Grand Canadian Rockies
This Tauck tour is called the Grand Canadian Rockies and it is a 10 day tour full of action and adventure. On this amazing luxury tour you can enjoy a classic train ride through the Canadian Rockies, ride on a seaplane over the infamous Gulf Islands and even ride in a customized vehicle across a glacier.
You’ll also take in some of Canada’s most beautiful national parks and enjoy the flora and fauna that you can find in this area of the country. If you’re looking for a 10 day adventure tour with the stunning visuals of the Rockies, you’re in the right place. Your Tauck tour to the Grand Canadian Rockies begins in Vancouver where you can soak in the most of this great cosmopolitan town before heading off to Victoria. While in Victoria you’ll see the unmistakable British influence nearly everywhere you look in town. Then you’re off to Jasper National Park to explore the area and take in the nature that you’ve been looking for. You’re time in Banff National Park will put a memorable finishing touch on this unbelievable journey through the Canadian Rockies.
10 Days • fr. $6,290
Tour Highlights & Offers
- Floatplane flightseeing excursion over the Gulf Islands from Vancouver to Victoria
- Accommodations in four acclaimed Fairmont hotels and resorts, from Vancouver to Jasper and Banff national parks
- An overnight rail journey aboard VIA Rail's newly renovated The Canadian from the beautiful Vancouver coast to Canada's Rocky Mountains – enjoy spectacular mountain scenery from Tauck's reserved seats in VIA Rail's beautiful new panorama car
- In Victoria, visit The Butchart Gardens – a National Historic Site of Canada boasting stunning floral gardens
- Docent-led tour of the Bill Reid Gallery in Vancouver, a showcase for contemporary aboriginal art
- An "Ice Age" adventure at Athabasca Glacier as you ride aboard a specially designed Ice Explorer
- A day of outdoor summer adventure activities at The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge
- Rafting on the Athabasca River in Jasper National Park
- Airport transfers upon arrival and departure as noted
- All customary gratuities for hotel and restaurant staff and local guides are included.
- The customary gratuities for the Tauck Director and local drivers are not included. We ask that gratuities be extended on a voluntary, individual basis and not as a group.
- All items of a personal nature (room service, beverages, telephone charges, laundry, dry cleaning, special food requests, etc.) and meals not specified on the tour itinerary are not included and must be paid by the client.
- Airline excess luggage charges, vaccinations, visa fees and services, airport arrival and departure taxes, individual airport transfers (when applicable), and other optional or incidental extras are not included.
- All rates exclude airfare unless expressly noted.
- 9 breakfasts
- 4 lunches
- 8 dinners
- Fairmont Waterfront Hotel in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada (1 night)
- Hotel Grand Pacific in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada (2 nights)
- Aboard The Canadian VIA Rail Train in a sleeping car (1 night)
- Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge in Jasper, Alberta, Canada (2 nights)
- Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise in Lake Louise, Alberta, Canada (1 night)
- Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel in Banff, Alberta, Canada (2 nights)
Arrive in Vancouver
Tour begins at 6:00 PM at Fairmont Waterfront, Vancouver. A transfer is included from Vancouver Int'l Airport to Fairmont Waterfront in the heart of the city. Meet your Tauck Director and travel companions at the welcome reception followed by dinner.
FAIRMONT WATERFRONT HOTEL
Vancouver highlights and a floatplane to Victoria
Home to an active cultural scene and abundant natural resources, Vancouver is a city steeped in pleasures. On a sightseeing tour this morning, enjoy a docent-led tour of the Bill Reid Gallery, a showcase for contemporary Aboriginal art of the Northwest Coast. One of Canada’s greatest artists, Bill Reid was an acclaimed Haida master goldsmith, carver, sculptor and writer, whose work is on display here. Continue on to Stanley Park, a stunning green oasis in the midst of the city, and enjoy lunch on your own at your choice of Granville Island’s tempting eateries.
This afternoon, travel by float plane and enjoy flightseeing over the pristine Gulf Islands en route to Victoria, the capital of British Columbia, for a two-night stay at a gracious landmark hotel with stunning waterfront views.
HOTEL GRAND PACIFIC
The Butchart Gardens, Afternoon Tea in Victoria and time as you please
Butchart Gardens, Canada
Throughout your stay in Victoria, you’ll discover more than a bit of British influence in its double-decker buses, horse-drawn carriages and formal gardens, all surrounded by the rustic beauty of the Pacific coast. You’ll find floral beauty in exceptional form at The Butchart Gardens, begun over a century ago. During your visit this morning, explore what has grown to encompass 55 magnificent acres of flowers and show gardens; each year over a million bedding plants in some 900 varieties promise an uninterrupted bloom from March through October. During your visit, see the Sunken Garden, the first to be planted by Jennie Butchart, and stroll through the Rose Garden, Japanese Garden and the Italian Garden.
Following your return to Victoria early in the afternoon, and afternoon tea at the famed Fairmont Empress, the remainder of the day is free to spend as you please. Downtown restaurants and shops, as well as the attractions of Fisherman’s Wharf, are within walking distance.
