Discover the best of Europe on this 14-day Europe tour that includes 8 countries. Depart from London and visit the Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Italy, Switzerland and France. View beautiful landscapes like the Rhine River valley, the Italian Lakes District and the majestic Alps. View medieval castles and stroll through centuries old towns with their timbered facades and meander through Venice’s quaint alleyways. Take scenic cruises on the Rhine River and the canals of Amsterdam and Venice. View great art, architecture and antiquities on this amazing Europe tour.
With sightseeing tours in Amsterdam, Heidelberg, Innsbruck, Venice and Lucerne and free time to explore on your own this Europe tour will show you all of the highlights. You can connect with the locals while you enjoy a traditional 'Be My Guest' lunch with the Landi family at their home near Florence, set within a garden of oak trees against the backdrop of Tuscan vineyards and olive groves. View the great art in Amsterdam, Florence, Rome and Paris. Explore iconic landmarks such as St. Mark’s Square in Venice, the Vatican in Rome, the Duomo and Baptistery in Florence, and the Champs Élysées in Paris. Savor the gourmet specialties in each region such as fine chocolates in Switzerland, tasty gelato in Rome and dinner in a local bistro in Paris.
14 Days • fr. $3,250
Tour Highlights & Offers
- Orientation Tour of Amsterdam
- Orientation tour of Heidelberg
- Orientation tour of Innsbruck
- Orientation tour of Venice
- Orientation tour of Lucerne
- Visit St. Peter's Basilica in Rome
- View the canals in Amsterdam
- View the Golden Roof in Innsbruck
- View St. Mark's Square in Venice
- View the ancient sites in Rome
- View the Chapel Bridge in Lucerne
- View the Eiffel Tower and Notre Dame in Paris
- Take a scenic cruise along the canals of Amsterdam
- Take a scenic cruise along the Rhine River
- See the Lorelei Rock on the Rhine
- See the vineyards of Burgundy
- Eurostar high-speed train from London to Brussels
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities on included meals
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- VIP entry to many sights
- Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Gratuities are included for services during the land stay of your vacation unless otherwise noted. This includes wait staff at included meals, and porterage at hotels for one suitcase per person. Gratuities for your tour director, local hosts, guides, and drivers are not included in the vacation price (unless otherwise noted in pricing details) and are discretionary.
- All items of a personal nature (room service, beverages, telephone charges, laundry, special food requests, etc.) and meals not specified on the tour itinerary are not included and must be paid by the client.
- All rates exclude airfare unless expressly noted.
- The Tower/Hilton Kensington in London. England (2 nights)
- Mercure City Hotel in Amsterdam, the Netherlands (1 night)
- Hotel Sinsheim in Sinsheim (the Rhineland area), Germany (1 night)
- Hotel Innsbruck in Innsbruck, Austria (1 night)
- Novotel Mestre Castellana Hotel in Venice, Italy (1 night)
- A.Roma Lifestyle Hotel in Rome, Italy (2 nights)
- Hilton Metropole Hotel in Florence, Italy (1 night)
- Grand Europe Hotel in Lucerne, Switzerland (2 nights)
- Evergreen Laurel Hotel in Paris, France (2 nights)
- The hotels listed are intended to be used on all departures however Trafalgar Tours reserves the right to substitute other hotels than those listed. If a change becomes necessary for any reason, the hotel substituted will be of equivalent quality to those listed. No refunds are provided for hotel changes and full cancellation penalties apply.
ARRIVE IN LONDON Location Information Description
London, United Kingdom
Welcome to the vibrant British capital where you will spend the next two nights, enjoying the pomp and pageantry of a city that effortlessly combines old and new.
The Tower/Hilton Kensington
London Sightseeing and Free Time Location Information Description
London, United Kingdom
Join a 'Local Specialist' this morning for a tour of the iconic and unexpected sites of London.
The Tower/Hilton Kensington
London – Eurostar™ – Brussels – Amsterdam Location Information Description
This morning we meet our Travel Director before travelling to London's St. Pancras International where we will board the Eurostar™ for a high-speed train journey to Brussels and a luxury coach journey to Amsterdam. Enjoy an orientation of this historic Dutch city before joining your fellow travellers and Travel Director for a Welcome Reception dinner cruise on its canals.
