Fascinating Namibia beckons, answer the call on this 13-Day Namibia Adventure escorted tour. As you travel from Windhoek you'll be immersed in National Parks, charming coastal towns, breathtaking landscapes and more. Visits include Kalahari Desert, Walvis Bay, incredible Dune 45, Africa's largest canyon, Twylefontein's ancient rock engravings and Duwisib Castle among other highlights.
Small-group tours are ideal for those looking for an in-depth adventure on this African vacation. The Quiver Tree Forest is a remarkable site with some of the tallest trees being two to three centuries old. Keep your eyes peeled for zebra and wild horses at Fish River Canyon. Learn about Duwisib Castle's history. Guests are often mesmerized by massive Dune 45, a star-dune, which stands at around 558 feet in height. Deadvlei is another, visual treat, with its dead camel thorn trees on their bed of white clay pans. In German-inspired Swakopmund, try the delicious local Black Forest cake at one of the town's quaint German Bäckerei or indulge in a pint of locally brewed Windhoek Lager. Marvel at the rock petroglyphs and rocky-red Organ Pipes in Twyfelfontein. Learn about the OvaHimba tribe's hunter-gatherer traditions dating back thousands of years. A full- day safari in Etosha National Park provides many opportunities to spot wildlife which may include the big cats and herds of elephants.
13 Days • fr. $5,795
Tour Highlights & Offers
- SEE the Namib Naukluft Mountains
- LOCAL SPECIALIST - experienced guides for safari game drives
- VIEW Naute Dam
- WITNESS the Moon Landscape valley near Swakopmund
- SEE Sesriem Canyon
- MEET members of the OvaHimba tribe, considered the last semi-nomadic people of Namibia
- VISIT Otjikandero Himba Orphan Village Project in Namibia's Kaokaland
- LEARN about Namibian farm life over a lunch of home made specialties with members of the third generation Seifart family on their livestock and agricultural farm
- DELVE INTO Kalahari Desert
- EXPLORE Keetmanshoop
- TOUR Quivertree Forest
- VISIT Fish River Canyon
- TOUR Duwisib Castle
- LEARN ABOUT Dune 45 & Deadvlei
- EXPLORE Namib Naukluft National Park
- MARVEL at Twyfelfontein ancient Rock Art
- VISIT the Petrified Forest
- TOUR Etosha National Park
- EXPLORE Sossusvlei
- Handcrafted Highlights
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries
- All porterage and local charges included
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- VIP entry to many sights
- Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Gratuities are included for services during the land stay of your vacation unless otherwise noted. This includes wait staff at included meals, and porterage at hotels for one suitcase per person. Gratuities for your tour director, local hosts, guides, and drivers are not included in the vacation price (unless otherwise noted in pricing details) and are discretionary.
- All items of a personal nature (room service, beverages, telephone charges, laundry, special food requests, etc.) and meals not specified on the tour itinerary are not included and must be paid by the client.
- All rates exclude airfare unless expressly noted.
- Windhoek Country Club in Windhoek, Namibia (2 nights)
- Zebra Kalahari Lodge in Kalahari, Namibia (1 night)
- Canyon Roadhouse Hotel in Holong, Namibia (1 night)
- Desert Horse Inn Aus in Aus, Namibia (1 night)
- Namib Desert Lodge in Windhoep, Namibia (2 nights)
- The Delight Hotel in Swakopmund, Namibia (2 nights)
- Twyfelfontein Country Club in Windhoek, Namibia (1 night)
- Etosha Safari Lodge in Etosha National Park, Namibia (2 nights)
- The hotels listed are intended to be used on all departures however Trafalgar Tours reserves the right to substitute other hotels than those listed. If a change becomes necessary for any reason, the hotel substituted will be of equivalent quality to those listed. No refunds are provided for hotel changes and full cancellation penalties apply.
ARRIVE WINDHOEK Location Information Description
Your epic small group encounter with Namibia kicks off in its capital, Windhoek. On arrival, transfer to your hotel and enjoy time at leisure - play a round of golf on the 18-hole golf course or relax in the swimming pool before meeting your Driver Guide and fellow travelers for a Welcome Reception and dinner.
Windhoek Country Club Resort
WINDHOEK - UHLENHORST -KALAHARI DESERT Location Information Description
Kalahari Desert, Namibia
Embrace the freedom of the open road as you venture into the Kalahari Desert - Namibia's boundless, sandy beauty.
You'll 'Connect With Locals' en route, joining the third generation Seifart family on their agriculture and livestock farm. Head out on a farm tour, meeting some of the resident cattle, goats and sheep and learn about Namibian farm life along the way, before tucking in to a delicious buffet lunch of homemade specialties during this 'Be My Guest' experience.
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Zebra Kalahari Lodge
KALAHARI DESERT - KEETMANSHOOP - FISH RIVER CANYON Location Information Description
Fish River Canyon, Namibia
See the iconic forest of Quiver Trees - the towering aloes from which the San people fashion their quivers to this day. After a short stop in Keetmanshoop with free time for lunch, travel to Naute Dam before arriving at your motor-themed lodge to savor a spectacular Namibian sunset.
Canyon Roadhouse Hotel
FISH RIVER CANYON - AUS Location Information Description
Peer over the ancient chasm carved by the Fish River to form Africa's largest canyon. Carved over millennia, the Fish River Canyon's gigantic ravine provides sanctuary to klipspringer, zebra and even wild horses. You'll continue your journey to the spectacular Aus Mountains where you'll spend the afternoon getting close to nature.
