A Week In... Venice, Florence & Rome
Immerse yourself in la dolce vita on this A Week In...Venice, Florence & Rome tour. Art, culture, history, food and wine are among the many reasons visitors choose to travel in Italy. Cruise along Venice's storied canals via romantic gondola. Enjoy an after-hours tour of the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel. Witness incredible artwork on a private tour of the renowned Uffizi Gallery. Fall in love with Italy on this memorable journey.
8 Days • fr. $5,790
- TAUCK’S YELLOW ROADS – Travel from Florence through the Chianti hills to Badia di Passignano, an ancient monastery
- TAUCK EXCLUSIVE – Private, after-hours guided tour of the Uffizi Gallery in Florence with a local expert
- TAUCK EXCLUSIVE – After-hours guided visit to the Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel
- TAUCK EXCLUSIVE – Special cellar tour and wine-pairing lunch plus an olive-oil tasting at the osteria of a famed monastery in the Chianti hills
- GUIDED TOUR of Imperial Rome including the seven hills, the Baths of Caracella, and the Forum
- INSIDE guided visit of the Colosseum
- GONDOLA RIDE on the legendary canals of Venice
- FIRST-CLASS travel by high-speed train Venice to Florence, Florence to Rome
- LOCALLY-GUIDED VISIT to the 14th-century Doge's Palace
- SEE the golden mosaics inside St. Mark’s Basilica
- EXPLORE Piazza San Marco
- GUIDED TOUR to the fabulous Galleria dell’Accademia
- JOIN a sommelier at the Badia de Passignano wine cellar, sample its famous Chiantis, and have lunch at Osteria di Passignano
- CHEF-LEAD extra-virgin olive oil tasting
- Airport transfers upon arrival and departure as detailed
- All customary gratuities for hotel and restaurant staff and local guides are included.
- The customary gratuities for the Tauck Director and local drivers are not included. We ask that gratuities be extended on a voluntary, individual basis and not as a group.
- All items of a personal nature (room service, beverages, telephone charges, laundry, dry cleaning, special food requests, etc.) and meals not specified on the tour itinerary are not included and must be paid by the client.
- Airline excess luggage charges, vaccinations, visa fees and services, airport arrival and departure taxes, individual airport transfers (when applicable), and other optional or incidental extras are not included.
- All rates exclude airfare unless expressly noted.
- Baglioni Hotel Luna in Venice, Italy (2 nights)
- Hotel Bernini Palace in Florence, Italy (3 nights)
- Baglioni Hotel Regina in Rome, Italy (2 nights)
ARRIVE VENICE Location Information Description
Welcome to Venice! Arrive at the Baglioni Hotel Luna, a five-star luxury hotel in the heart of the city, with its own private jetty. Once an aristocratic palace, its splendidly appointed rooms, marbled floors and frescoed ceilings retain the elegance of a bygone era. You are only steps away from Piazza San Marco and close to the city's most famous landmarks.
Tonight, join your hosts for a welcome reception and dinner at Antico Martini, one of Venice's top restaurants, in an intimate, picture-perfect setting opposite the La Fenice opera house.
Baglioni Hotel Luna
ST. MARK'S & MORE IN VENICE Location Information Description
Eccentric, romantic, and innovative, Venice defies the tides of history. Its famous canals, once a defense against barbarian armies, belie its vulnerability and uniqueness as a timeless city on the edge, teeming with art and restless energy. You can feel that ancient energy on a guided walking tour of St. Mark's Basilica, adorned with domes, columns and spires, its gilded, soaring walls and ceilings profusely decorated with Byzantine mosaics and relics.
Aural art has a history here too: antiphonal music was born in the basilica's peculiar design and perfect acoustics. No less inspiring is the adjacent Doge's Palace, a mass of pink marble that seems to float on tiers of Gothic arcades. Once the seat of power in the Venetian empire, the palace is now a museum of art treasures and a work of art itself in every intricate detail. Experience Venice up close and in style on a gondola ride through its maze of water lanes. Dine as you please this evening and explore the city's vibrant contemporary culture in its fine restaurants, shops and galleries.
Baglioni Hotel Luna
BY HIGH-SPEED TRAIN TO FLORENCE Location Information Description
Travel to Florence by high-speed rail, First Class. A transfer is included from Santa Maria Novella Train Station to your stylish hotel in the center of the city, just a short walk to Galleria degli Uffizi, Ponte Vecchio and Piazza della Signoria as well as popular streets like Via Tornabuoni. Upon arrival, a private talk by an art historian sets the stage for your exploration of the "birthplace of the Renaissance."
After lunch at the hotel, take a walking tour of Florence's historic center, followed by a guided visit to the fabulous Galleria dell’Accademia, home to artistic treasures such as Michelangelo’s David. You have a choice of an included dinner at a local restaurant tonight or tomorrow night, with wine included. Buon appetito!
