Contrasts of Australia
Discover for yourself why guests are continuously drawn to this region on a delightful Contrasts of Australia escorted tour. From Melbourne to Sydney see iconic architecture, famous beaches and those tasked with protecting them, enjoy a bit of ecotourism at a wildlife sanctuary and plant a tree in the rainforest. Dive into the stunning underwater world of The Great Barrier Reef.
Join your local specialist for a private stroll through eclectic Melbourne where hip street art and café society dwell. You'll also see Federation Square and Shrine of Remembrance. At Hartley's Crocodile Adventures view the resident crocs in their care. Help the conservation efforts of Rainforest Restoration by planting a tree. A thrilling high-speed catamaran cruise to the outer edge of the Great Barrier Reef gives you the choice to see the vibrant life beneath the waves from a dry semi-submersible or don snorkel gear and get your feet wet. Spend an insightful evening at Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park. Festivities include a welcome ceremony, Dreamtime stories and an indigenous dance group's high-impact performance. Enjoy a delicious regional dinner accompanied by the soothing sounds of the didgeridoo. Vivid sunset is incredible from a cruise through Sydney Harbour. An exclusive tour through the Members Only facility of Australia's oldest surf lifesaving club with lunch is another unique experience.
9 Days • fr. $3,725
Tour Highlights & Offers
- CITY TOUR in Melbourne and Sydney
- CRUISE WITH LOCAL SPECIALIST on the Great Barrier Reef in Queensland
- SAIL in Sydney Harbour
- VISIT Hartley's Crocodile Adventures in Queensland
- TOUR Sydney Opera House
- EXPLORE Bondi Beach
- VISIT Sydney Opera House
- SEE Bondi Beach
- VIEW Darling Harbour from your Sydney hotel room
- MARVEL at Sydney Harbour Bridge and Opera House from the water
- JOIN tree planting to help rainforest restoration in Far North Queensland
- GUIDED TOUR Australia's oldest Surf Lifesaving Club at Bondi Beach
- LOCAL SPECIALIST for Included sightseeing at Hartley's Crocodile Boat Cruise
- GUIDED SIGHTSEEING Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park
- Handcrafted Highlights
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries
- All porterage and local charges included
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- VIP entry to many sights
- Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Gratuities are included for services during the land stay of your vacation unless otherwise noted. This includes wait staff at included meals, and porterage at hotels for one suitcase per person. Gratuities for your tour director, local hosts, guides, and drivers are not included in the vacation price (unless otherwise noted in pricing details) and are discretionary.
- All items of a personal nature (room service, beverages, telephone charges, laundry, special food requests, etc.) and meals not specified on the tour itinerary are not included and must be paid by the client.
- All rates exclude airfare unless expressly noted.
- Crowne Plaza Melbourne in Melbourne, Australia (2 nights)
- Hilton Cairns, in Cairns, Australia (3 nights)
- Hyatt Regency (Darling Harbour View Room) in Sydney, Australia (3 nights)
- The hotels listed are intended to be used on all departures however Trafalgar Tours reserves the right to substitute other hotels than those listed. If a change becomes necessary for any reason, the hotel substituted will be of equivalent quality to those listed. No refunds are provided for hotel changes and full cancellation penalties apply.
ARRIVE MELBOURNE Location Information Description
This tale of three cities and an underwater wonderland kicks off in stylish Melbourne. On arrival, transfer to your hotel (flights to arrive prior to 12pm).
This evening get to know your Travel Director and fellow travelers during a Welcome Reception and Regional Dinner featuring seasonal produce paired with quality Australian wines.
Crowne Plaza Melbourne
MELBOURNE SIGHTSEEING AND FREE TIME Location Information Description
Melbourne's famous hidden laneways provide the perfect opportunity to 'Dive Into Culture' this morning, as you embark on a private walk to discover the city's eclectic little lanes, arcades, café society and edgy street art, renowned the world over.
Admire the exquisite Victorian façades that line grand boulevards and see Federation Square, the Melbourne Cricket Ground and Shrine of Remembrance. Your orientation complete, you'll have the rest of the day at leisure to immerse yourself in this stylish cityscape.
Crowne Plaza Melbourne
MELBOURNE - CAIRNS Location Information Description
Journey north to Cairns, the laidback gateway to an astoundingly rich marine ecosystem. On arrival, join your 'Local Specialist' for a private wildlife journey at Hartley's Crocodile Adventures, keeping your eye on the crocs that cruise the murky waters of the lagoon or laze on the bank.
Location Information Description
Then, 'Join Trafalgar' and take part in a Rainforest Restoration project to protect this natural wonder. Enjoy an evening at leisure and perhaps sample the fresh seafood flavors for which the city is famous.
