The Scandinavian Tour is a perfect introduction to the northern capitals. Exploring Denmark, Sweden and Norway, you will encounter stunning landscapes, embrace local culture, and learn about the area’s history. This escorted tour visits Copenhagen, Arhus, Gothenburg, Stockholm, Karlstad, Lillehammer, Flåm, Bergen, Geilo and Oslo and features famous highlights and local treasures.
The 14 day The Scandinavian tour from Globus Tours is a an epic journey through Northern Europe that you won't soon forget. If you're looking for a tour that brings you to all the right places, gets you access to all of the best activities and keeps you traveling in style all along the way, the 14 The Scandinavian tour from Globus Tours is the perfect answer to your travel tour questions.
14 Days • fr. $3,707
Tour Highlights & Offers
- Guided sightseeing tour of Copenhagen including a visit to the Royal Reception Rooms in Christiansborg Palace, the Little Mermaid, and Tivoli Gardens (mid-April to mid-September)
- Visit to the Hans Christian Andersen’s Museum in Odense
- Visit Den Gamle By in Arhus
- Ferry crossing from Frederikshavn to Gothenburg
- Orientation drive in Gothenburg
- Guided sightseeing of Stockholm including a walking tour of the Old Town and a visit to the City Hall
- A guided visit of Gripsholm Castle
- Guided walking tour of the Maihaugen Open-Air Museum in Lillehammer
- Photo opportunity of the stave church in Borgund
- Boat cruise in Sognefjord and Naeroyfjord
- Orientation tour of Bergen
- Enjoy apple cider at a local fruit farm in Hardangerfjord
- Visit a stave church in Torpo
- Guided sightseeing of Oslo with a walk through Frogner Park and a visit to City Hall
- Headsets throughout the tour
- Free Wi-Fi available on your motorcoach and in most hotel lobbies.
- Tips for personal services and to tour directors and drivers are not included in tour cost and left to your discretion.
- All items of a personal nature (room service, beverages, telephone charges, laundry, special food requests, etc.) and meals not specified on the tour itinerary are not included and must be paid by the client.
- All rates exclude airfare unless expressly noted.
- Full Scandinavian breakfast daily (except Day 1)
- 8 three-course dinners with wine, including a welcome dinner in Copenhagen, a special dinner in Arhus, and a farewell dinner in Oslo
- Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel in Copenhagen (2 nights)
- Scandic Aarhus City Hotel in Aarhus (1 night)
- First Hotel G in Gothenburg (1 night)
- Radisson Blu Waterrfront Hotel in Stockholm (2 nights)
- Clarion Collection Hotel Plaza in Karlstad (1 night)
- Scandic Lillehammer Hotel in Lillehammer (1 night)
- Fretheim Hotel in Flam (1 night)
- First Hotel Marin in Bergen (1 night)
- Dr. Holms Hotel in Geilo (1 night)
- Thon Opera Hotel in Oslo (3 nights)
- The hotels listed are intended to be used on all departures however Globus reserves the right to substitute other hotels than those listed. If a change becomes necessary for any reason, the hotel substituted will be of equivalent quality to those listed. No refunds are provided for hotel changes and full cancellation penalties apply.
ARRIVE IN COPENHAGEN, DENMARK
Welcome to Copenhagen! At 6 pm, meet your traveling companions for a welcome dinner at your hotel.
RADISSON BLU SCANDINAVIA
Sightseeing with a Local Guide features the Church of Our Savior and the Stock Exchange on the way to Christiansborg Palace, where you visit the elegant royal reception rooms. Drive past the National Museum and the Royal Theater, and stop for pictures of Amalienborg Palace and at the Little Mermaid statue. Tonight, visit Tivoli Gardens, the city’s colorful amusement park.
RADISSON BLU SCANDINAVIA
Drive across one of the world’s largest suspension bridges, constructed off-shore to the fairytale island of Funen. Visit Hans Christian Andersn's Museum at Odense, then cross the Little Belt waterway to Jutland.
Arrive in Arhus and visit Den Camle By, a fascinating collection of completely furnished old Danish townhouses. This evening, dinner at a local restaurant has been prepared to try out local specialties.
SCANDIC AARHUS CITY
From the naval town of Frederikshavn, cross beautiful Kattegat by ferry to Sweden’s largest port city, Gothenburg. See its landmarks during an orientation drive and enjoy time on your own in this charming city.
FIRST HOTEL G
Drive through the “breadbasket” of the country, miles of fertile farmland strewn with tidy farms, followed by industrial towns like Huskvarna and Norköping, a major Baltic seaport. Arrive in Stockholm, settled on 14 islands between Lake Mälar and the Baltic Sea.
RADISSON BLU WATERFRONT
Morning sightseeing with a Local Guide includes the Royal Palace, Riddarholm Church, a walk through the Old Town, and the festive blue and gold chambers in the City Hall, where the annual Nobel Prize banquet is held. Choose from our exciting optional excursions to make the most of your stay.
