Lacroma Resort in Dubrovnik (2 nights)
- The hotels listed are intended to be used on all departures however Globus reserves the right to substitute other hotels than those listed. If a change becomes necessary for any reason, the hotel substituted will be of equivalent quality to those listed. No refunds are provided for hotel changes and full cancellation penalties apply.
ARRIVE IN ZAGREB, CROATIA
Welcome to Zagreb! At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for a welcome dinner at your hotel.
THE WESTIN ZAGREB
Discover the Lower and medieval Upper Town of the capital of Croatia, with a Local Guide, and admire the Austro-Hungarian architecture such as the Parliament, Stone Gate, the Archbishop’s Palace, and more, plus a visit to the majestic Cathedral.
Enter Slovenia and arrive in its capital, Ljubljana.
RADISSON BLU PLAZA HOTEL
Guided sightseeing features the main sites like the medieval castle, the impressive City Hall, and a visit to magnificent St. Nicholas’ Cathedral. Balance of the day at leisure to join the locals along the banks of the Ljubljanica River or to just relax.
RADISSON BLU PLAZA HOTEL
Visit the spectacular Postojna Cave by mini-train. The cave was discovered in the 17th century, opened to the public in 1819, and is considered the most beautiful in Slovenia.
Continue to Opatija, a famous seaside resort frequented by tourists from the mid-19th century onwards.
OPATIJA. EXCURSION TO PULA
A scenic drive through the Istrian Peninsula to Pula, where your Local Guide will show you the Triumphal Arch of the Sergi, dating back to the 1st century. Then, visit the perfectly preserved Amphitheater and the Temple of Augustus.
Return to Opatija and immerse yourself in the relaxed atmosphere of the resort. Walk along the lungomare seaside promenade and don’t forget to take pictures of the famous Maiden with the Seagull.
Plitvice Lakes National Park, Croatia
Head inland to peaceful Plitvice and join your Local Guide for a walking tour of the NATIONAL PARK, famous for its lakes, waterfalls, and forests.
Back to the coastline, arrive at your beautifully located hotel, surrounded by fragrant pine woods.
HOTEL PINIJA AT PETRCANE
A guided walking tour to the main square gives you a good impression of this city with its turbulent history of fighting off the Venetians, crusaders, and Turks over the centuries. Don’t miss the Sea Organ and the Greeting to the Sun.
The next two cities are UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Explore picturesque Trogir, founded by Greek colonists and a major port until Roman times,
continue to Split, the ancient Spalato. This evening, enjoy a special dinner at a local restaurant.
Walk through the labyrinth of medieval streets within the walls of Emperor DIOCLETIAN’S PALACE, a well-preserved fortress and a living part of the Old Town, with your Local Guide. Also see the Mausoleum, the Cathedral of St. Domnius, and the Temple of Jupiter with its impressive basement halls—a filming location in the Game of Thrones.
Follow the Dalmatian coast, heading south to Dubrovnik. Beautifully situated on a promontory jutting into the Adriatic Sea, Dubrovnik was once an independent maritime republic rivaling Venice. Enjoy a walking tour with a Local Guide to see the Franciscan and Dominican monasteries, and the impressive ramparts, erected during the Crusades to protect the town against land attacks. Also visit the 15th-century Rector's Palace, built in Gothic style, with renaissance and baroque elements, harmoniously combined.
VALAMAR LACROMA RESORT
A full day at leisure to relax or to join an exciting optional excursion. This evening, a farewell dinner awaits at your hotel to celebrate the success of your Croatian tour.
VALAMAR LACROMA RESORT
Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning.
- 45-22 days prior to commencement of services: 20% of total price*
- 21-8 days prior to commencement of services: 30% of total price*
- 7-1 days prior to commencement of services: 50% of total price*
- On departure day and later: 100% of total price*
- *Total price does not include any Instant Purchase Air or Instant Purchase Air service fees, which are non-refundable after 24 hours from purchase. Intra-vacation air is non-refundable after final payment.
- Cancellation fees may also apply to any additional services, including extra night accommodations, independently supplied services, and optional excursions reserved prior to, during, and after the tour. If flight changes, including, but not limited to, flight cancellations or name changes, are requested after full land and air deposits are received, revision fees, change fees, or airline cancellation fees will apply.
- In many instances, airline revision or change fees can be up to $300, but in some instances may be up to 100% of the ticket price. Cancellation penalties will be quoted at time of cancellation.
- All cancellations must be received in writing prior to tour departure. The cancellation policy will apply according to the date that the cancellation notification is received. The MINIMUM cancellation penalty is the deposit amount.
- The purchase to trip cancellation insurance is strongly recommended.
Terms and Conditions
- Land only “from price” is per person based on two people sharing a room together and does not include airfare unless expressly stated.
- All prices are in US Dollars.
- A $250 non-refundable, non-transferable, per-person, per-vacation deposit is required to reserve space for you, with some limited exceptions, as noted below. Payment of the deposit indicates you have read and accepted theseall Terms & Conditions. Your booking is not confirmed until the deposit payment is processed and you receive a confirmation invoice.
- Final payment is due 45 days prior to departure, with some limited exceptions, as noted below. Within the final payment date, payment in full is required at time of booking to reserve space. Reservations (land, cruise, and air) are canceled if final payment is not received by the due date. The payment policy may vary for group reservations.
- Additional deposits or payments are required for international air added to the start and/or end of your vacation and/or for intra-vacation air, as specified in the itinerary (“air-inclusive vacations”). Air-inclusive vacation pricing is guaranteed upon receipt of full land plus air deposit or land deposit plus full airfare price, depending on type of airfare purchased (Flex-Air or Instant Purchase Air).
- For complete terms and conditions please visit the Globus Terms & Conditions for more information.