Mercure City Hotel
Amsterdam – Rhine Cruise – Heidelberg – Rhineland Location Information Description
Driving through the lush landscapes of The Netherlands and Germany, we arrive in Boppard where we board a cruise along the Rhine to St. Goar, passing vineyard-clad hills and medieval castles perched above riverside towns. Arriving in the Baroque city of Heidelberg, we explore its iconic and unexpected highlights before travelling to our Rhineland hotel.
Rhineland – Innsbruck Location Information Description
We cross the Austrian border next, arriving in Innsbruck, the capital of the Alps. Admire the Gothic, Renaissance and Baroque architecture of the Old Town, including Emperor Maximilian's famous Golden Roof with its ornate façade. Admire the fascinating crystal installations and browse for precious gifts and souvenirs at the Swarovski Crystal Worlds Store and consider an evening of traditional Tyrolean entertainment.
Optional Tour offered: Traditional Tyrolean Evening
Innsbruck – Venice Location Information Description
Journey through the emerald-green landscape along the Brenner Pass into Italy and across the Dolomite Mountains to Venice. We cruise the beautiful Venetian lagoon by private launch to the gateway of Venice, St. Mark's Square. View the ornate Doge's Palace and the Bridge of Sighs, so named for the sound made by condemned prisoners as they took one last longing look at their beautiful city before meeting their fate.
Then, 'Dive Into Culture' and witness the centuries-old craft of Venetian glassblowing before spending the afternoon at leisure to soak up the romantic atmosphere. Get lost in Venice, cross bridges and discover hidden campi where locals share their daily stories over a glass of Venetian Spritz.
Location Information Description
Optional Tour offered: Gondolas & the Grand Canal (additional cost)
Novotel Mestre Castellana
Venice – Rome Location Information Description
Travel south across the Veneto Plain, passing Bologna and the dramatic Apennine Mountains as well as the green and golden fields of Lazio before reaching Rome, the Eternal City. En route, we 'Connect with Locals' over a 'Be My Guest' lunch and enjoy true Tuscan hospitality with a local family on their private estate in the Chanti countryside.
Optional Tour offered: Roman Evening with Dinner (additional cost)
A.Roma Lifestyle Hotel
Rome Sightseeing and Free Time Location Information Description
Our first stop today sees us discover the divine beauty of the Vatican City. We'll visit St. Peter's Basilica with a 'Local Specialist' to view Michelangelo's Renaissance masterpiece, the Pietà. We continue to ancient Rome to view the iconic Colosseum and Circus Maximus, once the site of exhilarating chariot races centuries ago. The afternoon is yours to explore the city on your terms. Sit on the Spanish Steps savouring a tasty gelato, shop up a storm on the trendy Via Corso or perhaps join an Optional Experience to see the magnificent frescoed ceiling of the Sistine Chapel.
Optional Tours offered include: Piazzas and Fountains of Rome, Inside The Vatican & Colosseum or Roman Delights With Dinner (additional cost)
A.Roma Lifestyle Hotel
Rome – Florence Sightseeing Location Information Description
rom Rome, we travel north through the rolling countryside of Tuscany and along the Arno valley to the 'Cradle of the Renaissance', Florence. Delve into the rich Medici heritage of this beautiful medieval city with your 'Local Specialist'. Visit what was once the political hub of the city, Piazza della Signoria, with its impressive sculptures and stunning palazzi. View the imposing Duomo with its Brunelleschi dome and Baptistery renowned for its bronze doors filled with relief sculptures.
Optional Tour offered: Michelangelo's 'David' & Accademia (additional cost)
Florence – Lucerne Location Information Description
Drive via the scenic Italian Lakes District, across the Alps into beautiful Switzerland, where we'll spend the next two nights in the medieval lakeside city of Lucerne in one of Trafalgar's 'Stays With Stories' - the Grand Hotel Europe, with its century-old history.