Desert Horse Inn
AUS - SOLITAIRE REGION Location Information Description
Immerse yourself in the Southern Namib region admiring desert vistas and expansive skies as you conquer the open road. You'll pay a visit to Baron von Wolf's Duwisib Castle to learn about its history as a gift of love for his American wife. Settle in to the comfort of your lodge and spend the afternoon relaxing, before embarking on a nature drive into the desert.
Namib Desert Lodge
SOSSUSVLEI AND DEADVLEI EXCURSION Location Information Description
In a country renowned for its epic landscapes, competition for the top spot is tough. But it is Sossusvlei and Deadvlei that rightly deserve this crown and it is where you begin your adventure today.
Gaze up at the towering Dune 45, then meander into the eerie but beautiful photographers' paradise of Deadvlei, to snap iconic photos of dead camel thorn trees on a bed of white clay pans, perfectly framed by towering sand dunes and clear blue skies. Your early morning adventure in Sossusvlei complete, travel on to explore the ravine walls of the Sesriem Canyon, carved out by the Tsauchab River.
Namib Desert Lodge
SOLITAIRE REGION - SWAKOPMUND Location Information Description
After breakfast, you'll drive to the German-inspired seaside town of Swakopmund with its colonial buildings and encroaching desert.
The Delight Hotel
SWAKOPMUND AT LEISURE Location Information Description
During your free time perhaps consider purchasing an Optional Experience catamaran wildlife cruise in Walvis Bay in search of the marine 'Big 5'. Or make the most of your free time by sampling Black Forest cake and Florentiners at one of the town's quaint German Bäckerei or indulge in some locally brewed Windhoek Lager.
The Delight Hotel
SWAKOPMUND - DAMARALAND Location Information Description
Follow Namibia's salt route en route to Damaraland, a place where mysterious flat-topped lava mountains and petrified trees cast shadows across the terracotta-colored terrain.
Twyfelfontein Country Lodge
DAMARALAND - TWYFELFONTEIN - ETOSHA NATIONAL PARK AREA Location Information Description
You'll make an important stop at Twyfelfontein to admire its ancient rock engravings, then explore the rocky-red Organ Pipes carved into the face of the mountain.
As you journey north, you'll visit the Petrified Forest and its unique fossilized tree trunks.
Location Information Description
Etosha National Park Area, Namibia
Meet members of the OvaHimba tribe with whom you'll 'Dive Into Culture' to gain insights into their hunter-gatherer traditions that have spanned thousands of years. Your visit will 'Make A Difference' by contributing to funds used for food and other necessities.
Etosha Safari Lodge
ETOSHA NATIONAL PARK FULL DAY SAFARI Location Information Description
Etosha National Park Area, Namibia
Explore one of the world's great wildlife sanctuaries on a full-day safari. Climb aboard your safari vehicle and join your expert guide as you travel between watering holes, renowned as the best spots to view the parks' plentiful wildlife. Track herds of elephants as the matriarch slowly and purposefully leads them to the nearest waterhole, and look out for the big cats seeking refuge in the shade from the heat of the day. After a full day of wildlife spotting you'll return to your accommodation in time to watch a beautiful sunset and perhaps toast to a successful day on safari.
Etosha Safari Lodge
ETOSHA NATIONAL PARK AREA - WINDHOEK Location Information Description
You'll bid farewell to Etosha and travel south back to Windhoek. This evening enjoy a Farewell Dinner at one of the city's most famous and lively beer houses to celebrate the end of a magical journey through Namibia.
Windhoek Country Club Resort
DEPART WINDHOEK Location Information Description
With your journey at its close, you'll say goodbye to Your new-found friends and transfer to Windhoek airport.
- 60 days or more prior to departure the deposit is non-refundable
- 59-16 days prior to commencement of services: 30% of total price*
- 15-8 days prior to commencement of services: 50% of total price*
- 7-1 days prior to commencement of services: 90% of total price*
- On departure day and later: 100% of total price*
- *Total price does not include any Instant Purchase Air or Instant Purchase Air service fees, which are non-refundable after 24 hours from purchase. Intra-vacation air is non-refundable after final payment.
- Cancellation fees may also apply to any additional services, including extra night accommodations, independently supplied services, and optional excursions reserved prior to, during, and after the tour. If flight changes, including, but not limited to, flight cancellations or name changes, are requested after full land and air deposits are received, revision fees, change fees, or airline cancellation fees will apply.
- In many instances, airline revision or change fees can be up to $300, but in some instances may be up to 100% of the ticket price. Cancellation penalties will be quoted at time of cancellation.
- All cancellations must be received in writing prior to tour departure. The cancellation policy will apply according to the date that the cancellation notification is received. The MINIMUM cancellation penalty is the deposit amount.
- The purchase to trip cancellation insurance is strongly recommended.
Terms and Conditions
- Land only “from price” is per person based on two people sharing a room together and does not include airfare unless expressly stated.
- All prices are in US Dollars.
- A $200 non-refundable, non-transferable, per-person, per-vacation deposit is required to reserve space for you, with some limited exceptions, as noted below. Payment of the deposit indicates you have read and accepted theseall Terms & Conditions. Your booking is not confirmed until the deposit payment is processed and you receive a confirmation invoice.
- Final payment is due 60 days prior to departure, with some limited exceptions, as noted below. Within the final payment date, payment in full is required at time of booking to reserve space. Reservations (land, cruise, and air) are canceled if final payment is not received by the due date. The payment policy may vary for group reservations.
- Additional deposits or payments are required for international air added to the start and/or end of your vacation and/or for intra-vacation air, as specified in the itinerary (“air-inclusive vacations”). Air-inclusive vacation pricing is guaranteed upon receipt of full land plus air deposit or land deposit plus full airfare price, depending on type of airfare purchased (Flex-Air or Instant Purchase Air).
- For complete terms and conditions please visit the Trafalgar Terms & Conditions for more information.