A Week in Paris & Provence
This luxury travel tour of France is called A Week in Paris and Provence. This tour brings you to the best of Cannes, Nice, Arles, Pont Du Gard and Paris in just 8 days time. These 8 action-packed days will illuminate all the reasons why France is often seen as an art and romance mecca. Dive into the culture of France!
You’ll experience the best in museums, culture and, of course, food that these storied cities have to offer. For those looking for a luxury tour that serves up the true French variety that you’re longing for, this tour is for you. Your A Week in Paris and Provence luxury Tauck tour starts in Cannes, a city as famous for historic moments as the legendary film fest. You’ll explore this glorious city before taking a private cruise down the Riviera. You’ll feast your eyes on the very same landscapes that inspired the greats like van Gogh. Perhaps one of the most exciting stops on this travel tour is your time spent in Paris where you can see the sights, like the Eiffel Tower, and the dive much deeper into Parisian culture on this amazing tour of Paris and Provence.
8 Days • fr. $4,890
Tour Highlights & Offers
- TAUCK’S YELLOW ROADS! Traveling along the back roads of Provence is a vivid contrast of lush forests, olive groves, deep valleys & ancient villages splashed with sepia tones
- TAUCK EXCLUSIVE - Exclusive after-hours visit to the Louvre Museum on select departures! Tours of April 21, May 26, August 25, September 1 & 29 and October 6 will enjoy a private after-hours visit to the Louvre on the evening of Day 5 - without crowds!
- A guided adventure walk on the Pont du Gard
- Tour and folkloric dinner at Moulin Castelas, an award-winning olive oil producer in Maussane les Alpilles
- A guided tour of Musée du Louvre to see the Mona Lisa and Venus de Milo
- Inside visit to the Palais des Papes in Avignon with a local guide
- Wine tasting at a château near St-Rémy-de-Provence
- Airport transfers upon arrival and departure as detailed
- All customary gratuities for hotel and restaurant staff and local guides are included.
- The customary gratuities for the Tauck Director and local drivers are not included. We ask that gratuities be extended on a voluntary, individual basis and not as a group.
- All items of a personal nature (room service, beverages, telephone charges, laundry, dry cleaning, special food requests, etc.) and meals not specified on the tour itinerary are not included and must be paid by the client.
- Airline excess luggage charges, vaccinations, visa fees and services, airport arrival and departure taxes, individual airport transfers (when applicable), and other optional or incidental extras are not included.
- All rates exclude airfare unless expressly noted.
- 7 breakfasts
- 2 lunches
- 5 dinners
- JW Marriott Cannes in Cannes, France (2 nights)
- Le Vallon de Valrugues & Spa in St. Rémy de Provence, France (2 nights)
- Sofitel Paris le Faubourg in Paris, France (3 nights)
Arrive in Cannes on the Côte d'Azur
Tour begins: 6:30 PM, JW Marriott Cannes. A transfer is included from Nice Côte d'Azur Airport to the JW Marriott Cannes. Join us for a welcome cocktail reception and dinner this evening at your contemporary luxury hotel on Cannes' celebrated Croisette boulevard facing the Bay of Cannes, on one of the most famous waterfronts on the French Riviera. Please join us tonight for a welcome reception and dinner at your seaside hotel.
JW MARRIOTT CANNES
Cannes, a cruise to Nice & more
A marvelous day in southern France begins with a walking tour of Cannes – a popular Mediterranean resort for more than a century, and home to the world-famous annual Cannes International Film Festival since 1946.
Then head off on a cruise along the Riviera (weather permitting) to seaside Nice for an orientation walk through the old city that recalls the days when aristocrats and royals spent their winters here. Enjoy some free time to explore as you please before an afternoon visit to Musée Marc Chagall, a national museum spotlighting religious-inspired works by the Russian-born painter who made France his home. Return to your hotel in Cannes for an evening spent as you please.
JW MARRIOTT CANNES
Artistic Aix, a winery & van Gogh's St-Remy
Imagine great artists like Paul Cézanne at work amidst the spectrum of colors found in Provence as you view Mont Ste-Victoire and join your local guide for a walking tour among the fountains, squares and medieval center of lovely Aix-en-Provence. After free time for lunch in Aix, visit Domaine de Valdition for an afternoon wine-tasting.