Optional Tour offered: Swiss Folklore Evening And Dinner (additional cost)
Grand Europe Hotel
Lucerne Orientation and Free Time Location Information Description
This morning, view the mournful, mortally wounded lion hewn from rock to commemorate the Swiss Guards who lost their lives defending Louis XVI. Walk along the flower-lined 14th-century covered Chapel Bridge, crossing the Reuss. Or join an exciting Optional Experience to one of the surrounding peaks for breathtaking views of the Swiss countryside. We have some time later to discover the best Swiss chocolates in town.
Optional Tours offered: Mount Pilatus And Lake Cruise or Swiss Countryside & Carriages (additional cost)
Grand Europe Hotel
Lucerne – Paris Location Information Description
Crossing the border into France this morning, we travel past the picturesque vineyards and country towns of Burgundy en route to the City of Light. Spend some time this evening strolling along the Seine and grand boulevards in search of a cosy bistro for fine French cuisine or consider an Optional Experience to a colourful Parisian cabaret.
Optional Tours offered: Moulin Rouge Cabaret And Dinner or Nouvelle Eve Cabaret And Dinner (additional cost)
Evergreen Laurel Hotel
Paris Sightseeing and Free Time Location Information Description
Join a 'Local Specialist' today for a sightseeing tour of this romantic city. View the sophisticated Champs Élysées, Place de la Concorde and the 19th-century Arc de Triomphe, honouring those who fought for France, Notre Dame Cathedral, then enjoy a stroll through the Latin Quarter. Our European Whirl almost at its end, we spend the evening with fellow travellers and our Travel Director, enjoying a Farewell Dinner in a local bistro.
Optional Tours offered: Seine Cruise And Paris Illuminations, Versailles Palace And Gardens, or Montparnasse and Napoleon's Tomb (additional cost)
Evergreen Laurel Hotel
Depart Paris Location Information Description
After breakfast, we say a fond au revoir to your fellow travellers and Travel Director. An airport transfer is available. Conditions apply.
- 60 days or more prior to departure the deposit is non-refundable
- 59-16 days prior to commencement of services: 30% of total price*
- 15-8 days prior to commencement of services: 50% of total price*
- 7-1 days prior to commencement of services: 90% of total price*
- On departure day and later: 100% of total price*
- *Total price does not include any Instant Purchase Air or Instant Purchase Air service fees, which are non-refundable after 24 hours from purchase. Intra-vacation air is non-refundable after final payment.
- Cancellation fees may also apply to any additional services, including extra night accommodations, independently supplied services, and optional excursions reserved prior to, during, and after the tour. If flight changes, including, but not limited to, flight cancellations or name changes, are requested after full land and air deposits are received, revision fees, change fees, or airline cancellation fees will apply.
- In many instances, airline revision or change fees can be up to $300, but in some instances may be up to 100% of the ticket price. Cancellation penalties will be quoted at time of cancellation.
- All cancellations must be received in writing prior to tour departure. The cancellation policy will apply according to the date that the cancellation notification is received. The MINIMUM cancellation penalty is the deposit amount.
- The purchase to trip cancellation insurance is strongly recommended.
Terms and Conditions
- Land only “from price” is per person based on two people sharing a room together and does not include airfare unless expressly stated.
- All prices are in US Dollars.
- A $200 non-refundable, non-transferable, per-person, per-vacation deposit is required to reserve space for you, with some limited exceptions, as noted below. Payment of the deposit indicates you have read and accepted theseall Terms & Conditions. Your booking is not confirmed until the deposit payment is processed and you receive a confirmation invoice.
- Final payment is due 60 days prior to departure, with some limited exceptions, as noted below. Within the final payment date, payment in full is required at time of booking to reserve space. Reservations (land, cruise, and air) are canceled if final payment is not received by the due date. The payment policy may vary for group reservations.
- Additional deposits or payments are required for international air added to the start and/or end of your vacation and/or for intra-vacation air, as specified in the itinerary (“air-inclusive vacations”). Air-inclusive vacation pricing is guaranteed upon receipt of full land plus air deposit or land deposit plus full airfare price, depending on type of airfare purchased (Flex-Air or Instant Purchase Air).
- For complete terms and conditions please visit the Trafalgar Terms & Conditions for more information.