Get to know some of Europe's most delightful cities on this European Highlights 7 Day escorted tour. Your journey will travel between the Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland and France. Enjoy guided walks through historic towns and modern cities. Cruise down the Rhine River, explore castles, visit the Black Forest and learn about the culture and history of this region with Local Specialists.
Delve into the landscapes of Europe, from Amsterdam's gabled façades and waterways to the sophistication of Paris. Enjoy lunch in the highest castle in the Rhine River Valley surrounded by medieval splendor. Marvel at Heidelberg's Renaissance structures, Baroque Old Town and view of the red sandstone castle's remnants standing sentinel over the city. Pass through the beautiful and storied Black Forest. Meet with cuckoo clock artisans and gain insight into their delicate craft. Visit Europe's largest waterfall, Rhine Falls. Cross Lucerne's famed Chapel Bridge. Spend time browsing for chocolates and other souvenirs in Old Town. Cross the Maginot Line between Switzerland and France. You'll admire the verdant Burgundy Wine Region, home to delicious Chardonnay and Pinot Noir grape varieties. Take a guided tour through Paris and see the glorious Eiffel Tower, glamorous Champs Élysées, and the monumental Arc de Triomphe. This adventure is sure to tick off many bucket list items for guests with varied interests.
7 Days • fr. $1,925
Tour Highlights & Offers
- ORIENTATION of Amsterdam
- EXPLORE Lucerne
- TOUR the Rhine Falls in Schaffhausen
- VIEW the Lorelei Rock
- SEE the Vineyards of Burgundy
- VIEW the Lion Monument and the Chapel Bridge in Lucerne
- VISIT the Arc de Triomphe and Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris
- ENJOY lunch in a medieval castle
- LEARN from cuckoo clockmakers
- SOAK up Swiss hospitality
- GUIDED SIGHTSEEING in Paris
- MARVEL at the Eiffel Tower
- WITNESS the Champs Élysées
- Handcrafted Highlights
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries
- All porterage and local charges included
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- VIP entry to many sights
- Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Gratuities are included for services during the land stay of your vacation unless otherwise noted. This includes wait staff at included meals, and porterage at hotels for one suitcase per person. Gratuities for your tour director, local hosts, guides, and drivers are not included in the vacation price (unless otherwise noted in pricing details) and are discretionary.
- All items of a personal nature (room service, beverages, telephone charges, laundry, special food requests, etc.) and meals not specified on the tour itinerary are not included and must be paid by the client.
- All rates exclude airfare unless expressly noted.
- Mercure City in Amsterdam, Netherlands (1 night)
- Holiday Inn in Rhineland, Germany (1 night)
- Grand Europe in Lucerne, Switzerland (2 nights)
- Pullman Paris La Défense in Paris, France (2 nights)
- The hotels listed are intended to be used on all departures however Trafalgar Tours reserves the right to substitute other hotels than those listed. If a change becomes necessary for any reason, the hotel substituted will be of equivalent quality to those listed. No refunds are provided for hotel changes and full cancellation penalties apply.
ARRIVE AMSTERDAM Location Information Description
Welcome to the colorful city of Amsterdam. Explore this city of bicycles and boats before joining your Travel Director and fellow travellers this evening, on a scenic canal cruise including a light dinner and welcome drinks.
AMSTERDAM – RHINE CRUISE – HEIDELBERG – RHINELAND Location Information Description
Rhine Gorge, Germany
Journey through Germany to the highest castle in the Rhine River Valley for an exclusive Be My Guest experience where you'll Connect With Locals over lunch in medieval surrounds and be transported back to a time of kings and knights.
Location Information Description
Next board a river cruise to St. Goar then head to the old university town of Heidelberg, with its impressive Renaissance structures, Baroque Old Town and views of the ruined red sandstone castle. Venture to your Rhineland hotel, where the evening is spent at leisure.
RHINELAND – SCHAFFHAUSEN – LUCERNE Location Information Description
Delve into a world of legends and fairy-tales today as you enter the enchanting Black Forest. Here, we'll 'Dive Into Culture' and witness the fine craft of cuckoo clock making, before visiting the dramatic Rhine Falls at Schaffhausen, the largest waterfall in Europe.