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Hotel Bernini Palace
CULTURE & THE ART OF THE UFFIZI IN FLORENCE Location Information Description
The city of Florence and its contemporary culture is yours to explore as you wish today. Besides Michelangelo and Botticelli, Florence is also the home of Gucci and Ferragamo, and a wealth of shops and galleries on the edge of modern culture.
This evening, join us for an after-hours private visit of the Uffizi ("the offices") conceived in 1581 as a massive government facility, was converted ten years later to a public museum which today holds some of the most important artworks of all time. Your guided visit to this remarkable institution, with its 45 exhibition halls and thousands of masterpieces, it is an art immersion unlikely to be experienced anywhere else.
Hotel Bernini Palace
A TASTE OF TUSCANY IN THE CHIANTI CLASSICO Location Information Description
Tuscany Coast, Italy
Drive outside the city of Florence and through the Tuscan countryside for a Tauck Exclusive at the ancient monastery of Badia de Passignano in the Chianti Classico region, where the monks are known for their love of learning (Galileo taught here in 1587) and their cultivation of grapes. Tour the wine cellar with a sommelier, sample its famous Chiantis, and have lunch at Osteria di Passignano... a celebration of traditional Tuscan cuisine paired with some of the famous wines produced in surrounding vineyards... followed by a little extra-virgin olive oil tasting with the chef. Return to Florence to relax or explore as you please, enjoying dinner on your own.
Hotel Bernini Palace
ROME VIA FIRST CLASS HIGH-SPEED RAIL Location Information Description
A First Class high-speed rail journey whisks you from Florence to Rome and the Regina Baglioni, in the heart of the city. Your five-star hotel on the Via Veneto is an Art Deco masterpiece that has entertained poets and princes, in easy reach of the Villa Borghese gardens, the Trevi Fountain, and the most stylish boutiques and restaurants.
Lunch is at a local restaurant before a tour of the Eternal City where monumental art is part of everyday life. Enjoy a guided visit at the Colosseum, the iconic symbol of Rome, and its most breathtaking feat of Roman engineering; its empty shell still resonates with its history of gladiator contests, mock battles, and violent spectacles.
From a high vantage point, view the imposing remains of the great Forum, once the hub of the ancient city, where Romans gathered by the thousands for political, judicial, and religious events. Our special visit to the Vatican is scheduled for tomorrow night – which means our farewell cocktail reception and dinner is this evening.
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Baglioni Hotel Regina
ST. PETER'S & THE VATICAN MUSEUMS AFTER HOURS Location Information Description
With your local guide, you'll stand in awe of Saint Peter's Basilica in Vatican City, on a vast piazza surrounded by colonnades. The great dome, designed by Michelangelo, is one of the largest in the world; it houses a soaring ornate cathedral, the tombs of popes since Early Christian times, and galleries of ancient masterpieces, including Michelangelo's Pieta.
After your visit, head back to the hotel for an afternoon at leisure, then return this evening when the crowds are gone for a Tauck Exclusive – an after-hours tour of the Vatican and its museums – unparalleled repositories of relics, archaeological treasures, paintings, sculptures, maps, and tapestries collected over centuries – and the magnificent Sistine Chapel (subject to availability and day of tour may vary). Outside the galleries, Vatican City is illuminated against the night sky – and your visit is one that you won't soon forget.
Baglioni Hotel Regina
JOURNEY HOME Location Information Description
Fly home anytime. A transfer is included from the Regina Hotel Baglioni to Leonardo da Vinci Airport in Fiumicino. Allow 3 hours for check-in.
- 60 days or more before departure: $350.00 per person
- 59-8 days before departure: $600.00 per person
- 7-1 days before departure: $900.00 per person
- On departure day and later: 100% of total price
- Any changes or cancellations to airline reservations made through Tauck either before or after departure are subject to the cancellation / change policies of the individual airlines. In n some instances these cancellation / change fees may be up to 100% of the ticket price.
- Cancellation fees may also apply to any additional services, including extra night accommodations, independently supplied services, and optional excursions reserved prior to, during, and after the tour. If flight changes, including, but not limited to, flight cancellations or name changes, are requested after full land and air deposits are received, revision fees, change fees, or airline cancellation fees will apply.
- All cancellations must be received in writing prior to tour departure. The cancellation policy will apply according to the date that the cancellation notification is received. The MINIMUM cancellation penalty is the deposit amount.
- The purchase to trip cancellation insurance is strongly recommended.
Terms and Conditions
- Land only “from price” is per person based on two people sharing a room together and does not include airfare unless expressly stated.
- All prices are in US Dollars.
- A $350 non-refundable, non-transferable, per-person, per-vacation deposit is required to reserve space for you. Payment of the deposit indicates you have read and accepted all Terms & Conditions. Your booking is not confirmed until the deposit payment is processed and you receive a confirmation invoice.
- Final payment is due 75 days prior to departure. Within the final payment date, payment in full is required at time of booking to reserve space. Reservations (land, cruise, and air) are canceled if final payment is not received by the due date.
- Additional deposits or payments are required for international air added to the start and/or end of your vacation.