RADISSON BLU WATERFRONT
On the shores of Lake Mälar, visit King Gustav Vasa’s Gripsholm Castle before continuing west through the scenic Lake District. On the way, get glimpses of the ancient garrison town of Örebro and Bofors, site of Alfred Nobel’s ammunition factory.
Overnight in Karlstad on Lake Vänern.
CLARION COLLECTION HOTEL PLAZA
A scenic day! Drive through Värmland, the area so beautifully described in Selma Lagerlöf’s Gösta Berling’s Saga, to the Norwegian border. Via the fortress town of Kongsvinger, situated on the mighty Glomma river, and Lake Mjøsa arrive in Lillehammer. njoy a guided visit of the fascinating Maihaugen Open-Air Museum, an encounter with Norway’s culture and history and a fascinating collection of artifacts.
LILLEHAMMER–BORGUND–SOGNEFJORD & NÆRØYFJORD–FLÅM
Majestic mountains, dark-pine forests, sparkling lakes, and silvery trout streams abound on your leisurely journey today. Visit the well-preserved, wooden Borgund Stave Church, before arriving in Flåm, where a true highlight awaits: a leisurely cruise on the spectacular Sognefjord and Nærøyfjord, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
This morning, you may wish to join the panoramic optional Flåm train ride. Otherwise explore Flam on your own.
Then, see the popular lakeside resort of Voss and drive south to the Hardangerfjord, where you will be met by the family that has owned the Steinsto Fruit Farm for eight generations and hear about their history. Taste home-made apple juice and cider, and enjoy lunch.
Continue to picturesque Bergen, the most characteristic of all Norwegian towns.
FIRST HOTEL MARIN
Step back in time and explore Bryggen on a guided walking tour along narrow, cobblestone alleyways past colorful wooden houses. Also see the 12th-century St. Mary’s Church, where Hanseatic merchants attended religious services until the 1870s. Balance of the day is at leisure.
FIRST HOTEL MARIN
Board the Bergen Railway and travel across the wild Hardangervidda mountain plateau to Oslo, capital of Norway.
THON OPERA HOTEL
Sightseeing with a Local Guide features the National Theater, considered the home for Ibsen’s plays; the unique Storting building, seat of Parliament; and the Royal Palace, residence of Norwegian monarchs since 1849. Stroll through magnificent Frogner Park with Gustav Vigeland’s extraordinary sculptures; and visit the City Hall, where the Nobel Peace Prize ceremony is held each year. The afternoon is free, with a chance to join an optional excursion to see the relics of a glorious seafaring past. Tonight, enjoy a farewell dinner with your traveling companions.
THON OPERA HOTEL
Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning.
- 45-22 days prior to commencement of services: 20% of total price*
- 21-8 days prior to commencement of services: 30% of total price*
- 7-1 days prior to commencement of services: 50% of total price*
- On departure day and later: 100% of total price*
- *Total price does not include any Instant Purchase Air or Instant Purchase Air service fees, which are non-refundable after 24 hours from purchase. Intra-vacation air is non-refundable after final payment.
- Cancellation fees may also apply to any additional services, including extra night accommodations, independently supplied services, and optional excursions reserved prior to, during, and after the tour. If flight changes, including, but not limited to, flight cancellations or name changes, are requested after full land and air deposits are received, revision fees, change fees, or airline cancellation fees will apply.
- In many instances, airline revision or change fees can be up to $300, but in some instances may be up to 100% of the ticket price. Cancellation penalties will be quoted at time of cancellation.
- All cancellations must be received in writing prior to tour departure. The cancellation policy will apply according to the date that the cancellation notification is received. The MINIMUM cancellation penalty is the deposit amount.
- The purchase to trip cancellation insurance is strongly recommended.
Terms and Conditions
- Land only “from price” is per person based on two people sharing a room together and does not include airfare unless expressly stated.
- All prices are in US Dollars.
- A $250 non-refundable, non-transferable, per-person, per-vacation deposit is required to reserve space for you, with some limited exceptions, as noted below. Payment of the deposit indicates you have read and accepted theseall Terms & Conditions. Your booking is not confirmed until the deposit payment is processed and you receive a confirmation invoice.
- Final payment is due 45 days prior to departure, with some limited exceptions, as noted below. Within the final payment date, payment in full is required at time of booking to reserve space. Reservations (land, cruise, and air) are canceled if final payment is not received by the due date. The payment policy may vary for group reservations.
- Additional deposits or payments are required for international air added to the start and/or end of your vacation and/or for intra-vacation air, as specified in the itinerary (“air-inclusive vacations”). Air-inclusive vacation pricing is guaranteed upon receipt of full land plus air deposit or land deposit plus full airfare price, depending on type of airfare purchased (Flex-Air or Instant Purchase Air).
- For complete terms and conditions please visit the Globus Terms & Conditions for more information.