Location Information Description
Cross the Swiss border, admiring the exquisite alpine setting and arrive on the shores of Lake Lucerne. Enjoy a two night stay here in one of Trafalgar's 'Stays With Stories' - the elegant lakeside Grand Hotel Europe.
LUCERNE ORIENTATION AND FREE TIME Location Information Description
Soak up the relaxed lakeside atmosphere before your morning orientation begins.
Cross the solid wooden Chapel Bridge, visit the solemn Lion Monument, commemorating the Massacre of the Swiss Guards in 1792 and spend your afternoon shopping in the Old Town for Swiss souvenirs and chocolates.
WIth your free time, take the opportunity to stroll around the city admiring the decorative signposts and ornate façades lining the city's streets.
LUCERNE - BURGUNDY WINE REGION - PARIS Location Information Description
Burgundy Canal, France
Admire the changing landscape as you travel into France through Alsace and across the Maginot Line. Admire the scenic Burgundy Wine Region, famous for its delicious Chardonnay and Pinot Noir grape varieties, before arriving in Paris.
Location Information Description
Indulge in a free evening to explore the grand boulevards of the French capital.
Pullman La Défense
PARIS SIGHTSEEING AND FREE TIME Location Information Description
Join a 'Local Specialist' today to delve into the artistic and historic treasures of Paris, including views of the elegant Champs Élysées, the Arc de Triomphe and the Eiffel Tower. View Notre Dame Cathedral and enjoy a stroll through the Latin Quarter.
This afternoon, amble through the city's stylish gardens, avenues and lanes, admiring the sophisticated atmosphere or consider purchasing an Optional Experience to the exquisite Palace of Versailles.
This evening we enjoy a Farewell Dinner with our travel companions and Travel Director.
Pullman La Défense
DEPART PARIS Location Information Description
After breakfast, bid a fond au revoir to your fellow travellers and Travel Director. An airport transfer is available. Conditions apply.
- 60 days or more prior to departure the deposit is non-refundable
- 59-16 days prior to commencement of services: 30% of total price*
- 15-8 days prior to commencement of services: 50% of total price*
- 7-1 days prior to commencement of services: 90% of total price*
- On departure day and later: 100% of total price*
- *Total price does not include any Instant Purchase Air or Instant Purchase Air service fees, which are non-refundable after 24 hours from purchase. Intra-vacation air is non-refundable after final payment.
- Cancellation fees may also apply to any additional services, including extra night accommodations, independently supplied services, and optional excursions reserved prior to, during, and after the tour. If flight changes, including, but not limited to, flight cancellations or name changes, are requested after full land and air deposits are received, revision fees, change fees, or airline cancellation fees will apply.
- In many instances, airline revision or change fees can be up to $300, but in some instances may be up to 100% of the ticket price. Cancellation penalties will be quoted at time of cancellation.
- All cancellations must be received in writing prior to tour departure. The cancellation policy will apply according to the date that the cancellation notification is received. The MINIMUM cancellation penalty is the deposit amount.
- The purchase to trip cancellation insurance is strongly recommended.
Terms and Conditions
- Land only “from price” is per person based on two people sharing a room together and does not include airfare unless expressly stated.
- All prices are in US Dollars.
- A $200 non-refundable, non-transferable, per-person, per-vacation deposit is required to reserve space for you, with some limited exceptions, as noted below. Payment of the deposit indicates you have read and accepted theseall Terms & Conditions. Your booking is not confirmed until the deposit payment is processed and you receive a confirmation invoice.
- Final payment is due 60 days prior to departure, with some limited exceptions, as noted below. Within the final payment date, payment in full is required at time of booking to reserve space. Reservations (land, cruise, and air) are canceled if final payment is not received by the due date. The payment policy may vary for group reservations.
- Additional deposits or payments are required for international air added to the start and/or end of your vacation and/or for intra-vacation air, as specified in the itinerary (“air-inclusive vacations”). Air-inclusive vacation pricing is guaranteed upon receipt of full land plus air deposit or land deposit plus full airfare price, depending on type of airfare purchased (Flex-Air or Instant Purchase Air).
- For complete terms and conditions please visit the Trafalgar Terms & Conditions for more information.