Best of Croatia and Slovenia
Take an epic journey in a culturally and historically rich region on this 11 Day, Best of Croatia and Slovenia tour. Travel from Zagreb, Croatia through Bled, Ljubljana, Opatija, Pula, Rovinj, Plitvice, Trogir, Split, Ston and Dubrovnik. Abundant natural wonders, delicious cuisine, thrilling architecture and other delightful highlights enhance this guided adventure.
Enjoy a cruise on the crystalline waters of Lake Bled to see the lovely Church of the Assumption on Bled Island. Spend an evening hosted for dinner at a family's fifth-generation farm followed with a tour including their resident animals. Visit Ston's salt pans dating back to the 2nd century BC. Marvel at the stunning waterfalls in Plitvice National Park. Learn of Pula's role for the Allied Forces in WWII. Art and architecture lovers will thrill in beautiful Trogir. Explore Diocletian's Palace unencumbered by crowds. SIghtseeing opportunities will showcase Onofrio's Fountain and the Rector's Palace in Dubrovnik. This picturesque vacation will color your memories for years to come.
11 Days • fr. $2,250
- ORIENTATION of Ljubljana, Bled, Opatija and Ston
- LOCAL SPECIALIST in Zagreb
- GUIDED TOUR in Pula
- LOCAL GUIDE in Rovinj
- TOUR GUIDE in Trogir
- SPECIALIST GUIDED TOUR in Split and Dubrovnik
- SEE salt pans from 2nd century BC in Ston
- VISIT the Church of Assumption on Bled Island
- WITNESS the arena in Pula
- SEE Plitvice National Park's lakes and waterfalls
- ADMIRE Diocletian's Palace in Split
- DINNER and guided tour of fifth-generation-family farm in Bled
- SCENIC CRUISE to Bled Island
- SEE Zagreb's Ban Jelačić Square
- WITNESS the Opera House and Castle of Ljubljana
- VIEW the Park of Sv. Jakov in Opatija
- EXPLORE the Old City of Dubrovnik
- Handcrafted Highlights
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries
- All porterage and local charges included
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- VIP entry to many sights
- Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Gratuities are included for services during the land stay of your vacation unless otherwise noted. This includes wait staff at included meals, and porterage at hotels for one suitcase per person. Gratuities for your tour director, local hosts, guides, and drivers are not included in the vacation price (unless otherwise noted in pricing details) and are discretionary.
- All items of a personal nature (room service, beverages, telephone charges, laundry, special food requests, etc.) and meals not specified on the tour itinerary are not included and must be paid by the client.
- All rates exclude airfare unless expressly noted.
- Hotel Park in Bled, Slovenia (3 nights)
- Paris Hotel in Opatija, Croatia (2 nights)
- Hotel Jezero in Plitvička Jezera, Croatia (1 night)
- Atrium Hotel in Split, Croatia (2 nights)
- Lapad Hotel in Dubrovnik, Croatia (2 nights)
- The hotels listed are intended to be used on all departures however Trafalgar Tours reserves the right to substitute other hotels than those listed. If a change becomes necessary for any reason, the hotel substituted will be of equivalent quality to those listed. No refunds are provided for hotel changes and full cancellation penalties apply.
ARRIVE ZAGREB Location Information Description
Embark on an off-the-beaten track discovery of Croatia. The capital city of Zagreb is your springboard to an enchanting journey through what was once a troubled region and is today a land of diverse cultures and traditions. Meet your Travel Director and fellow travellers this evening for a Welcome Reception and evening orientation drive.
ZAGREB SIGHTSEEING - BLED Location Information Description
Spend the morning exploring Zagreb with a 'Local Specialist' before travelling through romantic landscapes to the lakeside resort town of Bled, where you'll stay the next two nights.
BLED ORIENTATION AND FREE TIME Location Information Description
Enjoy some free time today to connect with this enchanting setting, but not before you sail on Lake Bled's crystal-clear waters to Bled Island to view its Church of the Assumption. Spend the rest of the day exploring on your terms.
This evening, savor local Slovenian flavors as you 'Connect With Locals' at a traditional 'Be My Guest' dinner with a local family.
BLED – LJUBLJANA – OPATIJA Location Information Description
Leave the beauty of Bled behind for one of Europe's smallest capitals. Embark on an orientation tour of Ljubljana this morning, admiring its Old Town, bridges and Castle.
Location Information Description
Then, continue to the seaside resort of Opatija.
PULA AND ROVINJ EXCURSION AND OPATIJA FREE TIME Location Information Description
Seaside splendor is on the agenda today and you'll start your day in the coastal city of Pula on Croatia's Istrian Peninsula. Visit Pula's 1st-century arena, with your 'Local Specialist', and learn about the city's role as a strategic location for the Romans, Ostrogoths, Venetians and the Allied Forces in World War II.
Location Information Description
Next, head to the fishing port of Rovinj. Wander through the Old Town and witness its Mediterranean influences.
Location Information Description
Return to Opatija for some time on your own. See the statuesque nymph, her hand outstretched to cradle a seagull as a symbol of this region, and admire the belle-époque architecture.
