Wonders of the Canadian Rockies
The Wonders of the Canadian Rockies tour is a 7 day luxury adventure through the heart of the Canadian Rockies. You’ll spend time in Jasper and Banff national parks and even climb along a glacier in your Ice Explorer vehicle. This family-friendly tour is also full of adventure with opportunities to go whitewater rafting, bicycling, boating and even exploring the ancient canyons.
The wildlife in these parks is moose, elk and so much more and you’ll have many chances to see them during your 7 day tour. The Wonders of the Canadian Rockies tour, like many Tauck tours, has many exclusive offerings and expert-guided excursions. You’ll arrive in Calgary and head to Lake Louise to begin your exciting Canadian Rockies tour. Then you’re off to Jasper Park, a resort set in the Rocky Mountains. You’ll ride across a glacier and head to Banff where you will meet mounties and go on an epic gondola ride. Book your Canadian Rockies tour now.
7 Days • fr. $4,190
- Six nights at alpine resorts in Banff & Jasper national parks; bike, hike, canoe and more at The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge with a Summer Resort Activities Card
- An entertaining scavenger hunt in the town of Banff, specially designed for Tauck Bridges guests
- Visit with a Royal Canadian Mountie and go on an interpretive hike at Lake Louise – fun at any age!
- An interactive hike with a park official at Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge in Jasper National Park
- Whitewater river-rafting trip on the Athabasca River and a barbecue dinner in Jasper National Park
- Climb Athabasca Glacier aboard an Ice Explorer & ride the Banff Gondola to the top of Sulphur Mountain (7,500 ft.)
- Airport transfers upon arrival and departure as noted
- All customary gratuities to Tauck Director, local guides & drivers; service charges, taxes and porterage
- All items of a personal nature (room service, beverages, telephone charges, laundry, dry cleaning, special food requests, etc.) and meals not specified on the tour itinerary are not included and must be paid by the client.
- Airline excess luggage charges, vaccinations, visa fees and services, airport arrival and departure taxes, individual airport transfers (when applicable), and other optional or incidental extras are not included.
- All rates exclude airfare unless expressly noted.
- 6 breakfasts
- 1 lunch
- 5 dinners
- Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise in Lake Louise, Alberta, Canada (1 night)
- Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge in Jasper, Alberta, Canada (3 nights)
- Fairmont Banff Springs in Banff, Alberta, Canada (2 nights)
Arrive Calgary & Head to Lake Louise
Tour departs: 2:00 PM from Calgary International Airport. For guests who are spending the previous night in Calgary, an airport transfer from Calgary International Airport to the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire Hotel is included; pick-up time today is 1:00 PM at the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire Hotel.
The ultimate of family Canadian Rockies tours begins as you head west through the part of Alberta called Kananaskis Country; it's famous for great scenery, a lot of parks and protected areas, and outdoor adventure opportunities.
Lake Louise, Canada
Prepare to be dazzled when you reach your home for tonight, The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise, set on the banks of a sparkling lake deep in Banff National Park - when you look up, all you can see are the mountains that soar... and we mean really soar... above you! Meet your fellow Canadian Rockies explorers at a welcome reception and dinner tonight.
FAIRMONT CHATEAU LAKE LOUISE
Lake Louise & the Icefields Parkway
Lake Louise, Canada
An interpretive guided hike along the shores of shimmering Lake Louise is a wonderful way to get up-close-and-personal with Mother Nature as you begin your family's most excellent of Canadian Rockies tours. Neat wildlife, like bald eagles, moose and many other animals, make their homes here. How many different kinds of animals and birds will your family be able to count as you hike through this accessible wilderness in Banff National Park together?
This afternoon, set off on a memorable ride along a world-famous stretch of highway – western Canada's Icefields Parkway - surrounded by mountains, glaciers and snowfields as far as the eye can see! And keep that eye peeled for glimpses of mountain goats, bighorn sheep, deer and other wildlife all the way to The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge, your spectacular lakefront resort in the middle of Jasper National Park, for a three-night stay.
FAIRMONT JASPER PARK LODGE
A Day of Fun - Your Way - at Jasper Park Lodge
Start off the morning by joining a national park official for an interactive (and active) family strategy game on the grounds of the lodge that’s fun for everyone. Then spend the rest of the day just as you please in the wilderness wonderland of Jasper National Park, at your inside-the-park resort set in the magnificent Rocky Mountains.
Best of all, you'll receive a free Summer Resort Activities Card* to use for fun things like a free hour of bicycle rental, a boat for an hour, one hour of tennis court and racket rental, or a bucket of balls and club rental at the golf driving range; your card is good for the entire time you're staying at Jasper.
Maybe you and your family will go off in search of the wildlife that calls the area home or play in the swimming pool... or perhaps engage in other optional activities (available at an additional charge) like golf or horseback riding. It's up to you! Join us tonight for a private lakeside barbecue at your lodge!