Saint Remy, France
Continue on to St-Rémy-de-Provence, where Dutch artist Vincent van Gogh spent one year of his life at a monastery that served as an asylum; his stay here resulted in a period of creativity that produced 150 of his most beloved paintings including Starry Night, Wheat Field with Cypresses and Irises.
You will spend two nights in town at charming Le Vallon de Valrugues & Spa.
LE VALLON DE VALRUGUES & SPA
Lovely Arles, the Pont du Gard & olive oil
No journey in southern France is complete without exploring the Provençal landscapes that inspired van Gogh, where olive groves, cypress trees, and flowers the colors of the rainbow greet you. Travel today to ancient Arles, exploring the historic Old Town noted for its narrow streets, medieval stonework and lingering evidence of its ancient Roman residents.
Pont du Gard, France
Then take an adventurous guided walk on the famous Pont du Gard, an ingenious 2,000-year-old Roman aquaduct spanning the River Gardon, before visiting Moulin Castelas, an award-winning olive oil producer in Maussane les Alpilles; their product is a delight, as you'll discover on a tour of their orchards. Travel a short distance for a Provençal evening – enjoy a Provence-style dinner and a presentation of Provençal folklore.
LE VALLON DE VALRUGUES & SPA
The ancient walls of Avignon & a fast train to Paris
Avignon has reigned as one of Europe's most beautiful medieval cities since the 14th century, when it was briefly the capital of Christendom and the home of the popes. A visit inside the fortress-like Palais des Papes with a local guide reveals the treasures and lifestyles of the pontiffs who reigned in Avignon for almost 70 years.
Explore more of the walled city on your own, before traveling first class this afternoon on the high-speed TGV train to inimitable Paris. This evening, you're in for a culinary treat – dinner at Aux Lyonnais, the popular Alain Ducasse bistro in Paris.
SOFITEL PARIS LE FAUBOURG
Bonjour la Cité... exploring the sights of Paris
A guided orientation tour today gives you a great overview of Paris and includes the Arc de Triomphe, Champs Élysées, Place de la Concorde, the Eiffel Tower and Cathedral of Notre Dame. Join us for a lunch affording memorable views of landmark sights, then explore the city as you wish for the rest of the day and evening.
SOFITEL PARIS LE FAUBOURG
The treasures of the Louvre & a grand farewell to Paris
Join our local guide this morning for a visit inside the legendary Musée du Louvre, where you'll view some of the world’s most famous art masterpieces, including the Mona Lisa and the Venus de Milo. Spend the afternoon at leisure and join us for our farewell dinner tonight at a well-known brasserie, Les Ombres, with spectacular views of the Eiffel Tower – and bid adieu to Paris with gourmet food and wine.
SOFITEL PARIS LE FAUBOURG
Tour ends: Paris. Fly home anytime. Your transfer is included from Sofitel Paris le Faubourg to Charles de Gaulle International Airport, Orly Airport or a Paris train station. You should allow a minimum of 3 hours for flight check-in....
- 60 days or more before departure: $600.00 per person
- 59-8 days before departure: $900.00 per person
- 7-1 days before departure: $1500.00 per person
- On departure day and later: 100% of total price
- Any changes or cancellations to airline reservations made through Tauck either before or after departure are subject to the cancellation / change policies of the individual airlines. In n some instances these cancellation / change fees may be up to 100% of the ticket price.
- Cancellation fees may also apply to any additional services, including extra night accommodations, independently supplied services, and optional excursions reserved prior to, during, and after the tour. If flight changes, including, but not limited to, flight cancellations or name changes, are requested after full land and air deposits are received, revision fees, change fees, or airline cancellation fees will apply.
- All cancellations must be received in writing prior to tour departure. The cancellation policy will apply according to the date that the cancellation notification is received. The MINIMUM cancellation penalty is the deposit amount.
- The purchase to trip cancellation insurance is strongly recommended.
Terms and Conditions
- Land only “from price” is per person based on two people sharing a room together and does not include airfare unless expressly stated.
- All prices are in US Dollars.
- A $600 non-refundable, non-transferable, per-person, per-vacation deposit is required to reserve space for you. Payment of the deposit indicates you have read and accepted all Terms & Conditions. Your booking is not confirmed until the deposit payment is processed and you receive a confirmation invoice.
- Final payment is due 75 days prior to departure. Within the final payment date, payment in full is required at time of booking to reserve space. Reservations (land, cruise, and air) are canceled if final payment is not received by the due date.
- Additional deposits or payments are required for international air added to the start and/or end of your vacation.