HOTEL GRAND PACIFIC
Ferry to Vancouver & a Rail Journey
Board a ferry this morning across the Strait of Georgia to the city of Vancouver, crossing from Swartz Bay to Tsawwassen; travel to the train station for an early afternoon send-off aboard VIA Rail’s The Canadian – and your journey to the awe-inspiring Canadian Rockies begins. Celebrate the start of your overnight journey to the Canadian Rockies with a champagne toast; dine aboard the train this evening and sleep on board the train tonight – you will be nothing less than stunned by the spectacular alpine scenery that dawn reveals!
ABOARD THE CANADIAN RAIL
Rafting and more in Jasper National Park
Arrive today in Jasper National Park; travel to The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge, in the heart of the park, for breakfast. Mid-morning, take a rafting trip on the amazing Athabasca River; you’ll be awed by the region’s natural beauty as it envelops you on your journey along the river... the waters shimmer, the evergreens are abundant, and the pristine spectacle of rugged mountain peaks and lush forests are amazing in this place an abundance of wildlife calls home.
Join us for a BBQ lunch in the Clubhouse then travel to Maligne Canyon, which is the deepest canyon in the Rockies. Return to Jasper mid-afternoon and spend the remainder of the day as you please.
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
FAIRMONT JASPER PARK LODGE
A day as you please in Jasper National Park
The day is yours to spend just as you wish among the carefully protected ecosystems – and "photographer's paradise" of Jasper National Park, where optional choices at your resort (at additional cost) include horseback riding or tennis. Rent a canoe or paddleboat on Lake Beauvert; go on a trail ride or a guided nature walk; play a round of golf on a top-rated course; or visit the historic town of Jasper on your own. This evening, a presentation by a Parks Canada official precedes dinner at your choice of restaurants at the lodge.
FAIRMONT JASPER PARK LODGE
Icefields Parkway, a glacier ride & Lake Louise
Lake Louise, Canada
Drive the Icefields Parkway, featuring jaw-dropping views of mountains, waterfalls, glaciers, and snowfields around every turn. Watch for bears, elk, bighorn sheep, and mountain goats, especially in the spring and fall. View Athabasca Glacier flowing from the Columbia Icefield, and take a memorable climb across the glacier's surface on an Ice Explorer, a specially designed vehicle. Continue on to your chateau-style hotel on the edge of Lake Louise overlooking Victoria Glacier, for a night in a Lake View room.
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
FAIRMONT CHATEAU LAKE LOUISE
Banff National Park... from Lake Louise to Banff
Spend the morning at leisure indulging in the amenities and natural beauty of your Lake Louise resort. This afternoon, enjoy a change of scenery and resorts when you settle into your resort in Banff National Park. It was the discovery by Canadian Pacific Railway workers of wonders like the Cave and Hot Spring Basin that led to this park’s establishment in the early 1880s – and of your castle-like hotel in the park in 1888, when the railway first opened tourism to the Rocky Mountains. Enjoy dinner this evening at leisure at The Fairmont Banff Springs.
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
FAIRMONT BANFF SPRINGS
Day in Banff National Park, as you wish
Spend the entire day as you wish from your grand alpine resort – it was built more than a century ago in the style of Scottish baronial castles. You might choose to explore the town of Banff... or your resort offers a full range of optional activities (some available at additional cost); perhaps you’ll take a guided nature walk, book a treatment at the renowned Willow Stream Spa, enjoy horseback riding or a round of golf... perhaps explore the town of Banff or ascend into the mountains aboard the scenic Banff Gondola. Join us tonight for a farewell reception and dinner at the fabulous Fairmont Banff Springs.
FAIRMONT BANFF SPRINGS
Travel from Banff National Park to Calgary, Alberta this morning, approximately 80 miles. Your adventure ends at 10:00 AM at Calgary International Airport. Tauck can arrange additional nights at The Westin Calgary for guests wishing to extend their stay; an airport transfer is included for these bookings. Allow a minimum of three hours for flight check-in.
- 60 days or more before departure: $525.00 per person
- 59-8 days before departure: $925.00 per person
- 7-1 days before departure: $1500.00 per person
- On departure day and later: 100% of total price
- Any changes or cancellations to airline reservations made through Tauck either before or after departure are subject to the cancellation / change policies of the individual airlines. In n some instances these cancellation / change fees may be up to 100% of the ticket price.
- Cancellation fees may also apply to any additional services, including extra night accommodations, independently supplied services, and optional excursions reserved prior to, during, and after the tour. If flight changes, including, but not limited to, flight cancellations or name changes, are requested after full land and air deposits are received, revision fees, change fees, or airline cancellation fees will apply.
- All cancellations must be received in writing prior to tour departure. The cancellation policy will apply according to the date that the cancellation notification is received. The MINIMUM cancellation penalty is the deposit amount.
- The purchase to trip cancellation insurance is strongly recommended.
Terms and Conditions
- Land only “from price” is per person based on two people sharing a room together and does not include airfare unless expressly stated.
- All prices are in US Dollars.
- A $525 non-refundable, non-transferable, per-person, per-vacation deposit is required to reserve space for you. Payment of the deposit indicates you have read and accepted all Terms & Conditions. Your booking is not confirmed until the deposit payment is processed and you receive a confirmation invoice.
- Final payment is due 75 days prior to departure. Within the final payment date, payment in full is required at time of booking to reserve space. Reservations (land, cruise, and air) are canceled if final payment is not received by the due date.
- Additional deposits or payments are required for international air added to the start and/or end of your vacation.