OPATIJA - PLITVICE Location Information Description
Plitvice Lakes National Park, Croatia
The extraordinary natural beauty of Plitvice takes centre stage today as we embark on a guided walking tour with a Local Specialist along the wooden pathways that are suspended over these mesmerising natural landscapes. You’ll enjoy an unforgettable MAKE TRAVEL MATTER® Experience as you admire the cascade of spectacular waterfalls and crystal-clear waters reflecting green, grey and blue against the lush landscapes. You’ll feel the special significance of this place, which is undeniably one of Croatia’s most beloved natural treasures and be grateful that through your visit you have helped to preserve it for generations to come. Thoroughly enchanted by the experience, you’ll settle in for your overnight stay at Jezero Hotel, located in the very heart of the Plitvice Lakes National Park, a short stop from Kozjak, Plitvice’s largest lake. Enjoy dinner at your hotel.
PLITVICE - TROGIR - SPLIT Location Information Description
Today, visit the walled island of Trogir with a 'Local Specialist'. This stone town is connected to the mainland and the island of Čiovo by bridges and will delight lovers of art, and Renaissance, Baroque and Romanesque architecture.
Location Information Description
The journey continues to Split, where you'll join a 'Local Specialist' for a sightseeing tour, which includes entry into Diocletian's Palace, built for the emperor's retirement. Spend the evening on your own.
SPLIT FREE DAY OR OPTIONAL EXCURSION TO A DALMATION ISLAND Location Information Description
Delve into centuries of heritage on this free day in Split. Consider purchasingt a full-day Optional Experience to one of the Dalmatian islands. Ascend the bell tower for magnificent views of the sprawling terracotta roofs and white marble façades that edge onto the Adriatic. Or savor the city's delicious gastronomy at cafés tucked away in hidden lanes.
SPLIT - STON - DUBROVNIK Location Information Description
The impressive walls of Dubrovnik beckon, but not before we stop to admire the extraordinary walled city of Ston, with its dramatic views and laid-back fishing village atmosphere. Dive Into Culture and visit Europe's oldest salt pans where you'll hear how salt has been harvested here since ancient times. We continue to Dubrovnik this evening.
DUBROVNIK SIGHTSEEING Location Information Description
Tread in the footsteps of Lord Byron and George Bernard Shaw, who were intoxicated by the allure of Dubrovnik. With your 'Local Specialist', you'll embark on a sightseeing tour past the Rector's Palace, Onofrio's Fountain and the Franciscan and Dominican monasteries, before spending time on your own.
As this journey comes to an end, join your travel companions for a Farewell Dinner.
DEPART DUBROVNIK Location Information Description
Your time together comes to an end this morning after breakfast. Transfers are available to Dubrovnik Airport. Conditions apply.
- 60 days or more prior to departure the deposit is non-refundable
- 59-16 days prior to commencement of services: 30% of total price*
- 15-8 days prior to commencement of services: 50% of total price*
- 7-1 days prior to commencement of services: 90% of total price*
- On departure day and later: 100% of total price*
- *Total price does not include any Instant Purchase Air or Instant Purchase Air service fees, which are non-refundable after 24 hours from purchase. Intra-vacation air is non-refundable after final payment.
- Cancellation fees may also apply to any additional services, including extra night accommodations, independently supplied services, and optional excursions reserved prior to, during, and after the tour. If flight changes, including, but not limited to, flight cancellations or name changes, are requested after full land and air deposits are received, revision fees, change fees, or airline cancellation fees will apply.
- In many instances, airline revision or change fees can be up to $300, but in some instances may be up to 100% of the ticket price. Cancellation penalties will be quoted at time of cancellation.
- All cancellations must be received in writing prior to tour departure. The cancellation policy will apply according to the date that the cancellation notification is received. The MINIMUM cancellation penalty is the deposit amount.
- The purchase to trip cancellation insurance is strongly recommended.
Terms and Conditions
- Land only “from price” is per person based on two people sharing a room together and does not include airfare unless expressly stated.
- All prices are in US Dollars.
- A $200 non-refundable, non-transferable, per-person, per-vacation deposit is required to reserve space for you, with some limited exceptions, as noted below. Payment of the deposit indicates you have read and accepted theseall Terms & Conditions. Your booking is not confirmed until the deposit payment is processed and you receive a confirmation invoice.
- Final payment is due 60 days prior to departure, with some limited exceptions, as noted below. Within the final payment date, payment in full is required at time of booking to reserve space. Reservations (land, cruise, and air) are canceled if final payment is not received by the due date. The payment policy may vary for group reservations.
- Additional deposits or payments are required for international air added to the start and/or end of your vacation and/or for intra-vacation air, as specified in the itinerary (“air-inclusive vacations”). Air-inclusive vacation pricing is guaranteed upon receipt of full land plus air deposit or land deposit plus full airfare price, depending on type of airfare purchased (Flex-Air or Instant Purchase Air).
- For complete terms and conditions please visit the Trafalgar Terms & Conditions for more information.