GREAT BARRIER REEF Location Information Description
Great Barrier Reef, Australia
Prime your sea legs for the experience of a lifetime which lies beneath the sparkling blue waters of the Coral Sea. Board a high-speed catamaran and cruise to the outer edge of the Great Barrier Reef. View the spectacular coral and tropical fish from the underwater observatory and semi-submersible craft or don your provided snorkeling equipment for an up-close encounter. Enjoy a tropical buffet lunch on the Great Barrier Reef before returning to Cairns.
CAIRNS FREE TIME Location Information Description
Enhance your free day with one of Trafalgar's recommended Optional Experiences. Embark on a Scenic Rail journey to Kuranda to explore the 'village in a rainforest' and take the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway on the return journey through some of the oldest rainforest in the world.
Indulge your inner sloth and spend the day relaxing at your hotel pool or sipping a cool cocktail while watching the outdoorsy locals live life to the fullest.
This evening, 'Dive Into Culture' at Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park, where you'll witness a 'Welcome to Country' ceremony, hear stories of the Dreamtime and see an entertaining high-impact performance by the indigenous dance group, followed by a Regional Dinner paired with the intoxicating sounds of the didgeridoo.
CAIRNS - SYDNEY Location Information Description
Fly south to Sydney this morning and enjoy some time at leisure before you take to the waters of Sydney Harbour on a sunset cruise. As day turns to night, watch how the city's iconic landmarks light up - a magical backdrop for a Regional Dinner shared with new friends.
Hyatt Regency (Darling Harbour View Room)
SYDNEY SIGHTSEEING Location Information Description
Go behind the scenes and discover the inner workings of the Sydney Opera House this morning, joining a 'Local Specialist' for a private guided tour of this architectural marvel before the crowds.
Rub shoulders with the bronzed and beautiful locals at Bondi Beach next for a 'Be My Guest' experience. Meet a local surf lifesaver and gain insights into surf lifesaving and the history of Bondi. 'Connect With Locals' during an exclusive tour through the Members Only facility of Australia's oldest surf lifesaving club and enjoy lunch amidst the best views of this famous beach.
Hyatt Regency (Darling Harbour View Room)
SYDNEY FREE TIME Location Information Description
Get your final fix of Sydney with a full day to explore this harbor city. Consider an Optional Experience to the nearby Blue Mountains or tame your inner adventurer with a thrilling climb up (and over) the Sydney Harbour Bridge. Your epic encounter with the highlights of Australia nearing its end, you'll join your Travel Director for a Farewell Dinner at a waterfront restaurant.
Hyatt Regency (Darling Harbour View Room)
DEPART SYDNEY Location Information Description
Say farewell to Sydney as your Australian holiday comes to an end and you're transferred to Sydney Airport for your onward flight (flights anytime).
- 60 days or more prior to departure the deposit is non-refundable
- 59-16 days prior to commencement of services: 30% of total price*
- 15-8 days prior to commencement of services: 50% of total price*
- 7-1 days prior to commencement of services: 90% of total price*
- On departure day and later: 100% of total price*
- *Total price does not include any Instant Purchase Air or Instant Purchase Air service fees, which are non-refundable after 24 hours from purchase. Intra-vacation air is non-refundable after final payment.
- Cancellation fees may also apply to any additional services, including extra night accommodations, independently supplied services, and optional excursions reserved prior to, during, and after the tour. If flight changes, including, but not limited to, flight cancellations or name changes, are requested after full land and air deposits are received, revision fees, change fees, or airline cancellation fees will apply.
- In many instances, airline revision or change fees can be up to $300, but in some instances may be up to 100% of the ticket price. Cancellation penalties will be quoted at time of cancellation.
- All cancellations must be received in writing prior to tour departure. The cancellation policy will apply according to the date that the cancellation notification is received. The MINIMUM cancellation penalty is the deposit amount.
- The purchase to trip cancellation insurance is strongly recommended.
Terms and Conditions
- Land only “from price” is per person based on two people sharing a room together and does not include airfare unless expressly stated.
- All prices are in US Dollars.
- A $200 non-refundable, non-transferable, per-person, per-vacation deposit is required to reserve space for you, with some limited exceptions, as noted below. Payment of the deposit indicates you have read and accepted theseall Terms & Conditions. Your booking is not confirmed until the deposit payment is processed and you receive a confirmation invoice.
- Final payment is due 60 days prior to departure, with some limited exceptions, as noted below. Within the final payment date, payment in full is required at time of booking to reserve space. Reservations (land, cruise, and air) are canceled if final payment is not received by the due date. The payment policy may vary for group reservations.
- Additional deposits or payments are required for international air added to the start and/or end of your vacation and/or for intra-vacation air, as specified in the itinerary (“air-inclusive vacations”). Air-inclusive vacation pricing is guaranteed upon receipt of full land plus air deposit or land deposit plus full airfare price, depending on type of airfare purchased (Flex-Air or Instant Purchase Air).
- For complete terms and conditions please visit the Trafalgar Terms & Conditions for more information.