FAIRMONT JASPER PARK LODGE
Maligne Canyon & Athabasca River Rafting
This most inspiring of family Canadian Rockies tours continues with an exciting expedition to Maligne Canyon in Jasper National Park, created more than 150 million years ago! One of the most spectacular gorges in the Canadian Rockies, the views way down deep between its steep, smooth canyon walls are memorable.
Each bridge you cross brings something new - from lush plant life and ancient fossils to mysterious potholes and cascading waterfalls. Then, board a rubber boat for a wet and wild rafting trip* down the mighty, glacier-fed Athabasca River, encountering both calm waters and "whitewater" along the way as you float through some amazing scenery.
FAIRMONT JASPER PARK LODGE
Ride Across a Glacier & on to Banff
Get set for something really cool as you board a specially designed Ice Explorer for an unforgettable ride atop the Athabasca Glacier in the middle of the Columbia Icefields, among the largest accumulations of ice and snow south of the Arctic Circle... some of the glacier's ice began as snow more than 400 years ago! Before you set off, look up – the people and Ice Explorers you see in the distance look like ants and toy vehicles. Later... when you're on one... you get the picture of how incredible it is to be on the glacier!
Then keep a lookout for moose, bighorn sheep, elk, eagles, hawks and other wildlife as you drive along the Icefields Parkway again this afternoon, through the kind of spectacular scenery you'd expect to see on the ultimate of Canadian Rockies tours. Arrive at your historic "castle in the mountains" – The Fairmont Banff Springs resort – for a two-night stay in the heart of Banff National Park.
FAIRMONT BANFF SPRINGS
A Gondola Car, Mounties & more in Banff
Start the day with a ride up to the "top of the world" on the Banff Gondola; looking around you from your gondola car at the summit of Sulphur Mountain, you'll have a bird's-eye view of six mountain ranges! On your way back to Banff, you’re joined by a real “Mountie” who relates tales of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. Check out this chic alpine resort town with a fun scavenger hunt through the heart of town, and an afternoon spent as you please.
A Banff Heritage Passport is included, good for admission to the Whyte Museum of the Canadian Rockies – featuring collections of local art, historic exhibits, and seven restored early Banff cabins and homes – and the Buffalo Nations Luxton Museum, dedicated to the appreciation, interpretation, demonstration and display of the cultures, traditions, and values of the First Nations of North America and their trading partners. Or stay at your resort and swim, rent mountain bikes* or canoes*, pamper yourself at the Willow Stream Spa or get in a round of golf (both available at an additional charge), or just follow your nose to spot wildlife.
Join the group tonight for a special farewell bowling party – featuring Canadian-style five-pin bowling at the Banff Bowling Center – and dinner for a fun-filled close to a great family trip!
FAIRMONT BANFF SPRINGS
Your family's most memorable of Canadian Rockies tours ends this morning as you travel back to Calgary (approximately 80 miles) for your flight home. Tour ends: 10:00 AM at Calgary International Airport.
Guests spending additional nights in Calgary will be transferred to the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire upon arrival; a transfer from Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire to Calgary International Airport is included. Please allow 2 hours for airport check-in formalities.
- 60 days or more before departure: $350.00 per person
- 59-8 days before departure: $600.00 per person
- 7-1 days before departure: $900.00 per person
- On departure day and later: 100% of total price
- Any changes or cancellations to airline reservations made through Tauck either before or after departure are subject to the cancellation / change policies of the individual airlines. In n some instances these cancellation / change fees may be up to 100% of the ticket price.
- Cancellation fees may also apply to any additional services, including extra night accommodations, independently supplied services, and optional excursions reserved prior to, during, and after the tour. If flight changes, including, but not limited to, flight cancellations or name changes, are requested after full land and air deposits are received, revision fees, change fees, or airline cancellation fees will apply.
- All cancellations must be received in writing prior to tour departure. The cancellation policy will apply according to the date that the cancellation notification is received. The MINIMUM cancellation penalty is the deposit amount.
- The purchase to trip cancellation insurance is strongly recommended.
Terms and Conditions
- Land only “from price” is per person based on two people sharing a room together and does not include airfare unless expressly stated.
- All prices are in US Dollars.
- A $350 non-refundable, non-transferable, per-person, per-vacation deposit is required to reserve space for you. Payment of the deposit indicates you have read and accepted all Terms & Conditions. Your booking is not confirmed until the deposit payment is processed and you receive a confirmation invoice.
- Final payment is due 75 days prior to departure. Within the final payment date, payment in full is required at time of booking to reserve space. Reservations (land, cruise, and air) are canceled if final payment is not received by the due date.
- Additional deposits or payments are required for international air added to the start and/or end of your vacation.